IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy- God Defend New Zealand (Aotearoa)

samurai_sarah

Just now, 19BabyGerkins said:

To be fair i was raised Fundie Lite, and i think some of that is trained so the other partner feels important/needed. I know some of my female friends were taught to never be able to get a jar open if her husband was home and not busy, so she could "need" him to open in. Yup true story!! 

It's not limited to Fundie-dom. I remember that one of my friends in China was this incredibly capable, smart woman, but she'd sometimes act really childish and helpless when she was with her boyfriend -- making him get/carry stuff for her, fake-throwing tantrums, making him pay for stuff -- and I asked her why she did that when I knew for a fact that she was very independent and mature. She explained that it was to make her boyfriend feel important and needed, and let him feel like he was strong and capable to care for her, and in turn she'd get a little spoiling that she'd not otherwise get if she always just took care of herself.

I suppose I understand it rationally, but I don't think I could deal with that kind of dynamic. I'll be vulnerable and helpless when I actually well and truly am, thank you very much.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

If he didn't know how the use the Ninja,  then why in the hell didn't he read the fucking directions?

Pfft read directions! Aint no body got time for that!

27 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It's not limited to Fundie-dom. I remember that one of my friends in China was this incredibly capable, smart woman, but she'd sometimes act really childish and helpless when she was with her boyfriend -- making him get/carry stuff for her, fake-throwing tantrums, making him pay for stuff -- and I asked her why she did that when I knew for a fact that she was very independent and mature. She explained that it was to make her boyfriend feel important and needed, and let him feel like he was strong and capable to care for her, and in turn she'd get a little spoiling that she'd not otherwise get if she always just took care of herself.

I suppose I understand it rationally, but I don't think I could deal with that kind of dynamic. I'll be vulnerable and helpless when I actually well and truly am, thank you very much.

A lot of women pretend to be dumb, I guess the idea is guys don't like smart girls. I have it on good authority that is a bunch of baloney! 

I was strictly not allowed to be exposed to religion growing up, but as a teen i definitely internalized the idea that i should act stupid and weak. It's not just fundies, but with the way they have to vye (sp?) for attention, i wouldn't be surprised if they love that feeling of being cared for by or caring for their partner even if it's a little trivial or manufactured.

16 hours ago, SHERA said:

When I did our wedding registry I remember it was possible to do private registries depending on the company. It is possible they have a private registry and you can only have access with a password they put on the invitation. So if you can get your hands on an invitation that will help with the clue. 

I thought the consensus was that they did want people to see it.  Lots of free gifts from strangers and all...

17 minutes ago, anotherone said:

I thought the consensus was that they did want people to see it.  Lots of free gifts from strangers and all...

True she is a duggar, but you never know they might want privacy? Haha who am I kidding!

I don't for a minute believe they didn't have a registry and Jinger only wanted a feed things. I am sure it was private but they figured out a way to notify their 1000 guests about it. No way were they trying to protect their privacy. They sold their courtship, wedding, honeymoon and I am sure marriage/Birth of baby to TLC. Neither of them have any problem grifting. If there is as no registry than it is likely TLC gave them an incentive to not have one so there isn't any bad publicity like within jill's registry. TLC worked hard to make this wedding more presentable than the last two. They don't want it ruin by a gift grab from strangers. 

The People Magazine article just rubbed me the wrong way. Jeremy fell in love with Jinger because he never met someone so beautiful and who loved Christ as much as Jinger? WTF? So only the ugly love Christ or no one has loved Christ as much as Jinger and he likes the way she looks? I am sorry but I call BS. That whole statement seems to be nothing more than what he thinks is the perfect quote to have in a Magazine to make him look good. Who talks like that? 

Are the Duggars getting something back every time they mention Chik-fila? Of course Jeremy would only have forks from there as it is the holiest place to eat. So heathen McDonald's is out? 

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

You don't need to be Gordon Ramsay or anything, and it's fine to eat out or get takeout every so often (lord knows I do that), but cooking is a basic life skill. The fact that 28-year-old, perfectly able-bodied/neurotypical Jeremy apparently couldn't even be bothered to learn to operate a blender or buy a whisk and a pan to make scrambled eggs says a lot about his work ethic. Which I guess makes him a perfect fit for the Duggars.

If you can read, you can cook. :)

22 minutes ago, socalrules said:

The People Magazine article just rubbed me the wrong way. Jeremy fell in love with Jinger because he never met someone so beautiful and who loved Christ as much as Jinger? WTF? So only the ugly love Christ or no one has loved Christ as much as Jinger and he likes the way she looks? I am sorry but I call BS. That whole statement seems to be nothing more than what he thinks is the perfect quote to have in a Magazine to make him look good. Who talks like that? 

Basically being attractive and loving Christ are the only requirements for a fundie bride. 

I was skeptical at first but I have to say that the Jingeremy pairing felt more organic than many of the others. He wasn't a stalker (Ben) or someone who submitted an application to JB (Derrik). And I will say that he seems to want to know Jinger on a somewhat deeper level (cute coffee gifts, proposing in a city). He appears more genuine than I would have imagined and maybe the best we could have hoped for Jinger within her fundie world. 

On 27/11/2016 at 11:02 AM, Cheetah said:

Isn't that the inside of the Sydney Opera House?  I was there once but it was like 20 years ago.

I went to that school!! That green uniform gives me nightmares.. It is completely and utterly catholic.

On 26/11/2016 at 7:44 PM, Kangaroo said:

I rather enjoy singing this and Slice of Heaven to annoy my family. 

Good song so can't fault you there. 

The utensil thing shouldn't be a big deal for Jinger. After all, it doesn't take a whole lot to open some cans and assemble a tater tot casserole.

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

The utensil thing shouldn't be a big deal for Jinger. After all, it doesn't take a whole lot to open some cans and assemble a tater tot casserole.

Jeremy isn't going to be eating tator tot casserole. I'm sure he will insist on healthier food. 

13 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

If he didn't know how the use the Ninja,  then why in the hell didn't he read the fucking directions?

Umm...because men don't read directions! :pb_lol:

On 11/27/2016 at 1:25 AM, Fun Undies said:

I don't think I've worn a buttoned shirt in close to a decade #wellendowedladiesproblems (too good of a tag, not to repeat) :)

Oh I haven't worn a button down shirt in forever, it either fits up top and looks huge on the bottom. Or fits the bottom and I kill people with the buttons. #wellendowedladiesproblems 

On 11/27/2016 at 10:59 AM, Fun Undies said:

I checked the last five pages of the last J&J thread, but didn't see this pic (obviously if discussed already, feel free to ignore!) ~ courtesy of tumblr.  ETA put pic in spoiler tag, cause I figure it might be a little large for mobile users

We got another knee dress, and some more heels (I know it's hard to tell, so allowing myself to be a stalker so y'all don't have to be - I zoomed in on the pic, and to me it looks like a cute pair of golden strapped heels).  Add that to the black dress with heels, the shoulder baring cooking outfit, and the by-the-river-taping-TLC-paid-honeymoon kneed outfit with black tights, I gotta say I like Alyssa 2.0's fashion choices so far (and yup, 100% understand that that changes nothing in regards to her personal beliefs).

Also, I do not mean this in a sexual way whatsoever - but Jinger has a nice pair of legs that I have to admit I covet.  I have tree stumps for legs (genetic, whether I'm 50 lbs lighter, or heavier, no change!), so anytime I see long, lean legs, I get the sin of envy hard.

Reveal hidden contents

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 5.51.35 PM.png

That's my highschool uniform...

I think this is the show they saw at the Opera House:

http://www.sydneysymphony.com/production-pages/2016/concert-season/zukerman-plays-mozart-and-tchaikovsky.aspx

Of course, they could have stayed and watched the epic Crowded House shows on the steps of the Opera House over the last few nights, but nah... evil secular popular music as opposed to somehow-OK secular classical music. 

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

I think this is the show they saw at the Opera House:

http://www.sydneysymphony.com/production-pages/2016/concert-season/zukerman-plays-mozart-and-tchaikovsky.aspx

Of course, they could have stayed and watched the epic Crowded House shows on the steps of the Opera House over the last few nights, but nah... evil secular popular music as opposed to somehow-OK secular classical music. 

I always wonder why specifically classical music is OK. Mozart was a rather randy gentleman, a lot of classical/chamber music was written for dancing or as background music for the rather wild parties 18th century royals and aristocrats would throw, and once you start getting into the later 19th and early 20th centuries, you get a good deal of experimental and unconventional instrumental music that dealt with controversial themes and even SOUNDED controversial (cf. Stravinsky). Is it just that no words = no corruption of your soul?

That being said, I wonder what they'd think of modern instrumental/classical/sacred music, like some film soundtracks or composers like Christopher Tin, who's most famous for a choral/orchestral arrangement of the Lord's Prayer in Swahili (Baba Yetu). Or the group Chanticleer, who frequently sing religious tunes (look up their version of Ave Maria; it's absolutely amazing), but are made up of a whole lot of gay dudes (and some straight ones, to be fair) from San Francisco.

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh I haven't worn a button down shirt in forever, it either fits up top and looks huge on the bottom. Or fits the bottom and I kill people with the buttons. #wellendowedladiesproblems 

I couldn't tell you the last time I wore a true button down for the exact same reason. It sucks trying to buy clothes. #wellendowedladiesproblems

I am sure whatever they saw at the Opera House was chosen by TLC. Since TLC is filming the honeymoon they likely chose activities that would be camera friendly and were planned out months in advance since they would need permits/permission to film in certain locations. 

Why ask Jinger, raised on TTC, how to use a ninja? The Duggar family doesn't do healthy. It is unlikely anyone is blending a smoothie. Fresh Fruits and vegetables don't appear to be  staples in the Duggar household. 

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

Why ask Jinger, raised on TTC, how to use a ninja? The Duggar family doesn't do healthy. It is unlikely anyone is blending a smoothie. Fresh Fruits and vegetables don't appear to be  staples in the Duggar household. 

We've seen Josh make a "smoothie" on 19kac. It had ice cream in it. He called it one of his 'famous smoothies '.

It was for that fitness thing with JB.

Jessa was real big into smoothies when she first got married. Didn't they announce Jessa's pregnancy with Spurge while making smoothies?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived