IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

As everyone has said, the Dillards are foolish and selfish on many levels. I just wanted to point out that they call their unborn son "sweet." He's not sweet yet, and may turn out not to be sweet at all.

Except that A) Bristol was well along in her pregnancy with her first child at the time; and B ) it's older mothers that have babies with Down's.

I assume you mean that older mothers have a higher chance of having a child with down syndrome not that they are the ONLY ones.

I actually knew someone who truly had no idea that younger women could have a child with down syndrome. She only found out when she ended up having a baby with down syndrome when she was in her 20's.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of surprised that no one else has brought this up yet, but they say: "After returning home for a short period, we are excited to announce that we are now returning to Central America!" Their definition of a short period is significantly different from mine. They were only in Danger America for 10 months and now they've been home for 6 months. If 6 months is a short period, then they don't really count as "long term" missionaries.

I don't know even where to start with these people. Jill and Derrick I don't think you understand what missionaries really do.  What long term benefits are you providing the people there? Are you digging wells for fresh water? Are you teaching them skills to make money? Dinner and a sermon is not a long term benefit.  When I was a kid my Sunday School class raised money for Unicef one year.  Then for a few years we worked with a larger organization and bought animals for people.  With the animals they could sell things like milk or eggs or wool and then they could eat the animal.  We tried very hard to send more than one animal each year so they could have babies and have real long term help.  But what do I know we were just a bunch of kids.

I find it REALLY weird they just up and left already. Announce it one day and poof they're gone? Something about it doesn't feel right, what else is about to drop that they want to run from? And that they need $24k for?

Maybe Jillymuffin couldn't successfully steal Jessa's spotlight? After all, we have been saying how beautiful and well put together Jessa and Ben's photo shoot was and how unkempt Jill and Derrick have looked in their last several posts...and how tacky their gender reveal was..

Just catching up with the thread. Earlier I saw their blog post and this part really stuck out:

Once a week we go into villages hit hard by violence, and provide various skills training for adults, Bible study, kids programs, and crafts. On average we help over 40 adults and children every week. 

What skills could these two rocket scientists teach other adults? Cooking minute rice?  Their blog made me actually laugh out loud. I do not understand how people just give to them when at this point it is painfully clear they are grifting.

21 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

Maybe Jillymuffin couldn't successfully steal Jessa's spotlight? After all, we have been saying how beautiful and well put together Jessa and Ben's photo shoot was and how unkempt Jill and Derrick have looked in their last several posts...and how tacky their gender reveal was..

Or maybe Jill was able to talk Derrick into sticking around until Seewald Bub #2 was born but no longer than that?

$24K for just four (4) months is $6K per month!!!!! Just...:huh:  :pb_eek:

If I were fundie-style evil, and in a position to fund their mission-cation, I would want a detailed budget in place before bankrolling them. The biggest expense category for them would probably be overhead expenses, like the Dillard's living expenses in El Salvador. That would include rent, electricity/gas, food/toiletries for them for a month (including diapers), and possibly fuel for a car. I imagine those expenses are cheaper down there when factoring for exchange rates/differences in the cost of living, and that's barring the possibililty that some church is covering the overhead expenses for them...

But once the overhead expenses are accounted for, I'd be curious as to how much $$ is going into the actual mission component of the work, and what types of expenses doing "mission work" entails. If they're paying for tracts, bibles, craft supplies for children, maybe candy (?), or any other items needed to carry out a successful mission (in their opinion only...), I would be curious as to how many of each item they intend to purchase, and what the estimated cost per unit for those items are. Even factoring flying home to give birth (assumimg one trip to Tontitown in the 4 month period), $24K seems like a lot of money. Maybe the Dillards are trying to compile enough $$ to get a jump start on their (hopefully...) hospital bill for when their son is born...

/Speculative rant. Also, I would never give the Duggars money intentionally (although I'm sure some of the occasions I've googled them have inadvertantly contributed to their bottom line...)

If they needed money to fund this "mission" they wouldn't run off before they have the money. They're wanting to be reimbursed after using their own money. 

33 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Just catching up with the thread. Earlier I saw their blog post and this part really stuck out:

What skills could these two rocket scientists teach other adults? Cooking minute rice?  Their blog made me actually laugh out loud. I do not understand how people just give to them when at this point it is painfully clear they are grifting.

No silly it's not minute rice.....it's stir fry .

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Younger women can have a downs baby, but  the risk increases dramatically with advanced maternal age.  I know a woman that had a downs baby in her early 20's.

To me Bristol being the mother of trig unlikely but not impossible. Every family I knew that had a downs related sibling was born to very young parents. Most of the mothers were under 20 and the fathers under 25. Each downs kid was their first. Circumstantial but spending a fair amount of time around those with downs and other mental level disabilities  were the main reasoning behind being childfree. Plus I have all reason to doubt my husband ability to handle those situations even if my MIL disagrees. 

30 minutes ago, Imagine20 said:

If they needed money to fund this "mission" they wouldn't run off before they have the money. They're wanting to be reimbursed after using their own money. 

That's a good point, and logistically speaking, they'd have to front some of those expenses in order to get settled in El Salvador. They can afford to front those expeses themselves too, I'd imagine. They're probably not making huge money being reality tv stars anymore, but very likely its more money than the average person is making. So I'd definitely want to know what kind of expenses I was reimbursing them for (in the alternate universe where I'm an evil fundie "philanthropist", I mean :pb_lol:)

I mean...what kind of funds go into a four (4) month mission-cation that two reality tv stars with one kid can't cover themselves (with possibly help from Jim-Boob?) :my_huh:  Crazy fundie kids and their mission-cationy antics :pb_rollseyes:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived