IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

Sad to pose an almost 35 year old woman in a position that makes her look like she is a child.  Also, wouldn't it have looked more in balance if Teri & Steve were seated in front on equally sized stools and Sarah in the back with her siblings?  

If I didn't know better, I would assume that Sarah was Stevehovah's second wife, not his daughter. There seems like there's a divide between Sarah and all the other 'children'; she looks so unsure of herself, like her body is trying to take up the least amount of space possible, while everyone else has a reasonable level of smug with a ridiculous wide leg stance for the manly men.

Also, how many times can you say (badly) that God has so many thoughts for you that they outnumber grains of sands on the beach? Three, apparently. Is this intentional on Sarah's part (like pastors using repetition to get a point across) or just accidental? Grammatically it's annoying :(

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no doubt that the Maxwells wail for unwon souls, but how do people know about this? Was it posted somewhere once?

On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 0:45 PM, johnhugh said:

Not me, one of my only comment that got past Stevie this year was asking if Nate had remembered to order the Pizza a few weeks ago. 

I wonder what time their Annual New Year's Eve wailing and cying party kicks off this tonight. Will you be streaming it live Stevie?

Actually I would love too see that.  For me 2016 was a lot to cry over...Trump steals the election

johnhugh, did you manage to start 2017 with a comment on the Maxwell blog?

Penguine says:

January 1, 2017 at 7:25 am

happy new year!!!!1!!

We celebrated by scripture and board games.

What did y’all do?

Love Penguine

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pizza party, Family Bible time, games, and prayer.

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I have no doubt that the Maxwells wail for unwon souls, but how do people know about this? Was it posted somewhere once?

Yes, it was a few years back (FJ was still on yuku, IIRC) & Steve (also IIRC) wrote that they spent NYE in the Mothership* praying, kneeling and weeping for the souls that were lost (or would be lost) for not being Christian. 

~~~~

*Mothership: Steve & Teri's house. To further attempt to place it on the timeline, I don't think Chris was married yet, and his first courtship had failed. 

11 hours ago, kpmom said:

Penguine says:

happy new year!!!!1!!

What did y’all do?

Love Penguine

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Family Bible Time? Oh, the things they come up with to make a day special and unlike others. 

Who was messing with them in the middle of the night? 

Cherry says:

January 2, 2017 at 2:42 am

Looking forward to your exciting blog posts this year!
Love cherry

1 hour ago, Trynn said:

Wait, the Maxhellions had a failed courtship before Elizabeth Munck? Do tell!

Yep. Chris had one. I don't think it got as far as engagement. It might've done I don't know. The failed Joseph/Elizabeth one was more recent and only a few days before the actual wedding hence being bigger news. The Maxwells learnt from this, hence why they didn't post anything about Joseph/Elissa till after the wedding. They said later that they didn't post about it before out of respect to Elissa's family's privacy, which could well be true, but I bet it was partly to do with the failed Joseph/Elizabeth relationship, which entailed a lot of blog scrubbing. 

Oh I REMEMBER the Munck courtship fail. And I remember the surprise wedding to Elissa.

I just thought it was their first failed courtship ever.

It did actually occur to me that you'd know about the Joseph fail etc but once I found myself writing I couldn't stop :pb_lol:

What intrigues me is how they'll handle future relationships. Will they only announce one post-marriage, or did they only do that for Joseph because of his broken-off engagement? Plus- the million dollar question- will any of the girls ever get married?? My hopes are sadly and inevitably higher for Anna and Mary than they are for Poor Sarah. I do feel sorry for her. None of this is her fault. No-one asks to be born. You cannot choose your parents.

5 hours ago, Trynn said:

Wait, the Maxhellions had a failed courtship before Elizabeth Munck? Do tell!

Yep, Christopher was engaged to Sara Nicole Smith (now Sara Nicole Absher) and they had a wedding date set IIRC.  She was pretty and spunky and fashionable, well-traveled, and worked for Bill Gothard at the IBLP.  It is unclear why they called off the wedding, but the blog was scrubbed of her existence and she moved on to marry a guy she met online (so she dodged the Maxhell bullet like Elizabeth Munck did). She has a daughter that was born 9 months after her wedding -- she was ready to be married!  She used to blog but I think she got busy being a mom so doesn't anymore.  

Oh wow! I thought Joseph was the only one, and that the reason it failed was because certain people warned Elizabeth M about how extreme the maxhellions are. I had no idea.

Just a guess, but I'm thinking we'll never hear of an engagement again, and weddings will only be announced when they're safely over.

Too bad because Christopher & NR-Anna's live streamed wedding was one of the best days on FJ.

I guess two failed engagements are two too many.

Who knows, maybe some of the Maxwells are courting this very minute?  John has been missing from some family photos recently.

Oh wow. Didn't realise Chris was actually engaged. If he married NR Anna in 2010 then the original engagement must've been in the early years of the blog- I'd imagine they'd wait for a while before entering another courtship. With Joseph it was two years.

5 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh wow. Didn't realise Chris was actually engaged. If he married NR Anna in 2010 then the original engagement must've been in the early years of the blog- I'd imagine they'd wait for a while before entering another courtship. With Joseph it was two years.

That sounds about right.  I started reading their blog when Melanie was pregnant with Suzannah and she delivered shortly after -- was that 2006?  And then Sara came along not too long after that.  There were engagement photos posted and they were by a fence outside and she was wearing a brown sweater.  LOL.  I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday but remember this Maxhell stuff -- go figure.

Yeah. The blog started in Sept 2006. The pregancy with Susannah was announced in Oct 2006 (yes I do have the blog open as a separate tab :pb_lol:) and they mentioned problems in November...  and we know the rest. 

Wonder if there's anything on the Wayback Machine about it... or if anyone knows more...

I remember we had a discussion about Chris's failed engagement and there were pics that were taken from the Wayback Machine. There's a nice photo out there of Chris with Sara. I also think there was a post announceing the end of the engagement. It's been a while, so I might be mixing it up with Sara's account of the end of the relationship (she did blog about it). 

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I remember we had a discussion about Chris's failed engagement and there were pics that were taken from the Wayback Machine. There's a nice photo out there of Chris with Sara. I also think there was a post announceing the end of the engagement. It's been a while, so I might be mixing it up with Sara's account of the end of the relationship (she did blog about it). 

Yes, but there seems to be more than one broken engagement in her past and it was hard to know if she blogged about the one with Christopher or not.  Certainly Stevie had her sign a contract not to, right?  Maybe she got to keep the ring if she kept details private?  It was all weird and hush-hush on the Maxhell front.

Yes, but there seems to be more than one broken engagement in her past and it was hard to know if she blogged about the one with Christopher or not.  Certainly Stevie had her sign a contract not to, right?  Maybe she got to keep the ring if she kept details private?  It was all weird and hush-hush on the Maxhell front.

I don't think there would be a way to enforce such a contract. Steve doesn't seem the type who would be lawsuit happy?

22 hours ago, kpmom said:

Penguine says:

happy new year!!!!1!!

What did y’all do?

Love Penguine

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wow I'm surprised Stevie put that up and thanks for the heads up as I think I might have had too much grape juice that evening as I'd forgotten I'd done that!

It was rather obvious Stevie!!1!

re Liz Munk, I still think that people contacted her mother about the Maxwells as as soon as the courtship went tits2 up they started becoming less fundie and wore pants again etc. Then there was the infamous fuck you Stevie blog post that Mummy Munk wrote.

re Stud John. He might of moved out? Of course they would never post about it as it would go against their brand.

20 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Family Bible Time? Oh, the things they come up with to make a day special and unlike others. 

Who was messing with them in the middle of the night? 

Cherry says:

January 2, 2017 at 2:42 am

Looking forward to your exciting blog posts this year!
Love cherry

Snigger...

I just realized something 2016 is the first year that there has been no dog and pony show aka conference.

Poor Sarah needs to get her sweet self out to Pasadena and throw herself at Justin Dervaes, before someone else does, now that he has a bedroom to himself.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived