IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I don't think anyone knows why Derick had the surgery. There are definitely medical reasons to do it, but I have no idea if that was applicable in his case. I'm surprised that he scheduled major surgery with a difficult and lengthy recovery for immediately after his wife was supposed to give birth, but I'm guessing they wanted to take advantage of his Walmart medical benefits and get the recovery out of the way before they went to Central America.

I have no idea what police benefits are in different municipalities around the country, but the ones that I'm familiar with here on the East Coast, admittedly in cities from the mid Atlantic north, seem to 'usually' have very good dental benefits for themselves and their families.

Not being well versed on Derrick Dillard's background, and not familiar with when his father died/how old Derrick was, but if it were deemed medically necessary, or even medically advisable, it probably  would have been covered under his father's plan.

Why would he have to have waited into adulthood? Even Walmart has a dental plan for FT employees.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mercer said:

For the record, I don't think Derick is per se passionate about missionary work either. I think he really enjoys travel and living abroad, and he wanted to find some way to get paid for being a professional Christian with opinions rather than putting up with a regular job - and being a missionary seemed like a fun and easy way to accomplish all of that in one tidy package.

I know that sounds cynical, but he just doesn't show much dedication, and his life choices always seem to be about the path of least resistance and/or what's fun for Derick, rather than about trying to put in real service to a cause.

I've often thought the Duggars could be a force for good if they partnered with Habitat for Humanity or similar instead of SOS. They have some building experience, and that many helping hands could make a real difference--if they were busy pounding nails instead of painting them. 

My opinion: If Derick were for real, they wouldn't be living in Arkansas right now. If they truly felt they were called by God to be in CA, they would be making their permanent home there, fully dedicating their lives to their cause and truly opening their hearts to the people. Pregnant or not, Jill would be out there, trying to support their mission, and would not be cowering in her home, afraid of imminent slaughter--where is her faith in God's protection? Don't they constantly spout that God is in charge of even the tiniest minutia in their lives? If that noise hadn't been a shower rack, would it still have been God's will--whatever happened? I'm not saying they should go blindly into a dangerous area and throw caution to the wind, but they don't walk their talk. Their actions constantly contradict their words. 

What do they consider a successful ministry? Performing plays, bribing with candy, ogling orphans, trips to the beach--do they really consider these successes? How is this helpful? Jill couldn't even take learning the language seriously-- she turned her tutor into an ad hoc nanny for Israel. 

1 hour ago, Lizzybet said:

I have no idea what police benefits are in different municipalities around the country, but the ones that I'm familiar with here on the East Coast, admittedly in cities from the mid Atlantic north, seem to 'usually' have very good dental benefits for themselves and their families.

Not being well versed on Derrick Dillard's background, and not familiar with when his father died/how old Derrick was, but if it were deemed medically necessary, or even medically advisable, it probably  would have been covered under his father's plan.

Why would he have to have waited into adulthood? Even Walmart has a dental plan for FT employees.

It's possible that the problem/pain didn't present it itself until he was fully grown. Or maybe his dentist never advised of it when he was a child.

Sometimes orthodontists and orthosurgeons want the person to be a certain age/ have their adult teeth in and fully formed jaw. I had to wait until I was 15 for my braces because that is what my orthodontist suggested, he didn't want me to go through all the pain again later in life. Maybe with him they didn't want to break the jaw and reform it with the chance of it being in the middle of forming so that it could heal without having to worry about it moving later on? Oh hell I have no idea.

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

For the record, I don't think Derick is per se passionate about missionary work either. I think he really enjoys travel and living abroad, and he wanted to find some way to get paid for being a professional Christian with opinions rather than putting up with a regular job - and being a missionary seemed like a fun and easy way to accomplish all of that in one tidy package.

I know that sounds cynical, but he just doesn't show much dedication, and his life choices always seem to be about the path of least resistance and/or what's fun for Derick, rather than about trying to put in real service to a cause.

@Mercer, I just wanted to call attention to your wonderful phrase, "a professional Christian with opinions."

I think that is exactly what many members of this horrible large cultic group want to be.

Certainly Jim-Boob, Meechelle, Bin, Dullard, and Jill all aspire to be professional Christians with opinions.

What else do they ever do, beyond trying to shove their fundamentalist Christianity down people's throats, either in person or via teevee? (well, other than procreating)

So she is going to travel to another country in her 3rd trimester? Brilliant.

I wonder if Derick made this decision. I suppose they feel like they better go somewhere or people will stop clicking their giant DONATE button.

I think surgeons might often want to wait until adulthood with difficult surgery because there's a chance that as the child grows the problem would sort itself out and surgery isn't necessary. Or if the child is still growing after surgery, it might wreck the results and they'd have to do it all over again. If it involves a long and complex recovery that  would interfere with schoolwork and friends and the child's development that might be another reason to wait. And there might be fewer issues with consent and compliance with an adult who understands the reasons, eg. for forbidding certain activities after the surgery.  

18 hours ago, Season of life... said:

I've often thought the Duggars could be a force for good if they partnered with Habitat for Humanity or similar instead of SOS. They have some building experience, and that many helping hands could make a real difference--if they were busy pounding nails instead of painting them. 

My opinion: If Derick were for real, they wouldn't be living in Arkansas right now. If they truly felt they were called by God to be in CA, they would be making their permanent home there, fully dedicating their lives to their cause and truly opening their hearts to the people. Pregnant or not, Jill would be out there, trying to support their mission, and would not be cowering in her home, afraid of imminent slaughter--where is her faith in God's protection? Don't they constantly spout that God is in charge of even the tiniest minutia in their lives? If that noise hadn't been a shower rack, would it still have been God's will--whatever happened? I'm not saying they should go blindly into a dangerous area and throw caution to the wind, but they don't walk their talk. Their actions constantly contradict their words. 

What do they consider a successful ministry? Performing plays, bribing with candy, ogling orphans, trips to the beach--do they really consider these successes? How is this helpful? Jill couldn't even take learning the language seriously-- she turned her tutor into an ad hoc nanny for Israel. 

Maybe a couple of the Duggars have some useful, handy skills, but most of them do not. They do not do anything that requires hard, sustained effort or work because at their cores, they are lazy. Building, caring for others, learning a new language, or seeking a real education all involve sustained work and effort. Nope, not going to happen with most of the Duggars.

On 05/02/2017 at 1:57 AM, Mercer said:

This is a really good point that I hadn't thought of before - but we haven't seen him do anything since he's been back that could even vaguely be described as missions or service.  Even Ben had the football day with the football ministry - we've seen the instagrams of Derick and Jill doing the online Bible study, but I can't remember anything else.  He had that time as a paid substitute teacher, but that doesn't count as 'service' as it's for a wage, and definitely shouldn't be a missions work.

I have no concept of how far the TTH is from any urban centres, or places which run services he could volunteer at, so maybe that hampers him (I'm trying to be kind), but he could be doing all kinds of things online, especially with his Duggar-ed social media platforms.  Things like sharing links to organisations that could help people, or telling people how they could get involved in volunteering - they're actions that are easy to do, but could really help. 

"being a professional Christian with opinions" is the perfect way to describe what he's doing - and while I can't fault him wanting to be paid to travel and explore other countries, and be a professional opinion-haver (my dream job!), he's not even finding ways to do that and work!

I have no concept of how far the TTH is from any urban centres, or places which run services he could volunteer at, so maybe that hampers him (I'm trying to be kind),

@Lurky, you are doing fine at being kind.  The TTH is not far at all from Fayetteville, Arkansas and Springdale, Arkansas,  two growing areas that I would think offer all kinds of volunteer opportunities. For one thing, Northwest Arkansas is becoming something of a retiree magnet, so right there, he could be doing a lot with old people who are starting to decline. 

And even though Northwest Arkansas likes to bill itself as separate from the rest of the skate, there still is poverty, there still are needs. You're absolutely right – – presuming that he's well enough to do something, he could be.

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

For one thing, Northwest Arkansas is becoming something of a retiree magnet, so right there, he could be doing a lot with old people who are starting to decline. 

Save the old people so that they don't burn in hell! And then they leave their worldly goods to Jill and Derrick.

4 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Save the old people so that they don't burn in hell! And then they leave their worldly goods to Jill and Derrick.

This is brilliant. You need your own show, BBP.

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

As a certified old person, keep Derick and Jill away from me. I'm still spry enough to hit them.

I can't believe that they are going back to SCA.  She is going to a rural developing nation to have her VBAC?  I had figured she'd attempt it in NWA and thought she was stupid for not doing it in a hospital but in the jungle?  We obviously don't know their exact location and how far they are from a hospital, but they go on and on about the dangerous place they live.  What happens if she is laboring in the middle of the night and there is actual gun fire outside of their house?  Where will she go?  What was the point in coming back for so long only to return a few months before giving birth?  

I don't have any kids but if I do I want like 4 doctors, 25 nurses, and all the best medical equipment without arms reach. I'm shocked that they're going back to SCA. I didn't think they were that stupid after the almost disaster with Israel. It's just not safe.

They could have stayed in central America last Summer before Jill got pregnant again. 

They could stay in safe America right now, while Jill is pregnant. 

I would be okay with both options. 

But FLYING back now or in a couple of weeks is just stupid, silly, inconsiderate, and what else. It's risky. It's like saying you gonna adopt soon and get pregnant the same time. Oh, wait ... 

Like so many others wrote, i had a higher opinion of derick than of Ben. That is long gone. I mean, i do not have a high opinion of both of them. but at least Ben is not dragging his pregnant wife to a  country from which he thinks it is so dangerous. Hey derick either cintral Murica is a safe enough country for a pregnant wife in her second or third trimester. Or it is as dangerous as you told us the last couple of months. It cannot be both. 

Now that Jessa had her boy, I'm wondering what name Dillard #2 will receive. 

4 minutes ago, season of life said:

Now that Jessa had her boy, I'm wondering what name Dillard #2 will receive. 

If they want a name that works in both America and Central America, my guess is Jesus. That'd make their kid extra special

Maybe they consider going on an SOS mission in the womb a precious season of life for the unborn baby. Ala fetuses have fun missionicationing too! #pro-lifey'all #blessed

In that case Baby Dilly the second needs to get the same educational opportunity as Izzy! And the whole Izzy pregnancy turned out so great they should do everything the same this time around! :irony:

I wonder if the ??? mark cards were for a Jinder guessing game!?

10858382_572715462862107_8404560107450081039_n.jpg

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I can't believe that they are going back to SCA.  She is going to a rural developing nation to have her VBAC?  I had figured she'd attempt it in NWA and thought she was stupid for not doing it in a hospital but in the jungle?  We obviously don't know their exact location and how far they are from a hospital, but they go on and on about the dangerous place they live.  What happens if she is laboring in the middle of the night and there is actual gun fire outside of their house?  Where will she go?  What was the point in coming back for so long only to return a few months before giving birth?  

I suspect that they're only going to Danger America to assist with the Missioncation in March. I doubt they'll be down there longer than two weeks, max. The article even said she was going to give birth back in Regular America, so no worries there. They are very good at being vague and leaving out the most important details. 

They did missioncations with him when he was 4 months old! I think it's just the missioncationers that have an age limit. It appears that Jerick are still employed by SOS in some form. No way that they leave the Giant White Baby (see new title for ME!) at home. 

Am I the only one glad that they are having boys instead of girls? Part of me feels at least their babies won't be forced to wear skirts and spit out babies...but I guess the boys will be forced to "avert their eyes to thy Nike soles" avoid beautiful women "perchance they inspire lust" and actually finance their future wife's addiction to eyeliner and self tanner.

Buy used, save the difference Does this apply to cosmetics or is the standard Wet N Wild eye liner enough?

It just occurred to me that the Jillards are the most worthless Duggar couple.  Now, the Seewalds aren't exactly conquering the world but Bin is supposedly still working for JB as far as well know and he does try and do things with Flame or others in an effort to help the "inner city youth" or whatever.  He's trying.  Josh is busy hiding but is apparently back to selling cars and Anna has 4 little kids at home.  Jeremy is a preacher and they are so quiet on social media and were not featured in People Magazine. Who knows what Jinger is doing but I expect something.  What does Derrick do, exactly???  In SA he attempts to mangle his way through a sermon in Spanish.  In the US he does an occ day working.  Their big plans are going back to CA for a missioncation???  What a waste.  He's got a college education, a young family, and is in his mid 20's.  He's living in a house for free and paying what little bills they have with TLC and People magazine $$.  

1 hour ago, epic fail said:

Maybe they consider going on an SOS mission in the womb a precious season of life for the unborn baby. Ala fetuses have fun missionicationing too! #pro-lifey'all #blessed

In that case Baby Dilly the second needs to get the same educational opportunity as Izzy! And the whole Izzy pregnancy turned out so great they should do everything the same this time around! :irony:

I wonder if the ??? mark cards were for a Jinder guessing game!?

10858382_572715462862107_8404560107450081039_n.jpg

This seems so arrogant of her to flaunt her baby in front of these people. Infant mortality rates have to be high in an undeveloped part of the word (Don't know exactly where they are but they seem to paint it as "third world") so for her to be down there it's basically saying "I have money and fame and will go back to America where I will go it alone for 3 days of labor, mess up, almost die, then hire the best American gringo doctors to fix me and baby, have fun down here with Zika, enjoy your shrunken heads!"

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived