IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

It feels to me as if the Dullards are kind of trying to pre-empt Christmas.

Why on earth would they announce now? Even from the perspective of their own fundamentalist faith, they must surely realize that the minds of a lot of people are preoccupied with getting ready for Christmas and preparing for the holidays.

They obviously must believe that their pregnancy announcement is so darned important and earth-shaking that the leghumpers will be thrilled to redirect their attention onto Jill's uterus.

I can't see why they couldn't have waited two weeks to announce in January. But no--this news apparently has a significance to rival the birth of Jesus.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Derek's education he can get some sort of job in accounting in the area. After all, JBoob can give them a house, so Derek can take care of the rest. He has good career potential, should have good job choices. Oh No, wait, I am not a fundamentalist pretend missionary......what am I saying!?!?!?!?

New Season: Millions and Millions of Duggars. And then more. 

5 minutes ago, coffeebean7 said:

I just found out I'm pregnant again. I'm due 8/12/17.  Jill and I had due dates a month apart last time but Izzy was born April 6 (way after his due date) and my son April 7 (way before his due date). When I found out I was pregnant this time, I thought "wow, my kids are going to be closer together in age than a Duggar's...", but I guess not, lol. 

I'm not surprised (how could you be). At least it's not Anna (yet).

I wonder if there will be any sort of big public announcement when Anna is inevitably pregnant again. Blech.

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Poor Sierra--will she be left out of the wall o' bumps pic?

Nope. She will squeeze in there I'm sure. 

I'm guessing Jill is around 10 weeks pregnant and has already had her first ultrasound. She probably waited until then to announce. 

3 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

Why on earth would they announce now? Even from the perspective of their own fundamentalist faith, they must surely realize that the minds of a lot of people are preoccupied with getting ready for Christmas and preparing for the holidays.

They obviously must believe that their pregnancy announcement is so darned important and earth-shaking that the leghumpers will be thrilled to redirect their attention onto Jill's uterus.

I can't see why they couldn't have waited two weeks to announce in January. But no--this news apparently has a significance to rival the birth of Jesus.

They're going to call their second child Jesus... with the Spanish pronunciation.

3 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

Maybe this is just to answer to the speculation of why they didn't go back to central america. but they had a miscarriage somewhere along the way, so wanted to wait until they were out of the first trimester (or close to it)

16 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I wonder if there will be any sort of big public announcement when Anna is inevitably pregnant again. Blech.

I doubt they will make a huge announcement. It will be full of phrases like "this blessing is new start for our family" blah blah blah. 

I'm sure the inevitable twin speculation will happen on the show with Jilly Muffin this time around too. Same repetitive script, alternating characters.

Let's hope it's a boy. No twins, as that would only push the Dillards' smugness through the roof.

11 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

With Derek's education he can get some sort of job in accounting in the area. After all, JBoob can give them a house, so Derek can take care of the rest. He has good career potential, should have good job choices. Oh No, wait, I am not a fundamentalist pretend missionary......what am I saying!?!?!?!? 

I don't think I'd hire Derick.  I wouldn't want the Duggar stank attached to my business.  Not to mention leghumpers trying to call him at work or show up to see if they can catch sight of him, disrupting my other employees, etc.  Then there's the issue of his clingy wife, wondering if she'll show up on lunch hour, call him up all the time, or throw a fit if he has to work late.  On top of that, he's on a reality show so he might want to take time off for filming, be it a day or two or even a week if they're traveling.  And what would happen if he quit suddenly because he managed to get another 'missionary' gig?

I'm still saying they will go with Selah Michelle for a girl. 

A boy will be something biblical of course. Maybe Zion James? 

After looking at the close up picture of Derrick and Jill, where Derrick is wearing the plaid shirt, Jill looks in the range of what I think of as the mainstream mid 20's mom, since you can't see the rest of her outfit. Derrick, however, looks like one if the guys holding the signs at the freeway exit. Except for the nice shirt, I think he looks both homeless and creepy. (Most homeless people aren't creepy looking, but I will admit that there are a few. Conversely, not all creepy looking people are homeless.)

25 minutes ago, coffeebean7 said:

I just found out I'm pregnant again. I'm due 8/12/17.  Jill and I had due dates a month apart last time but Izzy was born April 6 (way after his due date) and my son April 7 (way before his due date). When I found out I was pregnant this time, I thought "wow, my kids are going to be closer together in age than a Duggar's...", but I guess not, lol. 

I'm not surprised (how could you be). At least it's not Anna (yet).

Congratulations! I wish you a relaxed and enjoyable pregnancy!

Since Jill came back to Arkansas in August and got pregnant one to two months later, it seems quite likely to me that they waited til they were state-side to begin trying in earnest. Maybe a combo of Zika and/or waiting after the ceasarion factored in. Since she got pregnant so quickly after their wedding, maybe they are super fertile - but I know one conception rarely is the same as another. I doubt they were actively preventing pregnancy in CA but perhaps not taking ovulation tests every month to increase their chances. Maybe not even 'being in the mood' around ovulation time, like quasi natural family planning. We'll never know but it seems hardly coincidental they didn't get pregnant in CA for their ten month stint there.

Well, at least she can use the name Selah if they have a daughter.

I want to see if Jill or Jessa name their potential girls something very feminine or trendy-ish (like Allie Jane or Brooklyn).

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I am glad that they likely will not be going back to CA-that was a mismatch for Jill. And Izzy will be over 2, so @ least that is  reasonable spacing. 

Have we ever even see Spurgeon walk?

Jessa and Ben will essentially have 2 babies. Good thing no one has to bust hump to get to a job or classroom (or both, or both parents) every day!!!

Jessa has posted videos of him standing unassisted and walking a step or two, but sounds like he's still crawling for the most part.

Wow, I didn't see this coming! I can't believe another Duggar is preganant! (sarcasm). Now we can all wait for Anna's announcement, Jinger's announcement, Joy's engagement announcement and another Duggar courtship (probably Joe). Nothing new in D Land. 

I just watched the Dillard announcement video.

Derrick's hair looks good (clean and groomed), but combined with the scruffy beard and his gaunt physique it's easy to draw the homeless/drug addict comparisons.

Jill said something to the effect of 'Israel will have to learn to be careful with things smaller than him.' After Catgate, let's hope Derrick's not going to be the one teaching that lesson.

Looks like Derick's Instagram whinging is probably related to having to care for a toddler while is wife is experiencing morning sickness. 

24 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Looks like Derick's Instagram whinging is probably related to having to care for a toddler while is wife is experiencing morning sickness. 

You knucklehead, Derrick! You're responsible for the reason behind the morning sickness! Plus, Izzy is your kid. It's called being a Dad. If you don't want to have more kids, you need to have more strategic "headaches".

3 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Sigh.... Of course she's pregnant. Of course she is. 

And in the video he looks like Jesus.

so she is three months along so Halloween conception?

no more sca ever for these two

maybe

You guys are silly. Of course Jill has to announce her pregnancy now, while Jessa is still pregnant... so they can continue on about the Duggar fecundity....(we pump out babies nonstop!) I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear of an Anna pregnancy or a Jinger pregnancy (or both) after the new year, or after Jessa delivers. And if Joy marries early enough, a pregnancy for her by the end of the year.

I wonder if Jessa is ecstatic. "I'm getting married - Oh. JIll is pregnant." "I'm having my second bab-- oh. So is Jill."

I'm wondering about the timing of this announcement. Is it to fill a lull in Duggar news or to purposefully take some of the heat off Joy and her presumed announcement that we think will happen soon.

I think they told Derrick's family over early Christmas so the news could be covered in a magazine for Tuesday.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived