IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the latest Dillard- Part 23

samurai_sarah

Just watched the Christmas episode of "Call the Midwife". Yes, I know it's fiction, but they delivered babies, brought  clean water to the clinic, and tried to be useful. What did the Dillard's leave in CA to help the people there?

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Derick spends it on social media being a grinch or just a douche. 

Derrick is a grouche.  Never anything more, never anything less.

37 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Except it would need to be Jim Bob there instead of Derick.

Haha I truly wish I had the energy tonight to open Photoshop and make that happen.

5 minutes ago, NewOrleansLady said:

Bonnie and Clyde ?

WTF happened to this dude? He seriously looks like if Jesus loved him some weed. 

As far as what they do all day

Jill - growing a tiny human that makes her ill

Jessa - finishing growing a tiny human and working social media 

Derick - substitute teach?, WalMart/Sams club?, being a dick

Ben - going to school and possibly working part time 

So when did Ben become the better prospect over Derrick?  

For sure I never truly liked Derick, but was Cathy this much of an ass before the cancer?  Because I thought she was going to be the good ifluence in Jill's live, and now she is telling Charlie Sheen to look up to heaven...

For sure I never truly liked Derick, but was Cathy this much of an ass before the cancer?  Because I thought she was going to be the good ifluence in Jill's live, and now she is telling Charlie Sheen to look up to heaven...

Not totally sure if they've always been this way or it's just been a case of laying down with dogs (Duggars), and getting fleas.

There were off putting remarks a few years ago referencing the cancer and God. I wish I could remember what they were... something about being saved because she's a believer in Christ. Which is fine for them to believe, but the way it was worded was gross.

21 hours ago, sta_sha said:

Exactly. Jill may not be up to housework right now. But Derick is perfectly capable of passing the vacuum or doing a load of laundry. No way it should fall to Jill's sisters. Usually, I'd have no trouble with sisters helping each other out, but Jill's sisters have enough on their plates running their parent's home. Derick needs to get off Instagram and pick up a dust cloth.

Derick strikes me as the kind of husband who thinks that housework is beneath him, and he won't do it because why else did he bother to marry?

Ben, I think isn't quite so outright malicious, but more one of those "wait why is the house not magically clean" clueless sorts of dudes.

Jeremy, I think would step up, but would expect a lot of praise and rewards for doing so.

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

ahahahaha perfect screenshot of the Duhlards

tumblr_oihvq19Wqf1vb3sczo2_540.png

I kind of suspect that the Duggars encourages Derrick to get the jaw surgery to "fix" or improve his countenance. Instead I think it has made his appearance dramatically different in a negative way and likely been extremely painful. I wonder if he has resentment or anger for this? I wonder if the long hair is an attempt to balance out his face? 

50 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I kind of suspect that the Duggars encourages Derrick to get the jaw surgery to "fix" or improve his countenance. Instead I think it has made his appearance dramatically different in a negative way and likely been extremely painful. I wonder if he has resentment or anger for this? I wonder if the long hair is an attempt to balance out his face? 

That's been my thought. He looks so much different with the jaw surgery and maybe he's unhappy with the results and is trying to find a way to live with it. Tbh, I thought he was kinda cute in the beginning - the crooked smile and all. Now he just looks .... sad. He reminds me so much of the stoner kids in college, especially in that picture... He could be doing bong hits for Jesus. 

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

What did the Dillard's leave in CA to help the people there?

They gave the people in Central America the greatest gift of all, they left and came back to the USA.

8 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

As far as what they do all day

Jill - growing a tiny human that makes her ill

Jessa - finishing growing a tiny human and working social media 

Derick - substitute teach?, WalMart/Sams club?, being a dick

Ben - going to school and possibly working part time 

So when did Ben become the better prospect over Derrick?  

i am lost - where did Jill post that she is ill and can't cook again 

and why can't Derick do the laundry or whatever by himself opposed to having a jslave come over....

5 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Not totally sure if they've always been this way or it's just been a case of laying down with dogs (Duggars), and getting fleas.

There were off putting remarks a few years ago referencing the cancer and God. I wish I could remember what they were... something about being saved because she's a believer in Christ. Which is fine for them to believe, but the way it was worded was gross.

I think she was always a dick. My husband is in a wheelchair and he can't stand this but I think everybody is  somewhat guilty: People with cancer, other illnesses or disabilities are often seen as "so sweet" for no real reason. She was this sweet lady with cancer who wanted to come to her son's wedding. It was a nice story, so SHE seemed extra sweet.

We only saw her in a couple of THs and it's not like she said anything particularly adorable, but it's not like you're going to lead with "fuck Target and their pro trans policies," "I hate when people exercise their basic right to protest" or "I <3 Trump" on a TV show. Lol!!!

44 minutes ago, nst said:

i am lost - where did Jill post that she is ill and can't cook again 

and why can't Derick do the laundry or whatever by himself opposed to having a jslave come over....

I don't think Jill has outright said she is ill again but our assumption. 

Why derrick can't do it? He has/is a dick?

1 hour ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I think she was always a dick. My husband is in a wheelchair and he can't stand this but I think everybody is  somewhat guilty: People with cancer, other illnesses or disabilities are often seen as "so sweet" for no real reason. She was this sweet lady with cancer who wanted to come to her son's wedding. It was a nice story, so SHE seemed extra sweet.

We only saw her in a couple of THs and it's not like she said anything particularly adorable, but it's not like you're going to lead with "fuck Target and their pro trans policies," "I hate when people exercise their basic right to protest" or "I <3 Trump" on a TV show. Lol!!!

i've never given much thought about this regarding cathy's cancer, but it's something i've thought about when it comes to my MIL - she's in a wheelchair and everybody sees her chair and therefore many people think she is sweet and unassuming, when in fact she's the opposite.

10 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

WTF happened to this dude? He seriously looks like if Jesus loved him some weed. 

I am going to throw this out there, but that picture gave me an idea for a career path for Derick.  Marijuana Dispensary Owner and he could call it "Bong Hits for Jesus" (thanks Mela99, I love that phrase.), after all Arkansas did vote to legalize medical marijuana in this last election.  

10 hours ago, NewOrleansLady said:

Bonnie and Clyde ?

Sonny and Cher?  (in the early years?  the real one smiley one that they did post, he does have a sort of wolfish grin like Sonny used to have...) I'd find links, but I must go to the dentist :(

1 hour ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

People with cancer, other illnesses or disabilities are often seen as "so sweet" for no real reason.

Yup. People don't like to see people like this as normal, regular people.  My husband has a neurological disease and the majority of the time I forget about it.  Even when I don't, I gripe and grumble and argue with him like we always have and I've gotten grief more than once from others "in the know" who think I ought to be a patient and humble martyr.  I would be ashamed if I treated him like a child, not to mention that he'd kick my ass into the next county.  (figuratively)

3 minutes ago, vspielman said:

Yup. People don't like to see people like this as normal, regular people.  My husband has a neurological disease and the majority of the time I forget about it.  Even when I don't, I gripe and grumble and argue with him like we always have and I've gotten grief more than once from others "in the know" who think I ought to be a patient and humble martyr.  I would be ashamed if I treated him like a child, not to mention that he'd kick my ass into the next county.  (figuratively)

Exactly. My husband is a quadriplegic and we get the same. Even though he's a professor and a SUPER opinionated dude, he's certainly no wilting flower. But people with disabilities are not seen as actual people...How often have we heard that "people with Down syndrome are soooo sweet?" His brother has Down syndrome and he has a full real human personality like anyone else, which includes sometimes being a dick. It's actually dehumanizing and ableist though I'm sure people feel they're being "nice."

13 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

ahahahaha perfect screenshot of the Duhlards

tumblr_oihvq19Wqf1vb3sczo2_540.png

Derrick is starting to remind me of the street preacher in the "Black Hole Sun" (Soundgarden) music video. He just needs a longer beard, and a sign that says, "The end is nigh!" and he's set! :evil-laugh:

Jill looks about as sad as a person can look while being smug about it, if that makes sense...

In one of my social work classes we spent a day with a disability. My partner and I used a wheelchair. Interesting to see how we were treated. Sometimes I was ignored completely, like i couldn't order from a menu by myself, other times I was talked to like a child. Then there was the practicality of getting on and off buses, etc.

An eye opening experience.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived