IGNORED

Tim Robertson and Tabitha Paine: April Fool's?

choralcrusader8613

16 minutes ago, Sharktopus said:

Thebatesfam instagram have also posted a photo of Bradley Bates and Carson Paine in smart outfits - certainty looks like a wedding!

Zachary and Whitney also just posted a picture of them all dressed up. 

• Upvote 4

I hope things work out for Tabitha, both with Tim and her new mother-in-law.  I can't imagine what it must be like to have your family and friends - the people you most trust - supporting such a marriage.  Does she think that their approval makes her safe?

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Zachary and Whitney also just posted a picture of them all dressed up. 

I think I read somewhere else here that they (Whit and Zack) follow 45 and daughter on instagram or some other social media.  I am sorry Tabitha that your parents and cult failed you.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I hope things work out for Tabitha, both with Tim and her new mother-in-law.  I can't imagine what it must be like to have your family and friends - the people you most trust - supporting such a marriage.  Does she think that their approval makes her safe?

No, she thinks God and the fact that Tim has found God makes her safe. :( 

• Upvote 14

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I think what is especially unsettling about this story is that we don't know how much Tabitha and the other girls/women really know about the story and the media outrage. They don't have acces to the internet and don't talk to people outside their very homogenous cirlce.

Tabitha did have access to the internet. She had a facebook page and almost certainly saw the post Tim made before both pages were shut down. I'd say she has at least a reasonably good idea of what he's done.

• Upvote 17

I know we all assume she's marrying him because she's a sheltered fundie, but I have to say that blindly marrying someone who is bad news, thinking they've changed or will change or that your love can change them, is not limited to sheltered fundies. When you're young (or sometimes not-so-young) and in love, or just desperate to get married & have kids because it's the norm in your circle, you make unfortunate choices, even with warnings from family and friends. Hell, I did it twice. 
The difference is that Tabitha won't have the option of a divorce if things go badly. She'll be stuck until one of them dies.

I'm really sad for her.

• Upvote 41

It's entirely possible Tabitha just doesn't care about his past. She likely believes he was wronged and, if he actually did anything wrong, God has changed him. I don't doubt she believes he is a good, decent man any woman would be proud to call her husband. Besides, she likely sees herself has a godly woman who can get the best out of him.

Marrying him might be a nightmare in our eyes but she views him through an entirely, different lens that sees him as her Prince Charming. 

• Upvote 27

Hi all, 

Longtime lurker. Just wanted to confirm your suspicions. Tabitha did indeed get married. After some investigating on Instagram, I found Joe Paine (Chad/ Tabitha Paine's brother) referencing Tabitha's wedding. I thought I would share

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 11.25.25 PM.png

• Upvote 39

Being fundie, Tabitha probably believes "that slut defrauded him" which is a shame for her ignorance. 

This marriage is disgusting and cult or not, I feel bad for her. Imagine waiting around for prince charming and you get....that.

• Upvote 26

So.......

They do seem to like to surround themselves  with male sexual predators. Who is it going to be next?

• Upvote 13

IF this wedding really is the wedding UP alludes to in the announcement for a new BuB-season, I can't belive they are willing to take the risk of bad publicity. So far they've been lucky that mainstream media haven't been interested enough to make a case of Gil being involved in the filed abuse case. Putting a convicted rapist front and center, in whats supposed to be a family oriented show were all things shady are neatly hidden? With a convieniently link to the Duggars to make the news springboard into something big? 

I kinda hope for a big, revealing scandal, but at the same time I'm so sad for Tabitha. This should be the happiest time of her life, and IF this turns into a media scandal... I just hope she has people around her for support, whatever happens. 

• Upvote 18

Well, now the wedding is done and dusted and we know that divorce is not possible in their eyes, I hope that they are able to live the life Tabitha has envisioned for them. I hope that they are able to lead honest lives. I hope that her husband will be good to her, and she good to him - even if he has made some disgusting choices in his past (please don't mistake this as me condoning his behaviour).

If they are putting it behind them as they choose to live their lives, there's really not much anyone on the internet can say to undo this.

It's very sucky that Tabitha probably felt like her headship prospects were limited as she got older. Although, this probably happens more in the real world more than we would care to admit. People willing to settle and overlook minor or major flaws in their spouses, simply because they are afraid of ending up alone.

• Upvote 21

A rapist who becomes a security guard. Surprise, surprise. All that power. People always believing his word first and at a college fully of young women raised to believe that men represent god on earth to them. 

I have a friend who is a cop. She told me always watch out for security guards. They are often exactly the opposite of safe. She said the job draws men who covet power and are psychologically unfit to be cops like honey draws flies.

• Upvote 34

15 hours ago, pook said:

I think I read somewhere else here that they (Whit and Zack) follow 45 and daughter on instagram or some other social media.  I am sorry Tabitha that your parents and cult failed you.

They publicly supported him via Instagram. That's all I need to know about their "values":

So yeah. This marriage being a real thing is in no way surprising to me at all.

(And anyone else find it hysterical that they think/thought Trump would uphold laws or the constitution? Cause I do. Mostly because if I don't laugh I just end up dying a bit more inside.)

• Upvote 45

I am concerned that UP tv will air the Paine-Robertson wedding, and I have tweeted, commented on their website, and sent a PM on fb. Any thoughts on other ways that we can pull together and keep this from airing?

• Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I highly doubt that UP will air this wedding. That's a PR desaster in the making.

I second that.  And if Tabitha and Tim switched wedding registries because of unwanted attention, I can't imagine they'd be willing to be filmed. 

• Upvote 10

I hope UP airs it so they do get a PR disaster. It never hurts for the mainstream media to know more about the dangers of fundamentalism.

And eww that Whitney/Trump tweet.

• Upvote 25

13 hours ago, Lookingforwardtosidehugs said:

Hi all, 

Longtime lurker. Just wanted to confirm your suspicions. Tabitha did indeed get married. After some investigating on Instagram, I found Joe Paine (Chad/ Tabitha Paine's brother) referencing Tabitha's wedding. I thought I would share

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 11.25.25 PM.png

Who is that guy in the green? He was in the Paine family picture in the fall. Is he dating one of the girls?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

And anyone else find it hysterical that they think/thought Trump would uphold laws or the constitution? Cause I do. Mostly because if I don't laugh I just end up dying a bit more inside.)

I bet they still think he is upholding the laws and constitution. I'm sure they adore the idea of a Muslim ban and making it harder for women to get birth control. 

Underneath the cute babies and secular movies these are still people who will vote to strip anyone who isn't just like them of their rights. No amount of jeans and cute babies can make up for that. 

• Upvote 43

1 hour ago, frugaldreams said:

A rapist who becomes a security guard. Surprise, surprise. All that power. People always believing his word first and at a college fully of young women raised to believe that men represent god on earth to them. 

I have a friend who is a cop. She told me always watch out for security guards. They are often exactly the opposite of safe. She said the job draws men who covet power and are psychologically unfit to be cops like honey draws flies.

Exactly.  And in addition to that, he joins a patriarchal cult where men run the show.  Another perfect place for a predator.  

• Upvote 19

I would be surprised if the wedding aired being that Tim has been outed on social media and the Bates are very savvy about their reputation but i am also concerned that this is the wedding they were referencing. Unless we find out about another wedding soon i have to assume this is the one. 

• Upvote 4

I don't see the point of UP airing the wedding even if there wasn't any controversy. No one knows who Tabitha and Tim are and they aren't important to the Bates' storyline on the show. Tabitha is just the sister of Chad. It's not the same as showing Kelly's sister's wedding as Kelly is one of the main "stars" of the show and the sister had been on the show before. Plus, I am sure the fact the sister is black, was a perk to the network. Makes the family seem more mainstream. What does the network get out of airing Tabitha's wedding? 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I bet they still think he is upholding the laws and constitution. I'm sure they adore the idea of a Muslim ban and making it harder for women to get birth control. 

Underneath the cute babies and secular movies these are still people who will vote to strip anyone who isn't just like them of their rights. No amount of jeans and cute babies can make up for that. 

Talk about religious freedom she mentioned, too.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

It's very sucky that Tabitha probably felt like her headship prospects were limited as she got older. Although, this probably happens more in the real world more than we would care to admit. People willing to settle and overlook minor or major flaws in their spouses, simply because they are afraid of ending up alone.

THIS! So much! And as I'm getting closer to 30 in big steps I see a lot of wonderful single woman in my life that seemingly lower their standards concerning boyfriends, husbands, baby daddies, whatsoever just because they are afraid to maybe end up alone and childless. I'm often afraid to end up the same way, because I've been single really long and would love to be in a relationship and I want kids rather sooner than later.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Snipping unnecessary quote.
  • Upvote 21