IGNORED

The Invisible Jinger (and Her Preacher Man Jeremy)

choralcrusader8613

That is not a flattering picture of Jeremy. His face looks weird. I am, however, glad Jinge got away for Christmas. That's the first holiday away from the family, and I'm sure it was weird. 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

About Goodwill...

Many of the people they hire that are disabled are often getting other benefits and if they make too much money, they can lose their benefits. So, Goodwill (among other places) will pay less than minimum wage so their workers can keep their benefits also. Goodwill has helped us during our time of broke-ass almost homelessness including paying for hubby's phlebotomy class, including his scrubs, background checks, license fees and gave us gas cards when we were running low on gas (and funds). Because of the program that hubby is in, they will help us for a YEAR to get us/him established and on our feet. 

So...folks might fuss about Goodwill, but without Goodwill, we'd have been screwed on numerous occasions. They also provide support including financial support for woman leaving DV situations, helping homeless get housed, etc. So...don't give a crap what anyone says, Goodwill does shitloads of good things for many people, including us. 

There is no perfect charity, and a nation wide charity like Goodwill, will have good areas and bad areas. I know 2 people who have used Goodwill for help. With charities, you have to see if their good works out weigh their bad policies. 

Ah, so they did travel for Christmas. That had to be weird for Jinger. I'm sure Boob is mad about it. 

On 27/12/2016 at 3:58 AM, socalrules said:

There is nothing wrong with shopping at a thrift shop. My grandma was the queen of thrift store shopping. The clerks would call her when something came in they thought she would like. She and my grandpa made good money, she was an RN, owned their house free and clear, had no debt and a crap load of money sitting in the bank. She loved thrift stores and still had no problem buying a $300 Easter hat from Nordstrom. She had a woman there that called her when new stuff came in as well. Thrift stores were Gradma's jam and she knew how to find the best stuff at them. No shame in that game. I say that as a beneficiary of much of her shopping. I am currently on a mission to find as many different printings of Harry Potter as possible and so far thrift stores have been helpful in obtaining the British versions of the books for around $3 a piece. If I find a cute shirt as well then it comes home with me too. So if I shop there, and I know I likely make way more money than Jeremy, I don't see how he can be above thrift store shopping. 

Socalrules - the UK now has new illustrated Harry Potter books. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter-Philosophers-Stone-Illustrated-x/dp/1408845644 keep an eye out!

If anyone on here lives in the New England/MA area, there's this wonderful store called Frugal Fannie's, in Westwood, MA. It's high-end designer stuff for significantly reduced prices. I regularly get $200 dresses for like $30. There's no way I would be able to afford brands like Anthropologie or Michael Kors otherwise, and they have tons of samples from fashion shows and it's just great.

12 hours ago, trustworthy said:

I'm grateful Jinger got to spend Christmas with Jeremy's family -- a different experience for her, fewer people, quieter I'm assuming.  Perhaps getting to know his brother and sister a bit, talk with them about their careers.   Also perhaps they got to explore fun things in and around Philadelphia in addition to the gardens (City, please!).  Happy for her on those counts.

I hope you're right! I got a little bit sad for a minute that this will probably be the most "free" time of Jinger's life... once the babies start popping out it's just Duggar life all over again. Glad she will at least be able to enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the day.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Ah, so they did travel for Christmas. That had to be weird for Jinger. I'm sure Boob is mad about it. 

I'm surprised we didn't have an earthquake in the area when he found out. 

On 12/27/2016 at 7:33 AM, snickers34 said:

Right??? It's fucking 2016, and you show up talking about how your daughter's gonna sit at home and eat bon bons and shop while my son works a second job to support it, I'd slap his dumb face. But then again, it'd take not much at all for me to find a reason to slap JB's dumb face. 

To be fair, JB doesn't for one second think she'll be eating bon bons and hanging out...He assumes she'll be pregnant within the month. And then it's all over. One after another. 

On 12/25/2016 at 3:42 PM, Kira said:

Ben: music, anti Trump political statement(and other political and religious statements he's made)

Derick: his hair, shorts(the Duggar boys started wearing shorts after Ben and Derick came in the picture)

I don't think any of these things matter, including Jeremy's statements about pants and wine. They still have awful, dangerous beliefs. Are we going to ignore that Jeremy quote(I can't seem to post it)?

I just think the Duggar women will eventually wear pants. 

@allthegoodnamesrgone I'm one of those people who doesn't believe JB is supporting the married couples. I think we underestimate how much TLC pays them. I'm not saying they make Kardashian money, but I think they're fine. If things get bad Derick can use his accounting degree, Ben is getting a degree in Theology. Also do we know for sure that Josh isn't working(I thought he was working at a car lot) or that the Duggars don't have insurance? 

I agree with everything here except that Ben's statements about Trump don't matter. He even made some pretty clear, if simplistic and not exactly eloquent, statements about racism in the church, white supremacy and police brutality. As much as I love to laugh at Binny Boy, that's a respectable, stand-up thing to do, and appears to be something he came to on his own. I've never heard anyone in their family say a word about racism. And I really doubt his family thinks about that either. 

2 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I agree with everything here except that Ben's statements about Trump don't matter. He even made some pretty clear, if simplistic and not exactly eloquent, statements about racism in the church, white supremacy and police brutality. As much as I love to laugh at Binny Boy, that's a respectable, stand-up thing to do, and appears to be something he came to on his own. I've never heard anyone in their family say a word about racism. And I really doubt his family thinks about that either. 

True that Ben does seem a little more socially aware than his family (he's eons ahead of his confederate flag waving sister) but his answer to racism was to be "one in Christ" and some other colour-blind non-solutions. Jeremy gave a similar answer in one on his sermons.

im hesitant to give Ben any praise because he doesn't acknowledge structural issues, hasn't rally had a significant change in thoughtband still lives in the conservative Duggar bubble that endorses a lot of subtle racism. 

8 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

True that Ben does seem a little more socially aware than his family (he's eons ahead of his confederate flag waving sister) but his answer to racism was to be "one in Christ" and some other colour-blind non-solutions. Jeremy gave a similar answer in one on his sermons.

im hesitant to give Ben any praise because he doesn't acknowledge structural issues, hasn't rally had a significant change in thoughtband still lives in the conservative Duggar bubble that endorses a lot of subtle racism. 

I thought in a couple of interviews, he acknowledged that racism was a problem among Christ followers, that we need to not pretend it doesn't exist, and that discrimination was a reason he wasn't voting for Trump. 

I agree that he doesn't provide any good solutions, but Bin is pretty dimwitted. I don't expect him to understand what structural racism even means. I was just surprised he brought it up willingly at all and seemed to believe it was a real thing. 

I am glad to see that Jinger got to spend the holidays in a different manner this year.  On Christmas eve this year my mom and I binged on the second season of Counting  On. (Of course this was inbetween Christmas Vacation & the Family Stone). So much to keep us face palming and laughing. One thing I noticed this time around was the the way Jeremy was standing up to jboob in a quiet way. I had not picked up on it before, but when they are in Jeremy's apartment Jim Boob is being a total asshat as usual and Jeremy is ever so subtle about being in charge. That scene is priceless because none of these suitors have ever stood up to JB. I also noticed in that scene and in the scene in the restaurant where JB tells Jeremy he should get a job (lol) that Jeremy's parents both have a look of "are you fucking kidding me" when ever JB speaks. lol

This episode didn't leave me any less skeptical of Jeremy, but it made me laugh at JB.  I do wonder if this was just a pissing contest between him and JB to put JB in his place or if Jeremy will be this controlling in his marriage. I do hope it is the former.

32 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I am glad to see that Jinger got to spend the holidays in a different manner this year.  On Christmas eve this year my mom and I binged on the second season of Counting  On. (Of course this was inbetween Christmas Vacation & the Family Stone). So much to keep us face palming and laughing. One thing I noticed this time around was the the way Jeremy was standing up to jboob in a quiet way. I had not picked up on it before, but when they are in Jeremy's apartment Jim Boob is being a total asshat as usual and Jeremy is ever so subtle about being in charge. That scene is priceless because none of these suitors have ever stood up to JB. I also noticed in that scene and in the scene in the restaurant where JB tells Jeremy he should get a job (lol) that Jeremy's parents both have a look of "are you fucking kidding me" when ever JB speaks. lol

This episode didn't leave me any less skeptical of Jeremy, but it made me laugh at JB.  I do wonder if this was just a pissing contest between him and JB to put JB in his place or if Jeremy will be this controlling in his marriage. I do hope it is the former.

The Family Stone is one of my all time favourite movies, even if it does make me teary.

30 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I do wonder if this was just a pissing contest between him and JB to put JB in his place or if Jeremy will be this controlling in his marriage. I do hope it is the former.

Jeremy doesn't strike me as the controlling type...but I think it was a pissing contest between them. I think Jeremy is used to being an "Alpha male" in his world and is not about to let that idiot bumpkin become the alpha in his relationship. The exchange between them when idiot is talking about them moving to AR...Jeremy sort of tells him to f-off but not in so many words. I'm sure Jeremy was trying to be nice...but after the wedding the gloves may come off. One hot italian is no match for that idiot. 

7 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Jeremy doesn't strike me as the controlling type...but I think it was a pissing contest between them. I think Jeremy is used to being an "Alpha male" in his world and is not about to let that idiot bumpkin become the alpha in his relationship. The exchange between them when idiot is talking about them moving to AR...Jeremy sort of tells him to f-off but not in so many words. I'm sure Jeremy was trying to be nice...but after the wedding the gloves may come off. One hot italian is no match for that idiot. 

Exactly! Jeremy is definitely an Alpha male but he is very subtle about it.  That episode is one for the books. JB looks like he was about to have a tantrum.

One good thing is that Jinger does get to be out of the spotlight and is living her life away from the tth. It's nice that Jeremy isn't  putting  their  private business everywhere , like JB does with his family. Also nice that the people in Laredo aren't snapping and posting and giving away details as some Duggar fans do.

Just now, GotCaughtDancing said:

JB looks like he was about to have a tantrum.

JB is used to being the one and only alpha male in his little world. His sons and sons in law all bow down and kiss his ass because they are beholden to him for their very living. Jeremy, not so much. He's been independent of his own family for quite a while and his family doesn't seem to be so enmeshed. Maybe that was the big attraction for Jinger...getting out of the shitshow zoo. 

6 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I thought in a couple of interviews, he acknowledged that racism was a problem among Christ followers, that we need to not pretend it doesn't exist, and that discrimination was a reason he wasn't voting for Trump. 

I agree that he doesn't provide any good solutions, but Bin is pretty dimwitted. I don't expect him to understand what structural racism even means. I was just surprised he brought it up willingly at all and seemed to believe it was a real thing. 

Honestly, this sounds like par for the course for many of the Christian dudes in their late teens early 20's that I've ever known.

Sorta like, racism is an "earth" issue but it won't be an issue in heaven. Probably because when they think of heaven they think of everyone being the same race and culture (white) so racism won't be an issue.

Honestly, this sounds like par for the course for many of the Christian dudes in their late teens early 20's that I've ever known.
Sorta like, racism is an "earth" issue but it won't be an issue in heaven. Probably because when they think of heaven they think of everyone being the same race and culture (white) so racism won't be an issue.

Someone once tried to convince me that in heaven everyone would be black, because that's what we were before the flood and that's what we were "supposed" to be.

The idea scared me, not because I think there's anything wrong with being black, but because I'm not. It scared me that God would try to change me into something I wasn't.

Am I the only person that doesn't really like thrift stores?

I have nothing against second hand clothes and stuff. I guess I just don't have the luck with it. I've mostly just looked at children's stuff, and all I seem to find is clearly bad quality clothes for just slightly less than what it would go for in the store.

I am the queen of clearance. My best deal was a twofer jammie set by Carter's, in a toddler size, for 99 cents at a department store. I regularly get my son's clothes for super cheap in the clearance section. I'm a fan of solid colors and stripes, so nothing is really dated, ya know? I also only line dry their clothes, so they last from one to the next. You wouldn't really know that my youngest's clothes were once his brother's. I'm a rule abiding extreme couponer, for lack of a better term, lol. :P

I don't do well with thrift or places like Ross or TJ Maxx.  I am very visual and when I see those stores with stuff just crammed in with no order, it makes me crazy. 

1 hour ago, sophie10130 said:

I don't know. The Dillards and the other Duggar boys and Bates husbands don't seem to agree at all. From the interview it almost sounded like he was validating Black Lives Matter. He specifically supported Colin Kaepernick and BLM protests and spoke out against racist police brutality several times. He also spoke out against statements made against Obama and urged people to have respect for him, and he retweeted a couple things about black men who were harassed or killed by police. To me it definitely seemed like his anti Trump stance was going wayyy against the grain among his circles. He got positively reamed for it by leghumpers and was called "racist against whites," so I don't think it was very standard.

Look, I'm a hardcore leftist so I understand he's not who I would pick to offer political commentary. But damn, speaking in support of CK and BLM while married to a Duggar? That's basically a leftist stance in their circles. To clarify, he didn't just say that racism won't be a problem in heaven...He specified that the evangelical church often denies its own racism problem. I'm trying to imagine Derrick, Brandon, any Bates or Duggar boy saying the same. 

58 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I don't know. The Dillards and the other Duggar boys and Bates husbands don't seem to agree at all. From the interview it almost sounded like he was validating Black Lives Matter. He specifically supported Colin Kaepernick and BLM protests and spoke out against racist police brutality several times. He also spoke out against statements made against Obama and urged people to have respect for him, and he retweeted a couple things about black men who were harassed or killed by police. To me it definitely seemed like his anti Trump stance was going wayyy against the grain among his circles. He got positively reamed for it by leghumpers and was called "racist against whites," so I don't think it was very standard.

Look, I'm a hardcore leftist so I understand he's not who I would pick to offer political commentary. But damn, speaking in support of CK and BLM while married to a Duggar? That's basically a leftist stance in their circles. To clarify, he didn't just say that racism won't be a problem in heaven...He specified that the evangelical church often denies its own racism problem. I'm trying to imagine Derrick, Brandon, any Bates or Duggar boy saying the same. 

When did he explicity support BLM or Colin Kappernick? I thought he was just talking with Flame generally about racism. Was it a video or a social media post?

Also, a lot of fundies claim to pray for the President and hope he makes the 'right' decisions. I agree that Ben is anti-Trump but that doesn't mean pro-Obama or pro-BLM.

I guess I'm just suspicious of when white fundies claim to not to be racist or combat racism because they're still wrapped up in conservatives circles that are anti-black. It's like they talk about combating racism and they do other shit that is subtly racist.

Though I do agree that Ben is ahead of a lot of the people in his community, I haven't seen anything significant that is worthy of commendation (and I personally have issue with praising people for not being racist). I hope Ben continues to grow and become more socially aware. I agree with another poster who said that he has the potential to mature much more than Jessa.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived