IGNORED

Seewalds 17 - My Name is No

choralcrusader8613

My burger pick is Smashburger. Love that they have goat cheese and fresh jalapeños as options.

I've taken in a very fuzzy orange cat who hates and bullies my little cat. He just escaped the laundry room and i had to break up a multi-room cat fight. (He likes his other stray cat buddies, how do i get him to like my cat??!)

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chicken bones said:

My burger pick is Smashburger. Love that they have goat cheese and fresh jalapeños as options.

I've taken in a very fuzzy orange cat who hates and bullies my little cat. He just escaped the laundry room and i had to break up a multi-room cat fight. (He likes his other stray cat buddies, how do i get him to like my cat??!)

Is he fixed?

We got In n Outs in San Antonio  while ago, and I'm just not a fan. the burgers were mediocre, and I hated the sauce. Blech. Love Five Guys though.

My tortie is INSANE. she's half feral, which is weird, since my sister had her since birth (was originally my sister's cat- she was crazy for her too). She only comes near you occasionally at night to force pet you. At my other house, we'd go a week or more without seeing her, she liked to hide in the garage, which worried me in the summers. When we moved, it took 3 days to catch her in an empty room. She was literally scaling walls and jumping over our heads. We call her ninja cat, lol. Her name is , appropriately, Spazz.

18 minutes ago, Chicken bones said:

We cannot overlook this post for kitties.  We just cannot.

Smashburger is right up there with Culver's.  Quality meat, melty ingredients, awesome combo.  

Mr MM loves In and Out.... I think it is meh.

Have you tried cat pheromones? There's a synthetic called Feliway which has been recommended by lots of vets. My friends swear positive results. Check out Amazon -- there are some different options to help your cats stay friendly and less murderous towards one another.

In and Out is IT!! I LOVE it! In and Out is the main reason I'll never move back to the east coast. 

Cats...big furry stupid is snuggled up against me...I'm sweating to death! This is the feline that sits at the door and cries when I leave for work in the morning and then has to tell me ALL about everything when I get home. He's either part Norwegian Forest Cat or Maine Coon (I think he's a Weegie because he has the triangular head) and I didn't know they were SO talkative. His sister is more domestic short hair and not nearly as cuddly or talkative. She only talks when I won't let her in the bathroom. 

10 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

@Buzzard and @VelociRapture made french toast this morning since we're all stuck inside during the biggest snow storm of the year.  Too bad I didn't have any sourdough or challah.

I think they have a name already.  They said they'd be announcing it next Monday.  If they didn't have a name they would have just said we'll announce when we figure it out.

edit:  I meant that I made french toast, not buzzard and velocirapture

I never saw THEM say that they were announcing next Monday. That's just a (evidnece-based) guess at this point - and one I put forth when no name was forthcoming with the birth announcement. 

@Chicken bones I agree with the feliway suggestion also, just read and follow the instructions exactly for it to work. There is also a powder in capsule form called zylkene. It comes in different strengths for different sized animals (dogs too) and you break open the capsule and sprinkle it on their food or massage it into cheese to get the little buggers to eat it. It's a milk protein and can work wonders. My Evil One likes the taste, so it's a win for her.... Available online, at vets and at Veterinary pharmacies.  I usually get the higher dose tablets (more cost effective) open the capsule and guestimate the dosage (so my Evil one needs, based on weight 75mg/2x/day, I get the 445mg caplet and shake out approximately 1/4 of the powder for each dose). I'm cheap, and it works. If Evil seems to be having particular problems with Wicked One (as opposed to the world in general), Wicked gets a dose too. With cats it usually takes two to really tango.

Also, in my experience rescuing and adopting some damaged little cats, sometimes it takes time and they sometimes just need to settle out their differences with a couple of good smack downs ( water nearby to pour on them and/a pile of blankets to drop on one if things get out of hand usually stops the fight cold). They may never be friends exactly, but most cats can learn to tolerate room mate kittehs, and if nothing else they can be a hobby for each other. Be patient. It sometimes takes time. I rescued a street kitty who thought my very geriatric Devon was prey. It took over a year of me running interceptions and some smack does before the street cat realized that the old guy was a cat, and that the old guy was in fact the boss of him. After that, street kitty followed the old guy around and just watched him almost 24/7. Old guy decided that the street cat was irrelevant and totally ignored him, but the old guy was a brilliant hobby... Cats are weird...

So we've already had a poll about the birthdate, weight, size, and name for this child, how about a poll as to when the name gets released?

I say 10AM Eastern this Monday. Wilberforce Ezekiel Isaiah Seawald

I think you either like In N Out or you like 5 Guys. I was super excited to try 5 Guys and it was... meh. Everyone else that I've met is also either an In N Out fan, or they're a 5 Guys fan. 

With how long she is stretching out the baby naming  "suspense" you'd think she was the owner of this forum. LOL. 

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

So we've already had a poll about the birthdate, weight, size, and name for this child, how about a poll as to when the name gets released?

I thought Spurgeon was the worst but wilberforce? Now your scaring me. That actually could be a possibility with this infantile father.

13 hours ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Noooo that's my husband's name! Although, if there were suddenly a Duggar named Sebastian, I could count on my husband to say something colorful about it in response, haha. Some guy wearing a confederate flag shirt called him a fag at the grocery store the other day (I guess a man dressing nice can't possibly be straight :my_rolleyes:),  so my husband told him "How about I shove broken glass up your pee hole, you alt-right piece of shit?!" It shut the guy right up. :pb_lol:

I like your husbands style. 

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Even with Seemonkey born, SES is still making on instagram. :) Adorable! Whose dog is that? 

Derek probably got it to run over...

Just watched the most recent Elliot video. Gosh he is so cute. And looking more and more like Jessa everyday.

1. No Sebastian-that's my favorite cousin's name!!! Just no.

2. Do coffee places count for our wishing for restaurants?  If so, I nominate Community Coffee so I get French roast with chicory without the weird looks. Also Blue Caribou-my husband sought them out for me on our last 2-3 cross country trips-must have the white chocolate raspberry mocha with cinnamon. Peets has one but its not as good. 

8 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I like this idea, and will remember it next time I make pizza. Do you brush oil on the dough before you add tomatoes?

No i put the oil at the end when is ready. Let me know of you like it.

All of the name guessing just reminded me of a pact a friend and I made in High School.  We promised each other that if we ever had a baby together we would name him or her Equilibrium.  Come on Benessa, I want to see an Equilibrium Seewald!

(We were not even dating, or hey hey hey'ing.  We just thought it was a cool word :)

Kitty drift i love it! At the moment i have 3 cars in the house two sister who are born in my bathroom and a little Maine Coon adopted 2 monts ago...they are so funny. He his in love with the older of the two sister and is funny 'cause they are both orange.   

He is Romeo ( from aristogatti) and the two female are  Curcuma and Minnie 

20170131_143902.jpg

IMG-20170128-WA0006.jpeg

20170206_131500.jpg

The Maine coon reminds me of our Mr Kitty. He was 28 lbs. We have Mage, who is hubby's ten year old tabby and Smokey, a brain-damaged (medically confirmed, he has ataxia) Russian blue who showed up at the front door last Halloween. Mage has this thing about peeing on my son's hockey bags, which is infuriating because they're so expensive. Smokey likes to chew cell phone charging cords, we've replaced 5 in the last month and attacking people's feet for absolutely no reason. For the most part they're pretty loveable though.

For burgers, it's Five Guys! For subs it's the local 4th generation butcher shop. I can't eat at Checkers/Rally's anymore after working there and trust me, STAY AWAY from Buffalo Wild Wings! Hubby used to be the general manager of one, you don't even want to know!

Spurgeon is so much worse than Wilberforce. At least a Wilberforce could go by 'Will'.

3 hours ago, CatsRevenge said:

All of the name guessing just reminded me of a pact a friend and I made in High School.  We promised each other that if we ever had a baby together we would name him or her Equilibrium.  Come on Benessa, I want to see an Equilibrium Seewald!

(We were not even dating, or hey hey hey'ing.  We just thought it was a cool word :)

51 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Spurgeon is so much worse than Wilberforce. At least a Wilberforce could go by 'Will'.

I guess Equilibrium could go by "Will" as well...! 

Wilberforce sounds like something a 2-toothed hillbilly would call themselves, after drink a few bottles of bathtub gin.

Just picture it...a drunk 2-toothed hillbilly, with a bottle bathtub gin in one hand, throwing on nana's afghan as a cape. Hopping up on one of those white plastic lawn chairs, screaming "I AAM WILBERFORCE", then faceplanting into the ground below them, running the risk of becoming a 1-toothed hillbilly.

7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I say Monday 7am Pacific time Monday with a clip - Hulluocklo Jeremiah Seewald 

she can call him Hulky 

I'm honestly surprised they didn't announce yesterday - it was the Bates I love you say special and announcing a courtship.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived