IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

I don't think anyone knows why Derick had the surgery. There are definitely medical reasons to do it, but I have no idea if that was applicable in his case. I'm surprised that he scheduled major surgery with a difficult and lengthy recovery for immediately after his wife was supposed to give birth, but I'm guessing they wanted to take advantage of his Walmart medical benefits and get the recovery out of the way before they went to Central America.

Frankly, I think the Dillards are crazy. Derick came back from like 2 years overseas, they got engaged two seconds later, got married, got pregnant immediately, all the while his mother was fighting cancer, Jill had a traumatic birth experience complete with emergency C-section and ensuing recovery, then they had a newborn, at the same time Derick had major surgery, then the molestation scandal came out - these are all huge life stressers. And then they picked up and moved to Central America to be missionaries. When did they even have time to breathe? This is why I'm very sympathetic to Jill's shower rack freak-out. If I were her, I'd be a complete disaster. I'd probably scream and fall apart every time I heard a door creak. I'd still be crying about it months later too, because you know it's not actually about the shower rack.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally now think the Dullards are nuts. Going back to SCA at what, 18 weeks or something....having to come home hugely pregnant......WTH? She clearly would be in trouble if she went into labor early given her previous experience. This doesn't make sense to me. If they were in a large city in SCA with proper medical care, that would be different. 

Why do I even think about it. Because I don't want to read a sad story about it I guess. 

20 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I think they should have waited for the scavenger hunt to air on the show to announce the gender. That'd entice people to watch the show, rather than  tell everyone all the info beforehand and then except them to watch anyway...

This is crazy to me. Isn't Zika still an issue? Why would they willing subject their unborn child to this for a few months of fake missionary work in a language Derrick barely speaks?

Jill had an extremely traumatic birth experience and we know Central America and being away from home is an extremely stressful environment for Jill. That can't be healthy for the family or the baby. 

17 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I personally now think the Dullards are nuts. Going back to SCA at what, 18 weeks or something....having to come home hugely pregnant......WTH? She clearly would be in trouble if she went into labor early given her previous experience. This doesn't make sense to me. If they were in a large city in SCA with proper medical care, that would be different. 

Why do I even think about it. Because I don't want to read a sad story about it I guess. 

I was surprised when I read that they are going back before the baby is born. 

What is the motivation to going back there when heavily pregnant. 

Maybe the "going back" is the same as Jessa saying "we are adopting" 

perhaps a storyline

and this is in the wrong thread - why did Jessa call Sierra her sister? in that post 

Most Airlines defer to doctors for traveling when pregnant. I flew at 37 weeks and no one even stopped to ask me how far along I was.

Regarding the Duhlards, are they just going on one of those tourism SOS missions or are they going back to their house? (I didn't want to give them clicks)

20 minutes ago, nst said:

and this is in the wrong thread - why did Jessa call Sierra her sister? in that post 

she's her "sister in christ"  :pb_rollseyes:

And I'm just going to go ahead and assume that Jill had that artery looked at and the doctors told her nothing was wrong after all, because I can't think of anything more reckless and stupid than going to rural Central America heavily pregnant with a toddler in tow and a heart condition.

I really hope Jill is actually the one pushing to go, because otherwise I think it's incredibly cruel. She's had a lot to deal with in the past couple years, and she seems really sensitive and anxious. There's nothing wrong with that, she probably has other areas of strength, and it's all about finding out what you're personally well-suited to. She didn't seem to be doing much in Central America besides cowering in fear in her house with her son, so what's the point? I'm sure there are plenty of ministry opportunities in Arkansas, and she'd have a much greater impact on people's lives if she were in an environment where she could thrive.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and this is truly what she wants, because the alternative means Derick is the one pushing for this, and he's either oblivious to his wife's needs, or unwilling to compromise for the sake of his marriage and his wife's physical and mental health. Either way it doesn't paint him in a great light.

If they are going on one of those SOS mission trips there are two in the time frame before she's due. One is March 10, 2017 - March 19, 2017 but the application deadline has passed unless they have already signed up. The other is to Africa May 26- June 6

I hope it is just talk and they don't go anyway for Jill and unborn baby's sake

58 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

...these are all huge life stressers. And then they picked up and moved to Central America to be missionaries. When did they even have time to breathe? This is why I'm very sympathetic to Jill's shower rack freak-out. If I were her, I'd be a complete disaster. ...

It does make one wonder who made these decisions. Derick is a college grad, has worked a real job and was missionizing in Nepal. 

Maybe be I tend toward conspiracies, but I get JB & TLC were influential 

I actually don't think JB wanted them to go to Central America. And that's really just speculation on my part, but I'm basing it on his expression when they told him they were going in the teaser for the season of 19K&C that never aired, and also on the fact that he seems to really like to have his family around him - he's talked about his married kids building houses on the compound, and I think he was only half joking. He has no qualms about giving the kids houses to live in, so I think if he had his way he'd have his own little fiefdom in Arkansas with all the married kids and grandkids as his vassals.

43 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I actually don't think JB wanted them to go to Central America. And that's really just speculation on my part, but I'm basing it on his expression when they told him they were going in the teaser for the season of 19K&C that never aired, and also on the fact that he seems to really like to have his family around him - he's talked about his married kids building houses on the compound, and I think he was only half joking. He has no qualms about giving the kids houses to live in, so I think if he had his way he'd have his own little fiefdom in Arkansas with all the married kids and grandkids as his vassals.

He wasn't kidding. They said quite seriously in their first book that they hope the kids will build houses on their land.

10 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

He wasn't kidding. They said quite seriously in their first book that they hope the kids will build houses on their land.

Hmmm….. So how does this fit in with the "Leave and Cleave" I distinctly remember hearing when Josh got married?

13 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I wonder why none of them have yet. Maybe he was thinking just his sons and their wives, or maybe his sons-in-law aren't keen on the idea. I can't really imagine either Derick or Ben wanting to live on the TTH property (no way Jeremy would), but who knows. 

At that time it was probably just a vague fantasy about the future. In real life, JB&M wouldn't pay for houses to be built for all the kids, and the kidults would expect to own the land if they were paying for the house, so it's complicated. Also, the Dillards are flitting back and forth to CA, Josh and Anna probably aren't on solid ground, Jeremy has a job elsewhere, and Jessa claims she doesn't want a larger house for now. JB&M didn't build their dream house until they were almost done having kids, so they knew their needs. They may think that the kids will build permanent houses once they have completed families.

I guess having everyone live on a compound, Morton-style, would up their political clout as block-voters.  Not now, but if JB's dream is that all his kids have 19 of their own, and marry their daughters off early...

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

...actually don't think JB wanted them to go to Central America. And that's really just speculation on my part, but I'm basing it on his expression when they told him they were going in the teaser for the season of 19K&C that never aired, and also on the fact that he seems to really like to have his ...

I'm persuaded!  Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, calimojo said:

what is SCA?

Scary Central America. It's a gag from the Duggars talking constantly about how scary it is for the Dillards in Central America.

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Hmmm….. So how does this fit in with the "Leave and Cleave" I distinctly remember hearing when Josh got married?

I think Josh was and is considered an exception.  I doubt that Jim Bob and Michelle want him living right by the rest of the extended family, given his demonstrated susceptibility to the wiles of the devil. 

IMO, they must have been shitting bricks when TLC offered them shows (shortly after the molestation cover-up) with Josh highlighted on them.  Bet Jim Bob put the fear of Gothard into Josh were he to make one wrong move. 

13 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Apparently, they plan to go back to Sintral America "soon" and then come back for the baby's birth. 

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/02/dillards-to-return-to-central-america.html?m=1

How will this work logistically? She's 19 weeks (give or take) now, and I thought flying above 24weeks wasn't recommended. She'll stay there for 8 weeks or so doing nothing, getting no prenatal care in the meantime and then come back to have the baby? Wth? 

WUT. This is truly shocking to me. I was leaning towards them never going back at all, but was 100% certain they wouldn't go back until after the birth.  I hope they're just going back for a visit, or to pick up the rest of their things. I just keep thinking back to Jill sobbing on that special, talking about how hard it was to live there. she seems SO unhappy there! and also she's pregnant. zika concerns aside, she didn't exactly have the smoothest birth last time - what if that leads to complications as her pregnancy progresses? what if she gives birth early?! maybe she does have access to quality medical care down there, but even if she does - she could barely bring herself to engage with her own doctors here, can you imagine her navigating the medical system in a language she doesn't speak in a country where she's afraid to eat the lettuce?! 

:(

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I don't think anyone knows why Derick had the surgery. There are definitely medical reasons to do it, but I have no idea if that was applicable in his case. I'm surprised that he scheduled major surgery with a difficult and lengthy recovery for immediately after his wife was supposed to give birth, but I'm guessing they wanted to take advantage of his Walmart medical benefits and get the recovery out of the way before they went to Central America.

Frankly, I think the Dillards are crazy. Derick came back from like 2 years overseas, they got engaged two seconds later, got married, got pregnant immediately, all the while his mother was fighting cancer, Jill had a traumatic birth experience complete with emergency C-section and ensuing recovery, then they had a newborn, at the same time Derick had major surgery, then the molestation scandal came out - these are all huge life stressers. And then they picked up and moved to Central America to be missionaries. When did they even have time to breathe? This is why I'm very sympathetic to Jill's shower rack freak-out. If I were her, I'd be a complete disaster. I'd probably scream and fall apart every time I heard a door creak. I'd still be crying about it months later too, because you know it's not actually about the shower rack.

This what happens when you go from being treated like you're 5 years old in the morning and then once that 2nd ring is on that left hand, you're expected to function as a full fledged adult.

Too bad, so sad. Crappy parenting is just that- Crappy parenting of eleventy kids...who look like they are following in their parents' footsteps.

And we all know it's not about the shower rack- I doubt Jill does though.

To go into a country that has high risk of Zika exposure while pregnant is a special kind of stupid.  And since Zika can be transmitted sexually,  it doesn't even make sense for Derick to go on his own.  It is highly irresponsible and I would hope that some of their fans will speak out to them about this and they will listen. 

Hopefully they are just blowing smoke and they will come up with an excuse why they can't go back, just like they talk about adopting but then are never eligible because they are chronically pregnant. 

I will never be able to believe that Jill wants to go live in CA.  I believe she naively thought she did, but I think reality hit the girl really hard.  She is not cut out for it.  And poor izzy, living a rather isolated existence down there with a odd ball Jesus Freak dad and a sad and insecure mom, would not be a good environment for him or their new baby.  Even with just 1 kid,  Jill was shown letting him play in dangerous situations and can you imagine how it will be once she has a baby to tend to also?  Izzy might as well be raised by wolves because they at least seem to have good parenting skills. 

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Regarding the Duhlards, are they just going on one of those tourism SOS missions or are they going back to their house? (I didn't want to give them clicks)

Safe link to click: http://web.archive.org/web/20170205014113/http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/02/dillards-to-return-to-central-america.html

And a safe link to the SOS mission itinerary page: http://web.archive.org/web/20170205014321/http://www.soshope.org/serve-overseas/

There is an El Salvador trip March 10-19, then the month-long trip in July and August that they obviously won't be part of.

For the record, I don't think Derick is per se passionate about missionary work either. I think he really enjoys travel and living abroad, and he wanted to find some way to get paid for being a professional Christian with opinions rather than putting up with a regular job - and being a missionary seemed like a fun and easy way to accomplish all of that in one tidy package.

I know that sounds cynical, but he just doesn't show much dedication, and his life choices always seem to be about the path of least resistance and/or what's fun for Derick, rather than about trying to put in real service to a cause.

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

Izzy might as well be raised by wolves because they at least seem to have good parenting skills. 

Bless you for saying this!  Veering OT but when that disgusting creature called Bethenny Frankel on Real Housewives of NYC boo-hoo'ed about her childhood as being raised by wolves, I wanted to personally tell her to stuff a sock in it. Wolves would hang their heads in shame to produce offspring like Bethenny Frankel. Wolves would show up at vets with neutering requests in their teeth if they thought their pups would grow up to be the candid equivalent of BF. Wolves the world over.... you get my drift. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived