IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the latest Dillard- Part 23

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

The kid at the bottom left of the picture immediately caught my eye. Am I missing something, or has the kid's face been badly photoshopped/edited?

I think it's distorted because someone took a panorama picture. I know if anyone moves while you're scanning the area for the picture it looks really messed up. Just a thought. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Ha! And I thought I was seeing things! It does look like it was photoshopped/edited. But I wonder why? Could it be an M kid and josh in every green? Anna also was turning away from the camera-could very well be a coincidence and prob is since she's watching the kids.

Another thing, if you look to the far left you'll see Jana in the checkered flannel shirt. To the right of her is another girl who my GUESS is a Caldwell girl, the one we've been speculating about being Joe's girlfriend. And right next to her it looks like Joe is standing beside her but it looks like he's been edited too! His head looks messed up and looks really compressed. Hmm I smell something fishy here...

IMG_1735.PNG

Although I'm no expert at these things, and the Duggars have proved time and again that they distort things like timelines and the truth, and I certainly wouldn't put it above them to do the same with pictures, I think it's entirely probable the only thing fishy going on here is that they might have used a fish-eye lens to take this photo... 

11 hours ago, JesusHDuggar said:

JinJer is definitely there. Unless my eyes are seeing things I want them too. Lol

IMG_3276.PNG

I wanna know who this is given that's a downright racy outfit for the TTH, with the skirt ending waaay above the knee! Gasp. The dress also looks really cute!

Is JB giving some sort of speech or something in that photo? You can see tons of chairs set up. Did the Duggar kids have to put on a performance?

1 hour ago, HRM1216 said:

I think it's distorted because someone took a panorama picture. I know if anyone moves while you're scanning the area for the picture it looks really messed up. Just a thought. 

If you look, it seems to me that it could be that his face is partially obscured by the back of a chair. I am a detective, ha ha. 

On 1/1/2017 at 11:35 AM, Destiny said:

What's wrong with this picture? It made me smile. Derrick has been acting so strange that a picture of him still loving and being loving to his wife is a good thing imho. It's candid, they aren't making out, he's just hugging his wife. I see nothing inappropriate.

Did I say there was something wrong with the picture? I made an observation. 

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Is JB giving some sort of speech or something in that photo? You can see tons of chairs set up. Did the Duggar kids have to put on a performance?

Could be that their fabled home church was having a Christmas gathering, & it most likely included some of the kids performing. But since I wasn't there, I obviously can't say for sure. Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the TTH on occasion.

And the lady with the long, blonde hair sitting on the chair in the front of the picture: could it be the famous wedding planner, Sierra Jo? 

16 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

If Jill is experiencing separation anxiety it can be a MAJOR stressor on the partner. Basically the partner or attachment figure is constantly providing reassurance and cannot leave the person alone. It can destroy relationships and people lose jobs because they won't let their partner leave the house etc. 

If Jill is experiencing this its treatable with behavior therapy and the right therapist might even be able to integrate spiritual/faith based advisers to assist. There is a type of OCD in which people become overly obsessed with religious practice and the OCD foundation can refer priests or rabbis who have training/experience in the disorder to provide additional counseling as to what is within their faith based practice and what falls into OCD. Anxiety disorders are related to OCD and treated similarly which is why I draw the comparison, not saying Jill has OCD. Basically I'm hoping that there is someone with baptist background who is also linked into the treatment community who may be able to act as a liaison to help them buy in and even maybe use faith based verbiage in empirically based treatment.

Jill may very well have depression/separation anxiety and/or OCD, but we only see edited fragments of their lives, and I'm going to leave specific diagnosis to a professional who has actually treated her.

IMO, Jill and Derrick are both showing signs of all kinds of unhappiness and while it is possible that one or both of them have mental health issues (I would love for them each to get some counseling to help them get through whatever it is they are going through), both appear to be quite fanatical members of a cult that says that Jesus will fix everything if they believe hard enough/act holy enough, so I'd be surprised if either of them actually gets meaningful professional help.

Also, they could just be doing what a lot of immature people do - acting out or stirring up drama to get attention. I wouldn't put crocodile tears past Jill or faux angry Christian past Derrick.

14 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Snip-                                                And the lady with the long, blonde hair sitting on the chair in the front of the picture: could it be the famous wedding planner, Sierra Jo? 

I was thinking it could be Erin since pa Paine was seen there... 

Was this a Christmas gathering? I thought it was their annual New Year's Eve bash. Sierra was definitely at the NYE party. She had a picture kissing Mark at the TTH at midnight.

6 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Is that Anna standing with her back to the counter, looking away from camera?  You can probably guess why I'm asking?

I know what you mean but my gut instinct is that it's not. Anna's hair is usually artificially curled or naturally straight, this looks naturally wavy and thicker, and this isn't Anna's clothing style. I'm not sure I've ever seen her in trainers, especially for a party, she's got a different look. Anna has glammed herself up, fundie style. The only reason I see it could be her is because she's in the kitchen looking over the little kids.

13 minutes ago, Darwinesque said:

I know what you mean but my gut instinct is that it's not. Anna's hair is usually artificially curled or naturally straight, this looks naturally wavy and thicker, and this isn't Anna's clothing style. I'm not sure I've ever seen her in trainers, especially for a party, she's got a different look. Anna has glammed herself up, fundie style. The only reason I see it could be her is because she's in the kitchen looking over the little kids.

Isn't that what all fundie women do all the time? Well, except for Michelle.

1 hour ago, Kittikatz said:

Jill may very well have depression/separation anxiety and/or OCD, but we only see edited fragments of their lives, and I'm going to leave specific diagnosis to a professional who has actually treated her.

Except a professional will never treat her :( 

Nothing Jesus can't fix. And maybe some time in the prayer closet because mental health issues are a result of sinning, or something :my_rolleyes:

Christ on a cracker, how many metric tons of styrofoam got used during that party?

13 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Is that Anna standing with her back to the counter, looking away from camera?  You can probably guess why I'm asking?

There was a lot of speculation about this on the DFO page! To put that to rest, someone commented saying that it's a picture of her 17-year-old daughter.

3 minutes ago, bluesargent said:

There was a lot of speculation about this on the DFO page! To put that to rest, someone commented saying that it's a picture of her 17-year-old daughter.

Oh dear. Good to know!

On 12/30/2016 at 1:16 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm no Bible scholar, but I never understand how fundies like Derick could take a description of a very self-sufficient woman who makes wise real estate/viticulture investments, helps the poor and needy, manages a household, and runs her own business, and interpret that to hold up subservient, uneducated, childlike women who never leave the house as the ideal woman.

I am a Bible scholar. Amen.

13 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

Have we discussed that maybe C.A. Was too much for Derek too and instead of tears this is his way of freaking out?  Clearly Jill couldn't handle it but what if the same were true for Derek.  He's kinda stuck in it.  Big donations, going on and on about being a missionary.  Without the help of Zika and a pregnancy  everyone would pretty much expecting him to be "back in the trenches". We don't really know the extent of what he was doing in Nepal and whether he had people above him looking out for him.  We all agree he has changed drastically.  Could he be just as traumatized but CA as Jill?

I doubt it b/c he was in Nepal. Reasons he could be stressed though would include: his surgery, stage-5 clinger / separation anxiety Jill, Zika with no BC, kids, etc. He may be trying to figure out how he does what he wants to do with Jill as a wife and 2 kids. He may actually even be OK going back into accounting, but I doubt anyone else around him thinks he 'should' do that (and if he does Jill can't go to work with him). If he is spending hours on Twitter then he is likely either bored or trying to figure out how to get attention to either raise his status internally within the cult or to gain some autonomy.

It is good that they still seem affectionate, but with Jill having Michelle as her mental model, what else would we expect?

On 1/1/2017 at 10:44 AM, zygote373 said:

Whoops. Freudian slip with that photo?

image.png

We were in San Antonio at the Riverwalk to see the lights on 12/29. There were sports fans everywhere for the Alamo Bowl. It was a game between Oklahoma State and Colorado so I kept my eye out for Derick and Jill. Everybody was drinking and partying on the Riverwalk but I thought anything is possible. They would have been really defrauded........hell, I was defrauded and I was sitting at a bar drinking margaritas. I saw a guy wearing the mascot shirt and wanted to ask him if he knew Derick but I got a spousal disapproving look so I just sat sipping my rita.

12 minutes ago, jqlgoblue said:

I doubt it b/c he was in Nepal. Reasons he could be stressed though would include: his surgery, stage-5 clinger / separation anxiety Jill, Zika with no BC, kids, etc. He may be trying to figure out how he does what he wants to do with Jill as a wife and 2 kids. He may actually even be OK going back into accounting, but I doubt anyone else around him thinks he 'should' do that (and if he does Jill can't go to work with him). If he is spending hours on Twitter then he is likely either bored or trying to figure out how to get attention to either raise his status internally within the cult or to gain some autonomy.

It is good that they still seem affectionate, but with Jill having Michelle as her mental model, what else would we expect?

Or just the stress of being stuck at the Duggar compound. He clearly doesn't want to be there, he wants his wife and his son somewhere else, IMO. I don't think he signed up for Jill and her inability to separate from her family. I assume he assumed she would grow up and adjust to not having her parents and siblings around 24/7.  She didn't, 1 because no on has set her down and said GROW THE FUCK UP you are a wife and a mother you need to figure it out.  Boob has raised these kids to be completely and totally dependent on him, and it seems to have worked with Smugger & Jilly Muffin.  Jessa I think would do well away from the compound and I have a feeling Jinger will thrive in TX, and NOT welcome monthly visits from her parents and siblings to make sure she is toting the Duggar line.    

1 hour ago, sansan said:

We were in San Antonio at the Riverwalk to see the lights on 12/29. There were sports fans everywhere for the Alamo Bowl. It was a game between Oklahoma State and Colorado so I kept my eye out for Derick and Jill. Everybody was drinking and partying on the Riverwalk but I thought anything is possible. They would have been really defrauded........hell, I was defrauded and I was sitting at a bar drinking margaritas. I saw a guy wearing the mascot shirt and wanted to ask him if he knew Derick but I got a spousal disapproving look so I just sat sipping my rita.

I ended up making friends with someone who was at OkState ( or wrong OSU in my book) at the same time as Derrick so I had to ask. She would have knew him prior to his dad passing and at least to him he came across normal at that time.

I think Derick is feeling like a headship on a very short, sturdy leash.  He made promises to Jim Bob, has to provide (I'm sure) a ton of emotional support to Jill, and I doubt he can leave her sight for more than half an hour without being checked on.  Maybe he's OK or even happy with this life...but I suspect he sometimes misses his younger, freer days.

4 hours ago, bluesargent said:

Yikes! Poor thing

Enlight1.jpg

Why must everyone assume a woman with extra belly fat is pregnant? It's so freaking annoying to me. It's such a common place to hold onto extra weight. You'd think people would 'get' that by now. 

Even if it was Anna...she's hung onto extra belly weight since her first child so there's no way to know by looking if she's early in a pregnancy or not.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived