IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the latest Dillard- Part 23

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

What's wrong with this picture? It made me smile. Derrick has been acting so strange that a picture of him still loving and being loving to his wife is a good thing imho. It's candid, they aren't making out, he's just hugging his wife. I see nothing inappropriate.

It's nice. I see him and still get skeeved out, though. I'm glad they seem to continue to have an affectionate relationship. Something about him just seems so off. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a nice picture. I don't even mind if that's the return of the mustard sweater everyone (well, not me) hated. Ha!

2 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Whoops. Freudian slip with that photo?

image.png

Sorry, I don't get it. What is wrong with the photo? I'm sure it's really obvious and I just don't see it :my_blush:

Omg and lol at the comments talking about the wonderful deeds many missionaries do. Yes, all those tasks are tremendous and those workers are good people, but the Duggsrs are not workers. The Duggsrs believe that they deserve a TV show, fame and easy money all for screwing and procreating a bunch of kids. Work, no way. 

It's probably not too candid when Jill the stage 5 clinger latched herself into that position two hours before lol.

14 minutes ago, Londish said:

What is wrong with the photo?

I may be answering incorrectly, but I think it's the juxtaposition of "gathering of  believers" with the ad for the Arkansas football game.  Years ago, when we'd get missionaries at our front door, my husband would say we worship at the *Kingdome.   Seahawks football was the extent of our religious experience, lol.  Again, I may be misinterpreting the tweet.

*Sports arena in Seattle, which is now gone.

25 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

I may be answering incorrectly, but I think it's the juxtaposition of "gathering of  believers" with the ad for the Arkansas football game.  Years ago, when we'd get missionaries at our front door, my husband would say we worship at the *Kingdome.   Seahawks football was the extent of our religious experience, lol.  Again, I may be misinterpreting the tweet.

*Sports arena in Seattle, which is now gone.

That's what I thought was funny...I don't think he meant football when he encouraged worship. He has since deleted the tweet and reposted without the photo.

On 12/31/2016 at 11:11 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm oddly glad that you said Derick seems "radicalized". That's pretty much the word I was looking for about his beliefs, but I couldn't put my finger on it. He's a far cry now from the kind of dorky-but-cute accounting professional who bummed around Nepal for a bit and loved to snuggle with Jill. Damn, Central America, what happened?

This is insightful. I wonder if some of this is a coping mechanism. If what we guess of him is true: grew up fundie, maybe became more so once his dad died / mom got sick, pursued JB/a Duggar daughter, etc. It's not too hard to think that a naive kid who is of average intelligence but book smart enough to get an accounting degree from a decent school (I know a few) gets wrapped up in a cult and needs to conform to survive. It isn't too much of a stretch for him, so not trying to let him off the hook, but he probably could have gone either way... I mean his brother seems to have taken the other path.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's probably not too candid when Jill the stage 5 clinger latched herself into that position two hours before lol.

I'm starting to feel bad for making fun of Jill for being clingy. After looking back on things, Jill fits a lot of symptoms of seperation anxiety disorder in adults. It's normally a childhood disorder but given her development without ever being alone it's understandable why it might start in adulthood. The stressors with josh (in childhood and the public fiasco) likely haven't helped.

"[A]dults may experience: wide-ranging separation anxiety symptoms, such as extreme anxiety and fear, when separated from major attachment figures; avoidance of being alone; and fears that harm will befall those close to them. … Separation anxiety disordermay be a neglected diagnosis in adulthood."

The fear of something bad happening to themselves or their attachment figure when they are separated from their attachment figure (Derrick) are the main symptoms. It's paralyzing and obsessive worry to the point that the person will go to any length to not be away from the attachment figure. 

Its not an official diagnosis or anything clearly but something I've been thinking about with Jill lately and wondering if she is getting treatment. There are very good treatments for anxiety disorders and many trained professionals are willing to be culturally sensitive to meet her spiritual needs, even if they aren't primarily faith based. 

Derick has been deleting tweets and reposting them. It's sad he puts so much effort into Twitter and saying certain things.

On 2016-12-29 at 5:11 AM, ClaraOswin said:

So you don't think it would be wise for a woman with Jill's history to go to a hospital for her next delivery?!

I don't understand the anti-male doctor thing either. After having my son, the nurses would have to come in to push on my belly and check my pad for blood (TMI? Eh, whatever.) They asked if it was okay for some nursing students to do it a few times. One was a male nursing student. That didn't bother me at all. (My ob-gyn is also male.) But he definitely seemed a bit uncomfortable with this "rotation" or whatever you call it. It was the beginning of the school year so this was very new for him. I remember thinking that in a few years...I bet very little would make him uncomfortable. (He was also black...so I wonder if the Duggars would freak about that too? Ha!)

During my delivery my midwife had a male student with her. She asked if he could attend and also asked if he could feel something while she was examining me. I had no problem with it, that's how they learn and I figured an extra pair of eyes couldn't hurt. His gender was totally unimportant for me after meeting countless male experts during our ivf years.

There was also a nurse with a student and some other person that probably served some other purpose then dabbing my forehead with a wet towel even though that is the only thing I remember her doing. 

At one point there was also a second midwife in there to give a second opinion on Miniways position. So six people, plus me and Mr. Way. And me refusing to cover myself with a sheet because I was so hot. (As in warm, definitly not the other kind.)

Childbirth really took away all shame in me. Not that I had much to begin with. :)

5 hours ago, Londish said:

Sorry, I don't get it. What is wrong with the photo? I'm sure it's really obvious and I just don't see it :my_blush:

I can tell you what is right about the photo, Hokies beat Arkansas. Not enough believers gathered I guess.

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I'm starting to feel bad for making fun of Jill for being clingy. After looking back on things, Jill fits a lot of symptoms of seperation anxiety disorder in adults. It's normally a childhood disorder but given her development without ever being alone it's understandable why it might start in adulthood. The stressors with josh (in childhood and the public fiasco) likely haven't helped.

"[A]dults may experience: wide-ranging separation anxiety symptoms, such as extreme anxiety and fear, when separated from major attachment figures; avoidance of being alone; and fears that harm will befall those close to them. … Separation anxiety disordermay be a neglected diagnosis in adulthood."

The fear of something bad happening to themselves or their attachment figure when they are separated from their attachment figure (Derrick) are the main symptoms. It's paralyzing and obsessive worry to the point that the person will go to any length to not be away from the attachment figure. 

Its not an official diagnosis or anything clearly but something I've been thinking about with Jill lately and wondering if she is getting treatment. There are very good treatments for anxiety disorders and many trained professionals are willing to be culturally sensitive to meet her spiritual needs, even if they aren't primarily faith based. 

You may be right, but I think Jillymuffin is just an irritating little attention whore who doesn't care where the attention is coming from, as long as it's directed at her. That said, it probably does stem, at least in part, from her childhood, and you are all kinds of right about her needing therapy. Probably for a whole lot of it. Ditto Derrick, cause he seems to be perched on the edge of an abyss of some kind, and I suspect he needs some professional assistance to get himself down. Sadly, I can't see either of them getting the help they so desperately need, cause Jesus.

1 hour ago, season of life said:

Derick has been deleting tweets and reposting them. It's sad he puts so much effort into Twitter and saying certain things.

Derrick is just acting weird AF. I'm starting to wonder what is going on in his head and if anyone in TLC/Duggarland has realized that he seems in need of help, or if they don't care about that, why they dont take his phone away and send him on a course in how not to tweet or screen his tweets before posting so he doesn't further damage the brand with his douchebaggery.

17 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

It's their annual New Year's Eve bash. I see Austin there, Jenny Hartono, and Dr. Paine holding a baby, possibly Brooklyn. No sign of JinJer which is a good thing.

Do the Duggars invite pretty much the same people every year? I don't think I've ever seen the Paine family there, correct me if I'm wrong.Here are some of the pics. I can spot Joy, Anna, Austin's dad, the Caldwells, Jana and some duggar kiddos.

01.JPG

02.jpg

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.png

1 hour ago, Kittikatz said:

You may be right, but I think Jillymuffin is just an irritating little attention whore who doesn't care where the attention is coming from, as long as it's directed at her. That said, it probably does stem, at least in part, from her childhood, and you are all kinds of right about her needing therapy. Probably for a whole lot of it. Ditto Derrick, cause he seems to be perched on the edge of an abyss of some kind, and I suspect he needs some professional assistance to get himself down. Sadly, I can't see either of them getting the help they so desperately need, cause Jesus.

Derrick is just acting weird AF. I'm starting to wonder what is going on in his head and if anyone in TLC/Duggarland has realized that he seems in need of help, or if they don't care about that, why they dont take his phone away and send him on a course in how not to tweet or screen his tweets before posting so he doesn't further damage the brand with his douchebaggery.

If Jill is experiencing separation anxiety it can be a MAJOR stressor on the partner. Basically the partner or attachment figure is constantly providing reassurance and cannot leave the person alone. It can destroy relationships and people lose jobs because they won't let their partner leave the house etc. 

If Jill is experiencing this its treatable with behavior therapy and the right therapist might even be able to integrate spiritual/faith based advisers to assist. There is a type of OCD in which people become overly obsessed with religious practice and the OCD foundation can refer priests or rabbis who have training/experience in the disorder to provide additional counseling as to what is within their faith based practice and what falls into OCD. Anxiety disorders are related to OCD and treated similarly which is why I draw the comparison, not saying Jill has OCD. Basically I'm hoping that there is someone with baptist background who is also linked into the treatment community who may be able to act as a liaison to help them buy in and even maybe use faith based verbiage in empirically based treatment.

6 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

If Jill is experiencing separation anxiety it can be a MAJOR stressor on the partner. Basically the partner or attachment figure is constantly providing reassurance and cannot leave the person alone. It can destroy relationships and people lose jobs because they won't let their partner leave the house etc. 

If Jill is experiencing this its treatable with behavior therapy and the right therapist might even be able to integrate spiritual/faith based advisers to assist. There is a type of OCD in which people become overly obsessed with religious practice and the OCD foundation can refer priests or rabbis who have training/experience in the disorder to provide additional counseling as to what is within their faith based practice and what falls into OCD. Anxiety disorders are related to OCD and treated similarly which is why I draw the comparison, not saying Jill has OCD. Basically I'm hoping that there is someone with baptist background who is also linked into the treatment community who may be able to act as a liaison to help them buy in and even maybe use faith based verbiage in empirically based treatment.

I really am curious now how you can effectively treat OCD that manifests itself through religious practice, especially in someone like Jill, whose community/family would see the signs of faith-based OCD as praiseworthy religious fervor, and signs of separation anxiety as romantic behavior.

If Jill is suffering from anxiety/OCD, I really do feel for her (I've ragged on her in the past about being a Stage Five Clinger, but that isn't her fault -- it's her idiot asshole parents' fault and/or her brain chemistry's fault if she does have a mental disorder). I'm an atheist and I struggle daily with anxiety. I can imagine that in a community that sees mental illness as a moral failing or just denies it, it's even harder.

3 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I really am curious now how you can effectively treat OCD that manifests itself through religious practice, especially in someone like Jill, whose community/family would see the signs of faith-based OCD as praiseworthy religious fervor, and signs of separation anxiety as romantic behavior.

If Jill is suffering from anxiety/OCD, I really do feel for her (I've ragged on her in the past about being a Stage Five Clinger, but that isn't her fault -- it's her idiot asshole parents' fault and/or her brain chemistry's fault if she does have a mental disorder). I'm an atheist and I struggle daily with anxiety. I can imagine that in a community that sees mental illness as a moral failing or just denies it, it's even harder.

The term they use for religious based OCD is called scrupulosity. I've worked in residential centers with Orthodox Jews, Catholics, and Mennonites. It gets to a point where the family and community (including the spiritual leader) cannot handle it anymore and recognizes it to be an illness. OCD has a lot of reassurance seeking, think Ned Flanders constantly calling reverend lovejoy to see if he is praying "right". But it will get to a point where they literally will be asking for 8 hours if they said a pray just right. At that point the community recognizes they need help (hopefully) and treatment centers have experience working with these communities. It's more common than you'd think which is why there are people in faith based roles with this experience that treatment teams work with in conjunction. Like is this a legitimate kosher practice or is this a part of the persons OCD? A treatment team needs an expert to help be a respectable authority and set guidlines for behavior that still respect a persons faith/cultural practice.

2 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Do the Duggars invite pretty much the same people every year? I don't think I've ever seen the Paine family there, correct me if I'm wrong.Here are some of the pics. I can spot Joy, Anna, Austin's dad, the Caldwells, Jana and some duggar kiddos.

01.JPG

02.jpg

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.png

JinJer is definitely there. Unless my eyes are seeing things I want them too. Lol

IMG_3276.PNG

8 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Is this Josh? Possibly looks like his size/weight(?) 

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 12.05.27 AM.png

The kid at the bottom left of the picture immediately caught my eye. Am I missing something, or has the kid's face been badly photoshopped/edited?

26 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

The kid at the bottom left of the picture immediately caught my eye. Am I missing something, or has the kid's face been badly photoshopped/edited?

Ha! And I thought I was seeing things! It does look like it was photoshopped/edited. But I wonder why? Could it be an M kid and josh in every green? Anna also was turning away from the camera-could very well be a coincidence and prob is since she's watching the kids.

Another thing, if you look to the far left you'll see Jana in the checkered flannel shirt. To the right of her is another girl who my GUESS is a Caldwell girl, the one we've been speculating about being Joe's girlfriend. And right next to her it looks like Joe is standing beside her but it looks like he's been edited too! His head looks messed up and looks really compressed. Hmm I smell something fishy here...

IMG_1735.PNG

Is that Anna standing with her back to the counter, looking away from camera?  You can probably guess why I'm asking?

Have we discussed that maybe C.A. Was too much for Derek too and instead of tears this is his way of freaking out?  Clearly Jill couldn't handle it but what if the same were true for Derek.  He's kinda stuck in it.  Big donations, going on and on about being a missionary.  Without the help of Zika and a pregnancy  everyone would pretty much expecting him to be "back in the trenches". We don't really know the extent of what he was doing in Nepal and whether he had people above him looking out for him.  We all agree he has changed drastically.  Could he be just as traumatized but CA as Jill?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived