IGNORED

Seewalds 19: Dust Bunnies and Babies

Destiny

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, don't hate me too much, but HWS isn't too cute of a baby at this point...

BUT...i always give them until 6 months to make a final judgement, since they change so much.

17 minutes ago, karen77 said:

OK, don't hate me too much, but HWS isn't too cute of a baby at this point...

BUT...i always give them until 6 months to make a final judgement, since they change so much.

I think most were thinking the same, waiting for someone else to say something to that effect. I think Spurge has always been so cute that everyone just sort of assumed that another little boy would be the same. Genetics, eh.

The baby acne does not help.

I say this as a mom who had a beautiful first baby (girl) and a very rugged second baby (boy). My son is now a very handsome man- he was also a darling little boy, but at birth, he looked like a little old man.

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

He looks like Marcus...who looks like GP Keller- LOL.

I was thinking that!! :pb_lol: I think Henry just needs a few extra months to settle into his looks. He's got cute genes, so I'm sure he'll turn out fine. If I recall, Israel was an odd-looking infant, and he grew into an absolutely adorable kid. :)

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

*Snip*...he looked like a little old man.

To be completely honest, until they start getting some personality, I think all babies look like old man. I personally look at my own baby pictures and think that I look just like my grandfather. 

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

I think most were thinking the same, waiting for someone else to say something to that effect. I think Spurge has always been so cute that everyone just sort of assumed that another little boy would be the same. Genetics, eh.

I say this as a mom who had a beautiful first baby (girl) and a very rugged second baby (boy). My son is now a very handsome man- he was also a darling little boy, but at birth, he looked like a little old man.

Most babies look that way at birth - especially babies born vaginally. It takes a bit for them to outgrow the squish face stage. 

My sister has an adorable one year-old son. She's fond of telling people he looked like a gremlin at birth. :pb_lol:

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

he looks like he is not that happy - he is nothing like Spurg- 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

To be completely honest, until they start getting some personality, I think all babies look like old man. I personally look at my own baby pictures and think that I look just like my grandfather. 

I wish I could remember where I read this (How to be a Jewish Mother perhaps) but it said that all babies look like Winston Churchill at first.

My niece is an adorable kid, but she looked damn rough up until about 8/9 months old. I generally think most babies take a few months to grow into being cute, and they look like squishy aliens until they hit that point. 

Mr LBE was a damn ugly baby from the pics I've seen (and even his mother admits he "wasn't the cutest baby" lol), but he's an objectively very handsome almost 25 year old. 

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I wish I could remember where I read this (How to be a Jewish Mother perhaps) but it said that all babies look like Winston Churchill at first.

That's a great way of putting it. Yes, all babies do look like Winston Churchill. :D

I think old man looks good on babies. I especially love when they look grouchy. It just amuses me. Oh! Old man grouchy face and chubby legs are the best. I just love babies though. 

I personally think Spurgeon is a cuter baby than Henry, and he should get at least that considering his name contains the word "purge" in it.

Ben is getting blasted on Jessa's facebook page after a shaky handed Jessa posted a video of Ben telling viewers not to see some movie. 

1 minute ago, nst said:

Ben is getting blasted on Jessa's facebook page after a shaky handed Jessa posted a video of Ben telling viewers not to see some movie. 

I didn't watch the video, but the movie they're talking about is The Shack. I didn't see it nor did I read the book so I'm not entirely sure what it's about.

Just now, VineHeart137 said:

I didn't watch the video, but the movie they're talking about is The Shack. I didn't see it nor did I read the book so I'm not entirely sure what it's about.

I believe he is saying it's not about his God 

Also, Jessa posted this. I don't see any similarities between Spurgeon and Henry at all besides the typical old-man look that all babies have. Genetics, huh?

17201414_1113497635444091_6288131598443831148_n.jpg

4 minutes ago, nst said:

I believe he is saying it's not about his God 

It wouldn't be, Jesus is in it and he's not white, the holy spirt is an Asian woman, and god is an african american woman. 

7 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Also, Jessa posted this. I don't see any similarities between Spurgeon and Henry at all besides the typical old-man look that all babies have. Genetics, huh?

17201414_1113497635444091_6288131598443831148_n.jpg

They both have long limbs.  S.Elliott filled out the onesie and it's  loose-ish on Henry. Different sized heads. E is happier looking than H. I think they're both cute though. Interestingly, to me, quick glance,they don't look related. Then a better look shows similar noses, eyes,and ears. 

Maybe jessa had more time to get the perfect pictures of Spurge. So Hebert doesn't look as cute.  Most of my friends with more than one kid I've noticed a similar pattern. Further down the sibling line not only the less pictures in general but also much less effort in the pictures. Like after the first 2 kids it seems like they don't even do the monthly picture up dates any more. It's more like okay here they are in the hospital, here's a few pictures taken here and there, first month picture, few group pics with all the kiddos, wow I can't believe my baby is 6 months old picture, a couple pictures of them learning to crawl or walk and what not, HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY! With a comparison shot to the other siblings on their first birthday. 

Nothing wrong with it really IMO I think it would be a lot of stress trying to get all the pictures just right. I don't plan on doing it lol. 

2 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

Dear Lord someone put Jim Bob's face on a baby. 

Now that you've said this it can't be unseen. The resemblance is shocking.

Honestly, "old man" is a better look on babies than "strong Duggar genes." tbh. I don't think any of the Duggar grandkids are cute babies because they tend to look like JB (though Spruge can be cute in certain pictures where he looks less like Boob)

also LOL at Ben telling people not to see a movie starting Academy Award Winner Octavia Spencer. :pb_lol: 

4 hours ago, Pasta said:

They both have long limbs.  S.Elliott filled out the onesie and it's  loose-ish on Henry. Different sized heads. E is happier looking than H. I think they're both cute though. Interestingly, to me, quick glance,they don't look related. Then a better look shows similar noses, eyes,and ears. 

I've looked at a few pictures of Elliot and Henry and I've come to the conclusion that they both have the same nose and lips (Jessa's), but Henry has Ben's eyes, lighter hair, chubbier checks, and a less blocky head (probably also ben).

On 3/5/2017 at 4:21 AM, Jinder Roles said:

@Jilli Not TMI at all. 34H here and big boobs are the worst. I'm pretty much uncomfortable with or without a bra cause my back constantly hurts. If I don't have a bra on I do feel like my movements are more restricted.

very jealous of all the smaller-chested and gravity-defying-boob possessing people.

I was a 34H when I had a reduction- insurance covered it. I was a 34D until I had kiddos. 

On 9 March 2017 at 0:14 AM, TuringMachine said:

I thought their newborn pics were almost Identical, but in all the new videos with Henry he's looking quite different from Elliot. Henry definitely has Jessa's nose and mouth like Elliot but something is different. Maybe his cheeks are puffier? His head a little longer? Also he seems to be a blonde!

Henrys head is Ben shaped. He has Jessa's eyes though. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived