IGNORED

Seewalds 19: Dust Bunnies and Babies

Destiny

Nothing else to do, slow news day in Duggarville. Why not talk about how ugly a month-old baby is and diagnose him with jaundice for good measure?

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Henry! He's only a month old, give him time to get cute. He might be the sweetest baby. :P

13 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

After his stunt with Taylor Swift (on top of his fame whoreness that I always excused) Hiddleston is near repulsive to me now. It's so weird how that happened.

He was in The Night Manager last year with another one of my celebrity husbands (Hugh Laurie), & he was good in it. And I do like him as Loki.

Not that I really pay attention to such things that much anymore, you've roused my curiosity. What exactly did he do to Taylor Swift? I know I saw pictures of the two of them schmoozing/making out on the beach, but that's all I remember. Was it for a publicity stunt, or did he really mess with her head?

1 hour ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

He was in The Night Manager last year with another one of my celebrity husbands (Hugh Laurie), & he was good in it. And I do like him as Loki.

Not that I really pay attention to such things that much anymore, you've roused my curiosity. What exactly did he do to Taylor Swift? I know I saw pictures of the two of them schmoozing/making out on the beach, but that's all I remember. Was it for a publicity stunt, or did he really mess with her head?

He acted to shamelessly embarrassing.

Mind you, his famewhoreness started before that. I was a huge fan of his after Thor, and he really milked the attention he was getting on the Avengers press tour. He was liking tweets that spoke positively about him, even though they weren't tagged. So he was going through Twitter and searching his name. He also gave a few thinly veiled jabs at other stars that he claims were "supposed to be big"

The showmance (I never believed this was a real romance) was just a cringe fest. Wearing the "I Heart T Swift" t shirt (then saying he did it so the sun wouldn't get on a cut of his. lol ) the cheesy staged photo ops. It's like he let Taylor completely mold him. 

Then when he won a Golden Globe for The Night Manager he turned his acceptance speech into a white savior story of his and really the whole thing rubbed me the wrong way.

Now I think he's kind of pathetic, and yes I'm aware of how weird this all sounds. 

On 3/9/2017 at 4:35 PM, VineHeart137 said:

I don't think he looks that much like Spurgeon either, but I do see some Duggar genes shining through. Henry might end up looking more like Ben than Spurgeon.

Henry looks terrified.

22 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Little Hash Brown is half Ben and half Jim Bob, which sounds bloody awful, but it isn't. He's cute. Spud has a more feminine, porcelain doll look. He's a pretty child and looks like Jessa. Hash Brown has a ruggedly handsome face. I'm not just saying that because of the rash. He has more of a lantern shape face, as opposed to Spud's heart shaped face. They don't look alike to me except a little bit of the monkey lip and the cheek folds next to the nose, which are both very Duggar-y. 

I totally agree with this, like spot on.  Spurge looks so much like Jessa, its almost uncanny!  I do think that baby Henry is going to look a lot like Ben, minus the nose and the lip, (definitely Duggar) as you mentioned. but he still has a bit of the newborn wrinkly look from what I have seen, and I'm sure in a few months we will be able to tell more of whose features he has, etc.  I guess we'll see though!

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He acted to shamelessly embarrassing.

Mind you, his famewhoreness started before that. I was a huge fan of his after Thor, and he really milked the attention he was getting on the Avengers press tour. He was liking tweets that spoke positively about him, even though they weren't tagged. So he was going through Twitter and searching his name. He also gave a few thinly veiled jabs at other stars that he claims were "supposed to be big"

The showmance (I never believed this was a real romance) was just a cringe fest. Wearing the "I Heart T Swift" t shirt (then saying he did it so the sun wouldn't get on a cut of his. lol ) the cheesy staged photo ops. It's like he let Taylor completely mold him. 

Then when he won a Golden Globe for The Night Manager he turned his acceptance speech into a white savior story of his and really the whole thing rubbed me the wrong way.

Now I think he's kind of pathetic, and yes I'm aware of how weird this all sounds. 

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. 

1 hour ago, nst said:

Brilliant PR move Jessa :D

but the videos of Spud are adorable 

there are more where he speaks to the camera 

I'm #BlessaBlocked. Are the pictures taken at the TTH or their own front yard? 

57 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I'm #BlessaBlocked. Are the pictures taken at the TTH or their own front yard? 

the video of spud running around in snow is I think at Jessa's house because the area looks like where she was when she was in labour with Spud 

and the videos of Spud are inside jessa's house as well.  And the photo must be also at their house 

Wow, not hanging at the Big House! I wonder if Henry is a harder baby than Spurge, so they're not going out as much. Ben has looked like crap in those last few videos, and even Jessa made one without makeup or curled hair! 

My youngest child was seriously the ugliest baby ever born. His forehead and my tailbone met on his way out, he needed a haircut at birth and had the biggest eyes I'd ever seen. He looked like a cross between ET and a Klingon. He didn't get cute until he was about a year old and I buzzed all his hair off. 

Jessa got seriously lucky with Spurgeon, so if Henry is more difficult...that wouldn't be shocking. I dont think you can get more laid back than Spurgeon. 

TBH I didn't think Elliot was all that cute for his first month. He looked like a balding old man like most newborns.

Here's a side by side of the boys from around the same age but Elliot not smiling:

elliot.png

I still think they look pretty similar but Henry as a less blocky head / different face shape, which I assume comes from Ben.

I'm also sure that once Henry starts smiling he'll be just as cute as his brother.

jessa dropped the mic on someone today on her instagram because they asked why she was videotaping Ben while he was videotaping Spurge

It's likely Ben wasn't aware I was videoing the two of them as I was inside the house with Henry, shooting this through a window. But I wouldn't say that Ben was at all "oblivious to his surroundings"... quite the opposite! He's was taking them all in as he captured the precious moments of his baby boy enjoying snow for the first time! 
However, if he were instead on social media obsessing over someone else's life and missing out on this moment, that'd be sad. I love your statement, "put your phones down people and enjoy life through your own eyes!" We should all focus more on enjoying the beautiful lives God has given us! 

The comment Jessa made.

8 minutes ago, ginger135 said:

It's likely Ben wasn't aware I was videoing the two of them as I was inside the house with Henry, shooting this through a window. But I wouldn't say that Ben was at all "oblivious to his surroundings"... quite the opposite! He's was taking them all in as he captured the precious moments of his baby boy enjoying snow for the first time! 
However, if he were instead on social media obsessing over someone else's life and missing out on this moment, that'd be sad. I love your statement, "put your phones down people and enjoy life through your own eyes!" We should all focus more on enjoying the beautiful lives God has given us! 

The comment Jessa made.

I have an instagram feed of a lot of famous celebrities and regular folks - Jessa is the only one who gets like 100k likes or more each time.  That is her power and she knows it.  

I think it is hilarious that she points out that if ben was obsessing over social media it would be different.  Her little speech about God is ten times better than what Ben ever says in a his holier than speeches.   But still the fact that she drops the mic yet still comes across halfway decent opposed to her husband is interesting. 

As for Ben videotaping Spud up close - that is sweet - and Jessa inside with Henry videotaping him...she I am sure made him go out side and do that.   And then she wants people to comment on it - because what is the point of posting it - it's a sweet video 

i keep remembering on their honeymoon - they were doing a TH and they said ministry that is the goal of where we are leading.... this was Ben speaking but Jessa was like nodding her head...I think Jessa knows what people want to hear and see and while Ben is studying it he can't grasp it.  Ben no matter how much he tries can't seem to make the jump to appear authentic perhaps it's because what he truly believes....not that Jessa doesn't have her awful beliefs but she seems to cover it up a touch  more. 

Jessa throwing shade, lol. I love it. Seriously though, the comment she was responding to was ridiculous. What is there to hate about a dad capturing his toddler's first experience in the snow on camera? Before iPhones it was camcorders. That's going to be a nice memory they can all revisit in the future. I know I'm glad my family got lots of stuff from my and my sister's childhood on tape. 

I think Henry is going to have blonde hair instead of brown like Spurgeon. Weird to think that siblings can have such different colored hair, but I have a friend with three children, and they all came out with blonde, brown and red hair. Are there any red heads in the duggar family? 

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Jessa throwing shade, lol. I love it. Seriously though, the comment she was responding to was ridiculous. What is there to hate about a dad capturing his toddler's first experience in the snow on camera? Before iPhones it was camcorders. That's going to be a nice memory they can all revisit in the future. I know I'm glad my family got lots of stuff from my and my sister's childhood on tape. 

Yeah, and before camcorders it was Super8 etc, and before that it was cameras! It's hardly some new, social-media-blight that people use technology to record their children's lives! 

(My mum was a terrible one for taking "arty" photos of us as kids, and lots of fake candids.  We'd be out on a walk, and she'd make us repeat eg crossing a bridge 7 times to get exactly the right shot, or make us pose in ridiculous ways.  Me sitting on a rock and my brother pointing something out to me in the distance, that kind of thing.  It was frustrating as a kid, and hilarious to look back on.  So every time I see people headshaking over how the modern generation are obsessed with recording their lives, I laugh)

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Yeah, and before camcorders it was Super8 etc, and before that it was cameras! It's hardly some new, social-media-blight that people use technology to record their children's lives! 

Exactly. And long before that, is was paintings. Granted, only for rich people, but the desire to capture the image of one's children has clearly been there for a long, long time. Good for Jessa for putting that ridiculous poster in his/her place.

OK, caught up. 

I wear a 44 D bra, and I swear by Cacique.. it has lots of support. Underwire a MUST. Once those babies are harnessed, it's much easier to move around and do stuff. I wear a bra all day until bedtime. I had to visit someone in prison, once, and the visitation sign said NO underwires... so the elastic band thing I bought held nothing up. I felt floppy all day.

I think Henry looks a lot like Ben. 

AFA different hair colors, my sibs and I were born with red hair. Oldest turned out brown and very curly, mine blonde and slightly wavy, youngest, auburn and wavy. Eyes, blue, green, hazel. Our mother had brown eyes, so she must have had a recessive gene for green.

Oh, and the "babies look like old men" thing? It's real. I looked exactly like my grandfather when I was born. Everyone remarked on it.. I always joke and say, "yeah. fat and bald" but I did look remarkably like him. As I grew up, my father constantly called me by his mother's first name, however, saying I looked and acted like her. She had the best resting bitch face ever... and so do I. I have to say.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived