IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

6 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

All of the kidults have expressed interest in ministry/humanitarian work and Steve has squashed it all. Jesse wanted to be an overseas missionary, Christopher an EMT, oh...I can't remember the others, but Nathan and The others of course were all talked out of it. I do wonder when something happens to Steve, how long before they start to do their own thing and do what they want? Maybe they are all to brainwashed to ever leave...I do have hope for John (small, but some) 

I know that most of the kidults had some desire at one point to to be productive citizens that actually helped the community. I also wonder how long before they break out and do the things(and what they may be!) that weren't allowed in Steve's world. In one way I hope the blog never ends for the sole reason I need to know what happens to them when he dies. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Anal-retentive personalities?

Steve. They must schedule around his bible time, bible study, bible worship, bible idolization. They must wait until he dares put the bible down without turning to dust.

I just checked the Maxwell blog. After getting an "error" message for about an hour, I finally was able to view it. It appears the caroling post is gone. Anybody else see it?  

6 minutes ago, kpmom said:

No, it's gone for me too.

Wonder why?

I guess because Steve reads here and saw all the criticism about his clan caroling in sub-zero temperatures, making their neighbors stand in the cold to listen, and refusing to revise The Holy Schedule. Or maybe it was all the compliments Sarah received on her selfie. We can't have a Maxwell woman feeling good about herself, can we ??

Yep, its gone.  Sarah posts a gorgeous picture of herself, and Stevie makes her take it down. Tool.

Huh. Gone. How bizarre. But then the Maxwells are bizarre (to put things mildly).

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Steve. They must schedule around his bible time, bible study, bible worship, bible idolization. They must wait until he dares put the bible down without turning to dust.

That is all Steve cares about the Bible.  He has a problem when other people around him don't spend the majority of the day reading and studying the Bible. 

Yep, gone.

Poor Maxwells can't take an ounce of criticism or a single question from anyone. No doubt even their minions asked about their making neighbors stand with open doors in sub zero temps to listen to them sing.

Tsk tsk Steve. Lying for Jesus is still lying.

5 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

I hadn't read the comments on the caroling a blog. What did they say?

I didn't either. I was just speculating on reasons for it to disappear.

Interesting. I would think their caroling would consist of the sacred carols. Most times I went caroling with a group, we ended with We Wish You a Merry Christmas, so maybe they do too, but just the first verse. After all, talking about figgy pudding and "we won't go until we get some" brings out greed.

The caroling post is back up. Must have been a glitch. 

There's a new post up about that 12 voices of Christmas thing they listn to every year when looking at Christmas lights. This year they took Gigi!

What gets me about Steve isn't just that he wants others to believe what he believes, but also do literally everything the way he does, including his family's traditions.

The Maxwells go caroling each year? So should you. They listen to a certain CD each year? So should you. They have their service at home with a nativity set? So should you. 

Steve truly thinks everyone should be exactly like him and run their families exactly how he runs his. 

Sarah looks so cute in her hat!  Thank the FSM that I do not live near them nor have to endure their caroling.  I've listened to their musical samples on their blog and ........ blech!  I like my eardrums intact, thank you.

5 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

Post  is back up -apparently the blog had a hiccup....

I'd like to apologize to Steve for being snarky about the disappearing post. We've all had those kinds of glitches before and I jumped to the wrong conclusion. I'm sorry, Steve. 

I was thinking that it seemed like everyone was possibly, maybe, overreacting to the caroling thing. And then I went to the store. I managed to only get half my items (and I'm not going back because it's a mad house) because there was a middle schooler playing Christmas carols on a lower brass instrument. I admired his strength (he was really bad and it was 4 degrees out) but I was absolutely NOT in the mood. It was such a terrible thing to do - I hate the manipulation of putting the salvation army people, the boy scouts, the girl scouts, bbbs and whatever else in the f-ing doorway. And with this middle school kid/band/whatever, it carried throughout the store as a reminder that I would have to pass them and get hit up for money again. 

Is it my imagination (or shadows, or failing vision), or does Sarah have on some eyeliner in her (gorgeous) selfie? Also looks like Elissa is wearing makeup to dinner. I love her red skirt and want it for myself.

*sigh* this was a humping post, wasn't it? Brb, off to the prayer closet.

I wonder if the Maxwells used vanilla extract and almond extract in those poppy seed loaves that they baked.  I know of some fundies who won't use real extracts because of the alcohol.  They have to use the fake stuff even though it doesn't taste as good.

48 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I wonder if the Maxwells used vanilla extract and almond extract in those poppy seed loaves that they baked.  I know of some fundies who won't use real extracts because of the alcohol.  They have to use the fake stuff even though it doesn't taste as good.

I guess they wouldn't know the alcohol burns off? Because science and all 

Sarah, if you read this, you look gorgeous in your new blog post. She probably doesn't get many compliments because of the nature of her family so I thought I'd add in my two cents. 

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:56 PM, hollyandivy said:
7 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Due to their seemingly excessive thrift when it comes to edibles, I imagine that they use imitation almost everything.  Alcoholwise, there is some in many cough medicines and mouthwashes.

Speaking of alcohol, I marinate maraschino cherries with stems in Chambord for as long as possible.  Then, let 'em drain well and dip in melted chocolate.  Not too bad, if I say so myself!

Yes Sarah does look pretty in that selfie.  Back to the snark.  That pic of all of them in the van plus Gigi reminds me of the time they were strapped in the van with their Blizzards from DQ.

1 hour ago, Trynn said:

We have a light display in my town, but you can't drive through it, you walk. Where are the maxhellions going ghat they can DRIVE?

What some people do, and what I think they are referring to, is simply driving around certain neighborhoods (after dark) where lots of houses are lit up with decorations, and looking at them from the street (from the warmth of the car).

In my own suburban childhood in the San Francisco Bay Area I remember us doing that a few times -- you could always see from a distance the decorated houses, and we just "cruised" the more major residential streets until we saw a side street that looked like it had several lit up houses, then we went down that side street, driving really slowly, admiring the decorations.

I also think in most cases the decorations were designed with drive-by viewers in mind, so it wasn't creepy or stalkery, it was as intended.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived