IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

RE: Teeth/appearance stuff (late on this but I worked a weird shift and I'm tired and grumpy so pardon my rant/ramble/rantble)

I have  a mouth full of aesthetically crooked but still perfectly healthy and functional teeth (well, minus a chipped one from my softball days), so I was actually thinking Jill's teeth look better than mine. Many people who spend a great deal of time in the sun will get lines in their skin regardless of age... As to Derick, my sister in law had a similar surgery to him as something about the alignment of her teeth was causing the teeth to loosen from the jawbone... she lost an unhealthy amount of weight (drinking boost and Ensure and eating peanut butter straight from the jar) and like Derick, she was fairly thin to begin with. So I don't necessarily think that him being so thin is solely because of a lack of concern on Jill's part. 

I guess I type all this out because these sort of posts bother me... I didn't quote the post I'm referring to but it's more of the same "let's crap all over the superficial stuff like weight or lack thereof and so-called unattractive smiles!!! Because that's more important than the toxic and restrictive belief system the Duggars and auxiliary Duggars promote!!!!"... there's so much to be said about things like, for example, Derick's Twitter insanity and Jill's inability to function without being glued to Derick's side (as proof that the Duggar way of life does not make successful, functional adults). I just don't feel that the superficial is really necessary. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/6/2017 at 8:59 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

I am too. With 19 kids, you would think you would have 2 that at least look enough to be twins (other than the actual twins obviously) and yet their looks really are varied.

I think, allowing for obvious differences of sex (and make up, or lack thereof) Jessa looks a LOT like Josh.

I've thought so ever since she first matured and before he put on extra weight.

I said something brilliant and then the board crashed. 

part of it was Jill needs to start doing the chalkboard days to be more interesting again otherwise she is a snooze 

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I wish they would do the show in more of a documentary style rather than the fake sitcom thing TLC has going on. Do fewer episodes a season and just follow them and document their lives. Let the subjects tell you about various things they're planning on doing over the next few months and document whatever seems interesting. Ask them real questions, like, "Do you ever worry about how you're going to handle umpteen children?", "Ben, tell us about your educational and career plans.", "Derick and Jill, why is it important for you to be missionaries, what are your long-term goals in that regard?", "Are any of your siblings planning for college or a career?", "How have some of your opinions and beliefs evolved since you became an adult and moved out of the family home?"

The first 3-episode season of Counting On was actually kind of more like that. More serious, more honest, less cutesy, less fake. But I guess TLC doesn't think that would sell, and they're probably right. So instead we get to watch the Duggars take part in all of TLC's various boring field trips and respond to TLC's various ridiculous and inane interview questions ('Texas is the [what] state?'/'What kind of cheese would Jinger be?'). Great.

I'd like to see Frontline do an show on them 

Oh gosh. By commenting on how how different Jill and Jessa look, I think I accidentally helped the thread drift into ranking the older Duggar girls' attractiveness, which was not remotely my intention. (In fact, my post was largely in reaction to those weird comments on Jill's teeth and forehead creases, which I found really inane and out of line). 

Anyhow, please let's turn this thread around. There are much more worthy things to snark on, and quite frankly they are all attractive by any mainstream standards so trying to cut them down over who was #blessed with a slightly better facial structure just seems petty.

I would definitely like to hear more about the younger children.  Jackson and Johanna really pepped up the show when it was 19kac. 

I wonder if Jackson and Johanna are allowed to hang out together any more. Hanny must be in training to take over Jinger's and Joy's jurisdictions.

This might seem super random, but for some reason, Jessa and Jill both remind me of Princess Clara from an old show on Comedy Central called "Drawn Together." (As an adult I find most of the jokes on that show problematic, but teenage me thought it was hilarious...) Jessa and Jill aren't hypochristians in the raunchy way Princess Clara is, but they are still hypochristians for being part of the Duggar grifting/fame-whore machine, so I think that's why they remind me of her. And because they're pretty, like Princess Clara, and have homophobic ideas (also like Princess Clara. :pb_lol:)

tumblr_m8mkmzvCd71qg3y2ao2_500.gif

They're all very pretty. There, that settles it.

Back to Jill and Derick: whenever they talk about Pistol Pete/sending Israel to OSU now, I just figure it's like Jessa's "we want to adopt" talk. They're saying it because it sounds nicer on-camera than "we're going to sit him at the dining room table, hand him a workbook, talk at him about bankruptcy law, and call it a day"/"we're going to keep pumping out kids forever with no regard for our family's finances or well-being".

It made me angry how mucht the emphasis was shown of Israel going to the same college as Derick and becoming Pistol Pete. I'm pretty sure if Israel was a girl noone would even mention that she could go to the same university as her father because she is a girl and Jill didn't go to a college.

Makes me think that girls would be much cheaper to raise than boys. They won't be tempted to go to college as much as  the boys because the emphasis is still not being a mother and homemaker. Plus they do much more unpayed work than their brother in keeping the household and raising their siblings.

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Back to Jill and Derick: whenever they talk about Pistol Pete/sending Israel to OSU now, I just figure it's like Jessa's "we want to adopt" talk. They're saying it because it sounds nicer on-camera than "we're going to sit him at the dining room table, hand him a workbook, talk at him about bankruptcy law, and call it a day"/"we're going to keep pumping out kids forever with no regard for our family's finances or well-being".

Exactly the same thing that I thought. It's cute of them to show Israel as possibly being Pistol Pete. If Derick and Jill continue to be missionaries, they are going to homeschool him and that would make it harder of course, to get into um college. They have no intention of sending Israel to OSU. 

On 7 February 2017 at 5:57 AM, killingxspree said:

Joy is definitely the best looking duggar out of the girls so far. Jill would look better if she weren't so disheveled all the time & ditto for jinger.

Joy really has turned into a beauty. I've always thought that Jill and Jana resemble each other. They definitely do in the hairdo photo.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

perhaps that is why Derick is acting out.  Because he knows deep down his son won't follow in his footsteps and this is how reacts. 

17 minutes ago, withaj said:

Just dropping in to leave this here: :roll:

empty space with a smile says good morning 

or was it to leave your thoughts about Derick 

54 minutes ago, withaj said:

Just dropping in to leave this here: :roll:

Was there supposed to be something other than an eye roll?

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Snip

Makes me think that girls would be much cheaper to raise than boys. They won't be tempted to go to college as much as  the boys because the emphasis is still not being a mother and homemaker. Plus they do much more unpayed work than their brother in keeping the household and raising their siblings.

But with girls, you do need to pay for their hair, makeup, and "modern modest" clothes. They also need braces if their teeth are crooked. After all, you need them to make a good match. 

Now, I need to wash my hands after typing those putrid sentences.

3 hours ago, eveandadam said:

It made me angry how mucht the emphasis was shown of Israel going to the same college as Derick and becoming Pistol Pete. I'm pretty sure if Israel was a girl noone would even mention that she could go to the same university as her father because she is a girl and Jill didn't go to a college.

I suspect it was all talk. I just don't see them sending any of their kids to school....ever.

12 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

They're all cute, because it's their job to be cute.

Except their skin could use some serious help.

5 minutes ago, karen77 said:

It's apparent that no dermatologist ever stepped up to provide free care in exchange for advertising.

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It's apparent that no dermatologist ever stepped up to provide free care in exchange for advertising.

15 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Well, my guess would be it's mostly the wrong make-up choice for their skin type. Also: nutrition and stress levels. They probably don't have the best food they could eat and stress levels are pretty high in that household with all the kids and camera crews  running around. My face would look the surface of the moon if I were in their situation.

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I suspect it was all talk. I just don't see them sending any of their kids to school....ever.

I can't imagine it's likely any child they raise with those beliefs would choose to go to a real college, either. They can claim they won't forbid a kid from doing something, because they won't need to if they scare them off the idea enough at first. Not to mention the fact that not forbidding something is not the same thing as encouraging it. 

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Well, my guess would be it's mostly the wrong make-up choice for their skin type. Also: nutrition and stress levels. They probably don't have the best food they could eat and stress levels are pretty high in that household with all the kids and camera crews  running around. My face would look the surface of the moon if I were in their situation.

According to many, the Duggars are multimillionaires. They do not have jobs that they go to every day. There are no schools, friends, extracurricular or enrichment activities. There are man, many adults on hand.

There is no reason that real, nutritional, fresh food can not be purchased, prepared  and served 3 times a day.

They are lazy.

Any stress that they might have, has been brought on by their own poor choices.

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

According to many, the Duggars are multimillionaires. They do not have jobs that they go to every day. There are no schools, friends, extracurricular or enrichment activities. There are man, many adults on hand.

There is no reason that real, nutritional, fresh food can not be purchased, prepared  and served 3 times a day.

They are lazy.

Any stress that they might have, has been brought on by their own poor choices.

I just started the Whole30 - real, nutritious, fresh food is really expensive!  I can't imagine feeding 21 people on an ongoing basis.  Although they probably have more choices regarding local farms/etc, as I live in the frozen tundra and so I have to buy from grocery stores.

I do have empathy for the kids in this situation, they have not had a choice in what they are fed, that came from their parents.

12 hours ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

This might seem super random, but for some reason, Jessa and Jill both remind me of Princess Clara from an old show on Comedy Central called "Drawn Together." (As an adult I find most of the jokes on that show problematic, but teenage me thought it was hilarious...) Jessa and Jill aren't hypochristians in the raunchy way Princess Clara is, but they are still hypochristians for being part of the Duggar grifting/fame-whore machine, so I think that's why they remind me of her. And because they're pretty, like Princess Clara, and have homophobic ideas (also like Princess Clara. :pb_lol:)

tumblr_m8mkmzvCd71qg3y2ao2_500.gif

Oh my goodness, I remembered seeing a couple clips of that show online. I recall the elf (Xander?) had a gag about an ex-flame named Craig.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived