IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

Its probably not popular opinion (I've been on a roll with mine lately ala Tom Brady is not a hero for yesterday's game) but here goes...

On the topic of Derick is a grown man and its not Jill's job to take care of him. I agree, TO A POINT. But then..my hubby has kidney disease and frequently gets stones from too many energy drinks in his younger years. He's managed (knock on wood!) to give up most of his addictive triggers except caffeine and sugar. Compared to drug and alcohol abuse, its hard to argue. Still, when he's had way too much of either one over a day, or a couple of days with little to no water,  I am the first person to tell him NO MORE.  We've had it out in the grocery line when he tries to sneak in things he knows he's not supposed to have.  I also promptly remind him of the excruciating pain he felt pulling out a drain tube after the stones got so bad he needed surgery. His psych meds cause high blood pressure and I have personally called his primary twice and literally dragged him into her office after it shot up to stroke range.

He might well be a grown ass man at 33, but if he's gonna be an idiot, much as it annoys me sometimes, I'm still going to do what's necessary to keep him around for another 30+ years.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Stormy - I think Jill's features are pretty distinctive from the typical Duggar girl. Jill's taller, fairer-complected and has a lankier build and a longer face/features than the others.

I think she and Jessa look the least alike of all the sisters because Jessa represents the opposite extreme of Duggar looks - tanner, darker features, heart-shaped face, fuller cheeks/lips, a more athletic-looking build. But I think Jessa still looks a lot like her sisters, except for Jill. In the picture below, I would never think Jill is related to the other four, but I would definitely think the other four are related to each other.

19-kids-counting_0.jpg

31 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

@Stormy - I think Jill's features are pretty distinctive from the typical Duggar girl. Jill's taller, fairer-complected and has a lankier build and a longer face/features than the others.

I think she and Jessa look the least alike of all the sisters because Jessa represents the opposite extreme of Duggar looks - tanner, darker features, heart-shaped face, fuller cheeks/lips, a more athletic-looking build. But I think Jessa still looks a lot like her sisters, except for Jill. In the picture below, I would never think Jill is related to the other four, but I would definitely think the other four are related to each other.

19-kids-counting_0.jpg

I agree with this, and want to add I think Jill takes after her Dad while the other girls take after their Mom.

I really don't consider Jill ugly at all (well, on the outside).

Joy is definitely the best looking duggar out of the girls so far. Jill would look better if she weren't so disheveled all the time & ditto for jinger.

9 hours ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

Am I the only one glad that they are having boys instead of girls?

I'm glad too because of Jill's insistence that her parents' "safety" plan is the proper and healthy way to handle male/female sibling relationships.

Israel is just a sweet innocent child, and treating him as a potential molester because he was born a boy will surely be hurtful to his heart - but even more than that, it sends a message normalizing molestation and that terrifies me for these children's future. Jill does not seem to get that sexual abuse is an aberration rather than an expectation, and I'm worried that she will inadvertently pass on a message to her children that sexual abuse is okay because in her view it's a factor in ordinary family life.

As long as they have all boys, maybe Israel and his brothers can just be kids and not be treated as criminals in their own home when they've done nothing to deserve it. 

17 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

As a certified old person, keep Derick and Jill away from me. I'm still spry enough to hit them.

... so maybe we don't keep them away then? And we don't warn them you're a spunky one that likes hitting things? :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

I'm glad too because of Jill's insistence that her parents' "safety" plan is the proper and healthy way to handle male/female sibling relationships.

Israel is just a sweet innocent child, and treating him as a potential molester because he was born a boy will surely be hurtful to his heart - but even more than that, it sends a message normalizing molestation and that terrifies me for these children's future. Jill does not seem to get that sexual abuse is an aberration rather than an expectation, and I'm worried that she will inadvertently pass on a message to her children that sexual abuse is okay because in her view it's a factor in ordinary family life.

As long as they have all boys, maybe Israel and his brothers can just be kids and not be treated as criminals in their own home when they've done nothing to deserve it. 

Considering who her parents are, I think it's understandable why she thinks that way. But at the same time -

Jill, honey, you have internet access. Go online and learn a fucking thing or two about what is and is not normal behavior before you open your goddamn mouth.

K thanks!

xoxo

Your Scaly Lord and Savior :dramallama-nanner:

I can't believe I watched the show last night but I was thinking maybe there would be a Jessa baby name update. 

The dullards need some new storylines. Pistol Pete, Cathy survived cancer, dericks dad died super young...I'm probably sounding insensitive but we've heard this all before and it's not exactly riveting tv. However I would watch more Jeremy if I made a habit of watching.  The golf stuff was actually pretty funny. 

I wish they would do the show in more of a documentary style rather than the fake sitcom thing TLC has going on. Do fewer episodes a season and just follow them and document their lives. Let the subjects tell you about various things they're planning on doing over the next few months and document whatever seems interesting. Ask them real questions, like, "Do you ever worry about how you're going to handle umpteen children?", "Ben, tell us about your educational and career plans.", "Derick and Jill, why is it important for you to be missionaries, what are your long-term goals in that regard?", "Are any of your siblings planning for college or a career?", "How have some of your opinions and beliefs evolved since you became an adult and moved out of the family home?"

The first 3-episode season of Counting On was actually kind of more like that. More serious, more honest, less cutesy, less fake. But I guess TLC doesn't think that would sell, and they're probably right. So instead we get to watch the Duggars take part in all of TLC's various boring field trips and respond to TLC's various ridiculous and inane interview questions ('Texas is the [what] state?'/'What kind of cheese would Jinger be?'). Great.

10 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I can't believe I watched the show last night but I was thinking maybe there would be a Jessa baby name update. 

The dullards need some new storylines. Pistol Pete, Cathy survived cancer, dericks dad died super young...I'm probably sounding insensitive but we've heard this all before and it's not exactly riveting tv. However I would watch more Jeremy if I made a habit of watching.  The golf stuff was actually pretty funny. 

One thing that always cracks me up on FJ is how we (myself included) love to make suggestions to TLC on how to improve the show. But clearly it seems to be working for them because they keep the series running, and barely skipped a beat between canceling 19KAC and starting up CO. 

We also like to say how the Bateseseseses are more likable/interesting. But despite the striking good looks of some of the older daughters (Erin and Alyssa in particular), you never see them on the cover of People. 

Not really contributing but I'm just gonna say I'm the daughter of a dentist and I used to work in my moms office when I was younger. So I've looked at a lot of teeth. I think JB and Meechelle is a far better job on their kids dental work then they have on their education. But you can't sell a smart girl to a guy. You can sell a pretty one to someone tho! 

That doesn't sound like what it sounded in my head. I don't mean that guys don't want smart girls, I mean in their circles they want pretty girls without opinions.

My smile tends to change sometimes. One day my lip rolls up and you can see my gums when I grin and the next day they don't. No idea why

I don't really think Jinger looks like any of her sisters except Josie. Jessa, Joy, and Jana do look really similar. I think because they are more of a blend of JB&M, while Jinger looks like Michelle and Jill looks like her dad. Jana, Jenni, and Jeremiah look a lot like Jim Bob's dad.  Jeer doesn't look like any of his brothers.......which no offense, is a good thing for him. 

Also, I really miss how the producers did the whole "we are laughing at you, not with you" when the show first aired. The creation museum is a classic. Maybe they are trying to do that now with the "what is a hype man" type of questions but it's coming off more like they are playing the ditzy-but-cute card. 

On 2/4/2017 at 2:56 PM, picklepizzas said:

WUT. This is truly shocking to me. I was leaning towards them never going back at all, but was 100% certain they wouldn't go back until after the birth.  I hope they're just going back for a visit, or to pick up the rest of their things. I just keep thinking back to Jill sobbing on that special, talking about how hard it was to live there. she seems SO unhappy there! and also she's pregnant. zika concerns aside, she didn't exactly have the smoothest birth last time - what if that leads to complications as her pregnancy progresses? what if she gives birth early?! maybe she does have access to quality medical care down there, but even if she does - she could barely bring herself to engage with her own doctors here, can you imagine her navigating the medical system in a language she doesn't speak in a country where she's afraid to eat the lettuce?! 

:(

Didn't even Pecan Thief come back from wherever he was "preaching" for the third TFDW birth? I know they left again when the baby was what - about a month old? - to go to Australia with the Bateseseseses, but that seems like a much better plan than whatever is going on with J & D if they are actually going back to SCA.

This seems to be ALL about Derick. Jill THOUGHT she wanted to be a missionary and a missionary's wife, but she tried it out and hated it, but has no recourse out of the lifestyle because this is what her headship desires. Fuck you, Derick. You have a college education. You want your son to be Pistol Pete? Get a job, and put him in an actual school one day.

On 2/6/2017 at 10:49 AM, JMO said:

I can't believe that they are going back to SCA.  She is going to a rural developing nation to have her VBAC?  I had figured she'd attempt it in NWA and thought she was stupid for not doing it in a hospital but in the jungle?  We obviously don't know their exact location and how far they are from a hospital, but they go on and on about the dangerous place they live.  What happens if she is laboring in the middle of the night and there is actual gun fire outside of their house?  Where will she go?  What was the point in coming back for so long only to return a few months before giving birth?  

Maybe she couldn't get pregnant in SCA? It's complete speculation, but she seems to hate living there, and that could make it difficult to conceive. I can actually see them being dumb enough (sorry!) to come back to NWA, so she can relax and get pregnant (didn't take that long after they returned to the states) before being back on the "mission field".

14 hours ago, killingxspree said:

Joy is definitely the best looking duggar out of the girls so far. Jill would look better if she weren't so disheveled all the time & ditto for jinger.

I think Joy is cute, but in terms of physical appearance I have always though Jessa and Jana are the prettiest Duggars. 

I think all the Duggar girls are pretty, so it always surprises me when people say this one or that one is ugly. 

If only the interior matched the exterior...

Yup. They're all lovely ladies. I feel like it's kinda weird to judge people on their appearance on an internet forum, but hey, that's just my opinion. However, their beliefs are ugly as sin. We can all agree on that, I think.

I just watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 on HULU.  Jill went to a maternity clinic alone and said she was hoping to use her training to help. After the visit to the orphanage, they said they might come back as a family of 4 or more. They seemed pretty happy then. What happened?

I've seen a couple people in the last few days say/insinuate that Jill isn't attractive, which I find surprising. She has pretty eyes and a sweet, genuine-looking smile.

It doesn't really matter which sister is prettier anyway cuz they've all been taught to be ugly on the inside in many ways.

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Ask them real questions, like, "Do you ever worry about how you're going to handle umpteen children?", "Ben, tell us about your educational and career plans.", "Derick and Jill, why is it important for you to be missionaries, what are your long-term goals in that regard?", "Are any of your siblings planning for college or a career?", "How have some of your opinions and beliefs evolved since you became an adult and moved out of the family home?"

OMG this!!! But we will never get to see it imho. Too deep I think. And would leghumpers approve? 

Besides - I doubt we'd hear any real answers. I would be all fundie talk. Seasons of life, blessings, I desire, you can do anything after homeschool, personal conviction...

1 hour ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

OMG this!!! But we will never get to see it imho. Too deep I think. And would leghumpers approve? 

Besides - I doubt we'd hear any real answers. I would be all fundie talk. Seasons of life, blessings, I desire, you can do anything after homeschool, personal conviction...

Being constantly pregnant for 15 - 20+ years is a damn long season... 

They are all good looking but but I always hear about jessa and jana being the best looking ones which surprises me because I thought it was no contest hands down Joy but eh? I'm not invested in it in any particular one I just wondered if I was the only one who thought so. Jessa reminds me of jim bob for some reason so maybe I'm a little bias,

Anyway back on topic... What the hell is with Derick?? I can't find that talking heads online but I watched it (I was pretty sleepy that day) and even though I was tired it seemed like he was in a really bad mood during the whole thing. I wish I could watch it again to pick out exactly what seemed sooo off about it

21 hours ago, Londish said:

I agree with this, and want to add I think Jill takes after her Dad while the other girls take after their Mom.

I really don't consider Jill ugly at all (well, on the outside).

Honestly I think Jinger is the prettiest, hands down. She reminds me of Kate Middleton. Jessa looks likes a young Angelina jolie. Jana reminds me of Marsha Brady even though they look nothing alike and I just can't get over Joy looking like Rhonda Roussey.  

34 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Honestly I think Jinger is the prettiest, hands down. She reminds me of Kate Middleton. Jessa looks likes a young Angelina jolie. Jana reminds me of Marsha Brady even though they look nothing alike and I just can't get over Joy looking like Rhonda Roussey.  

um no to Jinger 

Jessa yes Angelina Jolie 

Joy looks more like Jessa (same chin, slightly smaller lips, similar eyes and face shape) as she gets older. I think Jill looks the most like Jim Bob but the other girls are a cross between Michelle & Boob...with Jinger looking the most like Michelle. Jessa is the 'prettiest', Jana is a close second

But what can I say; they're all quite pretty, beauty is subjective and I'm ugly so :pb_rollseyes:

30 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Joy looks more like Jessa (same chin, slightly smaller lips, similar eyes and face shape) as she gets older. I think Jill looks the most like Jim Bob but the other girls are a cross between Michelle & Boob...with Jinger looking the most like Michelle. Jessa is the 'prettiest', Jana is a close second

But what can I say; they're all quite pretty, beauty is subjective and I'm ugly so :pb_rollseyes:

They certainly are all beautiful, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder but IMHO Jessa is truly model-level gorgeous. Like I wish I had her beauty. I don't mean to categorize and rank in a negative way but I would say Jessa for 1, Joy 2 and Jana/Jinger tied for 3 and very very closely behind Joy. But all the girls are very blessed. 

IMG_2003.JPG

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived