IGNORED

Anna and the M Kids Pt 9: M5 Expected

samurai_sarah

I can understand why FJ has a reputation. It's probably based on how the board was years ago... it's such a nice friendly polite place nowadays. When I first lurked and then ultimately joined, there were some absolutely terrifying posters. They would rip people to shreds, and it was a definite clique. Lots of PMing behind backs, secret fb groups and pile ons. And even after all that shit got cleaned up and we got a new owner, there were still some very snappy negative arsehole posters. The bacon bra springs to mind... but the culture changed, and has remained pleasant whilst still having a sharp eye on bullshit. I only have time for a quick scan most days and seldom post, but it's one of the few places where I'm guaranteed a few pages of intelligent honest banter to read when I'm wolfing down a sandwich. 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. All I'll say is that FJ is a much kinder place now than it was a few years ago.

46 minutes ago, Irishy said:

I can understand why FJ has a reputation. It's probably based on how the board was years ago... it's such a nice friendly polite place nowadays. When I first lurked and then ultimately joined, there were some absolutely terrifying posters. They would rip people to shreds, and it was a definite clique. Lots of PMing behind backs, secret fb groups and pile ons. And even after all that shit got cleaned up and we got a new owner, there were still some very snappy negative arsehole posters. The bacon bra springs to mind... but the culture changed, and has remained pleasant whilst still having a sharp eye on bullshit. I only have time for a quick scan most days and seldom post, but it's one of the few places where I'm guaranteed a few pages of intelligent honest banter to read when I'm wolfing down a sandwich. 

:tw_heart: 

I agree.  There are some who think we're mean now, but everyone will have a different experience.  FJ isn't everyone's happy place and I totally get that - people should hang out where they feel comfortable.

What makes me roll my eyes sometimes is when people use fiction to smack talk.  Like we ban people for having opposing opinions, or allow/encourage doxxing/stalking which is utter shit.  The people who hate FJ do so for a reason, don't they think those reasons are valid enough to vilify us?  Why make stuff up?  

I'll be honest, at times I've seen people post elsewhere valid complaints about FJ.  I don't think we're perfect and we do really value feedback.  I wish they'd say it to us so we could have a discussion about it, but I get it.  I bitch about FB other places and I'm not writing Zuckerberg emails.  But if the people complaining insist we're constantly deleting posts or that we ban people we don't like then whatever then they've their own agenda and I've tried to pretend to care before, but it's super hard because I don't.

The other thing I find eye roll worthy is those who take a couple of posts and posit that they are what FJ is.  "FJ" is several thousand members and contrary to what some think our rules allow very little hiding/redacting.  Try to get 4 people to agree on where to go to lunch, but they think we have thousands of people who all agree on every post on some controversial issues?   If we could manage that we'd have already risen to world power.  

I just prefer when the hate sent our way has some logic to it, but I know that's a lot to ask. :) 

3 hours ago, jerkit said:

I don't have any strong feeling about flannel sheets, but I asked my husband last night and he was all "oh hell no" thinking I wanted to buy flannel sheets. Apparently he has VERY strong opinions about them.

I forgot how much I love flannel sheets.  The now recently ex-husband hated them so I've been deprived.  I think I need some new post-divorce bedding just for me.

2 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I already wrote about our family history with Down's syndrome, so I have no illusions about Down's. Also, both my husband and I have PhDs in disability studies, and he is a quadriplegic-- we are well aware of the challenges of various disabilities, have our finances in order and felt prepared to take on that particular challenge. They wanted me to undergo three separate tests for Down's due to that history, and our doctor in particular and the genetic testing program in our state were emphasizing abortion, not anything else you mentioned. Also, amniocentesis has extra risks for me because of another health problem I have. Thus, it was not our personal choice to test. Others can make their own personal choices based on the evidence. I did not say there was *no* reason, I said you do not absolutely *need* to do the testing, especially if there is a risk to doing so. You do not. It is beneficial for many for many reasons. 

Not walking and talking would be exceedingly rare for a Down syndrome child (nor, if that were the case, would it be different from many issues that cannot be detected in the womb), and heart defects would be found on an anatomy scan. *On average,* CF-- which is the only thing I compared it to-- would be far more painful and traumatic for both parent and child than DS. While DS can carry complications, average lifespan is only slightly shortened. Trisomy 18, 13, and CF are a totally different story. 

I actually know someone with CF. My brother was his liver donor a while back and the whole situation got me interested in the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The work they do and have done is simply phenomenal - it's thanks to them that there are actually medications out there now that can help some people living with CF and the average lifespan has jumped up to 40! Completely unheard of ten or twenty years ago!

(Sorry, I just get really excited to talk about the CF Foundation anytime CF is brought up. I'd love to see a cure found in my lifetime.)

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Them hits keep on coming don't they? 

I feel like someone at InTouch just really doesn't like the Duggars. At least I hope that's the case. I find their ability to break stories like this about the Duggars endlessly amusing. Now if only they'd look closer at the Bateses... :pb_lol:

I guess I'm lucky to have just found FJ in the past year (and lurked for most of that time before joining). I remember being particularly impressed with the level of empathy directed at most members of the families discussed on these forums; for the Duggar women in particular, there's a lot of pining for them to better their lives somehow, even if it's something we wouldn't consider particularly earth-shattering (marrying fundie-lite, getting a part-time job, etc.; anything to deviate from the current lifestyle they've been slated for). That's not to absolve them of any personal responsibility, of course, but there's an actual desire to see these women overcome the limits set on them.

27 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I forgot how much I love flannel sheets.  The now recently ex-husband hated them so I've been deprived.  I think I need some new post-divorce bedding just for me.

It's a good time of year to look. You might find some on end of season clearance. Ooh! Hello Kitty flannel sheets! :hello-kitty-clap:

36 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I forgot how much I love flannel sheets.  The now recently ex-husband hated them so I've been deprived.  I think I need some new post-divorce bedding just

Our wedding is off. Flannel is the stuff of demons. 

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

I'm sure Mr. Destiny will be happy to hear this. :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I'm sure Mr. Destiny will be happy to hear this. :pb_lol:

Naw. Buffy is a better woman than me who actually cooks for her family. He'd appreciate being fed. :-p

8 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'll stick with Egyptian cotton you high maintenance primadonna. :) 

I'll stick with Egyptian cotton you high maintenance primadonna. [emoji4] 

WEDDING IS BACK ON!

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Naw. Buffy is a better woman than me who actually cooks for her family. He'd appreciate being fed. :-p

Oh! I thought you were going to leave Mr. D and run off with @HerNameIsBuffy. If it's a sister-wives thing, I guess I can see Mr. D finding some advantages. :kitty-wink:

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'll cook for him - you're too picky.  We need to work out the sister wives chore chart.  I do love laundry so I'll fight you for that.

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Mr. is the one that actually sleeps under a quilt for warmth, sometimes he supplements it with a small down throw.  

I like your entire post but, for some reason, this cracked me up. I'm imagining your headship declaring, perhaps in the middle of the night, 'I would now like to supplement our quilt with a small down throw'.  Is it just me?  I'm lol-ing.

42 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Oh! I thought you were going to leave Mr. D and run off with @HerNameIsBuffy. If it's a sister-wives thing, I guess I can see Mr. D finding some advantages. :kitty-wink:

She won't even come out to visit me, even though I live within hours of the World's Largest Ketchup Bottle tourist attraction so I'd have no chance of getting her to run away with me.  Besides she can keep her mister around do open jars and kill spiders and stuff.  

Sacrilege since it's not even Heinz and that's the One True ketchup.  It's in the bible.  

"Thou shalt only squirt Heinz upon thy proteins and potatoes fried in the fat of the beasts of the field or sunflowers, lest thy become an abomination in the eyes of the Lord.  Yet whomsoever should find that The One True Ketchup is not upon you, partaking of Hunt's will not cause the Lord to rain condemnation upon you, as long as absolution is sought penance will be given. But let it be said that if neither The One True Ketchup or it's understudy  are amongst the bounty that Christ providith,  partaking of any sustenance will bring about in eternal damnation for not just the sinner, but those who begot him and those he has begot...and those his begotten will begot for generations to come.  Amen."  Condiments 12:13

edited for typo that will send me to hell.

usa-illinois-ketchup.jpg

Re Emily:  I'm actually quite curious as to what happened to her. She was one of the first non Duggar/Bates fundies I read about when I started lurking/signed up here. I'm mad that I didn't know about her when she was actively blogging. I would've loved to ask her how much she knew about Straw Man arguments.

Re FJ's rep: I missed all of the admin drama, the Razing Ruth drama. I think the biggest "FJ" thing to happen during my readership was Burris. When I mentioned finding FJ to a few other online friends though, apparently they had accounts during all of that. I think FJ has a good rep now. People like Pickles continue to shit on us but if her readers knew about this site, I think they'd flock here. 

Re Joshley's new lawsuit: I don't see it going anywhere as the plantiff has a lot of stuff to prove, but lol anyways. 

20 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

She won't even come out to visit me, even though I live within hours of the World's Largest Ketchup Bottle tourist attraction so I'd have no chance of getting her to run away with me.  Besides she can keep her mister around do open jars and kill spiders and stuff.  

usa-illinois-ketchup.jpg

I grew up within a hour of this catsup bottle. You could find much more interesting things than a giant catsup bottle ;)

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I actually know someone with CF. My brother was his liver donor a while back and the whole situation got me interested in the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The work they do and have done is simply phenomenal - it's thanks to them that there are actually medications out there now that can help some people living with CF and the average lifespan has jumped up to 40! Completely unheard of ten or twenty years ago!

(Sorry, I just get really excited to talk about the CF Foundation anytime CF is brought up. I'd love to see a cure found in my lifetime.)

I feel like someone at InTouch just really doesn't like the Duggars. At least I hope that's the case. I find their ability to break stories like this about the Duggars endlessly amusing. Now if only they'd look closer at the Bateses... :pb_lol:

My husband has known several people with CF. I absolutely hope there's a cure in our lifetimes!! Treatment has already improved so much over the years, but it can be really rough. 

1 minute ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@HerNameIsBuffy, I had to check our refrigerator. We're good; it's Heinz.

OMG I can't believe I spelled it wrong - see how distracted I am by fear?  I am also glad you and your family are under the umbrella of  protection of the correct ketchup.

1 minute ago, OldFadedStar said:

I grew up within a hour of this catsup bottle. You could find much more interesting things than a giant catsup bottle

What on earth could be more interesting though???  Buffy is simply pulling out all the stops to coerce Destiny to visit. Seriously, if that doesn't work, nothing will.

2 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

What on earth could be more interesting though???  Buffy is simply pulling out all the stops to coerce Destiny to visit. Seriously, if that doesn't work, nothing will.

How about the horseshoe? Open faced burger with fries and cheese sauce smothering it. 

Spoiler

7f039b171ad47323e63d7bb790051149.jpg

15 hours ago, Bethella said:

I want to give a quick shout out to @dawbs.  

That is a really fantastic summary of dear Emily of <$1000!

Emily's the one who really brought me out of lurkdom on yuku.  I had joined but was scared to post.  I was so very shy and retiring in those days. :my_angel:

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Sorry dear. I got dumped a couple weeks before my wedding if you ever need to chat. I laugh about it now.

12 hours ago, marmalade said:

Someone re-posted Smuggar's "biggest hypocrite ever" speech, and the language makes it pretty clear that he was with an/other woman/en. 

There was a secret blog floating around cyberspace by a guy named Joe. It was written years ago. I think there are 3-5 blog entries explaining his first extramarital affairs while doing his used car business. Knowing what we know now about his Joe Smithson name, and the blog entries themselves that pretty much describe his life , I can only assume these entries were Josh Duggar. He was unfaithful from the start being seduced by a woman who came into his dealership. The tone behind the entries are naivety , shame, blame for seduction and lust. Daddy found out and paid off the woman never to speak of it.   So I personally believe the entries are really him. I believe the entries were a form of letting off guilty steam and was the beginning of his double life.  I would have to dig around and find them.....and I am not sure if I could post them here, but reading them was like reading a soul tortured.  I don't feel sorry for him at all.  But even though I loath Josh, I loathe his father for many more reasons.  He cleans up after Josh like a dog owner cleaning up his dogs poop on a public sidewalk. He enables, and hides, Josh's poop .  He is not doing it for Josh or his family. He is doing it to hide his own shame.  He failed as a father. He failed at discipline, He failed at educating his son. He failed at protecting his kids.  He failed at not instilling long lasting Biblical ways in his kids.  (Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.) He failed at not instilling purity and chaste behaviour in the marriage bed.   He failed at keeping the family free from stain.   And to cover up all these failures he has to keep picking up Josh's shit. He does it to make himself feel better. He does it because he knows he failed Josh.  He will fork out money hand over fist to make his ego and his guilt go away.  The other reasons of course are the stain on his branding.  Jimbob made Josh who he is and he knows it.  Having said all of that,  Josh is responsible for EVERY choice he made to screw around on  his wife.  He is responsible for his choices in molesting his victims.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived