IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy- God Defend New Zealand (Aotearoa)

samurai_sarah

Even for someone who's not very generously gifted in the chest area, I sometimes struggle with button downs. The material just seems to pull very tight in that area so I guess that for any women the sizing on top isn't that generous. Sometimes it makes it a real nightmare if I'm wearing office shirts and the like because they feel so revealing.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I met Mr. Wolf, he invited a friend and her mom for dinner. He got McDonalds hamburgers and left them in the oven until they were dried out. He served them, and his guests smiled and tried to be polite. Then he cracked up and served them a nice prime rib dinner he'd cooked. They still talk about it and yes, he still has a warped sense of humor.

How many times has Princess Kate been pregnant  according to the tabloids? Say it often enough and eventually you'll be right.

Pepperberry makes blouses for women with big breasts.  I'm a size 12 Australian/UK (I buy a size 8 in US clothes) and DD.  I can wear their super curvy ones no trouble without shirts popping open or gaping. Occasionally I buy a larger size of a regular brand and get it fitted and/or attach a popper where it'd gape to stop it doing so.

42 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

Even for someone who's not very generously gifted in the chest area, I sometimes struggle with button downs. The material just seems to pull very tight in that area so I guess that for any women the sizing on top isn't that generous. Sometimes it makes it a real nightmare if I'm wearing office shirts and the like because they feel so revealing.

This is my issue, small boobs and stomach but I have hips so if a shirt doesn't flare out, it's going to be huge near my boobs and a sausage casing on the bottom. Which is why I stick with cardigans at work and everyday. #cardigansforlife 

On 27/11/2016 at 11:05 AM, 19BabyGerkins said:

To be fair i was raised Fundie Lite, and i think some of that is trained so the other partner feels important/needed. I know some of my female friends were taught to never be able to get a jar open if her husband was home and not busy, so she could "need" him to open in. Yup true story!! 

I was raised in something close to a cult, and I vividly remember being told that it was desirable to act helpless and weak so that my future husband would think I needed him. And that if a man didn't feel needed, he wouldn't stick around, so flatter, plead and beg to keep your man. So much wrong with that.  

When I was eight or nine, I got fed up with my mother sending me from the kitchen to my father, who was located in the lounge, generally napping, to open bloody jars and cans (yes, when he was around, she couldn't even open a can without him, never mind that she could do it just fine when he wasn't there), with instructions to reward him for his mad jar twisting skills by telling him that he was "so strong" that I scandalised the women in my family by twisting a pickle jar open by myself in front of some of the men in my family (cue the vapours). My mother and grandmother both told me that I'd never get married if I let on that I could function on my own... its a weird mindset, and very odd how many lies these supposedly religious people are good with.

1 hour ago, Kittikatz said:

I was raised in something close to a cult, and I vividly remember being told that it was desirable to act helpless and weak so that my future husband would think I needed him. And that if a man didn't feel needed, he wouldn't stick around, so flatter, plead and beg to keep your man. So much wrong with that.  

When I was eight or nine, I got fed up with my mother sending me from the kitchen to my father, who was located in the lounge, generally napping, to open bloody jars and cans (yes, when he was around, she couldn't even open a can without him, never mind that she could do it just fine when he wasn't there), with instructions to reward him for his mad jar twisting skills by telling him that he was "so strong" that I scandalised the women in my family by twisting a pickle jar open by myself in front of some of the men in my family (cue the vapours). My mother and grandmother both told me that I'd never get married if I let on that I could function on my own... its a weird mindset, and very odd how many lies these supposedly religious people are good with.

Can I ask you: where did you grow up?  This kind of behavior reminds of the women in the "real daytime", does anybody know the show? they sit there super dolled up and talk about men very often. the married women on the table talked about playing helpless when their husbands are at home, several times, " to make them feel manly", e.g. by letting the man pick the restuarant and the time for the date or by letting him open a jar. This is so weird. I find this kind of behavior very grotesque. Same with faking the big O to make him feel successful.

The ladies of the real seem to be stuck in the 1950's. I like watching the show but as soon as they talk about men they immideately get flirtatious and lose control over their behavior. And as soon as a man enters the stage they change completely and make him the center of attention and look at him all doey eyed. Ladies! get your sh*t together and don't behave like children in front of men.

12 hours ago, Cat Damon said:

My grandma says this all the time! There are definitely some things that require more skill but there is absolutely no reason for Jeremy to be unable to cook for himself.

I was reading along about why/why not Jinger is pregnant yet, then I read this about things requiring more skill.  So I'm thinking, what else is your grandma thinking Jeremy should actually do??  before I realized it was about food. :)

Then more posts about is she pregnant or not and why, then this....

10 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Also if something/a knob won't turn a certain way way, maybe that's a signal you're doing it wrong? And not to force it?

I'm enjoying this thread :)

Is it possible that Jeremy has had godly church women cooking for him?  Bringing casseroles for the poor Pastor who hasn't found a helpmeet yet?

Just got around to watch the wedding episode. I'll bury my head in shame but I teared up when Jboob entered the dressing room, telling Jinger how beautiful she is and that he prayed about this all his life. "I love her so much and I'm so happy for her".

I know, I know... but it was still sweet and the first real emotions coming from a Duggar in a loooooong time. 

Moreover, it really showed how emotionally detached Jichelle is from all her kids. There's some real emotions and tears of joy going on between Jinger and Boob. Then Jichelle joins and talks to Jinger the way you'd talk to your neighbor on her wedding day, and gives her a hug that's so forced and fake it made me tear up again. Only this time of sadness. 

Pepperberry makes blouses for women with big breasts.  I'm a size 12 Australian/UK (I buy a size 8 in US clothes) and DD.  I can wear their super curvy ones no trouble without shirts popping open or gaping. Occasionally I buy a larger size of a regular brand and get it fitted and/or attach a popper where it'd gape to stop it doing so.

Yes! I was going to suggest Pepperberry, too. They do three fits in each size, so you go for the dress size that fits your waist/shoulders and then pick a fit based on your bust size.

19 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I know it's all speculation but it's really annoying to me how I keep seeing articles about how apparently Jinger is pregnant and Jeremy is upset. If it were true, I would think Jeremy has no right to be upset. He should know what he was getting into if he's marrying a young, fertile woman who doesn't use birth control. 

Even if she got pregnant in her wedding day, it's too soon to know it.

But if they're expecting, I don't believe Jeremy is upset at all. I mean, he's not naif. If he wants to wait some time before having a baby, he knows perfectly what to do. And Jing is submissive enough to accept that. Hell, maybe she would not even notice that Jeremy is preventing (supposing they turn lights off when doing it).

And finally, even if they were pregnant and Jeremy was upset, he's a preacher. He's not openly telling people he doesn't like the pregnancy news.

24 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Even if she got pregnant in her wedding day, it's too soon to know it.

But if they're expecting, I don't believe Jeremy is upset at all. I mean, he's not naif. If he wants to wait some time before having a baby, he knows perfectly what to do. And Jing is submissive enough to accept that. Hell, maybe she would not even notice that Jeremy is preventing (supposing they turn lights off when doing it).

And finally, even if they were pregnant and Jeremy was upset, he's a preacher. He's not openly telling people he doesn't like the pregnancy news.

It's actually not too early. If they hypothetically conceived November 5th then that would put them 24 days past conception. Many tests can now tell you if you're pregnant before you even miss your period, which for many women is about two weeks after ovulation occurs.

With both my pregnancies this year, I tested before the end of the recommended 14 day window (because I just knew something was different with my body) - the first time was 13 days out and the second time was 9 days. Both times I got clear positives. I even took a few extra tests each time and they were all positives. I may have been just a bit shocked. :pb_lol:

-----------

And an aside, because someone mentioned early testing and miscarriages at some point. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage after the two week waiting period was over - I was happily aware of being pregnant for just a week before it was over. I was almost six weeks along when it happened (so a little less than 21 days past ovulation). So waiting to test wouldn't have spared me any heartache in that case. It might for another woman, but not for everyone.

7 hours ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

Is it possible that Jeremy has had godly church women cooking for him?  Bringing casseroles for the poor Pastor who hasn't found a helpmeet yet?

Or, eating at other pastor homes.

18 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Also if something/a knob won't turn a certain way way, maybe that's a signal you're doing it wrong? And not to force it?

Poor helpless little Jeremy, just another man saved from his own stupidity by getting married. 

15 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

How many times has Princess Kate been pregnant  according to the tabloids? Say it often enough and eventually you'll be right.

Or Jennifer Aniston! I think her imaginary children must number in the Duggars by now.

11 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

As a man, this mindset is super confusing to me because 

1. I feel like I'd figure out pretty quickly that my wife/girlfriend/whatever COULD open jars by herself (I come into the kitchen and find her making herself lunch with pickles and mayo? BUSTED) and 

2. The things I hope to be "needed" for or thought useful for by a partner are...deeper than that? I'd hope that my partner kept me around for stuff other than just my capacity to be a useful appliance. Stuff like affection, partnership, doing half of the work required to run an effective household, etc. THAT is what I want to be "needed" for. I just don't understand the notion that men want women who are totally helpless because, I mean, I have my OWN life to run. I don't want to be responsible for a whole separate adult; I want a partner. 

Admittedly, I'm not straight/all that invested in so-called "traditional" masculinity, so maybe there are a number of men who want this. Gross.

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And an aside, because someone mentioned early testing and miscarriages at some point. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage after the two week waiting period was over - I was happily aware of being pregnant for just a week before it was over. I was almost six weeks along when it happened (so a little less than 21 days past ovulation). So waiting to test wouldn't have spared me any heartache in that case. It might for another woman, but not for everyone.

That was me, and I am totally aware that miscarriages can happen at any time - BUT with respect, that wasn't the situation I was talking about, and it doesn't invalidate my point for that doing the super-early check means some women become aware of miscarriages they've had that they wouldn't already know about.  I watched my sister have to do this, over the course of two years, and she found it heart-breaking. 

For sure, it's a very different kind of heart-breaking, but the idea that Fundy girls are actively encouraged to do immediate tests  as a matter of course is one of those things I hate, because it just adds opportunities to hurt in different ways (becoming aware of naturally frequent very early miscarriages, and obsessing from the word go, not even being able to enjoy a month of being 'Young Marrieds' without kids in the picture)

ETA I hope I am not coming off as flippant - I am absolutely not meaning to, and of course I'm sorry for your loss.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

That was me, and I am totally aware that miscarriages can happen at any time - BUT with respect, that wasn't the situation I was talking about, and it doesn't invalidate my point for that doing the super-early check means some women become aware of miscarriages they've had that they wouldn't already know about.  I watched my sister have to do this, over the course of two years, and she found it heart-breaking. 

For sure, it's a very different kind of heart-breaking, but the idea that Fundy girls are actively encouraged to do immediate tests  as a matter of course is one of those things I hate, because it just adds opportunities to hurt in different ways (becoming aware of naturally frequent very early miscarriages, and obsessing from the word go, not even being able to enjoy a month of being 'Young Marrieds' without kids in the picture)

ETA I hope I am not coming off as flippant - I am absolutely not meaning to, and of course I'm sorry for your loss.

Lol! No worries. I knew what you meant. I just wanted to point out that a lot of women not Fundie test on the early side too. 

The tests are so sensitive these days that I don't even know what we can really define as early testing anymore to be honest. I want to say some tests can result in an accurate result up to six days before a missed period now. With my current pregnancy, I honestly found out nine days after we conceived (four days earlier than my pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage) - which was unheard of even a few years ago and just seems so crazy early when you think about how long women used to wait to know for sure. 

And I do agree that actively encouraging or pressuring Fundie women to test often is problematic in many ways - especially because of the massive emphasis they place on life beginning at conception. It strikes me as ridiculously cruel to potentially subject a couple to that kind of pain just because their families are over involved and curious. 

I moved into Mr. Luna’s bachelor pad. It was a two bed two bath. the kitchen was hit or miss because everything he had was hand me down from family. he didn’t have the time or the inclination to go buy what was missing. so no snark there. the sappy stuff... eh, whatever.

I usually don’t wear button downs because of the girls, but also if I do, paired with the pixie haircut I look very lesbian. I wouldn’t care except strangely, I get hit on a lot. I have social anxiety and I’m in a committed relationship so I would rather be a wallflower.

12 hours ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

Oh totally! When my uncle(a pastor) finally got married, the ladies sang a parody "glory glory hallelujah there is a Mrs. _______" and they said Now YOU can cook for him. 

On 11/28/2016 at 4:07 PM, feministxtian said:

Mr. Xtian survived on mac & cheese, fried egg sandwiches and burgers before we got married. He just wasn't all that interested in cooking and would wait until he was nearly starving to eat something (and...he DID have the option of eating on the ship) so cooking wasn't a priority for him. 

BUT...in the ensuing 20 years, he's gotten MUCH better! I still do the lion's share of the cooking, but he's capable of whipping up some meals. 

My dad was an awesome cook...he and I would eat all sorts of stuff that my mom wouldn't. Hot dog omelettes, all sorts of stuff. 

Hot dog omelettes!!! YES!!! my father introduced me to those also!..wondering if maybe we had the same father! :pb_lol:

9 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

Hot dog omelettes!!! YES!!! my father introduced me to those also!..wondering if maybe we had the same father! :pb_lol:

Now I have to see if we have hotdogs...I'm CRAVING a hotdog omelette now :) 

Maybe we did have the same dad...

1 hour ago, paulypepper said:

im pretty sure hot dog omelettes or cup up in scrambled eggs is something they must learn in dad school...got those as well.

I have a question about what you are calling hot dogs. In the midwest, where I was raised, hot dogs (frankfurters, etc) were what you bought at a ball game, made by Oscar Meyer, Eckrich, Bar S, etc) and much different from the forms of sausage (bratwurst, mettwurst, Italian Sausage) that tended to have more spices in them, or were smoked (like kielbasa). I've noticed that, to people in the Pacific Northwest, a hot dog is any elongated form of meat, usually served on a bun. 

Yes, I am concerned where this discussion may go. However, the image I'm getting is of a stadium or kids party style cheap hot dog in an omlette, and it isn't a pretty picture. I'm really hoping it's a breakfast sausage, like Bob Evans or something. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived