IGNORED

Tim Robertson and Tabitha Paine: April Fool's?

choralcrusader8613

God how do these people stand near him? Gross. 

Edited by Carm_88
  • Upvote 7

I'll apologize in advance for my poor taste in humor. But this thread always makes me think of this:

analrapist.jpeg

• Upvote 22

Body language is an incredible thing, at least I've always had an appreciation for it.

Particularly with instances like this, and all we have is this photo, yet it tells us so much.
Tabitha is turned away from her groom, she is turned towards her parents, who sort of stand right up next to her in a somewhat unconscious protective manner.
Tim seems tense, and Mrs.Paine has a tight smile going on there.
Erin and Chad seems the happiest to be honest, half of the smiles on people's faces don't reach their eyes, usually indicative of a fake smile.

Yes, all around a pretty miserable looking photo for your wedding day.
I feel for Tabitha, she is obviously beautiful and smart, and this is all such a shame :(

• Upvote 21

48 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

God how do these people stand near him? Gross. 

Jesus provides good lubrication for that kind of friction .... 

... and that sounded a lot dirtier than I intended.

• Upvote 23

46 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I'll apologize in advance for my poor taste in humor. But this thread always makes me think of this:

analrapist.jpeg

That really is one of the best comedies ever.

Arrested Development for those who don't know the reference.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9

8 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

Tabitha is turned away from her groom, she is turned towards her parents, who sort of stand right up next to her in a somewhat unconscious protective manner.

That's the first thing I noticed too. If I had no context, I would assume it was a lesbian wedding between Tabitha and Mrs. Paine!

• Upvote 13

The colors are dark, like there is no spark, nothing that indicates this happy occasion :( At least the bride should be happy on her big day.

• Upvote 4

I thought the picture looked odd but couldn't quite figure out why - it's the flowers! The only people with flowers in the picture are the bride, groom, and bride's mom and dad. No flowers for groomsmen or bridesmaids. I think flowers , especially for the bridesmaids, would have provided a way to make it seem happier. Right now, it could be a funeral with the exception of the white dress.

i know flowers are expensive (I just got married) but surely they could have gotten something to liven it up a little...

• Upvote 8

20 minutes ago, The limit does not exist said:

I thought the picture looked odd but couldn't quite figure out why - it's the flowers! The only people with flowers in the picture are the bride, groom, and bride's mom and dad. No flowers for groomsmen or bridesmaids. I think flowers , especially for the bridesmaids, would have provided a way to make it seem happier. Right now, it could be a funeral with the exception of the white dress.

i know flowers are expensive (I just got married) but surely they could have gotten something to liven it up a little...

I get the feeling the wedding was just thrown together last minute. You probably don't get a lot of volunteers for a rapist's wedding.

• Upvote 7

I can see Chad and Erin supporting Tabitha and Tim's union. It's like a family tradition for both of them.

• Upvote 11

I'm not sure why anyone would think Chad and Erin would be against this marriage.

• Upvote 16

I believe Erin was the matchmaker. In that scene with the Bates ladies getting pedicures, Erin pretty much called herself the family matchmaker.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I believe Erin was the matchmaker. In that scene with the Bates ladies getting pedicures, Erin pretty much called herself the family matchmaker.

Yeah, but again, we have no hard evidence of Erin setting these two up. I understand people speculate, but comments like these are then remembered as cold, hard facts several pages later and people begin jumping on the ISB

If we consistently do that, we lose a lot of credibility when real, verifiable shit happens (like the fact that Tim is an unrepentant raping rapist who rapes).

• Upvote 34

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I get the feeling the wedding was just thrown together last minute. You probably don't get a lot of volunteers for a rapist's wedding.

You never know with these people. For a lot of them it was just a normal fundie wedding. Who cares if the guy raped someone. He found JEEEEBUS afterwards.

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

You never know with these people. For a lot of them it was just a normal fundie wedding. Who cares if the guy raped someone. He found JEEEEBUS afterwards.

If it were just that easy for women...Would they let a woman who, let's say, went to jail for tax fraud, and has 3 children by 2 guys, into their cult? Hm... I doubt it....

edit because: sorry, I don't want to equal having children by several men to something illegal like tax fraud. But the point is: they probably think that the children thing is much worse...

Edited by eveandadam
  • Upvote 5

On 4/20/2017 at 5:08 AM, ophelia said:

And the woman was a slut who worked in a strip club. :rolleyes: He can be forgiven but her? Never. 

• Upvote 8

On 4/17/2017 at 8:19 PM, marmalade said:

This is just the Paines. I wonder how big her bridal party really was. And Erin wasn't in it; her dress isn't pleated, and she isn't wearing a white belt. She's just there to hold the ring-bearer. 

Horrible bridesmaid dresses. 

To be fair, she might have been offered, but didn't feel like handling any bridesmaids duties when she probably needed to coral Carson, and (possibly?) nurse Brooklyn.  Or of course maybe she wasn't asked?

• Upvote 2

Yeah, but again, we have no hard evidence of Erin setting these two up. I understand people speculate, but comments like these are then remembered as cold, hard facts several pages later and people begin jumping on the ISB
If we consistently do that, we lose a lot of credibility when real, verifiable shit happens (like the fact that Tim is an unrepentant raping rapist who rapes).

Thank you for the input, but, I stand by my post. I believe Erin was the matchmaker for Tabitha and Tim. If that makes people jump on the Idle Speculation Bus, then save a seat for me please.

Anyone heard if they have gone on a honeymoon if so where to?

I hope that Tim was given an anatomy book as a wedding present.

• Upvote 7

On 4/20/2017 at 8:47 AM, eveandadam said:

If it were just that easy for women...Would they let a woman who, let's say, went to jail for tax fraud, and has 3 children by 2 guys, into their cult? Hm... I doubt it....

edit because: sorry, I don't want to equal having children by several men to something illegal like tax fraud. But the point is: they probably think that the children thing is much worse...

During my fundie-lite days there were plenty of women who had sordid pasts that were welcome with open arms into the church, especially if they were into telling their testimony, how they found the LORD and he saved them from whatever (and if they really did have a change in lifestyle.)  The bad-girls-turned-good were WELL sought after (dates, friends, etc.) at the fundie-lite church.  I also attended (as an observer, not a participant) a hard core fundie church for a year and the "women with a past" were generally well received, although tended to date/marry less often. 

The MEN with a past, however, were full out courted by the churches.  Personally, I think this is because the churches tended to lose male church members as they became adults (went to college, got jobs, etc -- remember this is fundie lite.)  In order to keep the ladies from joining eHarmony or whatever, they had to bring the guys in. 

Of note: Almost every guy in the hardcore fundie church was a former prisoner brought into the fold from the church's prison outreach ministry.  No rapists, that I know of; mostly drug dealers.  The "bad boys" in the more mainstream, fundie-lite churches tended to have fallen away from Christianity and had sex, or drank, or something most people consider normal, often with evidence of their "bad" behavior (DUI, got someone pregnant, etc.) that made it difficult to return (in their minds) without being sought after by the church. 

Edited by Closed Womb
  • Upvote 10

21 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I hope that Tim was given an anatomy book as a wedding present.

I hope not for obvious reasons...

Pickles has posted a picture of this wedding. Looks like Erin was in the wedding party. Poor Tabitha I hope he really has changed, but without taking personal responsibility for his actions I doubt it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Still have a free arm said:

Pickles has posted a picture of this wedding. Looks like Erin was in the wedding party. Poor Tabitha I hope he really has changed, but without taking personal responsibility for his actions I doubt it.

I don't think Erin's dress matches the bridesmaid dresses. It's similar but it doesn't have the ribbon around the waist. I think the picture posted is just a Paine family picture. Although Brooklyn is missing. She may have been napping.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Still have a free arm said:

The picture Pickles posted is the exact same one that was posted on this thread on Tuesday (page before this one if you're interested in the discussion).

• Upvote 8