IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

13 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

It would more sense to name him after Pence than Trump, but there's already a Michael in the family.... maybe Pence as a first name? 

Pence is actually a family name for me. Now going on the never ever list, unfortunately. :pb_mad:

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, seasonsoflife said:

Because you've got a friend in him.

Unless you are transgender, LGBQ, divorced, a single mom, unmarried and pregnant, a female working outside the home, a feminist, pro-choice, a believer in Santa Claus, a Liberal, a Democrat, a Catholic, a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Protestant, a Jehovah's Witness, a Mormon etc...etc...etc...to infinity and beyond.

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I recall not being excited to hear the sex of my child. But basically because it didn't matter either way to me. So I would have felt exactly the same...girl or boy. It wasn't an occasion to jump for joy and act super excited. I went to the anatomy scan (the medically necessary one, not this boutique shit the Duggars do), we saw a penis on the ultrasound, I didn't get super hyped up or excited about it. Maybe the tech thought that was weird? I don't know. I was more concerned to see if he was looking healthy in there. THAT was more exciting to me.

I didn't know there was a wrong or right way?! 

Are you married? Do you plan to be some day? If you have a good one...a marriage can be a very long road full of many health problems. Spouses end up having to deal with grossness sometimes. That's life. If you love someone, it doesn't have to "kill" any sort of vibe. It's just a reality.

I was like this too, I remember my doc saying something like don't you want to be surprised? When I said we wanted to know the sex, I looked at him and said "its a baby, its either a boy or a girl, unless it comes out green with gills not sure how I could be surprised, plus I hate waiting. "  

2 hours ago, Pasta said:

I can't relate to Jill's need of a daddy instead of a husband.  I want a husband who is my equal not some guy to control and lead my life.  

These two epitomize "Hot Mess"

I think that Derick also views Jim Bob as a daddy, which makes the whole situation seem extra convoluted and creepy (Jim Bob was Derick's prayer partner when he set the two of them up).

23 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I honestly don't understand the snarking about no shoes. I would never wear shoes inside the place I live. They would just track in all the dirt/germs/grossness from outside.  Shoes are for outside or public places, as far as I'm concerned.  

Ever heard of house shoes? Or house slippers? You could put on shoes for a photo shoot, then take them off. Too much bother for the Dullards. Not surprised, Jill didn't wear shoes or even slippers at her wedding. Classy.

The reason I reacted in the negative to the shoeless photo is because they were posing for a photo that was going in a national publication.   They did so to promote their show, their brand, and their beliefs.  Put a pair of damn shoes on for the photo, brush your hair, make sure you don't have food in your teeth, find a nice background,  and take a few photos til you get one you like.   After that, resume your shoeless life.  Seriously,  make a little freaking effort!  You rely on viewers to support you - do them the courtesy of making a little effort for crying out loud. 

My family never wears shoes inside the house besides slippers. However, if I were Jill, I'd be a little more presentable, especially knowing I'm announcing to desperate gossip magazines and fans. Maybe they're fine with the picture, but it really looks as if they were too disinterested to put in more effort.

No shoes on in our home. Too much dust/dirt would get tracked in otherwise, especially in the summer (haboob season). 

But we'd also gussy up if we were going to be featured in a national publication... not throw on a random cowboy hat with white tube socks.

7 hours ago, Stormy said:

I feel like I'm the only person here who can't go without socks. It might be a combination of having hardwood floors and having circulation issues. As for other people, I'm biased because feet freak me out and I don't like seeing them. I don't even like going to the beach because there's feet everywhere.

You're not!  I'm also kind of weirdly freaked out by feet too.  One plane trip I was in my own private hell when the young very tall guy sitting next to me took off his sandals and bent his knees to rest his feet up on the back of the seat in front of him.  So I had to look at these gross dirty hairy size 14 feet, right near the tray I would have put my lunch on.

The comment sections in all the rags are hillarious. A lot of "How is this news? Pregnancy is all they care about", some Jesus hippie comments, and some rather crude ones about Josh. And a few defensive leg humpers :P

Hmm, we are a family of no shoes in the house.  I'm working on a photo book for our upcoming 25th wedding anniversary and it's amazing how many photos we have with no shoes on.  I could crop our feet out, but meh I'm not bothered.  

Mind you, this is a photo book for our family, with our memories.  If I was putting it online for tens of thousands of adoring leg humpers to drool over, and thousands of sensible people to snark over, you can bet I'd put shoes on.

Do people not wear slippers in the house? No one would ever wear shoes in my house, but everyone wears slippers (sometimes we ask guests to bring them). 

Also slightly because of dog hair/drool/mud/water splashed/etc. Stuff you don't want on your socks. 

Karma, ah okay. I'm from Northern Europe. We wear indoor flip flops and bare feet in the summer. And slippers rest of the year. Or flip flops with socks. 

10 hours ago, Season of life... said:

Unless you are transgender, LGBQ, divorced, a single mom, unmarried and pregnant, a female working outside the home, a feminist, pro-choice, a believer in Santa Claus, a Liberal, a Democrat, a Catholic, a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Protestant, a Jehovah's Witness, a Mormon etc...etc...etc...to infinity and beyond.

You forgot to add cats. :pb_lol:

I am not going to snark about the bare feet, but find some shoes when doing a photo shoot/social media post.  

Thinking about this for a day, I wonder if they had arranged to have the picture taken the same day they found out assuming they were going to be able to announce they were having a girl. That would explain the early timing, not saving it for an episode, lack of preparation with a boy outfit, etc. I bet they had the perfect boho girl outfit all set aside and then had to scramble to find some kid of boy outfit when it wasn't a girl. 

1 hour ago, flycat said:

Thinking about this for a day, I wonder if they had arranged to have the picture taken the same day they found out assuming they were going to be able to announce they were having a girl. That would explain the early timing, not saving it for an episode, lack of preparation with a boy outfit, etc. I bet they had the perfect boho girl outfit all set aside and then had to scramble to find some kid of boy outfit when it wasn't a girl. 

I think with everything they do - it's planned especially if People magazine is there or interviews them. 

They just don't care about appearance 

17 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Every single time we see someone shoeless in a house, we derail into shoes on vs. off thread drift.  

If there is one thing I have learned from FJ, it's that some people always remove their shoes, some people always keep them on, and some people vary depending on the seasons or circumstances....but EVERYONE feels very strongly about the matter!

I feel strongly about other people proclaiming what is presentable or correct for people who are not themselves. The photo is odd and a bit illogical. Not hard to point that out without extrapolating negatively about what other people prefer to do with their feet, floors, and carpets.

I don't really care what they do in there own house or for magazine pictures. But it's bizarre to me that they put absolutely no effort into this photoshoot and the footwear seems to illustrate this based purely on its inconsistency as they are all covered differently. For people without jobs it baffles me as to why they were not able to coordinate nice outfits and appear put together for this family shoot. This is your job now. This is your major priority and focus of life, right? And you can't even be bothered to get an actual baby outfit or look put together as a family?

Derick's backing up his transphobic boy scouts tweet by saying that he doesn't discriminate, he thinks EVERYBODY is sinful and he preaches to everyone equally!!!

That's why he'll party with the bastard who molested his wife as a child, but a little trans boy joining the boy scouts is just soooo sad. #Jesus

You had *ONE JOB* Dillards...literally.

Like everyone else I couldn't care less what they wear around their house. This was a photo shoot of sorts. Cmon!

The Dillards either want to look pathetic on purpose...perhaps calculated to grift new baby stuff or shoes LOL

*OR*

they just don't care anymore. 

I wear socks/slippers in the winter and usually bare feet in the summer. If People magazine showed up, you can be well sure that I would grab a cute pair of flats. Now Jill and Derick might not be bothered, but I can see what people mean about putting in an effort. If they want the show to survive, then they are going to need to do something. Other then throw up.

On 1/31/2017 at 5:23 AM, MotherOfDragons said:

I think Izzy is a rather spirited child, and Jill & Derick are coming to terms with the fact that they may end up with another boy who might be just as active and headstrong.

How old is Izzy now? I know with my boys 15/18 months to 2.5 years was just the hardest thing EVER. They were climbers, they didn't understand "no" yet, and they were just into everything constantly. They napped well and stayed on 2 naps a day for a long time, so when they went to sleep, I'd just drop from exhaustion. It was physically taxing constantly pulling them off shelves (all bolted to the wall, no worries there), and mentally taxing because a 30 second bathroom break meant either putting both of them in a crib or coming out to find them pulling things off a shelf they couldn't reach yesterday but today they could. Around 2.5 years, they finally started understanding "no" and stopping when I asked them too haha. And at the time, we lived in a tiny apartment where they were basically baby gated into the living room for their safety (huge living room, thank god) so distraction only worked a bit because there was never anything new.

So I'd agree that they could just be exhausted by parenting an active little guy who doesn't understand "no" yet.

10 hours ago, Thorns said:

The comment sections in all the rags are hillarious. A lot of "How is this news? Pregnancy is all they care about", some Jesus hippie comments, and some rather crude ones about Josh. And a few defensive leg humpers :P

You could play Comment Section Bingo!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived