IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

Well duh, things change JillyMuffin. Will you though? Or are you going to wait 3 days after your water breaks to go in again?

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, flycat said:

Thinking about this for a day, I wonder if they had arranged to have the picture taken the same day they found out assuming they were going to be able to announce they were having a girl. That would explain the early timing, not saving it for an episode, lack of preparation with a boy outfit, etc. I bet they had the perfect boho girl outfit all set aside and then had to scramble to find some kid of boy outfit when it wasn't a girl. 

It said somewhere that they set up a scavenger hunt for the younger Duggars to do in order for them to find out the gender (like how they did a pinata last time). I'm sure someone will see that as an episode of whatever their new show is called

4 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

I think it depends on the ages of the child/children.  When my children were young, I felt as @ClaraOswin does-the children needs come first. But now they're all adults, so now I put ny husband and marriage first most of the time, with the exception of crisises.

I was going to say the same thing.  Is it more because they do need you more, being toddlers?  How do you guys think you'd feel when they're 20 or older?

A guy I worked with, (foreigner from eastern Europe - just to explain that viewpoints could be different), he said a hypothetical question, if you are in a boat and your spouse and sibling fell over the side and you could only save one, which would it be.  He said it should be the sibling because they are not only blood related to you, but in their  mind/memory they carry your whole history of your existence (assuming you are both around the same age), but you could always find another spouse.  It was an interesting perspective, people in the US would never think that way but it was always interesting to talk to that guy.

BTW, @ClaraOswinI think I would also pick the kid over my husband, but it really isn't a "contest" between kid or husband since I would also probably pick the kid over even myself.

11 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Derick's backing up his transphobic boy scouts tweet by saying that he doesn't discriminate, he thinks EVERYBODY is sinful and he preaches to everyone equally!!!

That's why he'll party with the bastard who molested his wife as a child, but a little trans boy joining the boy scouts is just soooo sad. #Jesus

He's getting eviscerated. Poor boy had to backpedal. A lot. And that, my snarker friends, is the definition of a hypocrite. 

eta: I don't think this tweet from Cathy has been addressed. Again, she's a font of misinformation (and got properly reamed). She always uses sketchy, far-right-wing sources to quote. She's totally lost her ability to think critically. 

31 minutes ago, marmalade said:

He's getting eviscerated. Poor boy had to backpedal. A lot. And that, my snarker friends, is the definition of a hypocrite. 

eta: I don't think this tweet from Cathy has been addressed. Again, she's a font of misinformation (and got properly reamed). She always uses sketchy, far-right-wing sources to quote. She's totally lost her ability to think critically. 

The close-minded, anti-women douchieness doesn't fall far from the tree.  STFU Cathy.

21 hours ago, anotherone said:

You're not!  I'm also kind of weirdly freaked out by feet too.  One plane trip I was in my own private hell when the young very tall guy sitting next to me took off his sandals and bent his knees to rest his feet up on the back of the seat in front of him.  So I had to look at these gross dirty hairy size 14 feet, right near the tray I would have put my lunch on.

That sounds like something my brother would do.

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

In my mind, Jill and Derick are more concerned with each other (ala M and JB) than they are about Izzy. Jessa seems more into SES than Ben.

I do not "get" why people who do not seem all that into children or the actual nuts and bolts of raising kids to responsible and successful adulthood (aka able to take care of themselves and function in society) keep having kid after kid. Why punish everyone????

That IS a brainwashed person.

Whenever anyone says "SES" I always think "socioeconomic status." It fits here :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Whenever anyone says "SES" I always think "socioeconomic status." It fits here :pb_lol:

That was my first thought too! I didn't realize that it wasn't actually referring to that until your comment!

58 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

SES where I live is the 'State Emergency Service', so the people/volunteers you call say after a storm and a tree is blocking the road or part of your roof came off.

I can definitely see Jessa volunteering her time for such a good cause!

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

I love it when fundies decide to get on their high horse and get absolutely beaten down. I absolutely love it! Derick, Cathy, Jill, the whole Duggar bunch, all fundies; I love it. It gives me a great feeling and I have an extra bounce in my step. How about you guys get your facts straight and then come back to us. 

21 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Do people not wear slippers in the house? No one would ever wear shoes in my house, but everyone wears slippers (sometimes we ask guests to bring them). 

Also slightly because of dog hair/drool/mud/water splashed/etc. Stuff you don't want on your socks. 

I mostly just wear socks or bare feet indoors... I don't think I even currently own a pair of slippers.  My feet get hot in slippers, plus the dog likes to chew them.  

4 hours ago, anotherone said:

I was going to say the same thing.  Is it more because they do need you more, being toddlers?  How do you guys think you'd feel when they're 20 or older?

A guy I worked with, (foreigner from eastern Europe - just to explain that viewpoints could be different), he said a hypothetical question, if you are in a boat and your spouse and sibling fell over the side and you could only save one, which would it be.  He said it should be the sibling because they are not only blood related to you, but in their  mind/memory they carry your whole history of your existence (assuming you are both around the same age), but you could always find another spouse.  It was an interesting perspective, people in the US would never think that way but it was always interesting to talk to that guy.

BTW, @ClaraOswinI think I would also pick the kid over my husband, but it really isn't a "contest" between kid or husband since I would also probably pick the kid over even myself.

I would also pick my son over myself. No question.

Interesting question about the spouse or sibling. That's a tricky one.

On 1/31/2017 at 10:15 AM, OyToTheVey said:

Nope def not! I have digestive problems. Ended up puking a lot tbh from gallbladder problems. And it's not something I would ever let a guy see. That kills the vibe. Hell I didn't even let friends go to the bathroom with me in case I got sick. No bathroom girl talk happened for like a year.

If he knows he has a gag problem, why is he still trying to run? In Arkansas heat? Idiots.

::HUGS::

i feel you. I had gallbladder issues for almost two years before I finally got it taken out. I was better for like 2 months before I got pregnant and started vomiting from hyperemesis. Not sexy at all. Fortunately, DH and I had been together 10 years by that point and there's not a lot of mystery anymore. :pb_lol:

Between his fuck-shit tweets, straggly hippie-Jesus look and gagging...Derick is the worst husband so far. 

Poor Jill. 

This is such an interesting question to see responses to :)  I agree with previous posters that if I had to save one between spouse and child it would be my child. I think there is an inherent biological drive to preserve our offspring above all else. When it comes to love there isn't really a comparison for me. The way I feel about my husband and son are so different it's almost a different emotion. My husband is my soul mate and best friend in the world, he knows me better than anyone and accepts me as I am. I married him because I want to spend whatever time I have with him, regardless of the kid factor. I hope to raise my son to be a happy, kind and loving person who does good in the world. That means one day he will leave us behind and persue his dreams. I believe a solid married relationship is the best foundation I can give my son because he will grow surrounded by love and acceptance. He will see his mom and dad putting each other first and trying to make a happy home for all of us. If there is discord between Mr. InCharge and I then I don't feel I'm at my best emotionally for my son.

In our minds we are a couple first and parents second because that's what works for our family. My mom divorced my dad when I was 13 and was so much happier after that she became an even better parent. I don't think there is one right answer except that happy parents are probably better parents regardless of relationship status. 

4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

My parents always told us that their priorities were God, each other, and then us.

That sounds like something JB & M would say. 

My parents were so much parents that I was a bit worried about how they would cope when we all moved out. They seem to be doing just fine and enjoy eachothers company though. 

I have actually gotten prenatal care at PP though, I had regular prenatals through them with my 1st.  Wtf point is she trying to make? a certain location may not have the resources to offer it, but not every location does abortions either. Am I being a dumbass here or is she just spouting pro-life bullshit again? 

Our kids are 17 and 20 now, so hopefully they'd both save themselves.

But if it came to a choice between one of them and my husband, I'd save my child.  I would hope that my husband would save them over me too.  They're our children, I went through pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding.  We both have done the sleepless nights, toddler tantrums, incredibly difficult years with our son, and teenage angst with our daughter.  They have their whole lives ahead of them, we would sacrifice the rest of ours for theirs.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:45 PM, LilahBelle said:

What name goes with Israel?  Jerusalem?  I predict some fucked up Zionist name. 

Jericho?  Nazareth?   (For sure, you can count out Sodom and/or Gomorrah)

4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

My parents always told us that their priorities were God, each other, and then us.

If I may ask, (how) did that affect you? 
My parents always made it clear that we (my two younger brothers and I) were their priority, when it came to being there for us and providing us with a good life and good opportunities. However, I don't feel like they (needed to) put their relationship 2nd in order to put us 1st; they just made sure that neither got in the way of the other, and I also think that us being happy strengthened their relationship and vice versa. 
My parents paid (and in my case still pay) for our education, which they started saving up for from the day we were born. They wanted us to be able to get a diploma, so that we had a good foundation to start from and to take care of ourselves. My parents often go to the theatre, and go on weekend retreats together about 5 to 6 times a year, and one longer (three weeks) vacation during the summer, but they always made it clear that as long as we can't provide for ourselves yet, our wellbeing comes first, and that they would prefer to either not go on vacation or look for cheaper vacation offers rather than living it up while knowing one of us is struggling to stay afloat. 
- I’m very well aware that I’m in a privileged position here. My parents always both had jobs, and education here is much cheaper than it is in the USA. However, they assured us that even if they wouldn’t have been able to pay for our tuition, they still would have helped us out in other ways whenever and however they could.

However, I've also met enough people whose parents were only concerned about their own happiness, and couldn’t care less about how their children were going to make it on their own. And none of those parents were in a position that somehow wouldn’t allow them to help out. Actually, I know more people whose parents were struggling to stay afloat themselves, but still tried to help their kids out in any way they could. And I don’t necessarily mean financial help here – just being available to your children emotionally is so important, yet I know so many people whose parents just don’t seem to care. I find that utterly incomprehensible.

I have always known that I have my parents as security if I need it. I know they would do anything if one of us was in trouble, financially or otherwise. That is not something I take advantage of but I realise when reading here that I have been taking it for granted. 

I am very grateful and want to pass that feeling of safety to my own children. 

4 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I would also pick my son over myself. No question.

Interesting question about the spouse or sibling. That's a tricky one.

What if your spouse is the father of your kids?  Losing a sibling is awful but your kids losing a father is worse.

Well, these questions are so sad. I'm not a believer but i pray for never being in such a desperate situation.

I think an adult, mature couple can consider their kids a priority and still have a beautiful relationship. Yes with babies and toddlers life is a mess, no time for yourself, etc, but you can find some me-time. It's not all about clubs and fancy dinners or travels. Maybe you cannot go out at night easily but you can find time for a coffee date or a lunch or a walk with your spouse. And just understand that it's a matter of time you'll have private time again.

Anyway,  I'm not blaming parents who use babysitters in order to have a quiet date. What bothers me is the people who think that the only good moments are without their kids. And sadly, it's too common,

@Melissa1977 you're right. Now that our kids are older, and our son can be left at home without supervision for a day, we have been deliberately spending time together just the two of us.  After years of stressful (and rewarding) parenting when we might have gone out for dinner once in a blue moon, it's so much easier now.  In Sydney you can travel anywhere by public transport for $2.50 on a Sunday, so about once a month we will jump on a train to the city, catch a ferry, and walk somewhere around the harbour.  Or we will go to a local RSL club, have a couple of drinks, and watch the ocean.  It's nice being just us, not parents, for a few hours.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived