IGNORED

The Invisible Jinger (and Her Preacher Man Jeremy)

choralcrusader8613

7 hours ago, calimojo said:

And, I hope Jeremy doesn't move her back to Arkansas, but I think that is a big possibility.  JB wants his kids  under his thumb.

I haven't watched a single episode of counting on, so I'm just going from a few clips and the recaps/other comments here.  But I think this is unlikely because Jeremy seems to have absolutely no use for Jim Bob.  He does seem to really love Jinger so *maybe* if JB tried to set up a "job opportunity" and convinced Jinger she wanted to move home and Jinger was the one to convince Jeremy.  Jeremy has pretty much refused to play Duggar games.  I think he would get that moving to Arkansas would be a lifetime of Duggar games.  I just don't see him signing on for that.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CrazyMumma said:

With that video.. Hahaha I loved Jeremy's reaction to Jim Bob saying that thrift shopping gets expensive. He's freaking talking to an Italian who was a celebrity from his own achievement. The guy probably would never enter a thrift store. The dress his mother wore to the wedding was not from a thrift shop. Jim Bob just doesn't like to spend any money on the kids most probably.

Plenty of people who have a decent amount of money still like to thrift store shop. I have a relative who has more money than I could ever dream of....and she buys a good chunk of her clothes at the Goodwill. She loves to bargain shop. She would still buy a new dress for on occasion like a wedding though. It's not really an either/or thing. You can do both. People of all income brackets shop thrift stores, I think.

There is nothing wrong with shopping at a thrift shop. My grandma was the queen of thrift store shopping. The clerks would call her when something came in they thought she would like. She and my grandpa made good money, she was an RN, owned their house free and clear, had no debt and a crap load of money sitting in the bank. She loved thrift stores and still had no problem buying a $300 Easter hat from Nordstrom. She had a woman there that called her when new stuff came in as well. Thrift stores were Gradma's jam and she knew how to find the best stuff at them. No shame in that game. I say that as a beneficiary of much of her shopping. I am currently on a mission to find as many different printings of Harry Potter as possible and so far thrift stores have been helpful in obtaining the British versions of the books for around $3 a piece. If I find a cute shirt as well then it comes home with me too. So if I shop there, and I know I likely make way more money than Jeremy, I don't see how he can be above thrift store shopping. 

The only issue I've seen common amongst thrifters is it is easy to accumulate s lot of stuff. I enjoy buying second hand for environmental and money saving reasons, but I have to make sure to not over buy. The Duggars are good examples since they had a fucking warehouse filled with crap. 

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The only issue I've seen common amongst thrifters is it is easy to accumulate s lot of stuff. I enjoy buying second hand for environmental and money saving reasons, but I have to make sure to not over buy. The Duggars are good examples since they had a fucking warehouse filled with crap. 

I thrift shop for my husbands work clothes, he does construction/plumbing and just ruins clothes so I buy t-shirts sweatshirts and jeans when ever possible at thrift stores. We have one Goodwill shop in an upscale/wealthy shopping district and surrounded by several wealthy subdivisions. I can get designer clothes and purses their for pennies on the dollar. I got lucky about a year ago and got a brand new Coach purse for $10. 

I LOVE thrift stores! I have a wardrobe that looks like it cost me serious money, but in reality, I think my whole closet cost me about 200 dollars. I like shopping at the Mormon thrift store up the road...almost brand new, high dollar clothes for 5 bucks or less. 

I had to re-vamp my wardrobe when I started teaching, the blue jeans and t-shirt "uniform" from my former profession didn't work. The only thing I pay "full-price" for are shoes. Last Thursday I got two skirts, a top and two jackets for like 25 bucks. 

However, I don't buy stuff just to buy stuff...first, we live in a little one bedroom apartment so there's no room for extra stuff, second, my mom was a sort of hoarder (two walk in closets of clothes worth) and I can't deal with that sort of stuff. I sort of have a "rule" that if I buy an article of clothing, I have to get rid of two articles of clothing. I'll be doing another big purge before I go back to work at the end of January. 

On 12/21/2016 at 0:05 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

What? Chad is the better fundie husband in my opinion. He has an actual job, he treats Erin well, he isn't an attention whore, he's a jack of all trades, and it wouldn't surprise me if he let Erin decide if they have more kids (I don't know this but I could see him deferring to her in that regard). And he's more attractive than Brandon. 

Of course he's still fundie so I would never want him but out of the fundies husbands, he seems like one of the better choices. I can't imagine being married to someone like The Derrick Who Stole Christmas.

Oh I miss the duggar/bates snarky instagram page that started #TheChad

I got into a huge fight with my cousin about this. I am an insane thrift store shopper, especially when it comes to my kids because they outgrow stuff so fast. We have a Salvation Army in an affluent neighborhood that I frequent, I bought a Homecoming dress for my daughter for 50 cents. Jeans usually for $2-$5 a pair. They love Aeropostale so I get them there for like $1.00. I re-did school clothes in Sept for all 3 wolfie pups for under $100. My cousin spent $1000 on each of her 3 kids for pants/jeans ALONE. She was absolutely disgusted at the idea of resale shopping, implied that my parenting was "less" because I wouldn't shell out for new clothes. How could my kids possibly feel good about themselves or face their peers with pride without shiny NEW clothes? Simple. I spend hours pouring through racks to get the best stuff, you'd never know it wasn't new. My kids take pride in how much they can buy for the least amount of money!

On a side note,  I just picked up a cute Vera Bradley purse for $5, looks brand new. 

17 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Snip.   I sort of have a "rule" that if I buy an article of clothing, I have to get rid of two articles of clothing. I'll be doing another big purge before I go back to work at the end of January. 

I love this idea, but I hate to shop for clothing.  Maybe I should use this method with kitchen gadgets.

13 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

I got into a huge fight with my cousin about this. I am an insane thrift store shopper, especially when it comes to my kids because they outgrow stuff so fast. We have a Salvation Army in an affluent neighborhood that I frequent, I bought a Homecoming dress for my daughter for 50 cents. Jeans usually for $2-$5 a pair. They love Aeropostale so I get them there for like $1.00. I re-did school clothes in Sept for all 3 wolfie pups for under $100. My cousin spent $1000 on each of her 3 kids for pants/jeans ALONE. She was absolutely disgusted at the idea of resale shopping, implied that my parenting was "less" because I wouldn't shell out for new clothes. How could my kids possibly feel good about themselves or face their peers with pride without shiny NEW clothes? Simple. I spend hours pouring through racks to get the best stuff, you'd never know it wasn't new. My kids take pride in how much they can buy for the least amount of money!

On a side note,  I just picked up a cute Vera Bradley purse for $5, looks brand new. 

That is my sister & her husband.  They only buy name brand, she will occasionally by 2nd hand for her kids but never for her, and DEFINITELY not her husband, they are the keeping up with everyone kind of people. Or brother built a house, they built a more expensive one, we bought a new car they bought a nicer more expensive one. Her good friend got a HUGE diamond right for her 15th wedding anniversary my sister got one, just because. Its annoying when they do it, but we mostly just laugh behind their backs. 

I would like to think that they are ducks financially, looks like they are gliding along above water while frantically paddling below water.  (Trying to stay above water with their finances)

If they can afford all that responsibly then good luck to them.

39 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

I re-did school clothes in Sept for all 3 wolfie pups for under $100.

When we got custody of my granddaughters, we literally got them with just the clothes on their backs. There was a thrift store in an upscale neighborhood not far from my house...and I was able to outfit both girls with the most gorgeous little dresses and outfits (most of them brand new)...I bought them both a whole wardrobe for something less than 50 bucks. I'll never forget it...I filled up three paper grocery bags with clothes (ok, so they wore 18months - 3T clothes at the time) for the two of them and paid next to nothing (relatively speaking).

I love thrift store shopping. I do a lot of art so I don't feel bad getting paint on my clothes. Also I am a Michael Kors lover on a Levi's budget. Best score was about 3000 in purses for 30. The kid working knew I liked purses and they had just got a huge donation from a doctors wife so he brought them all out for me. 3-5 each and names like Gucci and fendi 

Best finds so far.. Obviously Wolfie 3's Homecoming dress at 50 cents, a Toro electric leafblower, $25 then 50% off of that, a designer coat that retails about $275 at Macy's was $24.99 plus it was 50% off all coats that day (this lady had it in her cart, saw me and Wolfie #2 looking through the rack then handed it to her and asked her to try it on. My daughter did, and the lady said it was so cute on her that she should have it. When I googled the designer later that night my heart almost stopped!) A fully functioning Playstation 2 with all the cords for $12.99 plus 25% off electronics. Big Joe bean bag chair $6.99 (retail $30) plus 50% the tag color for that day. Tons of Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks shirts by Reebok for 99 cents, sometimes 50% off of that. Yeah I'm a fiend!

Best find EVER...at a Ross (the next best thing to a thrift store)...a brand new XOXO suede leather purse...10 bucks! It's a hobo bag style that is totally me. List price 12 years ago was 80 bucks. I STILL have it...it's one of my favorites. 

I'm a fiend for XOXO and Fossil bags...BUT...like everything else, I have to dump 2 to buy one. My XOXO and Fossil bags don't ever leave. My one total weakness is books though...those never leave...just ask my poor husband who has to move boxes and boxes of books every time we move. 

A bit late, but getting back to that video, if I was the Vuolos and some ass was telling my son he'd have to get a second job to support his daughter if they got married (never mind the fact that they known each other for all of two months), I would have asked her what sort of work she was planning on doing should she move to Laredo.  To me they looked less than impressed.

I agree that Jeremy does not seem to be a JB fan and that is great because that makes it less likely they will run to him and move close to tth. I think Jinger needs that space to be able to grow beyond the way she was raised. I am hoping for some more moments of Jeremy fighting the urge to punch him in the face. I also get the feeling that Jeremy's dad hates JB and that his speech  at the wedding contained some subtle F-yous to JB too.

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Best find EVER...at a Ross (the next best thing to a thrift store)...a brand new XOXO suede leather purse...10 bucks! It's a hobo bag style that is totally me. List price 12 years ago was 80 bucks. I STILL have it...it's one of my favorites. 

I'm a fiend for XOXO and Fossil bags...BUT...like everything else, I have to dump 2 to buy one. My XOXO and Fossil bags don't ever leave. My one total weakness is books though...those never leave...just ask my poor husband who has to move boxes and boxes of books every time we move. 

I'm the same with you about books, my bookshelf is literally collapsing right now. 

7 hours ago, SHERA said:

Oh I miss the duggar/bates snarky instagram page that started #TheChad

Was that the NotJoshDuggar one? The same one that started TFDW? I miss that guy. 

5 hours ago, Karma said:

A bit late, but getting back to that video, if I was the Vuolos and some ass was telling my son he'd have to get a second job to support his daughter if they got married (never mind the fact that they known each other for all of two months), I would have asked her what sort of work she was planning on doing should she move to Laredo.  To me they looked less than impressed.

I agree! I always find that kind of mindset odd....that it somehow makes more sense for the man to have TWO jobs and the woman to have none. I don't work right now but you can bet your ass if we needed more money, I'd be getting a job before husband found a 2nd job. That is so messed up.

The best thing the neighborhood strip mall did was to put in a Goodwill a few years back. It became the anchor store. Now, there's an Aldi right next door, and that parking lot is crazy busy all day long. Go for the bargains, then get your groceries. I LOVE the Goodwill, and I've gotten some pretty high end items there for cents on the dollar. I've also rounded out Pyrex collections, like mixing bowls and casserole sets, outfitted our camper with frying pans, coffee pots, etc, and supplied the kids with toys!

5 hours ago, Karma said:

if I was the Vuolos and some ass was telling my son he'd have to get a second job to support his daughter if they got married (never mind the fact that they known each other for all of two months), I would have asked her what sort of work she was planning on doing should she move to Laredo.

Right??? It's fucking 2016, and you show up talking about how your daughter's gonna sit at home and eat bon bons and shop while my son works a second job to support it, I'd slap his dumb face. But then again, it'd take not much at all for me to find a reason to slap JB's dumb face. 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Was that the NotJoshDuggar one? The same one that started TFDW? I miss that guy. 

Oh TFDW and Waller Wednesday! That was so much fun! Anyone know if FakeJoshDuggar is on FJ?

11 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

It's people like your cousin that keeps places like Goodwill in business. So keep wasting your money cousin! And we will keep benefiting from it!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived