IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

I just realized something 2016 is the first year that there has been no dog and pony show aka conference.

My first thought is: Good

My second thought is: maybe they'll pick things back up when Stevehovah reluctantly passes his mantle to Christopher - he and NR-Anna would make an attractive choice to pass on his narrow, vile, family-oriented, family-sheltering, family-only, Godly teachings.

Hi Steve!

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Trynn said:

I don't think they had conferences last year either....

I think they did do some conferences in 2015, just not that many. 

They list four conferences in 2015 on their website.

As much as they, and most other fundies, like to think otherwise, their audience is small. Once you've done your 'tour' for a few years, you've covered anyone willing to have you for any amount of money or even free. And, considering Steve is worse than most average fundies in his isolation and death obsession and over-sheltering of his offspring, his audience was smaller still.

Things started dropping off shortly after they peaked, and the last four or five years they've really tumbled and you could clearly see the drop off and lack of interest. By last year it was clear there was no more shilling themselves on the road; so clear even they had to admit it.

Now, they stay home all the time and try to repackage their self published books to gain interest. I am pretty sure they're not succeeding as well as they'd like.

On December 31, 2016 at 10:46 PM, FloraKitty35 said:

Sad to pose an almost 35 year old woman in a position that makes her look like she is a child.  Also, wouldn't it have looked more in balance if Teri & Steve were seated in front on equally sized stools and Sarah in the back with her siblings?  

Men must be standing in the Wide Stance pose. Stevehova, Lord of the BarcaLounger, proclaimed "No woman's head can be higher than mine!!" He thinks he the King of Siam from The King and I. 

Sarah, good lord, that outfit. Awful. Anna is trying to draw attention to her countenance with her scarf. Anna, just a hint sweetie.... Burn that fugly skirt. Crazy eyed Mary, John & Jesse.... These people suck the fun out of life. 

If you scroll down to December 12th 2006 you will see the blog post about Christopher's first courtship. I haven't found a post that mentions an engagement, but I haven't looked too hard. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20070224045746/http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php

ETA: I found it. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20070517100706/http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php

It is in a March post. They were going to get married October 20, 2007

Looked at the Christmas photo-report last night. 

Three takeaways: what? NO church service? As in, none? 

2: Kids actually got a brand-name toy?

3: When she's not smiling on cue for the cameras, NR Anna is down right beautiful gorgeous pretty!  And her new little boy favors her.

Final takeaway:  Sad sad sad. Repeat a dozen times. Poor Sarah. 

John joined the Apple Watch team in other words Stehovah can now track your location at all times...

Terri got a couple of spoons. Is this Stevie's way of hinting he wants more than a back rub at sweet fellowshiping time?

31 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

Terri got a couple of spoons. Is this Stevie's way of hinting he wants more than a back rub at sweet fellowshiping time?

Lol!

I was thinking Teri probably told Steve she'd like him to spoon with her and this is what she got.

In addition to @MamaJunebug's takeaways, I'd like to add Sarah getting a suitcase for short trips.  I wonder where Sarah is going for these short trips that require a suitcase?

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh God. The Wayback Machine is a trip and a half. 

In some ways, they seemed more real; human. In other ways, just more terrifying.

I'm somewhat new to discovering the cult of Maxhell  and I find them endlessly horrifying and fascinating (in a horrifying way).

What was the origin of Stevehovah's mania for isolation and over-sheltering and his death obsession?  Was there a traumatic event(s) or what?

I cannot help thinking that Steve had some sort of mental breakdown, psychotic break, mini-stroke(s), etc. --, something mental that caused him to be this way.

And for whatever reason -- fear, intimidation, physical/verbal abuse, humor the sick man, brainwashing,  etc. -- Teri and all of the children have restricted their lives into smaller and smaller circles until there is only the tiny circle of the family where every moment of every day is scheduled and must accounted for.

I'm sure that it's been said previously, but Steve is an evil tyrant of the first order, and Teri exhibits all the symptoms of an abused wife who is also clinically depressed.

On 1/3/2017 at 1:27 PM, mango_fandango said:

I think they did do some conferences in 2015, just not that many. 

Good find on the Wayback machine, formergothardite!  I was wrong -- it wasn't a brown sweater, it was even better:  a brown frumper!  Such a delight!

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:03 PM, WonderingInWA said:

Yes, but there seems to be more than one broken engagement in her past and it was hard to know if she blogged about the one with Christopher or not.  Certainly Stevie had her sign a contract not to, right?  Maybe she got to keep the ring if she kept details private?  It was all weird and hush-hush on the Maxhell front.

We did go through all of this at one point.

Sara has no blog posts about the Christopher engagement being broken but the one after that was very public. I haven't looked in forever but it was all there on her blog. I presume it's gone now...actually, I think we found most of the back story on broken engagement #2 on waybackmachine...but I can't really remember any of that for sure. I just remember it all being talked about and clarified. She joined Match.com to find her current husband - good for her, not waiting for god to drop a man in her dad's lap the way Steve is waiting for a man to fall in his for any of his daughters. She is certainly fundie, and deep with IBLP, etc...but at least she took charge of her own life and went out looking for what she wanted.

I will never forgive her though for naming her daughter Abigail Absher.

That's almost - not quite, but close to - as bad as Alexandria Alexander.

She's not blogging but on IG she's schilling Plexus. She's on that bandwagon with a seatbelt!

2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

We did go through all of this at one point.

Sara has no blog posts about the Christopher engagement being broken but the one after that was very public. I haven't looked in forever but it was all there on her blog. I presume it's gone now...actually, I think we found most of the back story on broken engagement #2 on waybackmachine...but I can't really remember any of that for sure. I just remember it all being talked about and clarified. She joined Match.com to find her current husband - good for her, not waiting for god to drop a man in her dad's lap the way Steve is waiting for a man to fall in his for any of his daughters. She is certainly fundie, and deep with IBLP, etc...but at least she took charge of her own life and went out looking for what she wanted.

I will never forgive her though for naming her daughter Abigail Absher.

That's almost - not quite, but close to - as bad as Alexandria Alexander.

She's not blogging but on IG she's schilling Plexus. She's on that bandwagon with a seatbelt!

Abby Absher -- ugh!  I saw the Plexus stuff and it looks like they may have moved to Pennsylvania which is where family/parents are.  She is an outgoing girl and was probably going stir crazy living in Podunk, WY.  I'm surprised she's working and wonder what her husband does?  He looks quite a bit younger than her.

2 minutes ago, WonderingInWA said:

Abby Absher -- ugh!  I saw the Plexus stuff and it looks like they may have moved to Pennsylvania which is where family/parents are.  She is an outgoing girl and was probably going stir crazy living in Podunk, WY.  I'm surprised she's working and wonder what her husband does?  He looks quite a bit younger than her.

They were always in PA, just not in the same area as her parents. I don't know where he works but he did recently take (and pass) his CPA exam, and they apparently bought a house too, so he is doing well in the provider/headship department.

And she is as overly bubbly as ever so apparently they are well and happy and that's a good thing.

She never, ever, ever would have been bubbly again if the marriage to Christopher had happened.

48 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm somewhat new to discovering the cult of Maxhell  and I find them endlessly horrifying and fascinating (in a horrifying way).

What was the origin of Stevehovah's mania for isolation and over-sheltering and his death obsession?  Was there a traumatic event(s) or what?

I cannot help thinking that Steve had some sort of mental breakdown, psychotic break, mini-stroke(s), etc. --, something mental that caused him to be this way.

And for whatever reason -- fear, intimidation, physical/verbal abuse, humor the sick man, brainwashing,  etc. -- Teri and all of the children have restricted their lives into smaller and smaller circles until there is only the tiny circle of the family where every moment of every day is scheduled and must accounted for.

I'm sure that it's been said previously, but Steve is an evil tyrant of the first order, and Teri exhibits all the symptoms of an abused wife who is also clinically depressed.

I think a large part of it came from Steve's biological father's infidelity and his parent's eventual divorce. It may have been latent until he was stationed in Thailand (I don't think we ever confirmed he was stationed in Vietnam). Being stationed far away from home and seeing the local working girls... He might have felt that he was following his father down the path of sin and went fundy to control his urges.

Drew is such a cute little boy.  Its a shame he's gonna grow up to be an patriarchal asshole like his daddy, grandpa, and uncles.

Something snapped in Steve when Nathan and Christopher were young, he and Teri met in college, found Jesus, he had a great job with Boeing, and the kids were in a Christian school, sports, friends, and a regular church. Teri should have taken the kids and moved away, when he started to go batshit crazy, but she is just as much at fault here. I think Gigi stays around and puts up with Steve's bullshit because she knows he will cut her out of her grandchildren and great grandchildren's life like he has every other family member. It's very sad. 

8 hours ago, johnhugh said:

I thought they were tongs.  The first thing that came to my mind was that her husband got them for her and said "No more gynecological exams!  We can do them ourselves now!"  My mind is warped, what can I say. 

42 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

I think Gigi stays around and puts up with Steve's bullshit because she knows he will cut her out of her grandchildren and great grandchildren's life like he has every other family member. It's very sad. 

I think you are right. Gigi along with her late husband probably felt if they just kepted sweet and did not piss off Steve they can be part of their daughter, grandchildren, and great- grandchildren lives. 

I do wonder if deep down they wanted to tell Steve off but did not. 

Argh. Am stuck down the Wayback Maxwell Machine rabbit hole. Please send ferrets and chocolate. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived