IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

What some people do, and what I think they are referring to, is simply driving around certain neighborhoods (after dark) where lots of houses are lit up with decorations, and looking at them from the street (from the warmth of the car).

In my own suburban childhood in the San Francisco Bay Area I remember us doing that a few times -- you could always see from a distance the decorated houses, and we just "cruised" the more major residential streets until we saw a side street that looked like it had several lit up houses, then we went down that side street, driving really slowly, admiring the decorations.

I also think in most cases the decorations were designed with drive-by viewers in mind, so it wasn't creepy or stalkery, it was as intended.

I've done this as well, and it was really fun actually, especially as a date. Though, granted we were listening to Frank Sinatra Christmas carols and eating sugar cookies, not two graham crackers and that horrific 12 Voice of Christmas (which I am embarrassed to admit, I listened to out of curiosity. It's as dry and boring as you think it would be).  We drove through a tacky neighborhood that even had syncopated music as well as a ritzy neighborhood to ooh and aah over the mansions and their professional decorations. 

Caroling actually seems fun, but not in sub zero weather, and I don't think it counts as the total of their missionary work considering how much of an emphasis they place on being Jesus-like. Still waiting for their regular updates on all that volunteer work at homeless shelters and low income schools...

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/24/2016 at 0:50 PM, nausicaa said:

Still waiting for their regular updates on all that volunteer work at homeless shelters and low income schools...

We'll have to wait an awfully long time, since Stevehovah would never agree to that.  

I come back to this thread every four months or so and it's just as boring as the last time. Truly amazing.

New post up.  Uploaded a video of their Christmas concert two years ago.  Smug Joe and Goofy Anna still suck, and their instruments are out of tune

19 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  Uploaded a video of their Christmas concert two years ago.  Smug Joe and Goofy Anna still suck, and their instruments are out of tune

They come across as total zombies especially Mary and Jess. 

Looks like Stud John woukd have pent some time in the prayer closet after this was profermed as he seems to be slightly moving to the music, which some would call dancing.

I clicked the video just to make sure I haven't been remembering their 'music' as horrendous just because I dislike everything they do.

And nope, I haven't been remembering wrong. They suck to high heaven. If I encountered them 'singing' anywhere, I'd run away screaming. They are really that bad. There isn't a single ounce of talent there and it proves how special they think they are to their god that they even pretend. They really must think their god still performs miracles and makes what they do sound good to listeners.

John was really getting into that song! That was the closest to dancing any Maxwell has probably ever gotten. That family can't sing. 

Joseph's singing caterwauling  reminds me of a bad impression of Bob Dylan.  

That is horrible, but John looks like he's having fun. I'm sure he got in trouble after for "attempted dance" maybe there is some hope for him. 

I pity their neighbors during caroling night.  Invisible Elissa is stuck behind them Cuz she is only a Maxwell in law.

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John was really getting into that song! That was the closest to dancing any Maxwell has probably ever gotten. That family can't sing. 

The singing really is terrible. Maybe John was pretending to develop a passion for it in hopes that Steve would take it away and forbid him from attending future events.

Aw, I mean, Joseph and Anna aren't Freddy Mercury and Beyoncé, but they like playing for people and I'm glad they get to do it. I do wonder how Jesse would've sounded on the guitar, since he was a gifted player until Steve made him switch to piano because the Maxwells aren't supposed to like or excel at anything but prayer and supplication.

And John was definitely swaying and bending his knees. What some might call bopping along.

I was a bit confused about Elissa at first - "Is she drumming on her tummy?" - before I realized she was holding some kind of shaker. She sure had the adoring face down cold while Joseph was talking.

You all said it was bad, but I still had to go look for myself. That singing was BAD. I think he was going for a  bluegrass/hillbilly style, but he missed it by a mile! "Cuhmm end wership, cuhm end wershup!" AWFUL!!!!!!

54 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

You all said it was bad, but I still had to go look for myself. That singing was BAD. I think he was going for a  bluegrass/hillbilly style, but he missed it by a mile! "Cuhmm end wership, cuhm end wershup!" AWFUL!!!!!!

It's a lesson we all have to learn the hard way, I think.

No one can ever imagine the depths of Maxhell and it must be seen to be believed. Even if, and when, we know better.

Why did I click on the video?  I know they are flat out terrible, yet I still had to click.  Yup!  Still horrendous. Still nasal-ly and out of tune.  No talent whatsoever.  Their parents should be ashamed of themselves.

I did LOL a tiny bit at Joseph's intro: "We'll be playing Angels From the Realms Of Glory. Just think about what that means. They're angels. From the realms. Of glory. That means they're with God." Hee. Deep thoughts indeed.

17 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

Why did I click on the video?  I know they are flat out terrible, yet I still had to click.  Yup!  Still horrendous. Still nasal-ly and out of tune.  No talent whatsoever.  Their parents should be ashamed of themselves.

I watched it the first time. I knew what I was getting into. I clicked play anyway. WHY?

Remember "trust eeeeeeend obey?" Wasn't that Poor Sarah? Read those "ee's" as a long "e" sound. That's a terrible explanation but I can't look it up at work.

5 hours ago, Trynn said:

Remember "trust eeeeeeend obey?" Wasn't that Poor Sarah? Read those "ee's" as a long "e" sound. That's a terrible explanation but I can't look it up at work.

Pretty sure it was Anna. 

Has Sarah ever sung in their group?

there were a few bits of "Mary Did You Know" that Anna did okay on, but as a whole, it was bad.  I can't listen to Joseph at all, speaking or singing. And I thought Elissa was just going to wrap her arms around him and cling to him at one point. 

5 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

Has Sarah ever sung in their group?

I don't think she has, or maybe just in the very beginning of their "music ministry". She does have a banjo and she even played it a little when they were recording their cd a few years ago. And I think I've seen Teri with a guitar. Sarah also played piano in a concert they held for their elderly friends. Speaking of the elderly... where have they gone? Have the Maxwells been kicked out of the care home? One can only hope that's the case...

edit. Has the energizing and black coffee drinking Swift Otter team taken over FJ? I see snow falling on my screen.

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Has the energizing and black coffee drinking Swift Otter team taken over FJ? I see snow falling on my screen.

Just want you to feel at home  :cloud9:

On 12/23/2016 at 4:29 PM, usmcmom said:

I guess because Steve reads here and saw all the criticism about his clan caroling in sub-zero temperatures, making their neighbors stand in the cold to listen, and refusing to revise The Holy Schedule. Or maybe it was all the compliments Sarah received on her selfie. We can't have a Maxwell woman feeling good about herself, can we ??

Did she receive comments on the blog or here? Cause we know Steve reads here. HI STEVE!

I only see 2 comments on the caroling post. Were there more before? I saved it on Archive in case he decides to remove it again.

9 hours ago, nomoxian said:

Did she receive comments on the blog or here? Cause we know Steve reads here. HI STEVE!

I only see 2 comments on the caroling post. Were there more before? I saved it on Archive in case he decides to remove it again.

I was speculating that Steve had read the comments here regarding the caroling post. I don't think there were any PUBLISHED comments on the blog; at least any that criticized them for going put that night. We never know what he sees and refuses to publish. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived