IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy- God Defend New Zealand (Aotearoa)

samurai_sarah

IMG_0851.PNG

Speaking of hotdogs... I very recently stopped being a vegetarian and HAD to finally try a non tofu hot dog. I went to a local place with rave reviews and was pleasantly surprised. I was shocked at the cost I thought they would be less expensive, but eh worth it!

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, socalrules said:

I grew up in California in the 80s, bangers meant someone was in a gang. 

The first time my (Angeleno) husband said something about a 'gang banger' to my British self, I was rather surprised. That would mean someone having group sex to me! But when there is no gang attached, a banger is definitely a sausage. Oh, how I miss British sausages whilst living in the USA!!

6 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Believe me, I've been following them long enough that I don't have to base my assumption on just this scene. Their entire public presence supports the thesis. The wedding ep is just another example of how cultish believes can harm a genuine parent-child bond. 

Word! I just have hard time NOT pointing out that a genuine parent-child bond does not have to include physical affection, sentimental words, crying at weddings, etc. Those things are cultural shows of emotion (and are easily faked). But I think you get my gist and we could agree on the other many problems they have as parents-- being poor role models for their children with regard to careers, education, relationships; not properly monitoring behavior among the siblings; simply abandoning the daily duties, such as diapering, potty-training, Band-Aiding; mishandling sexual abuse, and so on.

6 hours ago, evolutionbaby said:

Yeah, nobody really calls them bangers in conversation here in Canada, but I have seen them on menus before, and it's expected that you will know what it means. But a banger is a particular type of sausage, close to bratwurst, and not a breakfast sausage type sausage and definitely not a weiner. Not a fan of bangers myself.

All this talk of sausages/weiners/bratwursts reminds me of this scene from "10 Things I Hate About You."

3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Random aside: anyone else here from the Mid-Atlantic/upper South in their late twenties or early thirties and remember kids being called "bangers"? It was an insult and was short for "headbanger" and it meant you wore black tee shirts and were alternative. We used it all the time in middle school and it was both the worst accusation one could receive while also making one quite the object of fearful admiration. 

Whenever I mention this to anyone else they look at me like I'm crazy.

*looks at you like you're crazy* Nope, I don't remember ever hearing of this.

2 hours ago, bal maiden said:

The first time my (Angeleno) husband said something about a 'gang banger' to my British self, I was rather surprised. That would mean someone having group sex to me!

Same!  I've seen references to "gang bangers" on USA tv shows & in books, and I'm always like WHAT???

30 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

*looks at you like you're crazy* Nope, I don't remember ever hearing of this.

Okay. I seriously think maybe some eighth grader at my school made this up and we just ran with it. I remember any kid who moved here from somewhere else had never heard the term. 

9 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Believe me, I've been following them long enough that I don't have to base my assumption on just this scene. Their entire public presence supports the thesis. The wedding ep is just another example of how cultish believes can harm a genuine parent-child bond. 

I'm not as sure about this. I'm not disagreeing that MEchelle is not emotionally invested in  her kids any longer, at one time she was, but the trauma of Josie's birth, then losing Jubilee, and losing her fertility was a trifecta of stress that pushed her to the edge, She was very emotionally distant after that, but didn't totally check out until  after Josh's affairs were brought to light.  I think realizing that their "perfect" life, "perfect" family and their "perfect" image were all an illusion and now everyone knew it, pushed her off that cliff into an abyss of detachment and most likely depression.  She's 50 now and spent pretty much 1/2 her life pregnant and or nursing, her last pregnancy ended wit the death of her 20th child.  I've said this before but she was only allowed a few days to grieve for Jubilee, before she had to do her hair and put on her make up and "keep sweet".  I'm kind of making excuses for her, but I'm not sure she realized she could tell Boob no more kids, when she hit her wall of ability to care for anymore kids.  She SHOULD have said no more, but she didn't now her  and Boob need to realize she needs professional help so she can get her shit together and raise the last 9 kids left at home under 18. 

When you compare her with Kelly Bates, Kelly seems to be just fine with out having to have anymore kids. She's there and at least present in the lives of her youngest kids, yes they have older girls caring for younger girls Gil and Kelly at least seem to try to be parents and not require their girls to handle the dirty work of raising the kids, like Jana being the one to deal with Josie and hr seizures. 

30 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm not as sure about this. I'm not disagreeing that MEchelle is not emotionally invested in  her kids any longer, at one time she was, but the trauma of Josie's birth, then losing Jubilee, and losing her fertility was a trifecta of stress that pushed her to the edge, She was very emotionally distant after that, but didn't totally check out until  after Josh's affairs were brought to light.  I think realizing that their "perfect" life, "perfect" family and their "perfect" image were all an illusion and now everyone knew it, pushed her off that cliff into an abyss of detachment and most likely depression.  She's 50 now and spent pretty much 1/2 her life pregnant and or nursing, her last pregnancy ended wit the death of her 20th child.  I've said this before but she was only allowed a few days to grieve for Jubilee, before she had to do her hair and put on her make up and "keep sweet".  I'm kind of making excuses for her, but I'm not sure she realized she could tell Boob no more kids, when she hit her wall of ability to care for anymore kids.  She SHOULD have said no more, but she didn't now her  and Boob need to realize she needs professional help so she can get her shit together and raise the last 9 kids left at home under 18. 

When you compare her with Kelly Bates, Kelly seems to be just fine with out having to have anymore kids. She's there and at least present in the lives of her youngest kids, yes they have older girls caring for younger girls Gil and Kelly at least seem to try to be parents and not require their girls to handle the dirty work of raising the kids, like Jana being the one to deal with Josie and hr seizures. 

I agree with you to some extent, but I also think her utter lack of shits to give has lasted way longer than you seem to interpret. After all, did she do anything to protect her daughters after Josh assaulted them repeatedly? Nope, she just victim-blamed them, kept on having more kids she had no intention of paying attention to or educating in any way, dumped said kids on her daughters, and then pimped the lot of them out to an exploitative reality show while spurning any professional help for her predator son and victimized daughters and actively covering up what happened.

I occasionally have fits of feeling sorry for her, but she chose this life, and she chose to exploit and neglect her children. Can't say I shed all that many tears for her now that she doesn't have a purpose in her life anymore.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but Michael Bates raised those kids. Marketing makes a huge difference in how the Duggars and Bates families are perceived.

16 hours ago, bal maiden said:

The first time my (Angeleno) husband said something about a 'gang banger' to my British self, I was rather surprised. That would mean someone having group sex to me! But when there is no gang attached, a banger is definitely a sausage. Oh, how I miss British sausages whilst living in the USA!!

Im from the US, and to me, the word gang bang is like gang rape, so I guess it's similar?

Also, I've only seen the word banger for sausage when I eat in British pubs or something like that; ie "bangers and mash". But yeah, never in conversation.

7 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

Im from the US, and to me, the word gang bang is like gang rape, so I guess it's similar?

Also, I've only seen the word banger for sausage when I eat in British pubs or something like that; ie "bangers and mash". But yeah, never in conversation.

American here, I think a gang bang is usually consensual? 

19 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

American here, I think a gang bang is usually consensual? 

This is an odd discussion lol but yes, a gang bang is consensual. Gang rape is not.

I feel that Mullet sees her only purpose as a breeding machine. Not being that anymore must be hard on her.

No sympathy given to her or her husband. They produced (not raised, cheers Jana and Jill) 19 hateful children who are so disconnected from the real world. The fact they all see women as the lesser gender when relationships are all about equality?? They're disgusting.

14 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

This is an odd discussion lol but yes, a gang bang is consensual. Gang rape is not.

Agreed, but it is usually used in a derogatory/misogynistic way, so I think sometimes the two terms are confused or used interchangeably.  

22 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Okay. I seriously think maybe some eighth grader at my school made this up and we just ran with it. I remember any kid who moved here from somewhere else had never heard the term. 

Haha possibly. I've heard of headbangers in the context that @karen77 mentioned, but not anything else. This is the kind of thing I think of:  :character-beavisbutthead:

37 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

25 minutes ago, emscm said:

Agreed, but it is usually used in a derogatory/misogynistic way, so I think sometimes the two terms are confused or used interchangeably.  

I didn't realize there was a difference. though perhaps my confusion comes from what emscm pointed out.

On 11/27/2016 at 9:59 AM, JesusCampSongs said:

Same! I think that statement was a hackneyed joke about how men are helpless in the kitchen and need women to care for them. 

I've known a lot of guys who are Jeremy's age that don't take care of themselves food-wise due to laziness/willful ignorance, and it shows. A diet of ramen noodles,frozen pizza, and fast food has a way of altering one's body composition and complexion, even if you work out a lot. All of my fitness buff friends have a saying: you can't outrun (outlift, outworkout) a poor diet. Not only is there a calorie density issue, convenience foods don't have the protein/fat balance you would need to look like guys like Jeremy. 

Now, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he  only owns one set of cutlery and was living primarily on an un-varied diet of eggs, broccoli, chicken breast, and protein shakes...but that's way healthier than what Jinger's accustomed to.

Oh yeah, that claim is total BS. Now if Jeremy looked like Joshley I might be more inclined to believe it.

3 hours ago, emscm said:

Interesting, yeah I guess I thought they were interchangeable.

Finally got to see the episode, and you know what -- I totally love Jeremy's dad. If I ever get married, I want someone like him officiating! He seemed personable and enthusiastic - not robotic and going through the damn motions. And I was truly happy to see that there was some kind of emotion from JB. It was sweet, but my God, J'Chelle is SO damn detached that I was just horrified. C'mon, this is your (granted, 9,000,000,000,000th) daughter getting married and she looks beautiful and seems to have planned a lovely wedding. Show at least SOME emotion.
What really bothered me was the whole Josie's crown thing. OK, fine, she gets a crown, yippee. But first of all, it has to have LIGHTS on it???? Wut? And second of all, WHY did they have to  make it a huge production for her? "a special day for Josie" with her NICU nurse bringing her the crown just for her? Last I checked, this was JINGER'S day! Michelle, drop the Josie the golden child act for one day and put some attention on the other blessings.
Derrick, just quit it with the pushing the groomsman out of the way and giving your wife a big dramatic kiss. Just drop it.
And Anna, you are just too lovely to be with such a scuzzball. Truly.

8 hours ago, Terrier99 said:

SNIP

What really bothered me was the whole Josie's crown thing. OK, fine, she gets a crown, yippee. But first of all, it has to have LIGHTS on it???? Wut? And second of all, WHY did they have to  make it a huge production for her? "a special day for Josie" with her NICU nurse bringing her the crown just for her? Last I checked, this was JINGER'S day! Michelle, drop the Josie the golden child act for one day and put some attention on the other blessings.

I swear if they don't dial it back on the golden child antics, we're going to see a new cult emerge in 30 years led by someone who thinks she's the second coming.

16 hours ago, lomo6 said:

Oh yeah, that claim is total BS. Now if Jeremy looked like Joshley I might be more inclined to believe it.

I agre with that. I think that Jeremy is well able to cook and feed himself. May not have much in the way of cutlery but if you're one person what do you need a lot for? 

11 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

I swear if they don't dial it back on the golden child antics, we're going to see a new cult emerge in 30 years led by someone who thinks she's the second coming.

Gothard - the female coming. Although wait, that can't happen! She's supposed to find her husband and start repopulating the earth

29 minutes ago, Terrier99 said:

Gothard - the female coming. Although wait, that can't happen! She's supposed to find her husband and start repopulating the earth

They possibly could do a fertility ceremony like seen in Virgin tales. Crown of figs even included as the family gathered around and blessed her uterus for future arrows. :hand:

Seriously though, that about made me hurl with the Wilson family.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived