IGNORED

Tim Robertson and Tabitha Paine: April Fool's?

choralcrusader8613

7 minutes ago, SamuraiKatz said:

Chad and Erin introduced them.

I believe that was supposition posted here.  Do you have anything proving that or someone in the family actually saying it?

• Upvote 13

6 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I believe that was supposition posted here.  Do you have anything proving that or someone in the family actually saying it?

I've yet to see any solid evidence of this. People have assumed that is what happened because Tim the Rapist was a security guard at Crown College but I believe it's all supposition at this point. 

For all we know, Chad and Erin tried to talk her out of this. Also, as others have said, you can't force a sibling to do anything. Or else my brother would not be married to his PITA wife...

And even under the rules of patriarchy, Chad did not have any authority over Tabitha with their father still alive. 

• Upvote 25

39 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I've yet to see any solid evidence of this. People have assumed that is what happened because Tim the Rapist was a security guard at Crown College but I believe it's all supposition at this point. 

For all we know, Chad and Erin tried to talk her out of this. Also, as others have said, you can't force a sibling to do anything. Or else my brother would not be married to his PITA wife...

And even under the rules of patriarchy, Chad did not have any authority over Tabitha with their father still alive. 

Hu? Where does that come from?

14 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

People keep saying that Chad and Erin introduced Tabitha and the groom. We have no proof of this. C/E could have introduced them, BUT C/E could have also tried to talk Tabitha out of it. Unlikely, but we really don't know either way.

• Upvote 18

16 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I have no evidence, and don't even necessarily believe it, I was just trying to show that we really have no idea where Erin and Chad stand on this issue. All we know is Erin said to ask her sister-in-law about her fiance when people asked her about it on social media and that they attended the wedding. 

I'm not sure it's enough to pull the pitchforks out just yet. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, SamuraiKatz said:

Chad and Erin introduced them. So I think he has some culpability.

Once the whole truth can out via In Touch magazine, the menfolk had the opportunity counsel her to agree to cancel the wedding.

We don't know that C/E introduced them- it was a guess. C/E would only "share" culpability if they knew that T was a convicted rapist when they made the introduction. If they did introduce, they likely did not know. I can't imagine that Tim tells everyone he meets that he's been convicted of anal rape. I imagine he wouldn't have told anyone had the press not dragged it out in the open. C/E and the Paine family probably found out about it right before the rest of us did. Not sticking up for them, because they probably don't care either way since he's been saved now  but Tab's marriage is not their fault. Whether they introduced TT or not, it's Tabitha (or her father) who chose to marry this creep.

• Upvote 8

Still no pictures? I did notice that the Bates' (including babies Bradley and Kaci) were all in their wedding finest, and Dakota Paine on her instagram had a photo with #tabiandtim and was wearing a bridesmaid-style dress. Her photo is the only one with that hashtag.

(Photo redacted because Instagram account is private.)

Edited by Destiny
removing private photo
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ophelia said:

Do you want to kill me?? I laughed so hard I was terrified that there might be some cereal coming out of my noise (reading here while having breakfast)

Have a nice time in the prayer closet!

Back on topic: I hope Tabitha is fine and that her husband will treat her well. This is such a fucked up situation.

@ophelia Sorry about that!  I kind of laughed to myself about my comment all day at work and wanted to let my coworkers in on the joke, but they really would not be able to fully appreciate it.  The thing is it's really not so funny that these same people voted en mass for the tsunami that is your #45 only because babies.

Edited by pook
edited to add that I am Canadian and when I referred to "these people" I meant fundies, not my coworkers.
  • Upvote 4

With all the criticism and backlash after this past had been exposed. They both deleted social media. I'm sure they asked the wedding guests to not post any pictures on social media. Just my guess. 

• Upvote 10

I understand that they feel truly repentant people should be forgiven and treated as forgiven, but I worry that with the examples of Josh/Anna and Tim/Tabitha the younger boys are going to get the idea that they can treat their wives in really awful ways and then repent and expect all will be forgiven. 

They were already being taught that before Josh/Anna and Tim/Tabitha.
  • Upvote 12

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, just spotted an unnecessarily wiiiiiiiide stance, 4th adult from the left....

• Upvote 32

3 minutes ago, Howl said:

Oops, just spotted an unnecessarily wiiiiiiiide stance, 4th adult from the left....

very wide indeed, who's who in this pic?  I see Erin/Chad/kids but who is the groom? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, pook said:

very wide indeed, who's who in this pic?  I see Erin/Chad/kids but who is the groom? 

The guy who looks like the creepy uncle in the blue tie. To the left of the bride. 

• Upvote 14

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

The guy who looks like the creepy uncle in the blue tie. To the left of the bride. 

yep, I see it now and Creepy Uncle is a brilliant description.

#@Carm_88 like Uncle Buck uncle creepy, oh wait he looked after those kids and was not a #rapist.

• Upvote 8

This is just the Paines. I wonder how big her bridal party really was. And Erin wasn't in it; her dress isn't pleated, and she isn't wearing a white belt. She's just there to hold the ring-bearer. 

Horrible bridesmaid dresses. 

• Upvote 3

Hmm. Compared with some we've seen, I think these bridesmaids' dresses are quite, um, okay. I don't see any ridiculous modesty panels or t-shirt style additions!  A couple of the men depicted here are horrible, but I can't quite describe these dresses as such.  

• Upvote 17

At least the bridesmaid dresses can be worn again. I kind of like them but just not for a wedding. I would shorten them a tad. 

• Upvote 8

Yeah, as long as the belts are removable those bridesmaid dresses are just fine. I know it's just the angle but Erin's feet look like doll's feet.

Anyway, the elephant in the room is palpable through this pic. So uncomfortable. I wonder how long it'll be before a family member can't "hold their peace" anymore and blows up about this shitty situation...

• Upvote 7

the whole picture makes me just sad.  Tabitha does look shell shocked and it is just such picture of no happiness.  And the grooms face looks awfully red 

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

Do you think Daddy Paine gave Tabitha a real chance to say no? As in, did Tabitha claim to want this (probably due to desperation to be a good Gothard woman/wife/mother) or was she convicted to by Daddy?

Maybe it's because Chad and Erin are my "pet fundies," but I just can't see them being on-board with this partnership. Yes I would hate to hear what came out of their mouths regarding politics/human rights/religion, but Chad truly does seem to care for and love Erin, and I would imagine that he would want a love-filled marriage for his sister too. 

• Upvote 10

I don't think the bridesmaids' dresses are too bad. I really dislike the color of the shoes with those dresses. 

• Upvote 10

It's just so unfortunate. :( I wish that this wedding had not happened.

• Upvote 25