IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

The announcement photo is so very, very bad. If you don't want to wear shoes then you do you buddy, but why the dickens have you got the cowboy hat??!  If you have no shoes indoors you sure don't need a hat either.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/31/2017 at 0:26 PM, MargaretElliott said:

I know they're not having a girl, but I think the Biblical place name theme is quite nice, actually. Aramea, Cimmeria, Bethel, Lystra, Galilee, Lydia, Cilicia, Shiloh, Zorah... they're all kind of wacky, but they sound quite pretty to my ears. For boys, you've still got Jericho, Judah, Ephraim, Etham... mind you, I just pulled these off Wikipedia's "List of biblical places" so I'm not sure what the places are like in the bible or the sociological or political implications that they might convey nowadays. Then again, they already named their first kid after a war-torn location, so they might go for another controversial choice.

Who knows, some of those names might be like naming your kid Gomorrah... not great connotations. Who the hell knows, they might name their new kid Steve or something, just to mess with us :P

Mageddon (i.e. Mt. Mageddon or Armageddon) would be a great sibling name for Spurge. But I see the Dullards going with one of the names you listed, or my favorite: Tiberias.  

These threads move so fast, I can't keep up - but did Jill intentionally do this jinder announcement as near as possible to just-before-Jessa's-due-date on purpose?  There's a pattern of her trying to steal Jessa's thunder, isn't there?

28 minutes ago, Lurky said:

These threads move so fast, I can't keep up - but did Jill intentionally do this jinder announcement as near as possible to just-before-Jessa's-due-date on purpose?  There's a pattern of her trying to steal Jessa's thunder, isn't there?

You know, I'm honestly not sure. She could have waited until after Jessa gave birth to announce but then wouldn't that have been seen as her trying to pull the attention off Jessa and back onto herself? Plus, I'm guessing TLC had a hand in the timing as well. They orchestrated an entire scavenger hunt which I think I read was filmed for the show.

2 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

You know, I'm honestly not sure. She could have waited until after Jessa gave birth to announce but then wouldn't that have been seen as her trying to pull the attention off Jessa and back onto herself? Plus, I'm guessing TLC had a hand in the timing as well. They orchestrated an entire scavenger hunt which I think I read was filmed for the show.

I guess I don't know why they didn't announce a few weeks earlier, then - if TLC set up the scavenger hunt, they must have known beforehand.  It just seems weird to me that every time Jessa has something big, Jill is popping up with her own thing. 

I guess TLC could be pushing the "they're so different" angle, as Jessa doesn't do the whole gender thing, maybe?

I think they should have waited for the scavenger hunt to air on the show to announce the gender. That'd entice people to watch the show, rather than  tell everyone all the info beforehand and then except them to watch anyway...

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

I guess I don't know why they didn't announce a few weeks earlier, then - if TLC set up the scavenger hunt, they must have known beforehand.  It just seems weird to me that every time Jessa has something big, Jill is popping up with her own thing. 

I guess TLC could be pushing the "they're so different" angle, as Jessa doesn't do the whole gender thing, maybe?

I don't think they could have done it a few weeks earlier. If Jill is due July 1st, she would only be about 19 weeks along today. Usually the typical anatomy scan is done between 18-20 weeks, so they actually found out the sex a bit early as it is. (Assuming they didn't do a blood test or something).

I agree with Gillyweed, if anything they should have just kept it quiet until the scavenger hunt actually appeared on the show.

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Oh yes, she's afraid. And didn't someone post how Jill's already talking about the possibility of having another c-section?

I can not see Jill having an unmedicated home birth, ever. 

Her family should be very concerned if she does try a home birth. I could see her trying because at some point she can't keep having c-section after c-section and she may want to try and avoid now before it becomes standard for each baby she has.  

The duggers and their desire to birth these giant babies at home is crazy to me. I'm all for it for people with average sized babies and low risk pregnancies but I think they know well enough at this point that is not the case for Jill or Jessa. 

1 hour ago, Trapdoor said:

Her family should be very concerned if she does try a home birth. I could see her trying because at some point she can't keep having c-section after c-section and she may want to try and avoid now before it becomes standard for each baby she has.  

The duggers and their desire to birth these giant babies at home is crazy to me. I'm all for it for people with average sized babies and low risk pregnancies but I think they know well enough at this point that is not the case for Jill or Jessa. 

I could see Jill doing a home c section. I think she will at least try a home birth again. The fact she was at home with an Iv bag with the 1st tells me she thinks she's beyond modern medical care. She's a know it all. 

I love Galilee. For boy, he could be Lee for short. For a girl, Lily. 

Praise the universe, Its a boy.

I haven’t really participated in the 'wow Derrick looks like shit' conversation, but that hat pushed me over the edge. He looks like a tweakier homeless man that a Mexican cowboy took pity on and gave him a hat. 

16 minutes ago, amers said:

I could see Jill doing a home c section. I think she will at least try a home birth again. The fact she was at home with an Iv bag with the 1st tells me she thinks she's beyond modern medical care. She's a know it all. 

I'm pretty sure a home c-section isn't a thing. Unless she's planning on going all Walking Dead on us.

I was being silly. 

15 minutes ago, withaj said:

I'm pretty sure a home c-section isn't a thing. Unless she's planning on going all Walking Dead on us.

I went back through the thread, and didn't see anyone posting this tweet ~ though I'm sure it was covered in a previous thread: either way, it's not the tweet I'd like to draw your attention to, it's the perfect response right underneath ;)

BURN!!

Spoiler

tumblr_oko7onGVqb1uxjiy8o1_1280.jpg

Courtesy of "wtffundiefamilies" on tumblr

When it comes to their baby's sex announcement, it's such a haphazard way of doing it, that either A.) they've just given up on any sort of branding (which Hell, I don't blame them), and/or B.) they're dealing with some stuff that's keeping them from being able to coordinate things (chronic illness?).  Either way, I just really get the sense they stopped caring (for whatever reason).

I know this is a pop sugar article and it's an ebil catholic saying it, but I love this nuns take on Pro Life:

Catholic Nun Abortion Quote

When I saw this I thought immediately of Cathy and Guin and all the Duggars and their crazy Anti Abortion speak.

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

1 hour ago, amers said:

JD the EMT could get it done, especially with Dr. Muffin there to guide them. I mean, what to they really need beside an exacto knife, some ether, old towels, and thread. Jana the seamstress probably does a great blanket stitch. 

35 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I know this is a pop sugar article and it's an ebil catholic saying it, but I love this nuns take on Pro Life:

When I saw this I thought immediately of Cathy and Guin and all the Duggars and their crazy Anti Abortion speak.

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

I read that quote a few years ago, and it really helped put in perspective what I believed in my heart.  I lean towards probirth (but also understand why abortion is necessary), and it really saddens me when I read about fellow Christians who are all about defunding planned parenthood, but protest welfare/social security programs, and are silent on the refugee ban :/  To me, their protests against abortion is political/anti feminist, not religious.

I'm sorry for the lack of credit, as I can't find who said it now, and I'm fading fast tonight ~ but someone referred to Derick having "wanderlust", and I feel like that is a spot on observation about the guy.  I think he would genuinely enjoy living off the grid, or even a commune style sort of place.  When he met Jill, he probably believed her that she'd be happy being a missionary's wife (and Hell, maybe Jill even believed that herself).  But going to South America a few times a la Gothard conversion camps, on yearly visits one to two weeks out of the year when she was a teen, is completely different than the missionary life Derick wants.  I think the realization that they likely aren't meeting each other's needs emotionally (he'll always want a more "cut off" lifestyle wandering wherever - and if he can do via "missionary funding" even better - and she needs someone to guide her every step of the way, and really needs her family 24/7) - I really think it's just wearing on them in all sorts of ways :/

8 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Yes! It pisses me off when people say they are "pro-life" and then are anti-public assistance, pro death penalty, etc. I've mentioned that my mother in- law is basically ebil catholic version of Cathy, and calls herself pro life. She is Filipino, and if you're Filipino or have been following their president, you will know that he's trying to eradicate the country's drug problem by murdering dealers, and addicts, even after they have come out of rehab. Well, the police just show up and have orders to kill the dealers and users, no questions asked. My mother in law cheers that monster on for the murders he calls for, because "well, if they weren't guilty, they wouldn't be murdered." Mind you, the murdered are on the lower rungs of the socio-economic totem pole, while the rich and crooked politicians that are suspected of being guilty just get warnings and actual trials. But to her, abortion=murder, and I guess it's the only kind of murder that should be stopped. 

6 hours ago, Lurky said:

I think it was a setup to steal even more thunder after Jessa's baby is born.  Expecting to see a congratulation message like "Israel is soooo thrilled to have a new cousin and he just can't wait until his little brother is born!  Just a few short months to go...children are a gift!" 

44 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

I read that quote a few years ago, and it really helped put in perspective what I believed in my heart.  I lean towards probirth (but also understand why abortion is necessary), and it really saddens me when I read about fellow Christians who are all about defunding planned parenthood, but protest welfare/social security programs, and are silent on the refugee ban :/  To me, their protests against abortion is political/anti feminist, not religious.

Rest assured, we ALL lean towards probirth, but understand why abortion is necessary. "All" meaning all pro-choice people.  I would bet virtually no one, even the most radical feminist, actually wants to deliberately push people towards abortion if the woman didn't want it, or could go around saying she likes abortion. 

I don't know why the conservatives seem to think pro-choice want to push people and convince them to have abortions. And because of this when you hear anyone talk about being pro-choice, they seem to feel they have to qualify it with, well I really don't like abortion, I just think it's necessary sometimes. Or, I would never have an abortion, but I understand why people do.  Of course no one likes it!  I hate that it makes pro-choice people defensive.

I hope I'm making sense....

You make complete sense, @anotherone. Abortions are generally  a result of unwanted or unsafe pregnancies. In a perfect world, no one would have abortions, because in a perfect world, birth control would never fail, everyone would use it until they were ready for a child, and sexual assault wouldn't exist. But we do not live in a perfect world. Life happens. People just try to do the best they can, whatever they feel that might be. Not what some asshat with twitter and a bible says they should do.

2 hours ago, amers said:

I hate to say that I kind of like that. Gal is actually a cute nickname but they probably would think it's too feminine for a  boy. 

42 minutes ago, anotherone said:

Rest assured, we ALL lean towards probirth, but understand why abortion is necessary. "All" meaning all pro-choice people.  I would bet virtually no one, even the most radical feminist, actually wants to deliberately push people towards abortion if the woman didn't want it, or could go around saying she likes abortion. 

I don't know why the conservatives seem to think pro-choice want to push people and convince them to have abortions. And because of this when you hear anyone talk about being pro-choice, they seem to feel they have to qualify it with, well I really don't like abortion, I just think it's necessary sometimes. Or, I would never have an abortion, but I understand why people do.  Of course no one likes it!  I hate that it makes pro-choice people defensive.

I completely agree with this. So well put 

Apparently, they plan to go back to Sintral America "soon" and then come back for the baby's birth. 

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/02/dillards-to-return-to-central-america.html?m=1

How will this work logistically? She's 19 weeks (give or take) now, and I thought flying above 24weeks wasn't recommended. She'll stay there for 8 weeks or so doing nothing, getting no prenatal care in the meantime and then come back to have the baby? Wth? 

5 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Apparently, they plan to go back to Sintral America "soon" and then come back for the baby's birth. 

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/02/dillards-to-return-to-central-america.html?m=1

How will this work logistically? She's 19 weeks (give or take) now, and I thought flying above 24weeks wasn't recommended. She'll stay there for 8 weeks or so doing nothing, getting no prenatal care in the meantime and then come back to have the baby? Wth? 

Wow sounds like a typical plan a muffin would make...

11 hours ago, Trapdoor said:
12 hours ago, anotherone said:

Of course no one likes it!  I hate that it makes pro-choice people defensive.

I completely agree with this. So well put 

When people ask, I say, "I want medical abortion to be legal, safe, and increasingly rare." 

FWIW.

~~~~~~~~~

Total change of Jillard topic. 

http://starcasm.net/archives/339398

Was Derick's decision to have this intensive surgery for health reasons or TV appearance, does anyone know?  I thought he had a pleasant, approachable look with his crooked jaw and smile, and lately his teeth look way too big for his mouth and face -- he's a little off-putting looking. JMHO but there it is. 

I'm unfamiliar w the reasons to break a jaw and reset it. Are there health advantages? Or did TV experts (J-BD?) advise it?

TIA, anybody. I feel sorry for the kid -- seems a lot to go thru if there's not s really good health reason. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived