IGNORED

Tim Robertson and Tabitha Paine: April Fool's?

choralcrusader8613

I can believe she's marrying him, but it bothers me so much. I don't know Tabitha, but I know she deserves better.

• Upvote 17

Oh, I never doubted she'd go through with marrying him. No matter what she may have heard or read or learned since the engagement. The engagement was as binding as them having sex. She has no choice. She really doesn't. 

The poor woman, who is a 31 year old child, is being sold to a rapist - no god takes away what he did no matter how they want to twist it. She is in too deep because she knows no better and has no other choice.

If there is a god or deity or devil or any kind of after life reward/punishment system, her parents, family and their cult will all suffer dearly. 

I don't believe we are anything but worm food upon death but I almost want to believe there is more so I can watch them all fucking fry.

• Upvote 18

8 hours ago, mstee said:

I've only kept up with this story a little. Do we know who his parents are and how he ended up a fundy? It seems odd to go from being roommates with a woman who works as a stripper to being a fundy guy marrying into one of the more noteable fundy families. Like two different worlds. 

IMO becoming a fundie is the last refuge for the morally bankrupt.  What other social group would accept you, knowing your criminal history?

What does that tell you about the fundie way of life?  

:(

• Upvote 37

47 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

IMO becoming a fundie is the last refuge for the morally bankrupt.  What other social group would accept you, knowing your criminal history?

What does that tell you about the fundie way of life?  

:(

Well basically, if I were a guy with a criminal record (and not just minor things, but rape!), had opportunistic or even psychopathic tendencies and heard about this story, I would definately think about joining the cult for a lovely pure wife and a comunity who admired me because I sinned in the past.

I mean really, it seems you rise higher in the ranks within their cult (as a man, of course) if you join from outside and have some serious baggage of sin and criminal activity on you, but repented.

So, today is the big day!

I just woke up, the sun shining on my face throught the window, and Tabitha is marrying a rapist.

I have a job interview this afternoon, probably at the same time Tabitha is waking up at getting ready for her wedding  (to be married to a rapist).

I will be going out tonight with my wife and friends, while Tabitha Paine is saying yes to a rapist at the altar.

Tomorrow morning I'll be in the train heading to the Alpes and go for a hike , she is going to spend the first night with  a man, a rapist *cringe*

I was really praying for her and still am. I really hope he'll treat her well and that she really loves him. I'm kind of obsessed with this story, sorry for that, but it hits home so much with me.

• Upvote 41

31 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

@eveandadam good luck with your job interview!

Thank you :-)

It's a bit too much but maybe freejinger should dress the blue dressed girl in the banner  who is running away in black for today or put a chain on her leg.

Edited by eveandadam
  • Upvote 8

Has it ever been discussed on how she even met this abominable piece of human? Also, I wish we knew who's going to be in the wedding party. Joy, Jana, the Bates girls?

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Has it ever been discussed on how she even met this abominable piece of human? Also, I wish we knew who's going to be in the wedding party. Joy, Jana, the Bates girls?

He was working as a security guard at Clown College, apparently. So that's been speculated as the meeting point. 

• Upvote 5

Did we ever find out at what point Tabitha stopped living and working with the Duggars? Was she still living/ tutoring up to wedding date? Or did that stop when she started courting the creep? Did she meet him while living with them or had she already moved back home because her brother or family were trying to set her up and marry her off?

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

He was working as a security guard at Clown College, apparently. So that's been speculated as the meeting point. 

I thought I read somewhere that Erin and Chad were involved in their setup. Perhaps since Erin went to that school she might have had something to do with it. Someone had to introduce him to her. 

• Upvote 3

We really don't know many of the details (meeting at Clown, being introduced by Cherin, etc, are educated guesses). The engagement party was at the Duggars', which made me assume she was still working there at that time, but that may not be the case.

This whole thing sucks though, that I know.

• Upvote 9

I, of course, don't know Tabitha.  I envision her as a sweet, innocent, sheltered fundamentalist woman/girl who has been denied any agency by the circumstances of her upbringing.  I, myself, have made the assumption that she "deserves better" in a previous post.  But, for all I know, none of it is true.  Goodness knows there are many terrible fundie women spewing hate upon the world via blogs and other social media. 

NONETHELESS, I cannot help but hope that this person she is marrying has, in fact, had a real conversion experience that has changed his life and his outlook.  I don't care how likely or unlikely it is; I really, truly hope that in this case it's actually true.  She is going to have enough to deal with; I hope she is not subjected to marital rape as well. 

Yes, I know it's unlikely.  I just wanted to put out in the universe that THIS internet stranger is hoping against hope that there's real (albeit not publicly acknowledged) repentance and it manifests in basic respect for his wife.

• Upvote 30

2 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I thought I read somewhere that Erin and Chad were involved in their setup. Perhaps since Erin went to that school she might have had something to do with it. Someone had to introduce him to her. 

Speculation that you read here on FJ.  It was not fact just what ifs.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Well basically, if I were a guy with a criminal record (and not just minor things, but rape!), had opportunistic or even psychopathic tendencies and heard about this story, I would definately think about joining the cult for a lovely pure wife and a comunity who admired me because I sinned in the past.

You raise some really good points.  The fundie world is perfect for a piece of shit rapist who hates women.  In the fundie world, women are only there to be servants and brood mares.  All you have to do is keep a roof over her head and supply her with money so she can buy food to feed you and any kids in your house.  You can do with her whatever you want.  Spousal rape is not a concept in this world.   If you cheat on her or do something wrong, it's all her fault because she wasn't pleasing you enough.  To be honest, I'm surprised we don't see more of these losers converting to fundamentalist religions.  It's perfect for these guys.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
Format.
  • Upvote 17

5 hours ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Did we ever find out at what point Tabitha stopped living and working with the Duggars? Was she still living/ tutoring up to wedding date? Or did that stop when she started courting the creep? Did she meet him while living with them or had she already moved back home because her brother or family were trying to set her up and marry her off?

I would guess she was still working with them through this last week, but that's just a guess based on the fact she was with them when they drove to Tennessee by way of the ark encounter.  i figure that's why they went out so early, to bring her into town to do any last minute prep for the wedding.  

• Upvote 4

@Palimpsest  Thank you for pointing that out.  I didn't realize that this claim only came from the perpetrator.  Not that it matters to rational sane people, but I'm sure that in Fundyland it does.  This guy seems like he's nothing more than a predator.  

• Upvote 13

Yup, she could be a bartender or an accountant for all we know.

of course, a stripper doesn't 'deserve' rape more than a bartender or an accountant. 

Tims an ass.

• Upvote 28

Is this still happening today or did she dump pig's blood on him at the alter and run away?

• Upvote 12

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Is this still happening today or did she dump pig's blood on him at the alter and run away?

I wish she'd do just that!

• Upvote 8

21 hours ago, justwatching said:

I agree.  I truly believe in redemption by Grace, and forgiveness.  But I wouldn't want my daughter marrying him.

I wouldn't want him walking my dog, even.

• Upvote 8

I think what is especially unsettling about this story is that we don't know how much Tabitha and the other girls/women really know about the story and the media outrage. They don't have acces to the internet and don't talk to people outside their very homogenous cirlce.

We fear for the other unmarried girls as well as the married women. The scariest thing is really that they don't have access to the most vital information, e.g. whom they are really getting married to...

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Lawson Bates posted a picture that included Duggars where he is clearly at a wedding. I am pretty sure this is happening. Normal people being horrified wasn't going to stop this fucked up fundie marriage. 

One of the things that makes this disturbing is that he is still a guy who blames women for his bad behavior. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 31

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Lawson Bates posted a picture that included Duggars where he is clearly at a wedding. I am pretty sure this is happening. Normal people being horrified wasn't going to stop this fucked up fundie marriage. 

Good find, Joseph is in the picture, too. They look like they are at a wedding.

Hey, maybe it's Joy's? Or some other person? Not Tabitha? Please??

• Upvote 4

Thebatesfam instagram have also posted a photo of Bradley Bates and Carson Paine in smart outfits - certainty looks like a wedding!

• Upvote 9