IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the latest Dillard- Part 23

samurai_sarah

44 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

What do Jill and Derick do all day with her sisters helping around the house? Seriously though-- Jill, Derick, Ben, and Jessa only have one kid and claim they don't watch TV and only read like Christian books. I've posted this months ago, but I'll post it again-- WHAT DO THEY DO ALL DAY?

I've been home the past 2 weeks on winter break, and since our house is getting renovated we're currently without TV. I'm BORED OUT OF MY MIND (and currently binge watching Survivor on my laptop)

I wonder this too, since it doesn't seem like most of them have any decent hobbies

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

WHAT DO THEY DO ALL DAY?

Watching fixer upper with the baby apparently, per Jessa's instagram. Having no TV doesn't mean they don't watch it, it just makes them hypocrytes or however is written (I honestly don't even feel like checking the spelling today)

I'm with you, I've thought for a long time that the grown kids at least watch on their laptops, if they don't actually own a tv (especially the ones with wedding rings and time on their hands)...

On 12/28/2016 at 2:08 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

As for Jill, maybe she is nauseous from the pregnancy. And really, what do any of the girls have to do since they can't visit "friends" or go out alone or anything. And Michelle, well, what the hell she does with her time no one knows. 

Moochelle mourns her fertility being done.

On 12/26/2016 at 6:40 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I just did a quick google search and AR is 1 of 4 states  that will not allow a VBAC at home, well a VBAC at home to be attended by a Midwife. Which means if Jill has a home birth with even a certified midwife  (or what ever she is) it will be illegal in AR.  so unless she gets a midwife like whats her name who doesn't' care about laws she wont' have ANY even semi trained people there attending her birth.  That is terrifying, while I'm not keen on homebirths, I'm not one to poo poo on on others doing it as long as they have a trained midwife & proper prenatal care. Which we know Jill won't have. 

They're not that far from the Oklahoma border and good ole Venessa IS licensed to practice there. 

I think we all know Jilly isn't going to any hospital. 

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Not a God damned thing. But they were raised to sit around and stare at each other.  I'm sure this is why they both over at the TTH so much, at least with a dozen kids running around there is something to look at besides the walls. 

I think that's why they were so into all those parties like gender reveal parties, etc.  They just seemed so over the top, and like hundreds of people came.  Then all the boys had something to do like nail in flamingoes in the yard and stuff.  Also the projects like the go cart race and building the treehouse or decorating one of the married sister's houses.  They were probably dying for something to occupy their time.

16 minutes ago, anotherone said:

I think that's why they were so into all those parties like gender reveal parties, etc.  They just seemed so over the top, and like hundreds of people came.  Then all the boys had something to do like nail in flamingoes in the yard and stuff.  Also the projects like the go cart race and building the treehouse or decorating one of the married sister's houses.  They were probably dying for something to occupy their time.

I've often thought this. They must be bored. As. Hell. None of them have real jobs or attend school. WTF do they do all day every day? I guess there's a lot more housework and cooking but omg I'd get so bored. And it doesn't seem like any of them enjoy reading. 

1 minute ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I've often thought this. They must be bored. As. Hell. None of them have real jobs or attend school. WTF do they do all day every day? I guess there's a lot more housework and cooking but omg I'd get so bored. And it doesn't seem like any of them enjoy reading. 

How can one enjoy reading when you aren't allowed past maybe six books? 

Hmm wonder if Disney based Rapunzel's limited book selection off fundies. Lol

9 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

How can one enjoy reading when you aren't allowed past maybe six books? 

Hmm wonder if Disney based Rapunzel's limited book selection off fundies. Lol

I will never forget when Jill was asked by kids at that school what her favorite book was and it was that crazy chastity and courtship book!! She's probably never read anything else! 

Maybe they actually do sit around and read the bible and pray all day.

Ahhh....who am I kidding? I couldn't even type that with a straight face...:pb_lol:

And now that Jill is up the stick again, Derrick is probably feeling too virile and manly to help with "girly" chores like cooking and laundry :2wankers: :brainbleach:

I feel like Derick's parents shouldn't have wasted their time calling him Derick. They should have just called him Dick, because he's a huge one.

Ah well, D'ick is what I'll call him from here on out!

9 hours ago, sta_sha said:

Exactly. Jill may not be up to housework right now. But Derick is perfectly capable of passing the vacuum or doing a load of laundry. No way it should fall to Jill's sisters. Usually, I'd have no trouble with sisters helping each other out, but Jill's sisters have enough on their plates running their parent's home. Derick needs to get off Instagram and pick up a dust cloth.

Playing a bit of devil's advocate here. Derick was wearing a Sam's tee shirt in that "Izzy as big brother" picture they posted a couple of days ago. We know the Duggars have strong ties with the place. Could Derick picked up a job there? I'm sure they'd be more than willing to give him time off for filming...and farting around on twitter in the warehouse. 

But of course, he's still not going to come home to cook or clean. Because patriarchy. 

Cathy Dillard's beliefs are so gross. Her retweeting Huckabee's anti Obama post is hilarious. I guess we all know where Derick gets his douchebag from.

11 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Cathy Dillard's beliefs are so gross. Her retweeting Huckabee's anti Obama post is hilarious. I guess we all know where Derick gets his douchebag from.

Lovely. :( I mean I don't know why I'm shocked but I am. 

On 27/12/2016 at 0:53 PM, SuchABlessing said:

Well, considering Jill claims to have been in labor with Izzy for 72 hours, I highly doubt she'd be so lucky to have a quick labor. You can't roll into the hospital with meconium strain and try and tell the doctor that you've only been in labor for an hour.... that's not going to fly.

Jill already has a belly! I'm jealous bc I too am pregnant and due in July and I'm still flat as a pancake. If it wasn't for the ultrasound and how ungodly sick I've been, I wouldn't believe it myself lol 

I had a 26+ hour labour with my first and a 4 or 5 hour labour with my second. Not fast enough to say "whoops, fell out" but still a big difference.

On 28/12/2016 at 3:25 PM, ClaraOswin said:

Thankfully, not all hospitals and doctors are like the ones you describe. There are many that are fantastic. Where you are allowed more freedom in your birth experience. And really, one should know what their doctor is like well before giving birth. So if someone has a crappy OB-GYN who is more about "scheduling"...then they have 9 months to figure that out and find a new doctor. In many cases, people know their OB-GYN for years before even getting pregnant. So it's important to find a doctor you like and trust. I have one who is freaking great.

I see giving birth in a hospital setting basically like having a safety net.

Some women dont have the option of who their OB is. Where i live, its either give birth at the one hospital (i did, it was terrible. I was rushed with my labour, nagged about making too much noise, i didnt even see an actual doctor until the baby was crowning and was activily discouraged from breastfeeding) or with the midwives. The hospital doesnt let you choose your OB (neither did the one i gave birth  to my twins when i went to a different province to avoid crappy hospital) and you get whatever OB is on call that night. The OB doesnt show up until the end anyway to catch the baby, the rest of the time you're with a nurse. The out of province hospital was the same aswell but the experience was better because i had a really great nurse. When i gave birth at the birth centre, i had two midwives following me and always had the choice to change if we didnt mesh but i liked them (although our midwives are strictly regulated) Not that any of this is to stick up for jill and her terrible decisions but i imagine people in smaller or poorer areas have less choices to shop around for OBs. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Playing a bit of devil's advocate here. Derick was wearing a Sam's tee shirt in that "Izzy as big brother" picture they posted a couple of days ago. We know the Duggars have strong ties with the place. Could Derick picked up a job there? I'm sure they'd be more than willing to give him time off for filming...and farting around on twitter in the warehouse. 

But of course, he's still not going to come home to cook or clean. Because patriarchy. 

If Dick is working for sam's I'm guessing Cathy helped with that. The company she worked for was the primary consultant for Sam's. Plus as long as Dick left on the good side of WalMart they might pick him up since he worked for them in the past. 

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

They're not that far from the Oklahoma border and good ole Venessa IS licensed to practice there. 

I think we all know Jilly isn't going to any hospital. 

Until she can't handle it anymore...and then she'll show up at a facility and expect the professionals to make it all better. So irresponsible.

1 hour ago, Chevreuil said:

I had a 26+ hour labour with my first and a 4 or 5 hour labour with my second. Not fast enough to say "whoops, fell out" but still a big difference.

Some women dont have the option of who their OB is. Where i live, its either give birth at the one hospital (i did, it was terrible. I was rushed with my labour, nagged about making too much noise, i didnt even see an actual doctor until the baby was crowning and was activily discouraged from breastfeeding) or with the midwives. The hospital doesnt let you choose your OB (neither did the one i gave birth  to my twins when i went to a different province to avoid crappy hospital) and you get whatever OB is on call that night. The OB doesnt show up until the end anyway to catch the baby, the rest of the time you're with a nurse. The out of province hospital was the same aswell but the experience was better because i had a really great nurse. When i gave birth at the birth centre, i had two midwives following me and always had the choice to change if we didnt mesh but i liked them (although our midwives are strictly regulated) Not that any of this is to stick up for jill and her terrible decisions but i imagine people in smaller or poorer areas have less choices to shop around for OBs. 

That is true that smaller areas definitely have less choices.

Out of curiosity, which state are you located in?

Jill looks so much like Anna in that picture that I thought that someone had done a photoshop face swap.

17 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

American Gothic.

Except it would need to be Jim Bob there instead of Derick.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived