IGNORED

Tim Robertson and Tabitha Paine: April Fool's?

choralcrusader8613

• 4 weeks later...

I hope so, too. And that he is a reformed man, if that is at all possible.

I would like to see an update just to see how Tabitha is doing. The whole situation is so strange, I cannot imagine what life she must be living now, so weird...

Edited by eveandadam
  • Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

So far Michael Bates is the only fundie I'm "ok" with being married. With that being said, Tab has to be the most desparate case of an older, young fundie getting married.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

@eveandadam So someone on tumblr found out that Tabitha is the homeschool director of this organization 

http://templebaptistacademy.com/academics/homeschool/ 

you can see her picture at the bottom. the person on tumblr also said that her husband is working at crown college now. I guess I'm glad Tabitha has a job now and I hope they pay her well ( bc I doubt the duggars even did). 

• Upvote 12

@VBOY9977: Ok, so she is not stuck at home all day, which is a good thing. I hope she is doing fine and that he treats her well, maybe he is  nice to her even after the wedding, who knows?

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, eveandadam said:

@VBOY9977: Ok, so she is not stuck at home all day, which is a good thing. I hope she is doing fine and that he treats her well, maybe he is  nice to her even after the wedding, who knows?

Not sure she's not home all day. What does a "home school director" even do? I'm not familiar with that position. :pb_geek: Maybe it's some kind of online support, who knows...

• Upvote 7

I'm glad that Tabitha seems to have a paying job. IIRC Temple Baptist is the church associated with Clown College, and they seem to have a Christian school associated with them (http://templebaptistacademy.com/about-tba-2/our-staff/). My guess is that they allow homeschoolers to participate in their activities (athletics, proms, etc.) or maybe even take individual classes. No idea what exactly Tabitha's job entails.

We already knew that Tim Robertson is a rapist works at Clown College as a security guard (which tells you all you needed to know about that place).

Edited by JillyO
Riffle
  • Upvote 16

On 9/14/2017 at 8:11 AM, ophelia said:

Earning her own money surely is a good thing for her. Especially if she ever decides to leave her husband.

Don't bet on it. It could be a voluntary position. A lot of those when years ago mine attended a Christian school for a year [long story]. No one in  a Christian School earns a living wage. Very possible her check is combined with his and he receives it. Especially in a place as Conservative as that.

I hope he does treat her decently. It is possible that he has changed. Older men aren't a popular marriage choice today, but this group looks to Victorian times for advice. So an older man isn't a big deal if he believes as they do. Something tells me though that there's been a live together relationship in his past. 46 and no past except that rape? Please....

Tabitha must be conflicted--feeling wonderful about FINALLY being a wife, and hopefully a mother, but then not getting to share her life on social media as a "ministry' like everyone else.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Very possible her check is combined with his and he receives it. 

is that even legal?  i can see that an ultra-conservative organization might try to support it, but as a legit employer, they should still have to follow state and federal guidelines.  my state doesn't allow us to have even a minor's earnings direct deposited into a parent's account unless the minor signs the form and turns it in by themselves (not to say a kid wouldn't be bullied into it by a parent--or even an adult bullied by a partner, but the parent/partner cannot come in to HR and insist on it).

seconding the low wages paid at a lot of Christian schools.  i had a coworker about 10 years ago who had previously worked at a small private school.  she made less there as a math teacher than at our office as an entry-level file clerk.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
Snip quote.
  • Upvote 4

I would agree that she's probably not paid much. But at least she can put it on a resume if she needed to job hunt. That and live in tutor for reality stars would make up her entire resume...

• Upvote 5

22 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Don't bet on it. It could be a voluntary position. A lot of those when years ago mine attended a Christian school for a year [long story]. No one in  a Christian School earns a living wage. Very possible her check is combined with his and he receives it. Especially in a place as Conservative as that.

Maybe I was a little bit too optimistic! But thank you, @IReallyAmHopewell, for this insight. I never attended a Christian School and even if I had it wouldn't have been comparable since I live in Germany.

• Upvote 4

On 9/15/2017 at 2:24 PM, catlady said:

is that even legal?  i can see that an ultra-conservative organization might try to support it, but as a legit employer, they should still have to follow state and federal guidelines. 

Probably not legal, but .... I wonder if she doesn't just take calls from home and do secretarial work at home? Or maybe since her husband works there it is ok until she has a baby.  I do wonder if they have a University apartment or how they pay to live on what is most likey a minimum wage job for him. Even in that part of TN minimum wage is not easy to survive on. Unless he has done the "right thing" and paid cash for a house. Then they could live.

Edited by IReallyAmHopewell
typo
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I do wonder if they have a University apartment or how they pay to live on what is most likey a minimum wage job for him. Even in that part of TN minimum wage is not easy to survive on. Unless he has done the "right thing" and paid cash for a house. Then they could live.

This is a good point I hadn't considered. We were all so (rightfully) distracted about the fact that Tim Robertson is a raping rapist who rapes that we didn't really consider his financial unfitness to support a quiver. There's no way they're supporting a brood on that income. Tabitha is only 30, so they could well have six to eight kids. 

Just another sign that the Paines were like, oh no, you're thirty! Here, take this one and don't ask too many questions!

• Upvote 12

48 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

This is a good point I hadn't considered. We were all so (rightfully) distracted about the fact that Tim Robertson is a raping rapist who rapes that we didn't really consider his financial unfitness to support a quiver. There's no way they're supporting a brood on that income. Tabitha is only 30, so they could well have six to eight kids. 

Just another sign that the Paines were like, oh no, you're thirty! Here, take this one and don't ask too many questions!

Since we really don''t know his past beyond the rape, he may have had property before or a business or something. Who knows. Maybe she just wants to live near Chad?

But, yes on the "you're thirty" thing. I really, really hope he has changed, gotten totally clean/sober. It DOES happen, but the way he talks about it makes me immediately doubt that. That it was all the boy friend's fault for leaving them along. Still, I'm hoping.

• Upvote 8

On 9/15/2017 at 2:24 PM, catlady said:

my state doesn't allow us to have even a minor's earnings direct deposited into a parent's account unless the minor signs the form and turns it in by themselves

Tabitha could sign a similar form to allow combining the checks.   It would be the right submissive wifely thing to do and, being a such a Godly Paine woman, she would probably do it voluntarily.

If she is paid at all, that is.  It could certainly be a volunteer position.

26 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I really, really hope he has changed, gotten totally clean/sober. It DOES happen, but the way he talks about it makes me immediately doubt that.

Me too.  He took no responsibility for his own behavior in that (now deleted) FB post.

Re. living space and money.  Perhaps they are living with other family or his parents.  Didn't his mother vociferously defend her innocent lamb, or am I confusing Timothy with someone else?

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I really, really hope he has changed, gotten totally clean/sober. It DOES happen, but the way he talks about it makes me immediately doubt that. That it was all the boy friend's fault for leaving them along. Still, I'm hoping.

I hope so too, for the sake of Tabitha at least. But honestly? His superfluous mention of his victim working in a strip club told me everything I need to know about how he still views women and sexual assault.

He also joined a religion and works at a college that tells women they're responsible for men's lust through their clothing choices. So I'm going with he's as unrepentant as ever. 

I really hate him. I hope that's coming through. :) 

• Upvote 25

On 9/15/2017 at 11:38 AM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Very possible her check is combined with his and he receives it. Especially in a place as Conservative as that.

I don't know if Tabitha's employer would do direct deposit of her paycheck (assuming it isn't a volunteer postion), but my husband used to split his paycheck into his account and mine with his direct deposit. (We just do better with separate bank accounts.) I don't think his employer cared whose name was on the bank account into which they deposited the money, as long as it was what the employee wanted. If Tabitha gave her employer the account information for a bank account that was only in Tim's name, I doubt they would bother checking that she received any of her pay.

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

If Tabitha gave her employer the account information for a bank account that was only in Tim's name, I doubt they would bother checking that she received any of her pay.

I think that would be going too far anyway, I mean, if this information comes from the employee how is the employer supposed to find out what happens to the money after it leaves the employer's account?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry! Tabitha grew up in this cult. She'll probably give away her money voluntarily to Tim, and all of it. She probably doesn't even realize the situation she is in and was told her whole life that she has to forgive men for whatever they might have done in the past. She's probably blind in a sense, which, in her situation, is a good thing.

Imagine her realizing the situation of it all! I assume she is in a covenant marriage? She would not be able to get a divorce, would she?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Imagine her realizing the situation of it all! I assume she is in a covenant marriage? She would not be able to get a divorce, would she?

She can get a divorce in a state that does not recognize covenant marriages, so no problem there.

And yes, in her situation it is a blessing that she is blind, but you can't tell me that subconsciously she doesn't feel mistreated, I mean they put love in marriage o such a high pedestal that the reality must be disappointing. But then she would think it is her fault....

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

It's hard to say if she is or isn't disappointed in marriage. She might be quite happy right now. She has her own home to decorate, she's allowed to have sex, she is finally on the same level as other married women her age, and she's got a "job." Personally I hope they don't have children anytime soon but I suppose that's what she might be disapointed in first. If she has trouble getting pregnant, I'm sure that would be disappointing for her. I imagine her disappointment in marriage won't start for another few years. Right now it's all new and exciting. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6