IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

On 1/5/2017 at 11:51 AM, formergothardite said:

DSC_5443.jpg      

He has more life in him than the others. Christopher and Nathan look dead inside. Joseph has always looked like a smug asshole. And Jessie might be nice, but seems to blend into the background. John stands out because he actually looks happy in a good many pictures. He was always the "bad" one and I'm wondering if Steve wasn't able to completely beat the spirit out of him. 

The shirt is getting a bit tight on him, though. Could be just because he is forced to put on layers. 

I Don't think Steve was able to completely beat John's spirit out of him. Since John is a real estate agent as well as his irrigation business, he seems the most likely to move away from the insanity. He deals with more normal people than anyone in the family it seems. John is so hot. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Is it just me or has Sarah been seen in the blog pictures a lot more lately? It all started with that cute selfie ("yours truly" - did she wear mascara there???), and since then we have seen her more than in the last year combined. And not just that, but at least to me she has looked genuinely happy. I can't help but wish she has someone special in her mind and therefore posts more of herself for that person to see. As much as I wish no fundie marries and procreates and continues with their awful legacy, I gotta admit I hope Sarah finds her true love and gets to live her own life outside the compound. She's the exception that proves the rule for me.

From your screen to The Universe's ears!

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This reminds me very much of my parents' wedding picture. My parents were married in1976. I'm guessing Teri and Steve were married close to 76.

Yes, I believe they said 1974.

Frills on tuxedo shirts were all the rage in the '70's. 

That is interesting because I would have thought that Steve's ego would never have let him get into other conferences that he can't control. 

23 minutes ago, Justmurrayed said:

That is interesting because I would have thought that Steve's ego would never have let him get into other conferences that he can't control. 

Yet another sign of how business is going, I suppose.:562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

1 minute ago, Elegant Mess said:

I definitely agree. I think he probably had to step out of his ego comfort zone because all of his conferences have dried up. Maybe there is hope for the women-children to marry. 

39 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

They started out with IBLP and then branched out to do it on their own. I guess now that business is way down they are going to go back to the cult. 

It's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot, but *maybe* the girls could find a spouse through it somehow? Isn't that the traditional way for IBLP members to meet their partners- through the yearly conferences? 

1 hour ago, Elegant Mess said:

Bet they'll be bringing plenty of boxes of their products and order forms.

In addition to my previous post- it could be somewhere for the guys to meet wives. Isn't that a way they've been met in the past? Sorry for odd phrasing but don't remember who. 

Or, of course, it could be only Steve and Teri going which leaves my theory in the dust. Unless they take their kids along for the experience. Who knows.

Still, Stevie will NEVER EVER let those girls marry, sadly that's never gonna happen. I do hope there's some fundie boy who will jump through hoops to get a Maxwell girl but the likelihood of that happening is none to zero.

ALSO, Why in the world are the Maxwells speaking at a IBLP conference??? They're not ATI.

Speaking if marriage new post up.  The unmarried kidults watched the kids while the married kids plus Coward and Griselda went out on a group date.  Poor Sarah claims Goofy Anna and Scary Mary came up with the idea they babysit while the grownups go out.  Bullshit.  I  don't even call it a date when Coward Steve and Griselda Teri tag along.

And why in the hell are Amish Anna and Invisible Elissa wearing coats inside?  Lazy Ass Melanie isn't.

Daniel isn't visible in the group shot with the kids. Maybe he was with NR Anna because he's quite young still, about 6 months IIRC

Looks like Calia's finally getting some hair! I was exactly the same at her age. Didn't get any visible hair till I was about 15 months, which is her age currently. 

13 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

Both businesses, I reckon. Don't know who needs the other more: IBLP or the Maxwells.

4 hours ago, johnhugh said:

'couples date night' - too much info...

Eh, I don't think there would have been much rumpy pumpy going on. I mean - they don't seem to have needed date nights to breed like rabbits in the past. 

Maybe it's a new type of contraception: instead of putting the kids to bed early and potentially making babies, you head out for a meal out with the Same Family You Spend Every Other Minute of the Day With. That would work on several levels.

10 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

ALSO, Why in the world are the Maxwells speaking at a IBLP conference??? They're not ATI

I'm like 90% sure that they were at one point. IBLP is most likely just as desperate as Steve. Steve is probably hoping to sell all his existing stock and IBLP is probably hoping that Steve's followers(not many left, though) will show up to hear him speak and then get roped into the cult. You don't have to be an ATI member to come to these conferences anymore, they are used to recruit new members too. 

14 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm like 90% sure that they were at one point. IBLP is most likely just as desperate as Steve. Steve is probably hoping to sell all his existing stock and IBLP is probably hoping that Steve's followers(not many left, though) will show up to hear him speak and then get roped into the cult. You don't have to be an ATI member to come to these conferences anymore, they are used to recruit new members too. 

I wasn`t aware of that but good to know, it`s all business.

10 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Poor Sarah claims Goofy Anna and Scary Mary came up with the idea

How amusing, as if original thoughts are allowed in Maxhell. 

1 hour ago, FloraKitty35 said:

How amusing, as if original thoughts are allowed in Maxhell. 

It's not really original though, is it - it's really only a variation of The Aunts Mind the Kids Every Monday in the Garden They Call Aunties' Park Because they're Severely Lacking in Life Experience. 

Why can't each couple have their own separate date night?  Its not like Goofy and Scary have a life  or anything.

Or they could still all go out on the same night, but to different destinations. What struck me is that they do this only once a year. 

14 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Still, Stevie will NEVER EVER let those girls marry, sadly that's never gonna happen. I do hope there's some fundie boy who will jump through hoops to get a Maxwell girl but the likelihood of that happening is none to zero.

ITA, he's got too many "must haves" on the list for a suitable husband for his daughters versus the "must haves" for a wife for his sons.  And even the latter didn't always work in the case of Joe and Christopher.  I believe Nathan married before things went completely cray cray though Steveovah was well along the crazy road even then.

In short, he's got impossible standards and I don't believe for a minute that there hasn't been suitors for the daughters who have been found unworthy and sent packing.   I also think word gets around about that which discourages more suitors.  Now the girls are getting older and their opportunities are even more limited given their stifling life, limited social interactions and I hate to say it, age, as far as their particular fundie group is concerned.    

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived