IGNORED

Tim Robertson and Tabitha Paine: April Fool's?

choralcrusader8613

I'm just going to put this out here.  I really hope that Tabitha is physically safe in her marriage.  Why you ask?

Tim is a raping rapist who rapes.  He blames the whole incident on other people.  A rapist is a rapist is a rapist.  I don't believe it was the only incident.  I think it was the only time he was caught

Rape is not about sex. It's about power and control.  What better way to have power and control over a woman than to marry a sheltered, fundie girl who sees marriage as her only future and whose family sees her as a dried up old maid at 30.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 16
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 2
  • Love 6

I'm not sure...I think that Tim is the type to divide women into "good girls," who are for marrying, & "bad girls,"  with whom anything goes. Or, to put it crudely, "you don't crap where you eat." I think he's more likely to play Mr. Born-Again Christian at home, but do his dirty work out in the real world. Which is disturbing, considering he works on a college campus full of vulnerable young women. ETA: he probably wouldn't do anything bad there, either. He'll hit the bars or pick up women walking alone. You know, the ones who are "asking for it." :my_angry:

Edited by FeministShrew
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

I'm not sure...I think that Tim is the type to divide women into "good girls," who are for marrying, & "bad girls,"  with whom anything goes. Or, to put it crudely, "you don't crap where you eat." I think he's more likely to play Mr. Born-Again Christian at home, but do his dirty work out in the real world. 

A lot like Josh Duggar. That's what that reminds me of. He was all family on the surface and was cheating on Anna. Which is disgusting, but not shocking in these so called "Christian" marriages. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On 9/18/2017 at 4:08 PM, Palimpsest said:

Didn't his mother vociferously defend her innocent lamb, or am I confusing Timothy with someone else?

I remember seeing that too, and thinking that she - alone - was ample reason for Tabitha to not go through with it.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

A lot like Josh Duggar. That's what that reminds me of. He was all family on the surface and was cheating on Anna. Which is disgusting, but not shocking in these so called "Christian" marriages. 

"Family on the surface" needs to be a new thread title for the next M parent thread (poor Anna).  Also I would just like to put it out there that I called the name Mason along with a number of other FJ peeps even though it's quite a popular name these days.  Funny story... my bff from grade school, French Immersion grade 1 to high school, named her first born son Mason because he was born in a precipitous labor on her upstairs landing at home, with paramedics arriving just on time.  Maison = French for house and of course there are brick masons.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

On 05/10/2017 at 4:13 PM, pook said:

"Family on the surface" needs to be a new thread title for the next M parent thread (poor Anna).  Also I would just like to put it out there that I called the name Mason along with a number of other FJ peeps even though it's quite a popular name these days.  Funny story... my bff from grade school, French Immersion grade 1 to high school, named her first born son Mason because he was born in a precipitous labor on her upstairs landing at home, with paramedics arriving just on time.  Maison = French for house and of course there are brick masons.

This to me sounds like such a convoluted justification for choosing the name Mason.   Her son is born on a landing, so she names him something that looks like - but sounds nothing like - the French word for "house" misspelled? 

There's nothing wrong with simply liking a very common name.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2017 at 10:57 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Tim is a raping rapist who rapes.  He blames the whole incident on other people.  A rapist is a rapist is a rapist.  I don't believe it was the only incident.  I think it was the only time he was caught

Rape is not about sex. It's about power and control.  What better way to have power and control over a woman than to marry a sheltered, fundie girl who sees marriage as her only future and whose family sees her as a dried up old maid at 30.

Out of all the squicky type fundie marriages we have discussed on this board, I find this one goes beyond squicky and into the sick category for this reason.  Tim has a history that should have been an absolute dealbreaker as far as marriage is concerned.  He raped someone and blames others.  Has not taken responsibility IMHO and now he has married someone totally sheltered and naive, whom he can have complete control over.  Hopefully things are truly OK for Tabitha, but I just want to scream at her parents: what in hell were you thinking? 

Yes, it's ridiculous to think that fundie and other types of overcontrolling parents should have this amount of control over their adult children but hey, if in your particular world, it's a parents' responsibility then if that parent(s) makes a stupid choice about their daughter's husband (looking at you Pa Keller, in particular) then it is, to some extent, that parent's culpability if things go wrong.   And Tabitha's parents (or rather, father) had a huge red flag in front of them.

Edited by nokidsmom
Riffle
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 10/8/2017 at 10:07 AM, nokidsmom said:

Out of all the squicky type fundie marriages we have discussed on this board, I find this one goes beyond squicky and into the sick category for this reason.  Tim has a history that should have been an absolute dealbreaker as far as marriage is concerned.  He raped someone and blames others.  Has not taken responsibility IMHO and now he has married someone totally sheltered and naive, whom he can have complete control over.  Hopefully things are truly OK for Tabitha, but I just want to scream at her parents: what in hell were you thinking? 

Yes, it's ridiculous to think that fundie and other types of overcontrolling parents should have this amount of control over their adult children but hey, if in your particular world, it's a parents' responsibility then if that parent(s) makes a stupid choice about their daughter's husband (looking at you Pa Keller, in particular) then it is, to some extent, that parent's culpability if things go wrong.   And Tabitha's parents (or rather, father) had a huge red flag in front of them.

Same religious bullshit as Steven Sitler and the poor fundie girl who was given to him. After conviction. When everyone knew what he is. 

I agree that in these situations the parents are culpable. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

• 2 months later...

I honestly hope that no children will be born into this family. Can you imagine Tim raising young girls for example and 'guiding' them in 'finding the right spouse'? 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I honestly hope that no children will be born into this family. Can you imagine Tim raising young girls for example and 'guiding' them in 'finding the right spouse'? 

:my_sick:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

23 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I hope they stay childless, too. To imagine that he raises girls makes me puke, but the thought of Tim raising boys and passing on his stance towards woman is really scary IMHO.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

I hope they stay childless, too. To imagine that he raises girls makes me puke, but the thought of Tim raising boys and passing on his stance towards woman is really scary IMHO.

To be childless will mean 1. sin; 2. no sex; 3 some biological problem.  Or all three.

• Sad 1

While on the topic of things that make us use bleach (cleaning), ahem....has anyone come across and update on Chad's sister Tabitha and her icky rape-denying hubby???

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

No update :-(. I think we'd have to rely on pictures that are shot with them by chance and which we see on the Paines social media or other friends, like the Duggars and the Bates. After the shitstorm that was caused by their wedding they know how to stay off the internet!

Still hoping Tabitha is in good health and that Tim has changed his ways and treats her well.

Kids? Probably! And announce via social media by the Paines with just a short sentence like "See our newest addition to the family". They've not even been married for a year but it feels like an eternity...

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I could have sworn they had their second anniversary coming up.  But I checked back, and you're right. It does seem like an eternity.  I wonder what it feels like to her.

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Hold up!! So Crown hired a rapist?! 

Affirmative. As a security guard. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

On 10/5/2017 at 8:08 PM, catlady said:

Mason is a nice name, but it makes me think "mason jars."

or Perry Mason.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I still can't believe they married Tabitha off to him. So what if she was in her thirties? She is so pretty and did not deserve this man. If I was a fundie parent, I'd rather have my daughter never marry than marry someone like this. Obviously, she was coerced into it by her father, Dr. Paine. This has to be the most depressing match in fundie land.

I wish Tabitha had taken the Homeschool Director job at Temple Academy that is affiliated with Crown College BEFORE marrying Tim so that she could have had more opportunities to meet someone else.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Even women who are not "so pretty" deserve to marry non-rapists of their choosing.  

I can only hope she feels a real connection with him and that he has realized his errors.  I have true empathy for Tabitha, and really all women who start aging out of the marriage and family game, when marrage and family is their desire (aging out as defined by their culture, fundie to secular.)  

10 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I still can't believe they married Tabitha off to him. So what if she was in her thirties? She is so pretty and did not deserve this man. If I was a fundie parent, I'd rather have my daughter never marry than marry someone like this. Obviously, she was coerced into it by her father, Dr. Paine. This has to be the most depressing match in fundie land.

I wish Tabitha had taken the Homeschool Director job at Temple Academy that is affiliated with Crown College BEFORE marrying Tim so that she could have had more opportunities to meet someone else.

Edited by Closed Womb
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 1/6/2018 at 7:52 PM, JessaBlessa said:

I could have sworn they had their second anniversary coming up.  But I checked back, and you're right. It does seem like an eternity.  I wonder what it feels like to her.

My thoughts exactly--I hope it doesn't feel like that to her. And, if he has given up the previous lifestyle I suppose there is no reason to think he would behave like that again.  Still..... squiggs me out