IGNORED

The Invisible Jinger (and Her Preacher Man Jeremy)

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I don't anymore because I know how to care for my curls but I used to. Too much product. The curly girl handbook saved my hair. 

Depends for me. The longer my hair is and the higher the humidity the more this happens to me.  My diffuser broke so I air dry my hair now and if I don't get my mouse/frizzes/leave in conditioner combo just right my hair can look crunchy.  I need a hair cut  and a new hair dryer but haven't had time for the cut and the dryer I want is really expensive so I'm waiting until after the holidays to buy it.  Jinger is youg and doesn't know better yet, she'll get the hang of her hair pretty quick. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Or I have a better idea, a woman can wear what she likes, what she feels good in, and men can stop being pigs. 

This is something that pisses me off.  It is womens fault that men cant control themselves. bull shit, it is a mans fault, and it is societies for allowing men to get away with it for centuries.  Men CAN control themselves, I've taught my 19 year old son that it is HIS job to keep it in his pants, and that girls/women aren't around for his sexual pleasure, the feelings must be mutual and he must have permission and must give permission as well consent is a two way street. he's a horny 19 year old boy and he can figure this out, because he was taught right. 

I wouldn't let Mr. Wolf dictate what I should wear, but Jinger has never had the opportunity to choose before. Now she can decide to stick with skirts or experiment with pants. That's more than any Duggar girl has been able to do. Baby steps. Go Jinger.

2 hours ago, formerhsfundie said:

Just thinking about how JB looked at Jerjinger with loathing in that video when they were engaged and draped around one another with an eff  you vibe about them... I think that's why he made that crack about Jer not being able to support Jinger's thrift store habit.

Sharing the video link for those who didn't see it, or just want to cringe watch it again... 

http://content.jwplatform.com/previews/0bLWux4N-qInh6Xrr

53 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I definitely don't think it would be seen as progress in the rest of the country. But for these people, at least it's a tiny bit of something. I am hoping Jeremy is basically going to "let" Jinger decide how she dresses. I mean, obviously he wants her to dress "modestly" and honestly, she probably prefers to be modest as well. (Which is perfectly fine. Many women prefer to dress more on the modest side even if they aren't in a freaky-deaky religion.) But maybe she has expressed interest in wearing pants and whatnot and his sermon is just a "heads up" to any of the people in her family or whatever that might criticize her for it.

I would love to know what JB and Michelle think of this sermon.

I totally see it this way.  No doubt it came up on the honeymoon (or if they somehow managed to sneak private conversations in during the engagement -- let's hope).  I can see them in Australia at some funky shop.  Jinger (with a twinkle in her eye, holding up a fun pair of pants): "Look how cool these are!"  Jeremy:  "You'd look totally hot in those!"  Jinger:  "I'm trying them on!"  I don't think he's giving her permission -- I think (like probably all Duggar girls at some point) she's secretly wanted to wear pants and now feels she can and has started wearing them.  Perhaps people in Laredo who know the show have asked why and Jeremy felt he needed to address it in a sermon.  Like, "Hey, it's totally cool how my wife dresses and here's why" kind of thing.

I just get the feeling that this sermon was a direct FU to his father in law.  I have attended several churches where the women and men were expected to dress modestly but there was never a sermon on it. It was just understood that you didn't dress sexy at church. The only time I have heard a sermon on dress code was when I was attending a fundie church, that was a frequent topic. From what I saw in the article it was a systematic ripping of his in laws beliefs.  I can't see his congregants needing to hear that but maybe his wife did or he wanted her parents to be prepared for changes in their daughter. If Jinger opts to follow her husbands "liberal " ideas I can see it causing a rift between her and Jessa. 

4 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I just get the feeling that this sermon was a direct FU to his father in law.  I have attended several churches where the women and men were expected to dress modestly but there was never a sermon on it. It was just understood that you didn't dress sexy at church. The only time I have heard a sermon on dress code was when I was attending a fundie church, that was a frequent topic. From what I saw in the article it was a systematic ripping of his in laws beliefs.  I can't see his congregants needing to hear that but maybe his wife did or he wanted her parents to be prepared for changes in their daughter. If Jinger opts to follow her husbands "liberal " ideas I can see it causing a rift between her and Jessa. 

He won't live in Arkansas and he's going to say what he believes.  Two points for Jeremy!

1 minute ago, trustworthy said:

He won't live in Arkansas and he's going to say what he believes.  Two points for Jeremy!

Yep! So far it's looking like Jinger hit the lotto with Jeremy. I kinda hope that he mentioned booze because in the honeymoon episode one or both of them had a glass of wine at dinner. Then I want a live feed on TTH so we can watch Boobchelle explode. 

38 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

When he does a "Birth control is not evil" sermon, we need to have an FJ party that stretches from coast to coast.

2 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

When he does a "Birth control is not evil" sermon, we need to have an FJ party that stretches from coast to coast.

I was going to say this as well.  Hopefully she will have a choice in how many and when she has kids.

I really think that sermon has more to do with reassuring his congregation that he won't expect all the women to wear skirts all the time. I also think many of the women might be intimidated/worried of what the pastor's wife thinks of them. Then there are the holier than thou group. My friend's husband decided to become a pastor and went back to school for it, got a Job as a youth pastor at their EV- free church and did not last a year. I consider her a very conservative person, but she hated it because she could not drink a beer without getting crap, and people scrutinized every thing their kids did. 

People gossip and freak out about stupid things all the time.

9 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

We will break the internet. Jeremy are you reading this?  Right now you are earning points and you have the chance to win the game if you want to. 

35 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I really think that sermon has more to do with reassuring his congregation that he won't expect all the women to wear skirts all the time. I also think many of the women might be intimidated/worried of what the pastor's wife thinks of them. Then there are the holier than thou group. My friend's husband decided to become a pastor and went back to school for it, got a Job as a youth pastor at their EV- free church and did not last a year. I consider her a very conservative person, but she hated it because she could not drink a beer without getting crap, and people scrutinized every thing their kids did. 

People gossip and freak out about stupid things all the time.

I hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe he is just reassuring his congregation that they don't need to wear skirts 24/7 just because his wife does. If that's the case, I'm slightly disappointed though.

From the few videos I've watched, it SEEMS that Jeremy is a wee bit more liberal than his idiot in-laws. The wide open PDAs between them with Boober looking like he was going to lose his shit...I don't think Boober likes Jeremy very much and I think the feeling is mutual. Jinger finally has a chance to get away from the freakshow and live her own life...such that it is. 

.Jessa won't care if Jinger wears pants. I don't think JB would care either(I don't think he's bothered by Derick's hair) I think all of the Duggar women will wear pants one day(I wouldn't be surprised if the married women wear pants in private). I could see it becoming a storyline. It's interesting that most fundies wear pants nowadays. How many of the ones we follow are skirts only in 2016?The Duggars have pants wearing fundie friends like Laura D, who works for IBLP

How can anyone be happy about Jinger wearing pants or think this is an FU to the Duggars after reading that Jeremy quote?  

ETA: Remember that one of their sons courted a pants wearing girl. The Duggars posted lots of photos of Marjorie in pants.

7 minutes ago, Kira said:

.Jessa won't care if Jinger wears pants. I don't think JB would care either(I don't think he's bothered by Derick's hair) I think all of the Duggar women will wear pants one day(I wouldn't be surprised if the married women wear pants in private). I could see it becoming a storyline. It's interesting that most fundies wear pants nowadays. How many of the ones we follow are skirts only in 2016?The Duggars have pants wearing fundie friends like Laura D, who works for IBLP

How can anyone be happy about Jinger wearing pants or think this is an FU to the Duggars after reading that Jeremy quote?  

He spoke out on two major points that the Duggars have built their brand on, no drinking and no pants. There is no way JB is OK with a son in law publicly going against the brand. What happens in the privacy of a home is one thing but this was a public sermon that has been picked up. Jeremy said from the pulpit that he disagrees with legalistic Christian beliefs exactly what his in laws are.  Jessa also seems to be the most black and white thinker of the bunch she may look down on Jinger for wearing pants and I'm sure she will think that Bin will be a better minister because he won't ok drinking and pants. 

29 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

He spoke out on two major points that the Duggars have built their brand on, no drinking and no pants. There is no way JB is OK with a son in law publicly going against the brand. What happens in the privacy of a home is one thing but this was a public sermon that has been picked up. Jeremy said from the pulpit that he disagrees with legalistic Christian beliefs exactly what his in laws are.  Jessa also seems to be the most black and white thinker of the bunch she may look down on Jinger for wearing pants and I'm sure she will think that Bin will be a better minister because he won't ok drinking and pants. 

Ben and Derick have also gone against the "brand" I really don't think JB cares. The Duggars have IBLP friends who wear pants and one of Jessa's "best friends" wears pants, so I don't think JB and Jessa could be that angry about Jinger wearing pants. 

ETA: I hate it when I defend the Duggars:embarrassed:. Some of the most the most "modest", skirt wearing fundies wear pants now. Jezebel predicted this a few years ago(I wish I could find our discussion of that article) I think the Duggars are skirts only because it their tv brand. It's one of the thing they're known for, but if the married women wanted to     wear pants the Duggars would  say something like "The married kids  can make their  own  decisions"                     

5 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Interesting sermon. A lot of it is a nice change from the Duggars' legalism. Still...

:pb_rollseyes:

5 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

“It is not your liberty, women, to wear sensual, seductive clothing that is designed to draw the attention of your brothers,” Jeremy said.

Hmmm. All that blanket training and fundie men still have no self-control.

This is not just fundie marriages that spouses live in ways that make their other halves happy. If I or my husband want to do something but it would really disrupt the harmony of the marriage, we compromise. That's just how marriage works. You generally don't marry people you have opposing views to or you're gonna end up really unhappy.

Regarding the line, "sensual, seductive clothing that is designed to draw the attention of your brothers," I think a lot of men need to learn that not everything women do is for them. I see so often where a man interjects his opinion on what is or is not attractive -- makeup, clothes, weight, whatever -- as if his arousal is what women care about most. Newsflash: when women get dressed often they're not thinking of men at all!

My husband has absolutely no say in the clothes I wear, if I wear makeup. These are things I do for me. The reverse is also true. I have no say in what my husband wears. We didn't marry each other because of stupid shit like that. He gets that.

When it comes to Duggar sons in-laws, I think of wolves in sheep's clothing. I was one of those who believed Derick was Jill's ticket out of fundie land. Yeah, that didn't happen.

9 hours ago, Pasta said:

Does this mean Jeremy reads here? If so, you better live up to hopes, young man. Hah. Just kidding. That won't happen. 

FTR, I up-voted your post because it's true, but mostly because your profile pic is just all levels of epic-ness. Made my day.

Did someone say wine? If you're doing last minute present wrapping may I suggest pouring yourself some wine- every time you lose scissors,sticky tape or the cat jumps on the wrapping paper you take a drink. Thoroughly enjoyable way to wrap gifts. Merry Christmas/happy holidays from down under (Australia) [emoji3]

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

My husband has absolutely no say in the clothes I wear, if I wear makeup. These are things I do for me. The reverse is also true. I have no say in what my husband wears. We didn't marry each other because of stupid shit like that. He gets that.

My husband doesn't have a "say" either. But I do ask for his opinion. I trust him to tell me if I look terrible in something. He's pretty good about being honest so I don't leave the house looking too crappy. I do the same for him. I have vetoed quite a few wardrobe choices over the years. Like that time a decade or so ago he wanted to wear white jeans. Ha!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived