IGNORED

Seewalds 19: Dust Bunnies and Babies

Destiny

That video pissed me off. First of all, it's fiction. It's just a good story, as equally evil as that witchy Frozen.

secondly, reaffirms how annoying this family is about unnecessarily sheltering people from the real world. Jessa goes from one headship to the next, and now this is one is telling her, AND the world how this movie will corrupt you. No trust in adults to view a movie and form their own opinion. I wonder if part of their uproar is that one version of god is a woman? Probably.

for the record, I loved the book, The Shack. It offered all kinds of new perspectives for me, and had me reexamine my own ideas about God. For those unfamiliar, the book is about a man who's daughter is murdered. He receives a letter from God inviting him to talk, and does so. He learns to forgive. My personal favorite part of the book was when god challenged the man to be able to save one child of his when  he was angry that god didn't save his daughter. He wasn't able to, and god explained that he couldn't choose one person either, he also loves all his children equally. My copy is full of underlines, the author is a gorgeous writer.

"I don't need to punish people for sins. Sin is it's own punishment, devouring you from the inside. It's not my purpose to punish it; it's my joy to cure it"

"if you had truly learned to regard each other's concerns as significant as your own, there would be no need for heirarchy"

"in their independence, they either become softened toward me or they become bolder in their independence " 

"you must give up your right to decide what is good and what is evil on your own terms. That is a hard pill to swallow; choosing to only live in me. To do that, you must know me enough to trust in me and learn to rest in my inherent goodness"

"All I want from you is trust me with what little you can, and grow in loving people around you with the same love I share with you. It's not your job to change them, or to convince them. you are free to love without an agenda"

"Mack, just beauxse I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn't mean I orchestrate the tragedies. Don't ever assume my using something means I caused it or I need it to accomplish my purposes.that will only lead you to false notions about me. Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors" 

"take the risks of honesty"

"an awful lot of what is done in My name has nothing to do with me and is often, even if unintentional, very contrary to my purposes"

yeah, I see how they find this idea of Christianity horrifyingly evil.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for Ben's video on how we shouldn't watch the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok because that's not what God is like. 

18 hours ago, nst said:

he looks like he is not that happy - he is nothing like Spurg- 

Most babies look that way until they start smiling. It's different for each child - because each child is unique - but the average age for the first purposeful smile seems to be around six to twelve weeks (so 1.5 to 3 months.) Of course, some kids smile earlier and some take much longer. It all depends on the specific child.

Spurgeon may have started smiling earlier than Henry - or, as suggested, it's possible Jessa just doesn't have time to get really "good" photos this time around because she has another child. Lack of smiling doesn't really indicate happiness at this point. 

18 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I can't wait for Ben's video on how we shouldn't watch the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok because that's not what God is like. 

"There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." -Captain America

I thought Ben actually posted some kind of weird positive review of Thor because he liked the self-sacrifice theme? Or was that someone else? I just remember being surprised because I figured heathen space Vikings and female scientists would present a problem for fundies, but what do I know?

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

"There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." -Captain America

I thought Ben actually posted some kind of weird positive review of Thor because he liked the self-sacrifice theme? Or was that someone else? I just remember being surprised because I figured heathen space Vikings and female scientists would present a problem for fundies, but what do I know?

Someone said something about Thor but I can't remember what it was or who said it. 

22 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Someone said something about Thor but I can't remember what it was or who said it. 

Right? I think I just read the work 'Thor' and my mind went other places...

@FleeJanaFree, those are some really lovely quotes. I just might have to add that to my reading list. I mean, it's already on there because the Seewalds hate it, but now it's bumped to the top of the list.

@singsingsing, me too. I'm pretty sure I've given Loki pieces of my heart at this point :romance-heartspink:

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Right? I think I just read the work 'Thor' and my mind went other places...

Like how gorgeous Chris Hemsworth is?

10/10 would bang, as they say.

36 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

@singsingsing, me too. I'm pretty sure I've given Loki pieces of my heart at this point :romance-heartspink:

Tom Hiddleston be still my little beating heart! :56247955dd693_32(12):

After his stunt with Taylor Swift (on top of his fame whoreness that I always excused) Hiddleston is near repulsive to me now. It's so weird how that happened.

25 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

After his stunt with Taylor Swift (on top of his fame whoreness that I always excused) Hiddleston is near repulsive to me now. It's so weird how that happened.

Agree! I prefer my hammer babe any day. :56247955dd693_32(12):

I don't think Jessa was holding a shaky camera in that Ben-hates-black-women-pretending-to-be-God video. I think Ben is shaking mad. His voice sounds like he is going to start crying. That's how mad he is. I didn't need more proof that he's an ethnocentric, racist, sexist, man-child, but I clicked on the link and watched anyway. I also read the article he linked to in his bio. It was ridiculous, of course. Full of hyperbole and convoluted logic.

I think Little Hash Brown is half Ben and half Jim Bob, which sounds bloody awful, but it isn't. He's cute. Spud has a more feminine, porcelain doll look. He's a pretty child and looks like Jessa. Hash Brown has a ruggedly handsome face. I'm not just saying that because of the rash. He has more of a lantern shape face, as opposed to Spud's heart shaped face. They don't look alike to me except a little bit of the monkey lip and the cheek folds next to the nose, which are both very Duggar-y. 

I love babies. I hold out hope they don't turn out like Ben. 

I also love Thor.

Thor can defraud me any day. 

Re: The Shack- the church where my 4yr old attends preschool did a book study on it and went to see the movie together. Interesting that one "Christian" group is totally for it, and one so against. I don't know the groups conclusions on the book, but a lot of the other moms enjoyed the book study. I'm atheist so don't go, although the book does pique my interest. 

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Henry does not look like he want Spurgeon's kisses. :P 

SnH.png

The white of Wilbur's eye isn't white. Jaundice or just a weird picture?

I wrote 'work' instead of 'word' and now it's too late to edit. That's what I get for focusing on Thor instead of proofreading.

I have no idea what Tom Hiddleston did to Taylor Swift, but I vividly remember searching 'Thor' on tumblr after the first movie, expecting to get nothing but Thor, and instead I got nothing but Loki. I was totally bemused. Obviously I had been out of any kind of fandom scene way too long, because I should have known! 

20 minutes ago, snickerz said:

The white of Wilbur's eye isn't white. Jaundice or just a weird picture?

I think just reflection from that yellow-green blanket near him or lights.

Ya know , I'm kinda torn about this one. Ben has an opinion, as do a lot of people about this movie. He's not the only one against it and speaking out. So he chose this battle to fight, big deal? He doesn't have to agree with it and he  can let his opinions be known, just like we let our opinions known here. Isn't that the beauty of humankind anyway? That we all see and process things differently? He thinks the movie is blasphemy , some don't. I think crookshanks should have ate scabbers in the leaky cauldron and then Harry would have been able to live with Sirius if only for a little while. Some disagree. It's ok. I'm a bit sleep deprived. 4 month old currently hanging off boob and all I want is a Harry potter marathon. 

On 3/9/2017 at 8:38 PM, VelociRapture said:

- snip -

My sister has an adorable one year-old son. She's fond of telling people he looked like a gremlin at birth. :pb_lol:

(TMI) My 2nd son was stuck for a little while, and took the doctor a few twists/turns to move him into the proper position (he was 9lbs8oz), was trying to come out with his hand and shoulder first ~ anyways, by the time he did come out, his face was literally bruised (doctor, vaginal birth, being stuck, all three?).  He had a mix of dark pink, and purple bruises for days, and one bloodshot eye.  Then he had jaundice for almost a week.  

Needless to say, we waited for him to heal up a bit, before we shared the "announcement photo" (we weren't embarrassed of course, but didn't want to cause a mild panic to extended family members - and then explain the vaginal birth details to mortified pearl clutchers lol). 

So yeah . . . I give passes to most babies for at least the first few months ;)

7 hours ago, send*the*ferrets said:

I was a 34H when I had a reduction- insurance covered it. I was a 34D until I had kiddos. 

I don't know how common this is - but I grew a cup size with each pregnancy!  I joke all the time, that it's not that I gained a fun cup, as much as my skin stretched enough, that when I knead the skin into a ball-like object, I can then in turn stuff it into a 44DD bra :P

19 minutes ago, Chicken bones said:

I think just reflection from that yellow-green blanket near him or lights.

I think so too.  Jaundice usually affects the extremities first and spreads up the body towards the head.  A clinician can get an idea of the degree of jaundice with what body parts are affected.  His hands would look yellow or possibly red if he were jaundiced.  They appear to be a normal, healthy shade of pink.

I was brown as a paper bag, as my parents put it, when I was born so my bilirubin level must have been sky high.  

I wondered what a movie about the Duggars' (et al) version of God would look like. For your consideration:

National JimBoob's Missionary Vacation 

Our movie opens on Jesus, showing up at noon to open up Daddy's salvation lot.  His Helpmeet, the Holy Spirit, dutifully follows him in, meekly carrying all of their things.  Jesus and HS proceed to loaf around, half assessedly "selling" salvation, but no one is buying. 

The movie gets darker.  People start questioning why Jesus doesn't get a real job.  Our heros cannot believe it, and they KNOW this MUST be Satan's work (cut to Satan, fully occupied and toiling away at something else). 

Finally, our headship has his answer!  We knew he would, because he's the son of God! Plus, he has a penis which nearly endows him with divine knowledge on its own.  They will become GRIFTSSIONARIES!

Jesus runs his plan by Dad.  God gives him a half assed assent because God is a real adult with a real job (stopping Satan). 

But how to pay? Earn money? NO! Take other people's hard earned cash! And it's ok because Jesus! Jesus racks up a hefty sum and then puts his money where his mouth is and moves to the most dangerous place IN THE WORLD.

Well, the most dangerous place within an easy flight of Daddy's house at least.

The rest of the movie is just them doing nothing. 

Finally, the camera cuts back to Satan.  Exhausted and clearly overworked, he looks down at his list, shrugs, and crosses off Scary America.  They've had enough, even by his standards. 

--Roll Credits--

1 hour ago, Fun Undies said:

I don't know how common this is - but I grew a cup size with each pregnancy!  I joke all the time, that it's not that I gained a fun cup, as much as my skin stretched enough, that when I knead the skin into a ball-like object, I can then in turn stuff it into a 44DD bra :P

I've heard this and was excited about that perk of having children. I have 2 kids and my boobs are still tiny, and my son prefers to drink from my left boob so now I have very uneven boobs. I seriously hope they even out after weaning because it's noticeable. I have to stuff my right bra cup with breast pads. :tw_bawling:

And prepare for a Rodrigues remake of the classic:

Cheaper by the Dozen Kids Shoved in an RV

On 3/9/2017 at 9:16 PM, karen77 said:

OK, don't hate me too much, but HWS isn't too cute of a baby at this point...

BUT...i always give them until 6 months to make a final judgement, since they change so much.

On 3/9/2017 at 9:36 PM, SassyPants said:

I think most were thinking the same, waiting for someone else to say something to that effect. I think Spurge has always been so cute that everyone just sort of assumed that another little boy would be the same. Genetics, eh.

The baby acne does not help.

Damn y'all are harsh, ranking babies on their looks LOL. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived