IGNORED

Seewalds 19: Dust Bunnies and Babies

Destiny

2 hours ago, unicorncastle said:

I legit cried for like a day about that. I'm optimistic about where it's going but I didn't see why that needed to happen.

I'm still recovering if I'll be honest. The acting Gina Rodriguez did for that scene was incredible

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

If you're into GoT, I can assume readily that you're cool with a bit of darkness and morbidity; if so, I really recommend BoJack Horseman for comedy. It's basically what would happen if Zootopia were a dark satire on Hollywood. Will Arnett and Aaron Paul are amazing on it, and it's one of those rare shows that can make me laugh one second and cry the next.

Love dark shows, I'll watch and let you know if I liked it! Love me some Will Arnett <3

On 3/9/2017 at 11:37 PM, PennySycamore said:

I wish I could remember where I read this (How to be a Jewish Mother perhaps) but it said that all babies look like Winston Churchill at first.

Grace Kelly said all babies looked like either Ghandi or Winston Churchill.

The shows I'm hooked on are Game of Thrones, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Orphan Black, Jessica Jones, Stranger Things, and How To Get Away with Murder. Although this season of HTGAWM has not measured up to previous ones, in my opinion.

Chicago Med/Fire/Police/ Justice, all by Dick Wolf of the Law and Order franchise. Good shows. I love teevee, lots of others on my dvr list. Looking at My Big Fat Fabulous life right now. I love the Walking Dead, but absolutely cannot watch sexual, child, or animal abuse. Not entertaining in the least to me.

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I'm still recovering if I'll be honest. The acting Gina Rodriguez did for that scene was incredible

Yesss. If I think about that scene, it'll still make me cry. The way she portrayed it made ME feel like I was the one who just heard the news. I love, love, love, her as an actress. Her and Viola Davis. They really know how to cut straight to the heart. 

7 hours ago, jacduggar said:

I also have a lot of dislike for MB as a person. When they first introduced Amy as a character I actually adored the relationship because she was like Sheldon at first, and I thought it was going into "there is someone out there for everyone" and I loved that. However somewhere along the line she turned into a horny teenager who consistently pushes Sheldon's boundaries and won't let up until he does what she wants, and now I'm like nah. I loved the idea of an asexual mutual companionship on the show, but they turned Amy into the worst kind of girlfriend and it's obnoxious. 

I hate listening to MB in interviews because she always says "I'm a neruoscientist!" Girl, no you're not. You got a degree, but you do not actively study it, you have not published any papers on it. You're an actress. 

I haven't seen anyone mention Schitt's Creek yet. It's so funny, definitely one of my favorite shows right now. I missed the pilot episode, but I'm excited to watch Feud: Betty & Joan. 

9 hours ago, BadMammaJana said:

I haven't seen anyone mention Schitt's Creek yet. It's so funny, definitely one of my favorite shows right now. I missed the pilot episode, but I'm excited to watch Feud: Betty & Joan. 

Schitt's Creek is one of my favourite shows as well. It's on Netflix (here in Canada), if you wanted to catch the pilot.  I like all of the characters, but I love Alexis.

Being that it's March, my fav TV show right now is Caribbean Life on HGTV.  I dream of short sleeves and shorts as well, Jinger.

I'll jump in on this thread drift.

My current favorites are The Librarians, Designated Survivor, Elementary, Last Man on Earth, Agents of Shield, The Flash, Last Ship (Holy cow, what a show!), and Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen. Don't know what that says about me- I see I have some in common with more folks, but most of my shows are unique. 

I could never get into Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Homeland... anything heavy on violence, rape, gore and general misery I guess. I used to like House of Cards because it was so ridiculous it was basically a comedy, but I feel like it started taking itself too seriously and now it's gone off the rails.

My favourite show of all time is The Office. I've watched every episode at least 5 times. Runner up would be Sherlock (minus the latest season. No comment). I also love Parks & Rec, Fringe, and The Good Wife. Twin Peaks appeals to my love of all things weird, creepy, melodramatic and absurd. Heroes used to be my absolute favourite and I faithfully watched every season, even though it was most definitely all downhill after season 1 (though I'd argue that season 3 was objectively worse but more entertaining).

I used to love Most Haunted and Ghosthunters. Most Haunted for the hilarious drama and interesting historical locations, Ghosthunters for the interesting historical locations and rational explanations for supposed paranormal phenomena. Destination Truth was another great one in the same category, just hunting for monsters rather than ghosts. Cool travel locations, plus the host Josh Gates is very nice to look at himself, haha. Also the show is intentionally funny.

Mantracker is (was?) an awesome Canadian show where two people try to evade two trackers on horses through the wilderness. Highly entertaining. The best Canadian show ever might be Trailer Park Boys, though. I can't even describe it, just watch it. Hilarious.

I also love anything in the true crime genre, like a Forensic Files.

I loved The Crown and Stranger Things and can't wait for the next seasons of both!

Damn. I never realized I had so many opinions on TV shows until I started writing this comment!

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I could never get into Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Homeland... anything heavy on violence, rape, gore and general misery I guess. I used to like House of Cards because it was so ridiculous it was basically a comedy, but I feel like it started taking itself too seriously and now it's gone off the rails.

My favourite show of all time is The Office. I've watched every episode at least 5 times. Runner up would be Sherlock (minus the latest season. No comment). I also love Parks & Rec, Fringe, and The Good Wife. Twin Peaks appeals to my love of all things weird, creepy, melodramatic and absurd. Heroes used to be my absolute favourite and I faithfully watched every season, even though it was most definitely all downhill after season 1 (though I'd argue that season 3 was objectively worse but more entertaining).

I used to love Most Haunted and Ghosthunters. Most Haunted for the hilarious drama and interesting historical locations, Ghosthunters for the interesting historical locations and rational explanations for supposed paranormal phenomena. Destination Truth was another great one in the same category, just hunting for monsters rather than ghosts. Cool travel locations, plus the host Josh Gates is very nice to look at himself, haha. Also the show is intentionally funny.

Mantracker is (was?) an awesome Canadian show where two people try to evade two trackers on horses through the wilderness. Highly entertaining. The best Canadian show ever might be Trailer Park Boys, though. I can't even describe it, just watch it. Hilarious.

I also love anything in the true crime genre, like a Forensic Files.

I loved The Crown and Stranger Things and can't wait for the next seasons of both!

Damn. I never realized I had so many opinions on TV shows until I started writing this comment!

I'm a huge Josh Gates/Expedition Unknown/Destination Truth fan.

Also watch Ghosthunters, and Ghost Adventures, but that's for Zac Bagans craziness more than anything else.  Also loved Twin Peaks.

So glad I'm not the only Josh Gates fan here! I remember back when he announced his marriage on Facebook, the top comment was some girl saying, "You were supposed to marry ME, you dick." I think she spoke for us all.

11 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I'm a huge Josh Gates/Expedition Unknown/Destination Truth fan.

Also watch Ghosthunters, and Ghost Adventures, but that's for Zac Bagans craziness more than anything else.  Also loved Twin Peaks.

Yes! I haven't watched it in a while, but my husband and I were really into Ghost Adventures for that reason. He's such a tool! I loved how he would taunt the ghosts by calling them ugly, and would always send Aaron to the scariest rooms. "Oh this is where terrible things happened to children? Alright, Aaron you're in this room." Then he would get pissed if Aaron wanted to leave if things got too intense, but one time something "touched" Zac and he was the only one allowed to come screaming out the designated room. 

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I'll jump in on this thread drift.

My current favorites are The Librarians, Designated Survivor, Elementary, Last Man on Earth, Agents of Shield, The Flash, Last Ship (Holy cow, what a show!), and Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen. Don't know what that says about me- I see I have some in common with more folks, but most of my shows are unique. 

I love Top Chef, but hate that my favorites never win. I also hate that Top Chef made Richard Blais a thing. Sorry if you like him, but I just can't with his ego. I also feel like his critiques are rarely constructive, as if he thinks critiques are meant to be insults.

I haven't watched Top Chef in years, but when I did I loved it. I think the last season I watched was the one where Richard won. I agree with you on his ego. I think it gets in his way.

59 minutes ago, BadMammaJana said:

I love Top Chef, but hate that my favorites never win. I also hate that Top Chef made Richard Blais a thing. Sorry if you like him, but I just can't with his ego. I also feel like his critiques are rarely constructive, as if he thinks critiques are meant to be insults.

Don't worry - I'm not a Richard Blais fan. I enjoy learning about the food and have really enjoyed the later seasons, where their cooking has to interact with their location.

I'm seeing a lot of criticism of The Big Bang Theory which is too bad. My husband and I loved How I Met Your Mother and have been trying to find a similar comedy to watch together, so we were gonna try TBBT. Of course, HIMYM let us down badly at the end, to the point that we've watched all the other episodes multiple times but my husband refuses to rewatch the final season. So I don't want to watch another show that starts good and ends up as a suckfest lol.

50 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I'm seeing a lot of criticism of The Big Bang Theory which is too bad. My husband and I loved How I Met Your Mother and have been trying to find a similar comedy to watch together, so we were gonna try TBBT. Of course, HIMYM let us down badly at the end, to the point that we've watched all the other episodes multiple times but my husband refuses to rewatch the final season. So I don't want to watch another show that starts good and ends up as a suckfest lol.

You could always watch the first 5-6 seasons, then stop. It's not like they have many ongoing stories.  As far as comedies go, Veep is the funniest one on TV right now for me. Modern Family, and Silicon Valley are funny too, but Veep is the best. 

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

HIMYM let us down badly at the end, to the point that we've watched all the other episodes multiple times but my husband refuses to rewatch the final season.

I feel this so badly! Though I can watch the season up until like the last 4 episodes. I couldn't tell you how many times I have also watched all of the other ones! 

22 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You could always watch the first 5-6 seasons, then stop. It's not like they have many ongoing stories.  As far as comedies go, Veep is the funniest one on TV right now for me. Modern Family, and Silicon Valley are funny too, but Veep is the best. 

I wanna get into Veep because I ADORE Julia Louis Dreyfus, I think I'll give it a try.

I forgot that I watch Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, it's HILARIOUS and I love Titus so much:pb_lol: I used to watch The Office that's why I tried with this one and loved it (Ellie Kemper is the best). About HIMYM apparently I'm the only one who loved the end because I'm not a fan of Barney and Robin together:pb_rollseyes:

I loved HIMYM but most of my criticism lies in how it was orchestrated.

Spoiler

I hated how they built one plot line up to distroy it in something like 20 minutes. There was no time to rationalize or mourn if you will. I do like the very end because it does tie everything up. 

The only episode I can't bring myself to watch is "Bad News" and the one right after it.

The most recent season of Top Chef ended a couple of weeks ago.  I was looking forward to it as it was shot in Charleston, SC, but I didn't like how it was comprised of both newcomers and returning cheftestants.  One early challenge divided them into rookies and returnees.  Naturally, the returnees won.  I felt they had an unfair advantage.  I thought this season sucked.  The last rookie was eliminated with about 4 or 5 shows left in the season and naturally Brooke Williamson won.  I don't mind Brooke, but I'd rather Shirley have won.  Or Sheldon.  At least that insufferable John Tesar was not in the final three.  That guy got on my nerves every damn time he was on the screen.  

@HarleyQuinn, glad to see another Silicon Valley fan here!

Hmmm tv shows! I love The Crown, Stranger Things, Sherlock, Grimm (Just for the Folklore aspect, I'm a nerd), some Doctor Who, I do watch Chopped because I like background noise. I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer even though it's 20 years old and got a little weird. I used to like TBBT and HIMYM but they just, disappointed me.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived