IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

I'm the mother of an Eagle scout, and grandma to a 1st class scout. Since Derick does not seem to have given much back to the scouts (I don't see him helping with a troop) I don't think he has anything to say about it.

My eagle scout is now a naval officer and they've just been given education on transgender. 

Derick, your cult doesn't approve of boy scouts anyway, or there would have been Duggar eagle scouts instead of ALERT wannabes. Shut up and go away.

ETA How many transgender kids do you think there are who want to be boy scouts? Not even 1 per troop I would guess. Stop being so afraid.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SummerRocks said:

Wow that picture ... seriously ... I think D & J have given up. 

In that pregnancy announcement to Jills parents it was very clear that Jill wanted nothing to do with the fake-ness for the camera, and this picture shows it again. 

D probably isn't feeling well either and I hope they decide to just stay in America.  Izzy seems like a high maintenance child and even though Jill has raised a lot of younger siblings, I bet in the "Duggar cult", those younger siblings had to/were forced to behave better then Izzy currently does. 

The whole Josh fiasco, being outed as a survivor of sexual abuse to the whole world, a traumatic birth, Izzy being a hand full, stuck in a country where you can't even communicate with the people around you, basically sitting around all day waiting for your headship to return, the traumatic "shower rack falling" incident, now being in America and seeing how Jessa has such an easy child and life in Amerca went on without Jill to now having another boy -- yeah I would prob be less then amused with life as well. 

I think Jill & Derrick need to GTFO of Arkansas, move to Oklahoma, or Texas or something, just get away from boob's control, get your own job(s) and raise your family.  Jill's constant competition in keeping up with Jessa and Derrick doing what ever he is or isn't doing, it isn't working for them.  I don't think they enjoy doing the show, I think Jill is OK with it, but I get the impression that Derrick wants away from the madness even if only to create his own madness. It has to be demoralizing for a man who spent several years on his own to know have to answer to a father, and he's resentful of this, 1 because his father is dead, 2. he's a grown ass man he needs to start acting like one and man up an take care of his wife and kid(s).

2 hours ago, Pasta said:

I wonder if the duggar children resigned themselves to deal with their feelings internally and the Bates children resigned themselves to be different than their parents. Like the duggar children said Oh this is my life now but the Bates children said I don't want that for my marriage. Their core beliefs didn't change but maybe the batea didn't want to be cultish

Probably d/t necessity more than anything else, G and KJ seemed to do a better job instilling a need to work for a living beyond the family TV show, and have been successful in that regard. To date, the Duggar parents have failed in that area. Therefore, the 2nd generation Duggars come off looking lazy and entitled much more so than the Bates 2nd generation. I'm not saying anything about any members' beliefs being better than any others, I am only addressing the gumption  shown to get out,  bust hump, provide for themselves, get some sort of education/skills enhancement and the ability to independently support a family. 

The Duggars are in an alternative universe when it comes to life in the real world.

4 hours ago, Pasta said:

The outfit doesn't look (to me) like it would fit Israel.    

I wondered for a brief moment if it was an announcement to say they were adopting a 4 year old boy, given the size of  outfit. Whatever happened to holding up a small baby outfit? 
Weird family..

I've always figured that Jill would be the one out of the girls to toe the family line the most. I see her being a more detached kind of mom like Michelle.

4 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

For a moment I thought they'd actually had it, it was a boy and called Zion.

I really must pay better attention to what I'm reading ;) 

P.S. Is there a reason why Derrick is dressed as Woody from Toy Story?

Because you've got a friend in him.

I'm agreeing with the something being off with the Dillards.

A lot of it could be due to the scandals/medical stuff/adjustment to new culture (or lack thereof), but I do wonder if some of it is just that initial period of infatuation has worn off, and they've realized how little they have in common? And if Jill isn't able to cope with the whole faux missionary schitck, they may not even want the same things anymore. Light speed courtship could be biting them in the arse.

17 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I honestly don't understand the snarking about no shoes. I would never wear shoes inside the place I live. They would just track in all the dirt/germs/grossness from outside.  Shoes are for outside or public places, as far as I'm concerned.  

In the process of catching up on the thread but wanted to comment on this.

I agree, that for someone to not wear shoes in their own home isn't a big deal to me at all. But I, personally, wear shoes almost all day because I have foot pain issues. I purposely have "indoor shoes" though. That way I can keep my feet comfortable without tracking in junk from the outside world. It works quite well.

Though these are the Duggars. They aren't barefoot/shoeless to keep grime out. Because half the time they walk barefoot in public places *shudder.* And this same family lets children walk around on kitchen counters. They are gross.

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Jill and Derrick had very different underlying expectations with how the marriage would play out, I think.

Jill was looking for another male figure to basically fill the role of JB: make decisions for her, keep her safe, provide for her.  She's been kept like a child, and she was looking for more of a parent than a partner.

Derrick was looking for an adult partner, but instead got a girl who was/is unable to function on her own, make decisions, and provide him the adult support he needs.  The guy is clearly not in the best of health and would probably appreciate his wife taking over a bit more.  I'm not sure he has the energy to be a dad to his kids AND his wife.  

This is why the courtship model and the Duggar's whole philosophy is creepy and weird.  These girls are taught to expect their husband to be Daddy 2.0.  First, gross.  Second, a healthy relationship between a parent and a child is very different than a healthy relationship between a husband and wife, even with the strictest gender roles, submission, etc.  What a parent needs and can expect from a child, even an adult child, is VERY different than what a spouse needs and should expect.  

Jill was bathed in the kool aid.  She bought this daddy to husband transfer hook, line, and sinker....but Derrick isn't her dad. I don't think he can give her what she needs, and I don't think she can give him what he needs.  

Well said! I think that she is always on the verge of tears because she waited for "Prince Charming" and the reality of marriage and motherhood is so different than what she expected. Derick on the other hand, seems po'ed  that he didn't get full disclosure of his wife's insecurities and her abuse from her brother.  Both got a crap deal.

I think the newness is wearing off, along with the possible realization that it takes more than a Christian innie and a Christian outie to make a happy, successful marriage. 

Every single time we see someone shoeless in a house, we derail into shoes on vs. off thread drift.  

If there is one thing I have learned from FJ, it's that some people always remove their shoes, some people always keep them on, and some people vary depending on the seasons or circumstances....but EVERYONE feels very strongly about the matter!

16 hours ago, LilahBelle said:

What name goes with Israel?  Jerusalem?  I predict some fucked up Zionist name. 

I think they're going to stick with the theme and give him a "Sintral Amurrican" name. Or start naming their kids after pro-life heros. 

I hate socks. Like I can't stand the feeling of socks at all, especially old ones. So I tend to take my shoes and socks off as soon as I am able. That being said I'd probably through some on if I was about to be photographed for a magazine.

15 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

Honestly, I think they're just disappointed it's a boy.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but during their announcement, they didn't seem all that excited; it looked almost as if they were trying to get themselves excited about it.

I recall not being excited to hear the sex of my child. But basically because it didn't matter either way to me. So I would have felt exactly the same...girl or boy. It wasn't an occasion to jump for joy and act super excited. I went to the anatomy scan (the medically necessary one, not this boutique shit the Duggars do), we saw a penis on the ultrasound, I didn't get super hyped up or excited about it. Maybe the tech thought that was weird? I don't know. I was more concerned to see if he was looking healthy in there. THAT was more exciting to me.

8 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

I'm very distracted by the hanger facing the wrong way. I think Izzy is, too.

I didn't know there was a wrong or right way?! 

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Nope def not! I have digestive problems. Ended up puking a lot tbh from gallbladder problems. And it's not something I would ever let a guy see. That kills the vibe. Hell I didn't even let friends go to the bathroom with me in case I got sick. No bathroom girl talk happened for like a year.

If he knows he has a gag problem, why is he still trying to run? In Arkansas heat? Idiots.

Are you married? Do you plan to be some day? If you have a good one...a marriage can be a very long road full of many health problems. Spouses end up having to deal with grossness sometimes. That's life. If you love someone, it doesn't have to "kill" any sort of vibe. It's just a reality.

I feel like I'm the only person here who can't go without socks. It might be a combination of having hardwood floors and having circulation issues. As for other people, I'm biased because feet freak me out and I don't like seeing them. I don't even like going to the beach because there's feet everywhere.

20 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I recall not being excited to hear the sex of my child. But basically because it didn't matter either way to me. So I would have felt exactly the same...girl or boy. It wasn't an occasion to jump for joy and act super excited. I went to the anatomy scan (the medically necessary one, not this boutique shit the Duggars do), we saw a penis on the ultrasound, I didn't get super hyped up or excited about it. Maybe the tech thought that was weird? I don't know. I was more concerned to see if he was looking healthy in there. THAT was more exciting to me.

I didn't know there was a wrong or right way?! 

Are you married? Do you plan to be some day? If you have a good one...a marriage can be a very long road full of many health problems. Spouses end up having to deal with grossness sometimes. That's life. If you love someone, it doesn't have to "kill" any sort of vibe. It's just a reality.

This.

Case in point, DH had the runs on our honeymoon. We'd been married 24 hours . I was in the fancy suite tub and he was on the toilet. 

Marriage IS gross. BUt it's all good.

I can't relate to Jill's need of a daddy instead of a husband.  I want a husband who is my equal not some guy to control and lead my life.  

These two epitomize "Hot Mess"

I love socks! How can people walk at home barefoot, it leaves icky feet stains on the floor (lol not sure if you'll get what I mean, sorry English is my second language). For me it's always been socks and slippers at home, barefoot never ever!

25 minutes ago, Stormy said:

I feel like I'm the only person here who can't go without socks. It might be a combination of having hardwood floors and having circulation issues. As for other people, I'm biased because feet freak me out and I don't like seeing them. I don't even like going to the beach because there's feet everywhere.

Me too to all this. Also armpits, hate summertime armpits all over the place.

Jill is really epitomizing that whole barefoot and pregnant look in their Jinder reveal. 

I'm sure the picture was taken by some Duggar family member and not an actual photog from People. With Jinger now in Texas, we have crap photography like this to look forward to...

9 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Good pick up on izzy wearing shoes. I think that's the problem- that on a national magazine spread all three of them are wearing different things for their feet. Nothing for Jill, socks on Derrick and sandals on izzy. That's weird for a magazine photoshoot. Like they couldn't be bothered to try at all. 

I think it's simbolic myself. 'Keep them barefoot and pregnant!'

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barefoot_and_pregnant

10 minutes ago, charmedforsure said:

Jill is really epitomizing that whole barefoot and pregnant look in their Jinder reveal. 

I'm sure the picture was taken by some Duggar family member and not an actual photog from People. With Jinger now in Texas, we have crap photography like this to look forward to...

Jinx!

38 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Me too! I wear socks and slippers until June because of my circulation issues. I think you can wear whatever you want in your own home (my household is no-shoe, personally). With all the weirdness going on in that picture, Jill's barefootedness is the least of my concerns!

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

I think they're going to stick with the theme and give him a "Sintral Amurrican" name. Or start naming their kids after pro-life heros. 

Maybe Donald? Pity these people are so stupid.

BTW, am I imagining that Trump was pro choice in 1999??? 

33 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Maybe Donald? Pity these people are so stupid.

BTW, am I imagining that Trump was pro choice in 1999??? 

Nope, not imagining it. Trump actually had many democratic tendencies in the past.

31 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Nope, not imagining it. Trump actually had many democratic tendencies in the past.

I knew I wasn't going completely mad... 

Although one of the most Liberal (Republican?) Journalists in the Country used to be a part of the Labour (Democratic) party here.

ETA: I know the politics are reversed here so I'm not entirely sure which is which party's equivalent! 

It would more sense to name him after Pence than Trump, but there's already a Michael in the family.... maybe Pence as a first name? 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived