IGNORED

Seewalds 19: Dust Bunnies and Babies

Destiny

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bethella said:

Did you catch that they've ordered a Big Bang Theory prequel show "Young Sheldon"?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/big-bang-theory-prequel-young-sheldon-picked-straight-193606391.html

OMG! I did not know this but now I am very excited! I love Jim Parsons! His mom on the show is hilarious and reminds me of so many fundies 

1 hour ago, send*the*ferrets said:

OMG! I did not know this but now I am very excited! I love Jim Parsons! His mom on the show is hilarious and reminds me of so many fundies 

The young version will be played by the daughter of the original actress. 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That seems like a terrible idea, imo.

I'm will to withhold judgement. There is a real risk of a total flop but it could be great if they get it right.

I might be in the minority, but I just don't like The Big Bang Theory at all. I find the humor very lazy and I think the show's been allowed to drag on for far too long.

But then again, I love watching Bridezillas and snark-watching Counting On, so I'm not exactly an arbiter of quality or taste.

+1 for This Is Us! I don't mind crying emotional shows, but gory bloody stuff like The Walking Dead? I saw a blurb on FB that described a scene in which a character got his head bashed in with a barbed wire bat. No thanks. Not something I care to see.

My favorite shows right now, besides This Is Us, are Jane the Virgin and The Flash. All very different styles of shows! I also still watch Greys Anatomy even though that show is majorly annoying me right now. I've stuck with it for so long that I don't think I'll stop watching it until the series finale.

10 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

My favorite shows right now, besides This Is Us, are Jane the Virgin and The Flash. All very different styles of shows! I also still watch Greys Anatomy even though that show is majorly annoying me right now. I've stuck with it for so long that I don't think I'll stop watching it until the series finale.

Jane the Virgin was my escape show after the election. And then THE THING happened and it became really depressing for me. I still watch it, but it's not an escape anymore. 

I am in the same boat with Grey's. I have invested so much time and emotional energy that I have to see it to the end, but it is almost hate watching.

I used to love the Big Bang Theory, then Amy Farrah Fowler completely ruined it for me. If she had been a one off character, I could've handled it, but she's completely insufferable. It doesn't help that they seem to have altered Penny and Bernadette's personalities when she came around - like Penny being dumber and Bernadette being bossier. Plus, her writing is really inconsistent. 

Mayim Bialik is pretty insufferable herself, that probably doesn't help me. :pb_lol: 

46 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I used to love the Big Bang Theory, then Amy Farrah Fowler completely ruined it for me. If she had been a one off character, I could've handled it, but she's completely insufferable. It doesn't help that they seem to have altered Penny and Bernadette's personalities when she came around - like Penny being dumber and Bernadette being bossier. Plus, her writing is really inconsistent. 

Mayim Bialik is pretty insufferable herself, that probably doesn't help me. :pb_lol: 

And forcing Sheldon to be normal IS THE FUCKING WORST.

#dieamyfarrahfowler:pb_lol:

44 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I totally agree! What annoys me the most is Raj's personality now. He literally doesn't have one outside of "I'm so sad about girls not liking me even though I'm dating two at once!" And "I'm so sad Howard is becoming friends with the Stuart, so I'm going to be way too involved in his family's life!"

I kind of liked AFF and Sheldon's relationship until they moved in together. You all are right. What happened to Sheldon's fear of intimacy, privacy issues, and germophobia? The first time they had sex was hilariously written, I thought, but after that? blah.

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

+1 for This Is Us! I don't mind crying emotional shows, but gory bloody stuff like The Walking Dead? I saw a blurb on FB that described a scene in which a character got his head bashed in with a barbed wire bat. No thanks. Not something I care to see.

I can't get into This is US - no matter how much I try. 

Now I am LOVING the new Lethal Weapon series.  It is great written and the two leads Clayne Crawford and Damon Wayans are perfect and have amazing chemistry. 

Also This is Cosmo is slightly entertaining.  And all my real housewives.... :D 

I haven't watched Big Bang Theory in ages, but I hated that whole Sheldon/Amy plot line because it goes to the whole, "Aw, you're not actually happy the way you are. You'll change when you meet the right person." I'm not saying that people like Sheldon never date, have sex, find love, and marry, but it would've been nice to see a character actually buck that stereotype that deep down everyone, no matter how eccentric, is yearning for societal norms. They sold out a long time ago to keep the series going.

14 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

It would have seemed to me like I would be like that, and I'll bawl like a baby watching Law & Order: SVU when a child is hurt...but I'll still watch it. Or reading news articles about child abuse, or anything like that. It disturbs me greatly, but I sill do it. But when it comes to animal abuse, as soon as I know that's the subject matter, I'll immediately nope the fuck out and try to put it out of my mind. I really like animals and I love my pets but I'm not one of those people who genuinely loves animals more than humans, so I don't know why my boundaries are where they are. I love my cat but I love my kid infinitely more, so it makes no sense to me.

Same. For me, I think it's tied to the fact that animals can't speak - meaning, they can't tell someone what's wrong or ask for help or anything. Plus, animals (especially dogs) can be so forgiving and have such a need for love. I have a terrible time watching bad stuff happen to any kids in movies or tv shows, but especially babies and I think it's for that same reason.

Two more shows I binge watched that I STILL love

Revenge and The Affair 

Emily from Revenge is an amazing actress and the Affair was so good the first two seasons and this last season 

:D 

I just hate to be told when to laugh. If it's not funny the laugh track just makes it sad. And that's my take on the big bang theory

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I haven't watched Big Bang Theory in ages, but I hated that whole Sheldon/Amy plot line because it goes to the whole, "Aw, you're not actually happy the way you are. You'll change when you meet the right person." I'm not saying that people like Sheldon never date, have sex, find love, and marry, but it would've been nice to see a character actually buck that stereotype that deep down everyone, no matter how eccentric, is yearning for societal norms. They sold out a long time ago to keep the series going.

They could have made things so interesting with Amy and Sheldon. It could've worked with Amy having her eccentricity and intelligence with her mushy, romantic streak intact from the very beginning (like secretly keeping a locket with Sheldon's picture in it under her lab coat and getting busted). All of those things can co-exist. In the context of their relationship, Sheldon could have been given the opportunity to think of how he makes people feel (considering how many times he's hurt her feelings), and Amy could have separated fantasy from what a loving, committed relationship is actually like (she is dating Sheldon, after all). Come to think of it, I think pining for the commercialized idea of romance is something that's a common thing for women like Amy if they're pressured to (or maybe I'm speaking from personal experience).

If we're talking about shows I only watch GoT and The Crown, new shows are kinda lame so I'll stick to watch Friends for ever and ever because comedy shows nowadays suck.

I like a variety of TV shows: Humans, Gotham, Westworld, the Flash, Scorpion, MacGyver, Outlander, Last Man on Earth, Man in the High Castle, Game of Thrones, Halt and Catch Fire ... not much of a sitcom fan.

ETA: After looking at my list, maybe it's not much of a variety - they're all sci-f/fantasy/nerdy :my_smile:

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I also have a lot of dislike for MB as a person. When they first introduced Amy as a character I actually adored the relationship because she was like Sheldon at first, and I thought it was going into "there is someone out there for everyone" and I loved that. However somewhere along the line she turned into a horny teenager who consistently pushes Sheldon's boundaries and won't let up until he does what she wants, and now I'm like nah. I loved the idea of an asexual mutual companionship on the show, but they turned Amy into the worst kind of girlfriend and it's obnoxious. 

Jane the Virgin was my escape show after the election. And then THE THING happened and it became really depressing for me. I still watch it, but it's not an escape anymore. 

I am in the same boat with Grey's. I have invested so much time and emotional energy that I have to see it to the end, but it is almost hate watching.

I legit cried for like a day about that. I'm optimistic about where it's going but I didn't see why that needed to happen.

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

If we're talking about shows I only watch GoT and The Crown, new shows are kinda lame so I'll stick to watch Friends for ever and ever because comedy shows nowadays suck.

If you're into GoT, I can assume readily that you're cool with a bit of darkness and morbidity; if so, I really recommend BoJack Horseman for comedy. It's basically what would happen if Zootopia were a dark satire on Hollywood. Will Arnett and Aaron Paul are amazing on it, and it's one of those rare shows that can make me laugh one second and cry the next.

14 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

If you're into GoT, I can assume readily that you're cool with a bit of darkness and morbidity; if so, I really recommend BoJack Horseman for comedy. It's basically what would happen if Zootopia were a dark satire on Hollywood. Will Arnett and Aaron Paul are amazing on it, and it's one of those rare shows that can make me laugh one second and cry the next.

Bojack!! I love it. I have to admit that last season really killed me. It was just so depressing.

10 hours ago, jerkit said:

You, me, and about two million other people. I cant figure out what they think they're doing with Grey's but it's so hard to follow. I haven't missed an episode this season but I can't even figure out what's happening. I wish they would have taken it out in season 9 honestly. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived