IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

4 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

I totally agree with all you said, wonder if Jill praises him for this behavior...honestly, I wonder if part of his problem is that his mouth hurts still from all that work that was done, I see he still is wearing a retainer or something...he could be depressed as well, but fundies don't usually acknowledge that kind of thing, especially the men

Maybe he is in pain but has to stay quiet about it to appear manly... Chronic pain can have emotional effects too...

I had terrible pain from gallstones for months and was a miserable person to be around. I'm sure had I not been able to express it I would have been even worse to deal with.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just gonna put this here:

If there is an episode where there are dual ultrasounds or fetal heartbeat monitoring I'm gonna puke. I'm writing this mainly because I know that there WILL be an episode where the two (or possibly more) of them go to a midwife to be monitored/hear the heartbeats and I will be forced to recap it.

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

You knucklehead, Derrick! You're responsible for the reason behind the morning sickness! Plus, Izzy is your kid. It's called being a Dad. If you don't want to have more kids, you need to have more strategic "headaches".

I've seen this happen again and again. Mom gets sick (doesn't have to be pregnancy-related) and suddenly Dad is on social media complaining about how hard it is to do stuff with the kids without mom. The most recently offender is my brother, whose wife was out of commission after gall bladder surgery. He said to me "It sucks having to do stuff alone with the kids" and I was like "yeah, imagine being forced to do it when one your partner is just lazy instead of recovering from surgery."  

I think Derick's reacting to having to cook (didn't he say he had to when she was pregnant with Izzy?) and clean, this time while wrangling a toddler. 

13 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

There's been talk on here about how grief may have lead Derick to the Duggar lifestyle-- the hope of there being meaning in everything that happens.

I find it interesting that Derick's brother did not take that path. I'm not saying Derick doesn't have a close relationship with his brother, but I wonder how much of it is for show. If Derick doesn't believe that his brother and sister in law's lifestyle isn't going to send them to hell, then how can he believe anyone with a simular lifestyle is? 

People deal with grief and trauma in lots of different ways, and I've wondered about grief driving Derrick further into religion/seeking out more fundamentalist beliefs to cope, but I wonder how the reality TV thing factored into it. If he was in a super vulnerable place with his life, his faith, everything, I wonder how suddenly being put into a fishbowl like that on top of it (complete with an EXTREMELY performative approach to religion) would affect him and his beliefs.

I grew up in a pretty conservative Christian area where there were at least a few fundie homeschoolers in the mix, if Derrick is anything like those families, it's totally possible that he loves his brother but views him as one of the "lost," or a "weak/worldly" Christian and 100% believes he will go to hell if he doesn't change. I wonder if Derrick taking this path spiritually changed his relationship with his brother.

I still would not be surprised if Jill was pregnant earlier in the year but miscarried. There was an Instagram picture in the spring where Jill had a maternity shirt on and just really looked pregnant, more so than she might otherwise. Granted, anyone wearing a maternity shirt can look pregnant even if they aren't, but it really stuck out. That would explain why they waited until later in the pregnancy this time to announce (then again, I think that has a lot to do with TLC).  

I don't think Jill had a miscarriage, I think they would have announced it in some capacity. If they waited for TLC and lost a pregnancy I feel like it would still have been mentioned in passing imo. Like Caleb and Jubilee, and Anna's miscarriage.

6 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

If they did follow medical advice and wait the recommended 18 months after a C-Section to conceive, the due date of July suggests that they waited almost exactly 18 months. Blessing #1 arrived in April 2015 and Blessing #2 must have been conceived in October 2016. I can just imagine Jill crossing off days on the calendar until it was baby makin' time again!

I imagine they used sinful birth control, unless they abstained?

Why would Jill announce her pregnancy now?  Jinger's been married for six weeks.  Surely she's pregnant now.  Wouldn't Jinger's first pregnancy take precedence over Jill's second pregnancy??

1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I never take Duggars at their word, so I assumed this time around they'd wait a bit longer  to announce. (Surprised they made it this long, though!)

However, I'm very sure I remember at their last pregnancy announcement they specifically said they intentionally wanted every one to know immediately, because the fetus was a loved and legitimate baby, etc, along those lines. (I don't remember the exact wording) I'm interested in what they will excuse that with this time since they waited to announce. Is baby two not at important as baby one?

To the second part, I though their announcement had more to do with a rush job cover up because somebody spilled the beans (whether accidentally, or on purpose), and they wanted to be able to control their own announcement, versus having a ton of random articles pop up on the internet.  At least that's what I thought ~ but who knows?

I do wonder if maybe she had a loss in CA, which might have affected their decision as to when to share the news this time around.  It might explain why she seemed teary in the video - if she (understandably) was thinking about a loss she had possibly experienced during the recording, it might have been a sad reminder of the "what if's".

*IF* Derick actually made them wait 18months to conceive because of her CS, then I'll give a crumb of respect (which is quickly molding in the background even as I type this, since he seems to be drunk-on-the-koolaid tweeting 24/7 lately).  But if he actually cared about loosing her, and insisted they at least do NFP, then hey, good for him.  Though I can't imagine Jill was all too happy about it (though then again, what could she do about it in their religion if he put his foot down?).  If he was insisting on NFP, when she hated it the whole time, then that might explain her added misery in CA (on top of a multitude of other reasons)

4 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Why would Jill announce her pregnancy now?  Jinger's been married for six weeks.  Surely she's pregnant now.  Wouldn't Jinger's first pregnancy take precedence over Jill's second pregnancy??

It's not at all certain that Jinger is pregnant, and even if she is, she shouldn't announce for a few more weeks. By then Jill would be visibly pregnant, and if she hadn't announced, the speculation would be taking the spotlight away from Jinger (and Jessa).

22 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It's not at all certain that Jinger is pregnant, and even if she is, she shouldn't announce for a few more weeks. By then Jill would be visibly pregnant, and if she hadn't announced, the speculation would be taking the spotlight away from Jinger (and Jessa).

In fairness, if Jinger is pregnant, she can announce whenever the fuck she wants. No should or shouldn't about it. 

6 hours ago, coffeebean7 said:

I just found out I'm pregnant again. I'm due 8/12/17.  Jill and I had due dates a month apart last time but Izzy was born April 6 (way after his due date) and my son April 7 (way before his due date). When I found out I was pregnant this time, I thought "wow, my kids are going to be closer together in age than a Duggar's...", but I guess not, lol. 

I'm not surprised (how could you be). At least it's not Anna (yet).

Congratulations!!!! And thanks for announcing here, lol, we can put our "ohhh yay a baby" vibes to positive use with you instead of Jill having another kid to indoctrinate.

4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Maybe now they'll be able to recreate this photo but with Jill, Jessa, Jinger, and Anna all pregnant.

rs_600x600-150421125513-600-jessa-duggar

UGH, I CANNOT handle Jessa's smug ass face in this picture. I'd never lay a hand on anyone but holy shit does that smug face make me want to slap her!

3 hours ago, goldengrove said:

I don't think it's about christmas so much as diverting attention from Jinger's birthday tomorrow...

Jill probably announced because she's showing. In that pic they posted she looked pregnant to me and once she's clearly pg, word would get out and there's less interest in getting the story from the press (though I'm sure People would cover it regardless, blech).

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Can we speculate names now? I'm gonna go with Selah if it's a girl (I assume that if they liked it the first time, they still like it now), and Moses for a boy. Gotta one up Jessa.

I'm going to go with a country theme for boys. Salvador!

10 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

In fairness, if Jinger is pregnant, she can announce whenever the fuck she wants. No should or shouldn't about it. 

Of course she can announce early, as Jill did last time. But as someone who had to tell people about a miscarriage after I couldn't wait to share my pregnancy news, I would advise against it. That's what I meant by "shouldn't."

46 minutes ago, YourGodIsNotMine said:

I imagine they used sinful birth control, unless they abstained?

I mean, I was pretty damn tired the first year I had my twins. Not sure we had that many chances to accidentally conceive some more kids. lol Between exhaustion and postpartum depression/anxiety, my sex drive was pretty low for a while there. No idea if Jill dealt with PPD/A but she had a rough delivery.

Perhaps the newlywed glow has worn off and the stress of a baby and a foreign country and whatever Derrick's health issues are kept them from being at it constantly. Also they could just have average fertility and not JB&M fertility. The age spread between Izzy and this new baby is pretty average for breastfeeding moms, right?

I actually like Jessa's face in that pic - like she knows it's ridiculous, and is subverting the nonsense.

(I'm confused by the clothes, though - from Jill's Jumper (erm, sweater?) and cardigan, to Jessa's short sleeves... :lost:

8 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I actually like Jessa's face in that pic - like she knows it's ridiculous, and is subverting the nonsense.

(I'm confused by the clothes, though - from Jill's Jumper (erm, sweater?) and cardigan, to Jessa's short sleeves... :lost:

Since Jessa hadn't announced yet, she was going for an air of mystery. The picture was released several weeks after it was taken. I think pulling that face makes her look just like Amy.

35 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I mean, I was pretty damn tired the first year I had my twins. Not sure we had that many chances to accidentally conceive some more kids. lol Between exhaustion and postpartum depression/anxiety, my sex drive was pretty low for a while there. No idea if Jill dealt with PPD/A but she had a rough delivery.

Perhaps the newlywed glow has worn off and the stress of a baby and a foreign country and whatever Derrick's health issues are kept them from being at it constantly. Also they could just have average fertility and not JB&M fertility. The age spread between Izzy and this new baby is pretty average for breastfeeding moms, right?

Not only that, the Dillard's were alone in Central America, with no help that we know of. The Seewalds were close to the Duggars in Arkansas, which provided them for the opportunity for aunties to watch Spurge, while the Seewalds engaged in sweet fellowship.

38 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Of course she can announce early, as Jill did last time. But as someone who had to tell people about a miscarriage after I couldn't wait to share my pregnancy news, I would advise against it. That's what I meant by "shouldn't."

I have to agree, it's one of the hardest things to have to do, you give very good advice...

it's disgusting to me that these people prize honeymoon babies so much, I can't even imagine having immediate pregnancy to deal with on top of all the other things that a young virgin girl has to cope with after marriage to someone she barely knows

(I don't mean virgin in the physical sense only...)

I hope this doesn't mean they already know Jinger is pregnant and they are eager to announce and because of that now made sure to announce Jill quickly so that it doesn't seem strange that the one who is not as far along announces first. I hope Jinger gets a few more months before she is pregnant and that they find Jeremy's parents to be a better inspiration than JB and Michelle when it comes to family size. Their absence from social media scares me a bit when it comes to pregnancy since I could see a very good reason not to be on social media, making sure to hide a pregnancy even if she is not that far along.

10 minutes ago, ljohnson2006 said:

It's almost like she's saying... "Am I knocked up? Or is this a food baby?"

I'm pretty skinny, bounced back to my pre-pregnancy size very quickly, but even 5 years after having my boys I eat a large meal and it's like boom, itty bitty baby belly. Food baby belly that is! Those muscles just aren't as elastic as they once were :pb_lol::pb_lol:

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

Why? To quell Derick's social media rantings. I suspected that a pregnancy might be in order here, but that the announcement would be saved until 1/16. Well, the jig is up! 

39 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I don't see any Duggar being intelligent enough to subvert anything.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

In case we thought the baby was to distract from his disaster of a Twitter account, he's still at it posting shit like this: 

I hate this shit. I really, really hate it. A baby gets all it's nutrients from it's mother, grows inside it's mother, and for a good portion of those nine months would not survive outside of the mother. I think that puts them in as a part of the mother. But you know what? All of that doesn't truly matter because it is not my body and any woman who is pregnant should do what is best for them. Derrick can go taking a flying leap. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived