IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

I wonder what differentiates this gathering from all other Maxwell gatherings, since this one is called a "party." What makes it a party? God knows there's no alcohol or even games to be had. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, lauraloralara said:

I wonder what differentiates this gathering from all other Maxwell gatherings, since this one is called a "party." What makes it a party? God knows there's no alcohol or even games to be had. 

I wonder if there were presents. I know gifts don't make it a party but little ones love to receive a small surprise wrapped up just for them. My family stopped exchanging gifts among the adults long ago but we always make sure the kids have a little trinket. One year my aunt taped brown lunch bags to a wide door frame. Each bag had a child's name on it and contained a couple dollar store items and a candy cane. The kids were giddy over those brown bags!!

I know the Maxwells do exchange presents on Christmas - just wondering if they do any extra little things for their "parties."  

A "Christmas Party" - otherwise known as Tuesday?

My average week day has more interesting, challenging, exciting things happen than happens at their 'party'.

I talk to coworkers and hear about their lives and things they've done; I talk to customers and suppliers and we chat about current events and the weather; I talk to family & friends and we make plans, meet up, talk of things we did over the holidays or weekend. Sometimes I meet friends for happy hour or dinner. Today we're having a Retirement luncheon for a coworker whose last day is tomorrow, and tonight we are taking her out for some drinks. Yes, I said Her. She's been her more than 30 years and is a manager, over boys even! She would totally make Steve cry with her wit, intelligence and refusal to back down from anyone or anything.

Last night I read Lauren Graham's book Talking as Fast as I Can for a couple of hours before going to bed. It is a new book; not one I've read or had special time with or family time with or memorized since birth. It is a new read that engages the cells in my brain.

Tonight, my sister, sister in law, one niece and one cousin are gathering at said cousin's house to share some wine while we wrap white elephant presents for our extended family (relative?) Christmas in two weeks. No man will be there to protect us; no bible will be read; no 'special family time of fellowship' will be had. But, we will enjoy ourselves and laugh and have fun, of that I don't doubt. And knowing us, we will create actual memories. We have been doing that our whole lives.

Basically, their party is another boring, controlled, uninspiring day. My daily life is more of a party than their parties.

They really do get more pathetic with each blog post.

Abby's got shorter hair again. Bethany and Christina have never had long hair- wonder if it's a personal choice. (Odd idea in Maxhell I know). 

I would bet they did this party because some of the "extended" family weren't going to be around for Christmas itself. Maybe Joseph and Elissa? 

3 hours ago, lauraloralara said:

There was no talk of death, other than Christ's, and they had frosted cookies, possibly two or three apiece judging from the photos.

A wild night, to be sure.

The second picture from the bottom makes me sad. Small, wriggly bodies being contained on laps, being forced to remain still while Steve, I assume, drones on and on. It's not a bad thing for children to be able to sit still, but this was supposed to be a holiday party. What child that age wants to remain sitting silently with the grown-ups when there are other kids they could be having fun with?

No Maxwell is ever let off their tether.

All those bookshelves sitting empty like metaphors for the inevitable gaps in their kids' education. All those minds that will go to waste. What a damn shame.

It's a shame that the only book allowed in Maxhell is the Bible (King Stevehovah Version), so why bother with bookshelves in the first place.

It's a shame that the only book allowed in Maxhell is the Bible (King Stevehovah Version), so why bother with bookshelves in the first place.

You can never have too many King James bibles?

I'm amazed Anna was allowed to sing Mary Did You Know? Okay, it's a Bible-based Christmas song. Hey, I just had a thought. Mark Lowry who wrote that song, he's single! Yeah, he may be closer to Steve's age than Sarah's but he's single! Like, never been married. Interesting........go get her Mark!

16 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

They have "How To" books as well; that's how they learn so much stuff without being taught! (Gag)

Their computer knowledge - from the books. Music 'skill' (barf) - learned from books.

They can have books that are not the bible. Just not fiction (unless it's Sarah's Moody books...and let's face it, those books are more autobiographical than fiction anyway), and not entertaining. All books must be godly or teach them something they can use to make money in a godly way.

I actually was feeling positive about the what some would call a party photos. Possibly because of Nate & Abby with their ukuleles, or Sarah off the clock as court photographer  and with Abby (?) enjoying a little hug, or the relative absence of Stevovah and his Terifying chief acolyte.  

Music books with the words to "Row Your Boat" Sharpie-censored out for blasphemous concepts. Yep, that's all it took to lift the bloom from that rose!

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Anyone remember when Melanie is due?  It seems, or maybe it's me, that they're keeping quiet about her progress.  Hope all is well.

I believe it's sometime in March.

They do seem quiet about it, I agree.

The fact that she was at the Christmas party I think is a positive sign that she's doing well and is not currently on bed rest.

Maybe things are going well so they don't need to continuously update and ask for prayers.

Fess up-- who left the comment on their blog post complimenting them for their denim skirts and frumpers?

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Fess up-- who left the comment on their blog post complimenting them for their denim skirts and frumpers?

Not to mention Johnna carrying a flashlight in her purse…

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Not to mention Johnna carrying a flashlight in her purse…

Johnna has been posting for years. AFAIK, John hugh has denied all involvement, but I can't say I buy that.

On 12/29/2016 at 3:24 PM, Season of life... said:

There was no talk of death, other than Christ's, and they had frosted cookies, possibly two or three apiece judging from the photos.

A wild night, to be sure.

The second picture from the bottom makes me sad. Small, wriggly bodies being contained on laps, being forced to remain still while Steve, I assume, drones on and on. It's not a bad thing for children to be able to sit still, but this was supposed to be a holiday party. What child that age wants to remain sitting silently with the grown-ups when there are other kids they could be having fun with?

No Maxwell is ever let off their tether.

Some of my best childhood memories are when we went visiting to the homes of all the aunts, uncles, and cousins.  We weren't with the adults.  The cousins would run off and play and the adults would do their visiting.  Lots of laughter coming from the kids rooms or the playroom, and lots of laughter coming from the kitchen where the adults were.  That's the way it should be.  There is a continuous theme in their blog posts that motherhood equals misery.  I know they have to do that so they can sell more of their junk, but perhaps Teri wouldn't have been such a miserable mother if her husband let her have some fun.  Mothers deserve to have alone time with other adults.  There's nothing wrong with that. 

I think Maxwell's may use 'party' the way my in-laws do. 

When we visit my husbands parents, all his brothers, sisters-un-law, nieces and nephews descend on the house. That means 30 - 40 people in a regular suburban house. It's crowded and noisy. There is always a fresh baby and always crying toddlers. There is always a birthday that has to be celebrated so there is always a cake and presents. This is not a party.

A party looks exactly the same but there has been some level of planning. Someone will ring us and tell us to come. (I stress tell not ask us to come.) Someone will have been shopping for food beforehand. Same food as normal but it will have been bought that morning rather than just what is already in the cupboards. 

To an outsider, you wouldn't see this difference. From within, there is a big difference. A party is stressful. Everything is 'planned' and must go correctly. Four course meal and if you choose not to eat a course, you are in trouble because X went to so much trouble to plan it. (Even though its the same as every other meal there.)  I'm going to stop now. Horrible memories.

13 hours ago, 16strong said:

Johnna has been posting for years. AFAIK, John hugh has denied all involvement, but I can't say I buy that.

Not me, one of my only comment that got past Stevie this year was asking if Nate had remembered to order the Pizza a few weeks ago. 

I wonder what time their Annual New Year's Eve wailing and cying party kicks off this tonight. Will you be streaming it live Stevie?

Sarah says the party happened "a few weeks ago" which makes me wonder what they had going on in their lives so that they couldn't have a party closer to Christmas. I know December is a busy time for lots of people but the Maxwells never DO anything. 

Sarah posted a Happy New Year wish.

Nothing about wailing and crying for their unsaved neighbors.  I wonder if they still do that?

The family photo she posted drives me crazy.  She and Teri are seated in front, but Sarah's stool is shorter than Teri's making the picture out of balance to my eyes.

It also gives Sarah a small, childish appearance, imo.

Maybe that's the point?

Sad to pose an almost 35 year old woman in a position that makes her look like she is a child.  Also, wouldn't it have looked more in balance if Teri & Steve were seated in front on equally sized stools and Sarah in the back with her siblings?  

And of course the photo only includes 'family', the three who've married no longer being counted, nor their children.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived