IGNORED

Dillards 27 - Allergies, Fever, and the Dangers of Being a White Baby

choralcrusader8613

This is why I use the English Standard Version. It's much easier to read and comprehend.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/10/2017 at 9:37 PM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

My own mother is like this. 

She's a great mother and a great grandmother to her own offspring, but she isn't really a "kid person" outside of us and that;s completely OK. You can be a good grand/mother without being the 'kid' type. A lot of people who knew her were surprised how good she was with us because "she's not the kid type AT ALL". And now she's in her 50s and she still isn't the 'other people's kids' type. 

My own parents are awesome, but I was the first baby either of them had ever held! Somehow, they figured it out and raised me and my two brothers just fine despite not being kid people either. Love your own kids, tolerate all others (or curse them in your head, whatever).

I have a friend who just returned from a 10 day mission trip to Haiti. I'd wish Jill & Derek would take note. This was on the note I received from my friend (it went out to anyone who made a donation).

"We were given a list of jobs, we completed the following:

Re-incarnating the playground

40 tonnes of gravel for the girls yard

Install screening on the windows to keep the bugs out

Build and install shelves and cabinets

Get the plumbing going again

Fix some electrical issues

Paint the walls at the boys residence

Cleaned out existing storage room in boys orphanage Built 6 bunk beds so each boy could have his own bed (there were 18 boys sleeping in 9 single beds)

Purchased all new mattresses and extra bedding A new apartment size freezer was purchased for the boys home Also a TV was purchased for the boys home as well."

My friend isn't an fundie at all ( our church United Church of Canada) is very progressive. She and her husband are farmers and like to give back. They enjoyed their trip very much, and they worked very hard while they were there to make the orphanage a better place for the children.

This is what mission and service is really about.

I could possibly imagine the old pre-Duggar Derrick doing something along those lines.

The new D-wreck version? No. He has been thoroughly Duggarised. Not sure if the process is reversible.

"Drinking the Koolaid" is actually a reference to Jonestown. 

19 hours ago, patsymae said:

Miserable Salvadorans marching to the SOS mission house to beg for crayons

turismo+olocuilta+2.jpg

How do I get to be that miserable? I feel like I would have a much better time than Jill and Jebus ever could ... :P

32 minutes ago, Inky said:

I have a friend who just returned from a 10 day mission trip to Haiti. I'd wish Jill & Derek would take note. This was on the note I received from my friend (it went out to anyone who made a donation).

"We were given a list of jobs, we completed the following:

Re-incarnating the playground

40 tonnes of gravel for the girls yard

Install screening on the windows to keep the bugs out

Build and install shelves and cabinets

Get the plumbing going again

Fix some electrical issues

Paint the walls at the boys residence

Cleaned out existing storage room in boys orphanage Built 6 bunk beds so each boy could have his own bed (there were 18 boys sleeping in 9 single beds)

Purchased all new mattresses and extra bedding A new apartment size freezer was purchased for the boys home Also a TV was purchased for the boys home as well."

My friend isn't an fundie at all ( our church United Church of Canada) is very progressive. She and her husband are farmers and like to give back. They enjoyed their trip very much, and they worked very hard while they were there to make the orphanage a better place for the children.

This is what mission and service is really about.

Exactly is what you expect someone to do on a mission.  We have a local doctor take seniors interested in medicine go with him to Africa to assist in providing medical treatment.  He puts the boys to work the entire time with project after project.   The boys come back raving about the experience.

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

My own parents are awesome, but I was the first baby either of them had ever held! Somehow, they figured it out and raised me and my two brothers just fine despite not being kid people either. Love your own kids, tolerate all others (or curse them in your head, whatever).

Tell that to Teri Maxwell.

19 minutes ago, purjolok84 said:

How do I get to be that miserable? I feel like I would have a much better time than Jill and Jebus ever could ... :P

I wish the picture has posted as well, but I can't see how fundie Christianity with its strain of Puritanicalism could ever be the least bit attractive to those in Central and South America.  

12 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I wish the picture has posted as well, but I can't see how fundie Christianity with its strain of Puritanicalism could ever be the least bit attractive to those in Central and South America.  

I can see it now - 'I've been saved! I believe in everything I ever did, but I'm going to become far more strict and traditional while wearing my hair in one hideous style and throwing out all my pants. I'll also be judging you and everyone else in our culture from afar, unless you become like me, because you're no longer godly, with your spicy food and your fun.'

Because there is nothing blander than fundie Christianity.

3 hours ago, snickerz said:

"Drinking the Koolaid" is actually a reference to Jonestown. 

Fun fact - my congressional representative was shot as part of the Jonestown massacre.  

This morning, I was thinking about Jill. Per her beliefs, her goal beyond Jesus is being joyfully available in an effort to birth more soldiers for her cause. She seemed so excited about Izzy's impending birth. What has happened this time around? What will she be like with pregnancy #10? I hope she is documenting, planning, nesting and is privately as excitedly anticipating Dillard Duggar Boy #2 as she and Derrick were for Izzy. If not, how incredibly sad for all concerned.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

This morning, I was thinking about Jill. Per her beliefs, her goal beyond Jesus is being joyfully available in an effort to birth more soldiers for her cause. She seemed so excited about Izzy's impending birth. What has happened this time around? What will she be like with pregnancy #10? I hope she is documenting, planning, nesting and is privately as excitedly anticipating Dillard Duggar Boy #2 as she and Derrick were for Izzy. If not, how incredibly sad for all concerned.

I agree she just seems so sad and checked out this time around. I think what hope she had for her marriage and family just isn't there now. Her missionary dreams have been shattered. Her marriage isn't what she thought it would be. She was the golden child that was supposed to have the "perfect" marriage like her parents. The problem is that Derrick never got the memo and he seems to have failed to live up to her hopes and dreams.  Honestly, he seems to have failed to live up to any standards other than selfish stupidity. Now Jill is stuck in a place that makes her unhappy with all the shower rack attacks. What does Jill have to be happy about?

Well, I don't know when Jilly and Dilly are planning to return to birth their baby, but I do hope she knows where the nearest hospital is in SCA near them in case she goes into labor early, not that she will. They are idiots after her first delivery  not to be totally prepared. You only get one chance at a safe delivery per pregnancy. Pisses me off. 

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

I agree she just seems so sad and checked out this time around. I think what hope she had for her marriage and family just isn't there now. Her missionary dreams have been shattered. Her marriage isn't what she thought it would be. She was the golden child that was supposed to have the "perfect" marriage like her parents. The problem is that Derrick never got the memo and he seems to have failed to live up to her hopes and dreams.  Honestly, he seems to have failed to live up to any standards other than selfish stupidity. Now Jill is stuck in a place that makes her unhappy with all the shower rack attacks. What does Jill have to be happy about?

I remember remarking that I actually miss her chalkboard and progress pics. :/ I get being less into that kinda stuff with baby #2 and I don't expect Jill (or anyone) to be as showy, but she seems kinda melancholy. Not hyping everything up is out of character for her. I'd at least expect to see some more updates about CA; the lack thereof suggests to me that the trip may not be going well.

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

She was the golden child that was supposed to have the "perfect" marriage like her parents.

Her parents were initially on birth control and had four years alone as a couple before having kids. I don't understand how they could have experienced that valuable alone time, time spent establishing the foundation of their marriage, and then expect/guilt their children into forfeiting it, and instead to start breeding immediately. It's so counter intuitive. I'm not sure why this upsets me as much as it does, but it really grates on me as being mean and unfair. Especially in Jill's case since mission-cation was "on her heart," or whatever the frack. Too late now. 

23 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Her parents were initially on birth control and had four years alone as a couple before having kids. I don't understand how they could have experienced that valuable alone time, time spent establishing the foundation of their marriage, and then expect/guilt their children into forfeiting it, and instead to start breeding immediately. It's so counter intuitive. I'm not sure why this upsets me as much as it does, but it really grates on me as being mean and unfair. Especially in Jill's case since mission-cation was "on her heart," or whatever the frack. Too late now. 

Right up there with withholding real education and any real opportunities to develop self interests or independent experiences.

JB/M purposely put their kids at a disadvantage in life. How sad is that? It is intentional neglect (also known as emotional abuse), IMO.

42 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Her parents were initially on birth control and had four years alone as a couple before having kids. I don't understand how they could have experienced that valuable alone time, time spent establishing the foundation of their marriage, and then expect/guilt their children into forfeiting it, and instead to start breeding immediately. It's so counter intuitive. I'm not sure why this upsets me as much as it does, but it really grates on me as being mean and unfair. 

Just like how JB and Michelle went to public school, participated in extracurricular activities, held a job outside the home (ice cream shop for JB, not sure about Michelle but still), and dated. Funny how the rules didn't apply to them. 

14 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Fun fact - my congressional representative was shot as part of the Jonestown massacre.  

Wow. :pb_eek:

Additional nerd fact: they actually used Fruit Aid packets to make the poison mixture, not Kool Aid (but nevertheless, the Kool Aid reference is a reference to the Jonestown massacre). 

1 hour ago, Stormy said:

I remember remarking that I actually miss her chalkboard and progress pics. :/ I get being less into that kinda stuff with baby #2 and I don't expect Jill (or anyone) to be as showy, but she seems kinda melancholy. Not hyping everything up is out of character for her. I'd at least expect to see some more updates about CA; the lack thereof suggests to me that the trip may not be going well.

I was just thinking about that the other day...I miss her chalkboard pics too. I mean, once a week might be a bit much, but a few updates here and there would be reassuring. I really miss seeing how excited and happy Jill was while pregnant with Israel. Now it seems like the only updates we get are (thinly disguised) complaints...Jill is sad, Jill doesn't feel well, Derick has whatever tf is wrong with him, Izzy is difficult, the mission field is difficult, life is difficult, etc etc etc. I agree that for all their faults, Michelle and JB seem to be a genuinely happy and well-matched couple. I'm sure Jill expected a similar marriage. :(

I have a question about the houses the Dillards have lived in. When they came home from CA the first time, Jana and Joy and company got a McMansion type house ready for the Dillards.  It looked WEIRDLY like the house where JIll had that get together with the mothers she had done midwifery for. In particular, the living room looked very similar. Is this just a case of similar floorplans or did the Duggars buy that house?

3 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I have a question about the houses the Dillards have lived in. When they came home from CA the first time, Jana and Joy and company got a McMansion type house ready for the Dillards.  It looked WEIRDLY like the house where JIll had that get together with the mothers she had done midwifery for. In particular, the living room looked very similar. Is this just a case of similar floorplans or did the Duggars buy that house?

Correct on all accounts. Now, we just call it the Pool House.

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

Correct on all accounts. Now, we just call it the Pool House.

REEEEEALLLLLLLLY?! Wow. That's...something. 

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Wow. :pb_eek:

Additional nerd fact: they actually used Fruit Aid packets to make the poison mixture, not Kool Aid (but nevertheless, the Kool Aid reference is a reference to the Jonestown massacre). 

What they used at Jonestown was Flav -R-Aid .  If it's the Aunt Wick's Flav-R-Aid I had when I was a kid, it's terrble.  Cheap and weak with undissolved bit of Fav-R-Aid powder in the cup.  It is truly vile even without cyanide.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived