IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

When our kids were home, the kids were a priority...but for many years it was insane. Teenagers, a sick mother, a sick husband and granddaughters, a career all made me feel like there wasn't enough of me to go around. 

Now...the kids are on their own, the granddaughters are back with their father, the mother is deceased and the husband isn't sick anymore. So, we're enjoying our empty little nest...just us and the cats. 

About spouses and illness...hubby and I have been through the wringer with illnesses and injuries...we've seen each other in some of the worst situations imaginable and well...here we are...

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the, "my kids are old enough to save themselves" perspective, well, maybe so and maybe no.

This actually happened. Friends of ours had a house fire. Luckily, the smoke detector went off, everyone was alerted in time, but the mama CARRIED her daughters out of the house. Her husband was telling her, "It's ok, they can walk" but she carried them. They were 18 and 21, and she carried them both from their bedrooms out of the house. There was nothing going to stop her protecting her babies. 

He laughed about it later, but she kind of bristled and defended herself. She said maternal instinct just took over.

8 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

::HUGS::

i feel you. I had gallbladder issues for almost two years before I finally got it taken out. I was better for like 2 months before I got pregnant and started vomiting from hyperemesis. Not sexy at all. Fortunately, DH and I had been together 10 years by that point and there's not a lot of mystery anymore. :pb_lol:

It was just bad. Like I love my friends, I didn't want them to see lettuce come back up. The vomiting was awful. I'm so relieved it stopped.

My parents were always putting themselves first- and when I say themselves I mean they as individuals. They were both selfish in their marriage and parenting. It took its toll on me and my sisters. They divorced when I was 11 and for about a year or two during the transition they were actually good parents...then we got older and could take care of ourselves so they went back to being selfish. I don't ever want my marriage to look like any of my parent's relationships and I don't plan on making their same parenting mistakes. If we are ever lucky enough to have children, my husband and I will put our marriage first, kids second.  And it would be a very close second for the kids.

The scary thing about Cathy (and really, the rest of her spawn) is that she's too stupid to even consider another view. She was given examples in that twitter thread of things that PP does offer and she just stopped commenting and only chose to respond to the more aggressive posters in an effort to make herself look like a victim.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The scary thing about Cathy (and really, the rest of her spawn) is that she's too stupid to even consider another view. She was given examples in that twitter thread of things that PP does offer and she just stopped commenting and only chose to respond to the more aggressive posters in an effort to make herself look like a victim.

This seems to be the go-to when it comes to those who get into fights on the internet. Say something inflammatory with no research and when the shit rolls in, say you're getting bogged down by all the nasty trolls and only reply to those who are the worst and start tone policing (why can't we have a rational conversation? why do you have to be so angry? anger isn't the answer???) them. Next step is nit-pick every single word they use. 

I can't handle that. I am too angry to keep my cool during internet fights, so I just block all those people. In person I do a bit better because I can ask honest questions (why do you believe that? where did that come from? what about this similar scenario? etc.) to facilitate some deeper conversation and they can't really ignore it or pretend it didn't happen.

Now that I know that Jill will have another boy, I was thinking about cute strange names. Had no idea. But then i read an article about Natalie Portman. This reminded me of this film where she played the role of a young girl who gets pregnant and ends up living in a walmart.  She named here girl Americus/Americas (not sure about the spelling) because she wanted her to have a strong name. So my guess for the next dillard baby is Americus. It would be like jesus now (Americus) and then (Israel). 

When I was a child I always wanted to spend the night in a big store where you could buy anything. I did not wanted to go shopping the whole night, i wanted to live there. Being an adult i have to admit: sometimes i still want to do this! 

19 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

Now that I know that Jill will have another boy, I was thinking about cute strange names. Had no idea. But then i read an article about Natalie Portman. This reminded me of this film where she played the role of a young girl who gets pregnant and ends up living in a walmart.  She named here girl Americus/Americas (not sure about the spelling) because she wanted her to have a strong name. So my guess for the next dillard baby is Americus. It would be like jesus now (Americus) and then (Israel). 

When I was a child I always wanted to spend the night in a big store where you could buy anything. I did not wanted to go shopping the whole night, i wanted to live there. Being an adult i have to admit: sometimes i still want to do this! 

Since they want to go with a religious city theme, I'm thinking of Bethlehem- so what about Bethlehem Christian Dillard? Came to my mind immediately :D

I think Solomon is a really good guess. I might go with that too as my guess :). I honestly have no freaking idea about Jessas latest spawn and i give her credit for her ability to garner interest in her boring life bc i am stalking that damn thread like its my job. 

On 2/1/2017 at 3:56 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I'm pretty sure that's just a photo snapped by a family member and sent over to People. They've done that in the past, if I recall. From the quality of the photo, I'd say it was taken on someone's phone (and not a very good phone at that.)

My bet's on Jessa. :pb_lol:

A thought I had about Jills second pregnancy... could she be scared about the birth?

I had a very tramautic birth with my first son. He was large 10lbs 4oz and after many complications i hemorrhaged and lost consciousness, at the time I thought it was for good. 5 years later I became unexpectedly pregnant and I spent the entire pregnancy very detached and depressed. I was sure I was going to die. In hindsight I should have seeked help and reached out for support but the denial was strong.

From what I know about Jill's birth it was probably pretty scary and she could be in denial like I was about the upcoming birth. 

Btw. Second baby was fine and I was fine (planned csection for another 10lb baby)

im sure she is supposed to just trust that god will make it all good but the fear may be there in the background. 

2 hours ago, Scrabblemaster said:

Home is Where the Heart is.

I loved that book because she was poor and lived in Oklahoma, and I was poor and lived in Oklahoma, and that's really all it took to feel like I connected with something in those teen years. Thank goodness for the fictional strong female characters that raised me. 

3 hours ago, Trapdoor said:

A thought I had about Jills second pregnancy... could she be scared about the birth?

I had a very tramautic birth with my first son. He was large 10lbs 4oz and after many complications i hemorrhaged and lost consciousness, at the time I thought it was for good. 5 years later I became unexpectedly pregnant and I spent the entire pregnancy very detached and depressed. I was sure I was going to die. In hindsight I should have seeked help and reached out for support but the denial was strong.

From what I know about Jill's birth it was probably pretty scary and she could be in denial like I was about the upcoming birth. 

Btw. Second baby was fine and I was fine (planned csection for another 10lb baby)

im sure she is supposed to just trust that god will make it all good but the fear may be there in the background. 

Oh yes, she's afraid. And didn't someone post how Jill's already talking about the possibility of having another c-section?

I can not see Jill having an unmedicated home birth, ever. 

Why does Derick's mom go by cldilla?  Isn't she remarried?  In their culture wouldn't it be the norm for her to take her husband's last name? 

There haven't been pics of her new husband in a long time,  could they have separated?  Or is she fame hungry like the Duggars, and using the the Dillard last name on social media in order to get more hits?   

Seems odd to me and while I am glad she is healthy,  she really is an asshole isn't she?

5 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Why does Derick's mom go by cldilla?  Isn't she remarried?  In their culture wouldn't it be the norm for her to take her husband's last name? 

Perhaps her new husband doesn't want to be associated with that hate and the Duggars. :P 

I think going by Dillard would be smart for public image. It's connected to her son. It can also create a separation between public and private, if she uses her husbands on legal documents.

On instagram she goes by Cathy Dillard Byrum and her handle is the same as twitter: cldilla

I think she likes using the Dillard name so she can spout her hate to more people.

LOL, remember when FJ liked Derick more than Ben? Or is that just me? Ben has his faults, but Derick is higher on my shit list. It's sad that transgender boys can now join Boy Scouts.....sad?!? No, sad is when your wife grew up in a household where her brother molested her and then their parents just brushed it under the rug. Sad is when you are involved in a cult where "brothers touching their sisters" is a common problem. Sad is when your wife's favorite book was some 3rd grade reading level Finding Prince Charming BS. Sad is when you go to a dominantly catholic country and tell the most vulnerable that their life is shit because they don't subscribe to the same, legalistic branch of Christianity you believe in.  Fuck you, Derick. 

now I'm glad his looks dramatically faded...........I'm petty lol 

3 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

LOL, remember when FJ liked Derick more than Ben? Or is that just me? Ben has his faults, but Derick is higher on my shit list. It's sad that transgender boys can now join Boy Scouts.....sad?!? No, sad is when your wife grew up in a household where her brother molested her and then their parents just brushed it under the rug. Sad is when you are involved in a cult where "brothers touching their sisters" is a common problem. Sad is when your wife's favorite book was some 3rd grade reading level Finding Prince Charming BS. Sad is when you go to a dominantly catholic country and tell the most vulnerable that their life is shit because they don't subscribe to the same, legalistic branch of Christianity you believe in.  Fuck you, Derick. 

now I'm glad his looks dramatically faded...........I'm petty lol 

:clap: Yeeees. Thank you for saying this.

I was actually just thinking about that today - how drastically my opinion and seemingly many others on FJ's have shifted with regards to Derick vs Ben. With Derick, I just start thinking in expletives, but with Ben, it gets complicated.

And that bothers me too, honestly, because I sometimes suspect that their current use of social media involves at least a small bit of strategic branding with that; they all seem to hold significant portions of the same shitty, stupid, disgusting views, but the specific people who choose to post about it and display that on social media changes depending on where their life events fit on the family's TV show and who we need to focus on in a more positive light. I don't know if what I'm saying here makes sense, but I'm sharing in case anyone else can see what I mean and articulate it better...

We liked Derick more because he was able to shut the fuck up enough during Jill's TV moment (her engagement + wedding + pregnancy - Duggar daughter firsts) while playing up the worldly aspects of himself for the show (white savior travelling but still resembling a normal, albeit racist and bigoted, adult), whereas Ben was the one posting all the stupid bullshit like every damn day. Now the roles are switched - and Derick's just signed up to be the extra vocal one about his arrogant, hateful stupidity, because they're increasingly becoming background characters and SOMEONE has to be the moniker for the political spectrum of the ~silenced~ Duggar cult. We (the hate watchers) need to focus our slightly-less-negative ("positive") attention on the spotlight now, which are Jill's sisters and their courtships/husbands. Derick's just signed up to be the one to make the others more palatable because we can focus on hating him instead and his bullshit makes the others seem relatively likeable and easier to relate to at the moment. Which further explains to me why Ben suddenly needed a token black friend to feature on the show and use to project an image of being an anti-racist preacher, and also why he's not doing those terrible videos as much. It was still about saving the Duggar brand, but also, it's Jessa's time as the first daughter with baby #2 on the way -- her moment to be the main feature of the show. They'll go hard on their bullshit again soon.

Jinger's spotlight is next, but once we get to Joy's time I think we'll all see just how much Jeremy sucks.

1 hour ago, mizandry said:

[snip]

Jinger's spotlight is next, but once we get to Joy's time I think we'll all see just how much Jeremy sucks.

I'm hoping with having to take his congregation and real life responsibilities into account, they'll continue to keep their social media silence

6 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

I'm hoping with having to take his congregation and real life responsibilities into account, they'll continue to keep their social media silence

Oh, I definitely hope so too. It would certainly be ideal for everyone, just maybe not for J'Boob and Michelle (and of course the :leghumper:... oh gosh I've really wanted to use that one).

The cynical part of me just finds it hard to really believe that this current silence isn't just part of the media whore charade with the Counting On episodes. Once we're all done hearing the boring details about preparation for the wedding we already saw, we'll be treated to life post-wedding, and that's when I suspect they, or at least Jeremy, will get started on all the social media preaching. But I do hope I'm wrong on that! I guess we'll see; I can also understand not feeling as cynical, that's just where I'm at by this point.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived