IGNORED

Seewalds 17 - My Name is No

choralcrusader8613

I'm human to six cats. Yes, they own me and they know it. Cassie is the second oldest -- she is 11 -- and is a tuxedo cat who is anything but chill; she hisses at the other cats and always wants to be by me whenever I am in my bedroom. Molly is the youngest; she will be 2 in about late May. She's my little panfur kitty; and, yes, I guess you could say she's pretty chill. Annie is the oldest, at almost 15; she is a total diva who sometimes sleeps under the covers with me.  Oliver is almost 4 and is an imp but so lovable. Diego is about 8 and is my most naughty cat; he is most likely to be where he shouldn't be. Finally, Turtle, the cobby-bodied tortie who has asthma, is very cuddly. I got her at a yard sale (no kidding)...not sure exactly how old she is; the vet's office has her listed as 4, but I think she is a year or two older. She has gorgeous green eyes that, unfortunately, don't show up well in most pictures.

little Cassie 112916.jpg

little Molly 010516.jpg

Miss Annie 100416.jpg

little Oliver 062214ish.jpg

little Diego 072013ish.jpg

little Turtle 091614.jpg

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll get in on the thread drift. This is Ginger, the last of our four yellow labs. In the middle picture she's wearing hunters orange so she didn't get shot during deer season. The bottom one is usually my avatar. We had her put down in 2012 due to lung cancer. 

ginger.jpg

ginger 2.jpg 

ginger 3.jpg

2 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

Boudreau (black kitty) and Casey (Ragdoll).

Boo was a stray I rescued and brought home "to find him a place to live" - 10 years ago.

Casey was given to me by Ragdoll breeder who decided to get out of the business.  I call him Brad Kitt 'cause he's so pretty.

Also - true Crazy Cat Lady.  The really ugly brown chair is the cats.  Hence the reason it's still in the house.

I'm a sucker for pet names that are puns. Two of mine have been Cleocatra and Conway Kitty.

3 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

For the puppy pics: 

Message_1478214740364.jpg

You're gonna have to get her a Louisiana short cut.  The briars and brambles will get into her coat.

Woah. Watching episode 2 from this current season 4. Ben is BEYOND not into this baby crap. I mean seriously, it's your fucking child, and he could not care less while being FILMED during the dopler thingy with Jill. I predict him the next one for the devil to take hold over...I don't blame him, he was a fucking fetus when he first met her, completely ridiculous...

All dog lovers need to watch  Hachi - A Dog's Tale. It's incredible and extremely sad.

Back with the naming discussion, I was recently in Iceland and found out their naming rules are insanely strict. You have to apply to the Icelandic Naming Commitee if you want to call your kid something really wild like "Zoe" which was rejected. 

Also in response to @ClaraOswin -my "stupid" name is fine... for somebody else! I have never liked it or been called by it or any nickname close to it in decades. You'd think my mother would have known better when naming her kids considering she immigrated as a child and suffered for her even weirder name. Years of spelling mistakes, haha so what's your real name?/can I just call you...? For all three of us. Ugh. I'm a big fan of simple, unisex names!

22 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

All dog lovers need to watch  Hachi - A Dog's Tale. It's incredible and extremely sad.

Watched this after the akita passed and there was NOT enough Kleenex.  Great movie, but incredibly sad, especially for me, as the dog in the movie acted and looked just like my baby.  

But seriously, go see the movie.

lol, I remember the last pet picture derailment was when Jessa was pregnant with Elliot (I think it's hilarious how some of us refuse to call him by his first name).

My little guy has since passed away :my_sad:. This is one of my favorite pics of him.

CIMG2290.JPG

1 hour ago, Meridae said:

Sounds like Sophie- 8 pounds of pure nutball! We always say it's a good thing she's so cute!

He's a big-ish dog with a Napoleon complex - he's 45 pounds, but thinks he's a 15 pounder with attitude.

I'm on my Kindle so I can't post a picture, but just have to join in the fun thread drift.  My household has 5 cats.  One is mine, Sadie (full name when in trouble:  Sadie Louise J______!).  Two belong to a sister, and the other two were my parent's, Maggie and Molly.  Sadie is a black and grey tabby, 13 years old, and sleeps curled up behind my knees.  She's a demanding diva and I love her.

Molly is all black with no tail.  When she walks, she looks like a tiny black bear.  She is shy and timid, and since my mom passed away, Sadie has taken her under her wing and allows her to sleep on the bed with us.  I am getting attached to her too.

1 hour ago, snickers34 said:

Woah. Watching episode 2 from this current season 4. Ben is BEYOND not into this baby crap. I mean seriously, it's your fucking child, and he could not care less while being FILMED during the dopler thingy with Jill. I predict him the next one for the devil to take hold over...I don't blame him, he was a fucking fetus when he first met her, completely ridiculous...

Yep. If they weren't weirdo cult fundies, these two would've dated 6 months to a year while in college and then broke up. This is why you don't push marriage on the first person you "like like" just so you can have sex guilt free.

Y'all!!!! Yesterday you gave me restaurant envy, now I have furbaby envy!!! We have no pets right now, I'm working on the hubby, who claims to not be a pet person. 

Closest thing I have right now is this incredibly tame neighbourhood bunny. This guy was apparently born in captivity to someone raising rabbits for food, and got out. Good job bunny! Everyone in the area kinda looks out for him, but he's really latched on to us. And our cars--he's hanging out by mine here, but he prefers my brother in law's car for some reason. We haven't seen him much through the winter, but almost every day without fail there are bunny tracks under his car!  His name is BraveBunny. And hubby adores this little guy--pretty sure he'd take him in in a heartbeat, so there's hope for furbabies yet!image.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Jiraffe said:

Y'all!!!! Yesterday you gave me restaurant envy, now I have furbaby envy!!! We have no pets right now, I'm working on the hubby, who claims to not be a pet person. 

Closest thing I have right now is this incredibly tame neighbourhood bunny. This guy was apparently born in captivity to someone raising rabbits for food, and got out. Good job bunny! Everyone in the area kinda looks out for him, but he's really latched on to us. And our cars--he's hanging out by mine here, but he prefers my brother in law's car for some reason. We haven't seen him much through the winter, but almost every day without fail there are bunny tracks under his car!  His name is BraveBunny. And hubby adores this little guy--pretty sure he'd take him in in a heartbeat, so there's hope for furbabies yet!image.jpeg

Please, please see if you or a neighbor can catch him and find him an appropriate home. Domestic rabbits (and he definitely is one) are not bred to live wild. Simple things like bug bites could make him extremely ill. It is also unlikely that he is able to meet his basic nutritional needs in the wild. 

7 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Please, please see if you or a neighbor can catch him and find him an appropriate home. Domestic rabbits (and he definitely is one) are not bred to live wild. Simple things like bug bites could make him extremely ill. It is also unlikely that he is able to meet his basic nutritional needs in the wild. 

That's what we were worried about! According to one of the neighbours he has made it through one winter already which gives me hope. I hadnt thought of the fact that bug bites could be very serious though, you're absolutely right. Just after that pic was taken, hubby and I were actually talking about taking him in but we had to go out of town for an extended time, and haven't really seen him much since then. 

But we have both agreed if we get the chance again, we'll take him in. It wouldn't be hard to do--he almost walked right into the house once. We worry about him out there, he seems to manage but it would be much healthier for him to have a good home. 

On 2/9/2017 at 10:43 PM, Kailash said:

Is he fixed?

Yep,got the cat fixed and treated for bartonella. He is a doll. But only hates my cat.  Here's the offender:

20161224_115329.jpg

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived