IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy- God Defend New Zealand (Aotearoa)

samurai_sarah

Yet, Jill and Derrick were left alone for their honeymoon... So I'm thinking each couple has some level of control over how much they want to fame out their honeymoons/early married lives.

That said, an all expenses paid trip to Australia and New Zealand would be enough of a bait to have a fair number of people agreeing to it. Especially if, in Jinger's case, cameras were normal and if Jeremy really is as big a fame whore as it seems...

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/29/2016 at 5:14 PM, Audrey2 said:

I have a question about what you are calling hot dogs. In the midwest, where I was raised, hot dogs (frankfurters, etc) were what you bought at a ball game, made by Oscar Meyer, Eckrich, Bar S, etc) and much different from the forms of sausage (bratwurst, mettwurst, Italian Sausage) that tended to have more spices in them, or were smoked (like kielbasa). I've noticed that, to people in the Pacific Northwest, a hot dog is any elongated form of meat, usually served on a bun. 

Yes, I am concerned where this discussion may go. However, the image I'm getting is of a stadium or kids party style cheap hot dog in an omlette, and it isn't a pretty picture. I'm really hoping it's a breakfast sausage, like Bob Evans or something. 

To the bolded: I'm in British Columbia, and I would say you are correct. However, I'm also not from the PNW, so I'd have to say hot dogs are disgusting, and Kielbasa is best :pb_razz: Cheap hot dogs in an omlete sounds really gross, but I can kind of see how it could be good because after we came here & my little brother "discovered" hot dogs he put that shit in everything :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno:

On 11/30/2016 at 0:46 AM, evolutionbaby said:

I live in the PNW, (well Canada in BC, but also lived in Seattle for several years too) and most people would consider hot dogs (i.e. weiners, frankfurters) to be hotdogs, and sausages are sausages (bratwurst, Italian sausage, Chorizo, etc.). Occasionally here in Canada sausages are called bangers, but that's just because of the British influence. There are also "smokies" which would be the kielbasa kind, and yes sometimes we eat those on a bun but they are usually just served with mustard and sauerkraut and usually grilled before eating. They are served a little different than a regular hotdog, and you would never put ketchup on them.

Also, because there are so many hipsters out here in the PNW, we like to fancy things up...so Ye Local Hot Dog Bar will probably serve a variety of artisan sausages on homebaked buns but still call them hotdogs.

However now, as I'm a sucker for semantics, I've alway liked to make it a point to tell people that it's only a hot dog if it's on a bun, otherwise it's just a weiner. :pb_lol:

Sounds to me like a hot dog omelette is just that...weiners and eggs!

*edited because somehow I triple posted???

Wait... Smokies aren't supposed to be on a bun? Shit. I've been doing it wrong lmao. Except drenching it in mustard. All Canadian food gets mustard to make it edible! :pb_lol:

And please don't tell me there are actually hot dog bars in Vancouver :pb_lol:. I don't spend a lot of time in the city, but I thought that Hipster thing was dying out? Haven't seen any in awhile.

On 11/30/2016 at 8:38 AM, nst said:

i have never called a sausage a banger and i have been here my entire life 

Same @nst. Been in Canada since 2004 and never heard of it called a banger. I lived in Quebec for a year before moving to BC. Maybe it's a Maritime thing...

On 11/30/2016 at 10:12 AM, missegeno said:

My midwest is Ohio - never heard mangoes as a synonym for green peppers there or in Chicago. Which state was this mango confusion in? The midwest is huge so regional differences can be quite marked.

My PNW is primarily Portland/NW Oregon and some Seattle, with some close friends from central WA rodeo country. Since your area is near Portland, you might be familiar with Zach's Shack and Ottos (both in SE), which both differentiate between hot dogs (such good hot dogs) and sausages. If you haven't tried both places, I highly recommend them.

I'm heading out to Portland as a first stop this afternoon, you've just given me a dinner idea, so thank you!

I've always wanted to go to I Don't Know Bar & Grill in Portland. My Fiance keeps telling me if I don't pick a restaurant he'll take me there, but I tend to avoid the States when I'm not working, but we'll see lol :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, Alachantal said:

Wait... Smokies aren't supposed to be on a bun? Shit. I've been doing it wrong lmao. Except drenching it in mustard. All Canadian food gets mustard to make it edible! :pb_lol:

And please don't tell me there are actually hot dog bars in Vancouver :pb_lol:. I don't spend a lot of time in the city, but I thought that Hipster thing was dying out? Haven't seen any in awhile.

Oh, sorry, I described that poorly about the smokies. What I meant to say is that sometimes smokies are eaten on their own, and sometimes they are put on a bun, but when put on a bun they are usually prepared differently than a hot dog. A typical hot dog has ketchup, mustard, relish, maybe some fried onions. But a smokie would be more like dijon or stone ground mustard with sauerkraut on a bun. You have most certainly been eating them "correctly". There was a poster above who said they do most definitely eat them with ketchup, so to each their own, but I don't know that it's "typical".

I'm sorry to say but the hipster thing is far from dying out. I live on Vancouver Island, and I can assure you there is a strong movement for people to try and out-hipster each other on a daily basis! Maybe hipsters seem to be dying out in Vancouver, since no one can afford to live in that city unless they are the CEO of a Fortune 500 company!

Here's a couple I found just by doing a google search though!:
http://whatsuphotdog.ca/ with Craft Beer on tap of course!
http://dougiedog.com/ featuring Dave Grohl and Jason Alexander!

Haha...yes, hipster hot dogs, thriving in Vancouver!

4 minutes ago, evolutionbaby said:

Oh, sorry, I described that poorly about the smokies. What I meant to say is that sometimes smokies are eaten on their own, and sometimes they are put on a bun, but when put on a bun they are usually prepared differently than a hot dog. A typical hot dog has ketchup, mustard, relish, maybe some fried onions. But a smokie would be more like dijon or stone ground mustard with sauerkraut on a bun. You have most certainly been eating them "correctly". There was a poster above who said they do most definitely eat them with ketchup, so to each their own, but I don't know that it's "typical".

I'm sorry to say but the hipster thing is far from dying out. I live on Vancouver Island, and I can assure you there is a strong movement for people to try and out-hipster each other on a daily basis! Maybe hipsters seem to be dying out in Vancouver, since no one can afford to live in that city unless they are the CEO of a Fortune 500 company!

Here's a couple I found just by doing a google search though!:
http://whatsuphotdog.ca/ with Craft Beer on tap of course!
http://dougiedog.com/ featuring Dave Grohl and Jason Alexander!

Haha...yes, hipster hot dogs, thriving in Vancouver!

I live about 30-40 minutes East of Vancouver, almost in the Fraser Valley but not quite, and I haven't seen a hipster in ages... but I also don't spend much time in the city. Maybe the Hipsters are just moving to the Island then :pb_razz: although I'm not actually sure if it's that much more affordable over there. 

We went to the Enchant xmas light maze last night... they had a Dougie Dog food truck. We decided to wait 20 minutes in line for mini donuts instead however :pb_lol:

31 minutes ago, Alachantal said:

I live about 30-40 minutes East of Vancouver, almost in the Fraser Valley but not quite, and I haven't seen a hipster in ages... but I also don't spend much time in the city. Maybe the Hipsters are just moving to the Island then :pb_razz: although I'm not actually sure if it's that much more affordable over there. 

We went to the Enchant xmas light maze last night... they had a Dougie Dog food truck. We decided to wait 20 minutes in line for mini donuts instead however :pb_lol:

I love that part of B.C.  I'd love to move out that way, but it is expensive!

B.C. is my favourite province.

2 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

Yet, Jill and Derrick were left alone for their honeymoon... So I'm thinking each couple has some level of control over how much they want to fame out their honeymoons/early married lives.

That said, an all expenses paid trip to Australia and New Zealand would be enough of a bait to have a fair number of people agreeing to it. Especially if, in Jinger's case, cameras were normal and if Jeremy really is as big a fame whore as it seems...

The show wasn't in jeopardy when Jill and Derrick got married. I think they were/are using Jinger's relationship to keep the gravy train going. Now that they have Joy in a courtship the same will be done with her. 

On 12/3/2016 at 9:44 PM, socalrules said:

I think when you agree to have your wedding and honeymoon filmed for a reality show you are already a famewhore. Both of them. There is no reasonable explanation other than you want the fame and money. 

Jeremy sought it all out, but Jinger was born into it...a big, fancy wedding, big strapping pastor husband, all the trimmings, it was truly the most important day of her life... everything in her life led up to that day, and it was the only success she will ever see (except for the "blessings" of course)...nothing will be the same for her after, such culture shock, I can't even imagine

hope she isn't homesick, Laredo is nothing like NWA...I could see Jim Blob figuring out a way to bring them to AR, sooner than later, especially if Jessa is tempted to follow her down there

something else I've wondered:  how has Jeremy managed to take so much time off from the little church he's supposed to be pastoring?  does anyone know if there was another pastor there, to take over?  it's hard to believe that no pictures of any sort have been taken of the pair of them, other than the publicity stills early on, or that nobody in Texas spied them somewhere, and took a pic with their phone...the absence of this makes me wonder if they are still in AR, in the compound

On 12/4/2016 at 5:19 AM, Casserole said:

Yeah, I always figured when the guys ask JB if they can ask the daughter to court that wedding filmed by TLC is one of the stipulations you have to agree to before he gives you permission 

at this point all the men knew who the women were - they knew they were on tv - they are just as fame whorey as the daughters are.  they are furthering their agenda's pure and simple 

I have no illusions about any of them.. they want a ministry - as for Jill and Derick not filming on their honeymoon - i think at that time - no one thought about it - 

because think about it - they were in the United States at a beach - how much could they show....don't believe for a moment that Ben and Jessa didn't plan that honeymoon so far away so they could get paid to go there...jeremy and jinge just follow the line - Ben and Jessa's line.

there is no mercy with these people. 

On 12/3/2016 at 7:00 AM, Carm_88 said:

Yeah that's what I think too. I'm sure that Marcus wanted to see what was going on and Josh just picked him up. TLC was careful with the angles,they wouldn't have made it so Josh had to use Marcus as a shield. 

no - i will disagree with you -Josh didn't want to be seen or was told not to be seen - plus who would want to see him 

Marcus was a plot point nothing more  - he was an excuse

20 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

Jeremy sought it all out, but Jinger was born into it...a big, fancy wedding, big strapping pastor husband, all the trimmings, it was truly the most important day of her life... everything in her life led up to that day, and it was the only success she will ever see (except for the "blessings" of course)...nothing will be the same for her after, such culture shock, I can't even imagine

hope she isn't homesick, Laredo is nothing like NWA...I could see Jim Blob figuring out a way to bring them to AR, sooner than later, especially if Jessa is tempted to follow her down there

something else I've wondered:  how has Jeremy managed to take so much time off from the little church he's supposed to be pastoring?  does anyone know if there was another pastor there, to take over?  it's hard to believe that no pictures of any sort have been taken of the pair of them, other than the publicity stills early on, or that nobody in Texas spied them somewhere, and took a pic with their phone...the absence of this makes me wonder if they are still in AR, in the compound

i get the impression it's place in a room jeremy preaches - I doubt he has more than what 20 people in his group

I don't believe for a second that he is Like some powerful preacher.  He is just preaching to a choir and with his new Mrs who is a reality star he will get more people based on that. 

34 minutes ago, nst said:

at this point all the men knew who the women were - they knew they were on tv - they are just as fame whorey as the daughters are.  they are furthering their agenda's pure and simple 

I have no illusions about any of them.. they want a ministry - as for Jill and Derick not filming on their honeymoon - i think at that time - no one thought about it - 

because think about it - they were in the United States at a beach - how much could they show....don't believe for a moment that Ben and Jessa didn't plan that honeymoon so far away so they could get paid to go there...jeremy and jinge just follow the line - Ben and Jessa's line.

there is no mercy with these people. 

no - i will disagree with you -Josh didn't want to be seen or was told not to be seen - plus who would want to see him 

Marcus was a plot point nothing more  - he was an excuse

i get the impression it's place in a room jeremy preaches - I doubt he has more than what 20 people in his group

I don't believe for a second that he is Like some powerful preacher.  He is just preaching to a choir and with his new Mrs who is a reality star he will get more people based on that. 

I did think about the no photos and I thought it was a a choice that the couple had made. This is why they seemingly had a rather "economical" honeymoon as compared to the her sisters. If they have to pay for it on their own...PLus, Derick was a newbie employee when they got married. He probably had limited time off. Lots of factors there.

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I did think about the no photos and I thought it was a a choice that the couple had made. This is why they seemingly had a rather "economical" honeymoon as compared to the her sisters. If they have to pay for it on their own...PLus, Derick was a newbie employee when they got married. He probably had limited time off. Lots of factors there.

also at the time of Derick and Jill's honeymoon - they didn't need to PROFESS so much because it was PRE JOSH - then I realize B & J's honeymoon was also PRE josh - 

so that theory gets shot to hell. 

Jill and Derick must have chosen not to be followed around on their honeymoon (which probably helped with the honeymoon baby :) ).

Josh and Anna had a similar honeymoon but they did film during so I don't think the location was the issue.  TLC would film anything if they were allowed to.

I think since Jill's wedding had such high ratings, TLC decided to get grander each time with the wedding and honeymoon. What'a funny is that the ratings for the weddings, while still good, have declined each time because the novelty is off. I don't believe that Jessa/Ben nor Jinger/Jeremy chose or planned their weddings or honeymoons. It's obvious that TLC wanted more presentable footage to air. Each subsequent Wedding/honeymoon was better planned and more expensive than the last. The Duggars are cheap, never learn from their mistakes and have never shown to like anything classy, so I am sure TLC planned it all but the Duggars will take the credit. 

On 11/30/2016 at 0:39 PM, Carm_88 said:

Although if you're on George Street at a certain hour, they're called street meat and hence came the commandment "Thou shall not eat street meat." 

Thank you!!  I have heard the term "street meat" and never really understood where it came from. 

On 12/3/2016 at 3:57 AM, alba said:

I'm really not seeing the Marcus The Human Face Shield thing. It looks to me like a little boy couldn't see past the adults in front of him, so his father picked him up and held him above the crowd. That's it.

Disagree. It's the way Josh is holding Marcus RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS OWN FACE. If it was just a matter of the kid wanting to see, Josh would have held him off to one side so HE could see, too. No, Josh didn't know what camera could potentially catch him, and was probably actually told by production to do this, just in case there was an issue with editing. Don't forget, TLC had 9 days to edit this thing, so I'm sure they covered every base to ensure that Josh wasn't shown. 

Jeremy's church does have other ministers \pastors they have a YouTube channel and I actually saw a video from maybe a year ago where someone was getting ordained, I like watch ordinations. My own two year anniversary( of my ordination us on coming up soon I can't believe I have been a Deaconess for two years ( Deaconess is term for a female minister who is not a pastor in the church I attend.)

Wait, I thought Jeremy was the sole Pastor for his church. I thought he did the whole church planting thing. So there are other Pastors? How many does a tiny church need? How can a tiny church pay salaries for multiple Pastors that allows them to pay their bills. I guess TLC really will be paying the bills. 

38 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Wait, I thought Jeremy was the sole Pastor for his church. I thought he did the whole church planting thing. So there are other Pastors? How many does a tiny church need? How can a tiny church pay salaries for multiple Pastors that allows them to pay their bills. I guess TLC really will be paying the bills. 

Jeremy's church is part of a larger church. The parent church probably shipped a pastor over to cover the larado branch. TLC won't be covering the church bills that will be the parent church's job. 

8 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Jeremy's church is part of a larger church. The parent church probably shipped a pastor over to cover the larado branch. TLC won't be covering the church bills that will be the parent church's job. 

This. Jeremy was gone a lot, getting engaged, married, and going on this honeymoon, this past summer and fall. They did other filming as well, but hopefully Jeremy did that during the week. 

I have a feeling the parent church must be supporting Jeremy's courtship and marriage to a reality TV star. A married pastor is probably considered better, so as to avoid any scandalous relations with a member of the congregation and to provide marital support for the congregation. A pastor's wife is also like free labour for the church, with all the mandatory volunteering. They also probably hope to get a boost in membership and donations via Jinger's fame. So I'm sure they gladly gave him time off and sent in a substitute pastor.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

This. Jeremy was gone a lot, getting engaged, married, and going on this honeymoon, this past summer and fall. They did other filming as well, but hopefully Jeremy did that during the week. 

Most pastors work a 5 day week like the rest of us. They often take off Friday and Saturday

21 hours ago, nst said:

*snip*
jeremy and jinge just follow the line - Ben and Jessa's line.

*snip*

Nothing really new to add, but I second both these points:

I still believe that somehow Jessa will attach herself to J&J's church (whether it remains in Texas, or "somehow" gets another pop up in Arkansas).  For whatever reason, like Michelle said, JInger is a "follower" and just out of sheer habit, would probably easily be swayed by Jessa's "encouragement" to become part of their ministry.  They'll even spin Ben's inability to do anything besides be JB's errand boy, as a "God was waiting for His time to keep Ben unattached to any and all work, so he'd be free to become the youth pastor at Jeremy's church".

To the second point: now whether Jeremy's church will go along with it, or not, would need to be seen.  But then again, y'all make some good points about them likely jumping for joy over the free publicity of their church a la Jinger.  And if that really is the case, they'd probably find the funds to hire Ben as well.  Though they'd need to expand the current church, or find a bigger location, because agreed, it's basically a hole in the wall with pop up chairs for the faithful to listen to a twenty something read from the Bible.  And I think even 20 people might be pushed up against those walls.

Alright, now off to catch up on the last few pages :)

Once Ben is finished with his Moody Degree, I'd have no problem seeing him join Jeremy...in fact, an internship might work too. Of course, they'd have to grow the numbers, which might be hard in the south where everyone already seems to have a church. Didn't stop the Dilliards from trying to convert Catholics though.

Ben is getting himself educated. I'd love for him to get a job and his growing family off the needed TLC JB teat. 

42 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Once Ben is finished with his Moody Degree, I'd have no problem seeing him join Jeremy...in fact, an internship might work too. Of course, they'd have to grow the numbers, which might be hard in the south where everyone already seems to have a church. Didn't stop the Dilliards from trying to convert Catholics though.

Ben is getting himself educated. I'd love for him to get a job and his growing family off the needed TLC JB teat. 

and then where will Jessa hang out everyday if she joins them in Texas - certainly not with Jinge who will be working at her own job ministering 

perhaps Jessa can watch her own children in her own house 

do you see that happening? 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived