IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

11 minutes ago, goldengrove said:
59 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Of course she can announce early, as Jill did last time. But as someone who had to tell people about a miscarriage after I couldn't wait to share my pregnancy news, I would advise against it. That's what I meant by "shouldn't."

I have to agree, it's one of the hardest things to have to do, you give very good advice...

With my own pregnancy, my theory was that before 12 weeks (not that past 12 weeks is any guarantee) I would tell only the people whose support I would want if things went wrong. So I told my mom and my best friend. Literally everyone else found out after our NT scan at 12 or 13 weeks. But that is the epitome of "you do you." Everyone has to do what they want in that situation! Sing it from the rooftops as soon as the stick is dry if you want to.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I do too. Though unfortunately I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make. They could always borrow Jana and the lost girls.

And Mackenzie and Meredith :( At least if there are more than two-three girls they can share the work and have friends, since they're barely allowed to associate with people outside the family. 

18 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Why? To quell Derick's social media rantings. I suspected that a pregnancy might be in order here, but that the announcement would be saved until 1/16. Well, the jig is up! 

Unless that was the original plan, but now they're planning to announce Jinger's pregnancy on 1/16 :my_sick:

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

I'm going to go with a country theme for boys. Salvador!

I was also thinking they might be doing a country theme. But then I thought about how they would've named Izzy Selah if he were a girl and thought they might be doing a Hebrew bible theme. And Moses was the first thing I could think of that was as speshul as Israel.

1 minute ago, TuringMachine said:

I was thinking they might be doing a country theme. But then I thought about how they would've named Izzy Selah if he were a girl and thought they might be doing a Hebrew bible theme. And Moses was the first thing I could think of that was as speshul as Israel.

Can you imagine the pressure to be religious if your names are Israel and Moses? LOL Not that the kids aren't doomed anyway, but cripes.

I've been trying for hours to view the prego video on the dillard blog - but their website is down.

Confession time:  which of you FJ snarkettes broke it???? Hmmmm?

At least FJ didn't crash today as it did when Jinger's wedding aired, so there is that.

19 hours ago, calimojo said:

Their "mission" efforts were all over the board.  I would think that real missionaries are probably more focused on a few measurable and sustainable goals that they work on, rather than what it would seem that Derick has done. And unless he is bringing food or water or medical supplies to those families he is visiting with, I am pretty sure that doesn't count as a ministry.  And stamping a pile of stupid tracts and forcing them on people is also not mission work. 

Any missionary that I've been exposed to has a clear cut goal and its not just winning souls. The money request will be more like "Please consider donating $40 a month. If just 10 people do that we can build 1 well to give another village access to clean water " or something like that. Any that I have seen the goal is to better the area they are serving so things like wells, schools, food, medical supplies etc not just accept our Jesus. 

Derick is such a tool. Although I have wondered if he has been suffering from some kind of depression because of his circumstances (admittedly circumstances he brought on himself).

About the bump photo: that would be a fun picture to take with any other family because the chances of you being pregnant alongside your sister and sister-in-law at the same time are probably slim. However, with these fundamentalists, we are aware that women are nagged 24/7 to have lots of babies and that makes the photo look sad and creepy.

4 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

You know these creeps are excitedly looking forward to the day where they can line up ALL of the sisters (and female in-laws) pregnant at once. Yuck.

Lately I have been wondering if Derick is a very angry person. Angry people do not handle toddlers well.

I don't know why people always assume Derick and Jill left because of Josh. At the end of the last season of 19 kids, there was a teaser that basically showed Jill and Derick telling their parents they were going to leave on mission work. And it was filmed BEFORE the Josh stuff was made public.

So I don't really identify myself as pro-choice or pro-life. Though my views are definitely more on the "life" side of things. But even so....his Twitter post disgusts me. What a freaking creep!  Mind you own business, dirt bag. Get a job. Take care of YOUR family. And maybe do us all a favor and disappear from the public eye, weirdo.

I remember seeing that footage.  But at the same time I do think Jill was shocked and saddened by what occurred with josh before and after re the scandalsi

i think of everyone she just wanted to leave.But now she can't because of the baby and now she doesn't have to 

derick is ranting because now he has to find a fake job otherwise the jumpers won't believe he provides

3 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

jill would be far along enough to know the gender by the time jessa gives birth. how hilariously bitchy (and jessa) would it be for the seewalds to steal baby dilly #2's name?

also... keeping in with the pregnant duggar people spread ideas: jill's pregnant now, due in july. jessa's pregnant now, due in early feb. hypothetically, jessa could be pregnant again by the time jill gives birth. in that time i'm sure jinger will be pregnant too, and anna, and if joy's married, i'm sure she will be too.

DUGGAR PREGNANCY BONANZA!

Ok that's just insane if jessa gets pregnant in June of next year

ok she could but holy crap

Father's Day anyone bueller

and Harley I live what you said for those of us who have never been pregnant and probably won't because. Of whatever props to you

thank you for thoughts beyond reproduction 

Maui is heaven

2 hours ago, bal maiden said:

In fairness, if Jinger is pregnant, she can announce whenever the fuck she wants. No should or shouldn't about it. 

I personally think there is a pecking order in that family.

If jinger is pregnant she'll announce after her episode in January. They'll also tease a special announcement every 5 minutes until it airs.

4 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I never take Duggars at their word, so I assumed this time around they'd wait a bit longer  to announce. (Surprised they made it this long, though!)

However, I'm very sure I remember at their last pregnancy announcement they specifically said they intentionally wanted every one to know immediately, because the fetus was a loved and legitimate baby, etc, along those lines. (I don't remember the exact wording) I'm interested in what they will excuse that with this time since they waited to announce. Is baby two not at important as baby one?

Either they weren't sure if this one would stick, or the producers told her she couldn't steal Jinger's thunder.

Also, Derick, cut your damn hair and write a nasty Yelp review about your oral surgeon.

And am I the only one getting some major End of The Graduate vibes from their facial expressions, especially Derick's? Yaaayyyyy we're having a baby...ohgodfuckmylife.

Omygod Michelle is positively loopy in the congrats video. She was just rambling in her baby voice like she was on a completely different planet. 

"can you say baby?"
"grilled cheese"

guess who made the comment, michelle or izzy?

jill goes back and forth on how far along she is. 2 and a half, 3 months. she doesn't know!

2 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

jill goes back and forth on how far along she is. 2 and a half, 3 months. she doesn't know!

When you're joyfully available 24/7, it's hard to keep track when it could have been.

Also, it doesn't bode well for your midwife skills when you can't prepare that information for a video like this...

Part of me wonders if they did have a miscarriage but are announcing this pregnancy anyway as a way to stay in the states and avoid questions. Maybe keep storylines? Something feels off to me. 

I'm pretty sure she had a miscarriage since they waited to announce this one until almost the third month (she said she's 2 and a half months). I also think it's possible they were preventing overseas due to Zika because she must have gotten pregnant in September right when they just came home and started TTCing. 

Also why in the world do they need to always have a "special announcement" with a video? Big deal, we know her and Jessa are always going to be getting pregnant. Announcements were only news with Michelle since she has like 15 kids and everyone wanted to see how many more she'd have. Who cares, Jessa and Jill??? Also did anyone catch Jim bob's creepy "You guys are being fruitful and multiplying"?

I'm pretty sure she had a miscarriage since they waited to announce this one until almost the third month (she said she's 2 and a half months). I also think it's possible they were preventing overseas due to Zika because she must have gotten pregnant in September right when they just came home and started TTCing. 
Also why in the world do they need to always have a "special announcement" with a video? Big deal, we know her and Jess's are always going to be getting pregnant. Announcements were only news with Michelle since she has like 15 kids and everyone wanted to see how many more she'd have. Who cares, Jessa Andre jill? Also did anyone catch Jim bob's creepy "You guys are being fruitful and multiplying"?

He seriously said that !? 🤢🤢🤢 someone needs to recap the video
Also why in the world do they need to always have a "special announcement" with a video? Big deal, we know her and Jess's are always going to be getting pregnant. Announcements were only news with Michelle since she has like 15 kids and everyone wanted to see how many more she'd have. Who cares, Jessa Andre jill? Also did anyone catch Jim bob's creepy "You guys are being fruitful and multiplying"?

He seriously said that !? 🤢🤢🤢 someone needs to recap the video

I'm a little concerned for Derick's mental health.

I don't think he's got the life he wanted: that of an adventuring missionary. His wife (who he didn't really know) is proving to be more clingy/needy than he might have imagined and doesn't really want to be far away from home converting heathens (or wrong christians) and  he's had physical health problems, My speculation: they've suffered through a previous miscarriage (and we all know miscarriages are god's judgement on the spiritual state of the family), and now he's stuck back with Jimbob and Michelle for the foreseeable future - who he doesn't really like at all.

In my suspicion, he doesn't know who he is, who he's meant to be, or what he's meant to do - and now there's another baby on the way. It's no wonder he's feeling lost/fucked.

He's beating himself up something rotten - and it's coming out as angry.

I know this is all wild speculation  - but I've been through a massive adjustment of expectations in the past - it wasn't fun. And who knows if Derick isn't susceptible to depression or other mental health issues anyway? Being a Jeeesus boy doesn't mean you're mentally robust and can deal with anything. In fact, I'm sure mental health issues are another thing which is 'left up to prayer' instead of seeking appropriate medical help.

The poor chap is way out of his depth: he can't have the missionary career he dreamed of; health has taken a turn for the worse; wife is not what he expected; miscarriage/new baby; stuck with the in-laws; mental health issues(?)... there's probably other stuff we don't know about :-(

While I'd hire my cat as a midwife before I'd hire JillyMuffin, I never know what to say when someone asks how far along I am in months. I know in weeks, and I usually say that but if people look at me like they don't know what I mean (childless people, older people, men, whoever!) I end up looking like a total dope. "16 weeks so like 4 months? 3 months? 5 months? Something like that.". Bet more than one person has wandered away from a conversation like that with me aghast at me being a doctor.

(Note: Am not 16 weeks, nor pregnant. The Jozina Blessing Shop is hopefully out-blessinged)

9 minutes ago, jozina said:

While I'd hire my cat as a midwife before I'd hire JillyMuffin, I never know what to say when someone asks how far along I am in months. I know in weeks, and I usually say that but if people look at me like they don't know what I mean (childless people, older people, men, whoever!) I end up looking like a total dope. "16 weeks so like 4 months? 3 months? 5 months? Something like that.". Bet more than one person has wandered away from a conversation like that with me aghast at me being a doctor.

(Note: Am not 16 weeks, nor pregnant. The Jozina Blessing Shop is hopefully out-blessinged)

If someone tells me how pregnant they are in weeks, I expect them to add "and x days - we went out to the theatre that night and... you know... *wink wink*"

I don't need to know exactly *how* pregnant you are ;-)

I know its been said but I also implore the universe to give them a boy, boys for all the Dugger spawn. 

By chance, by purpose I’m glad it took this long. If Jilly Muffin wants to have more kids I want her to survive it w/o complications. 

A brief message of congratulations from the Vuolos. 

1 minute ago, Fascinated said:

A brief message of congratulations from the Vuolos. 

I do quite like Jinger's style - but does she not get hot wearing woolly hats at the time?

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

If jinger is pregnant she'll announce after her episode in January. They'll also tease a special announcement every 5 minutes until it airs.

"Baaaaaaaaaabe, we're having a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabe."

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived