IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy- God Defend New Zealand (Aotearoa)

samurai_sarah

12 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

I swear if they don't dial it back on the golden child antics, we're going to see a new cult emerge in 30 years led by someone who thinks she's the second coming.

Or we're going to see a dramatic cult breakaway/rebellion in 12 years that involves waaayyyy too much cocaine for our liking.

Though I'd love to see a Counting On challenge where Michelle has to find a way to shoehorn in how much the sun shines out of Josie's behind into every life event documented on the show. Joy's wedding? Josie is the Maid of Honor and is betrothed to a Rodrigues during the ceremony. Amy's Marriage Boot Camp episode? Josie makes a heartwarming appearance as Josie The Don't Dissolve Your Sham Marriage Angel. 2Seewald 2Furious is born? Hey, while we're filming in the hospital because Jessa's too special for prenatal care, let's let Josie take a victory lap around the NICU and flip off all the kids who have less of a chance at survival than she did.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/30/2016 at 4:37 PM, luxfilia said:

Word! I just have hard time NOT pointing out that a genuine parent-child bond does not have to include physical affection, sentimental words, crying at weddings, etc. Those things are cultural shows of emotion (and are easily faked). 

I like cultural shows of emotion. Not genuinely easily faked. Lack of physical affection as a child would have left me craving it. To each her own, its not right or wrong either way.

4 hours ago, Terrier99 said:

They worked really hard to keep smuggar off camera. I thought it was weird editing how they had the ladies walk down the aisle, now I know why. Josh isn't worth all that trouble, couldn't he have just watched  a video feed from the parking lot or something? 

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They worked really hard to keep smuggar off camera. I thought it was weird editing how they had the ladies walk down the aisle, now I know why. Josh isn't worth all that trouble, couldn't he have just watched  a video feed from the parking lot or something? 

Or couldn't they have just let his face be in the crowd? I'm not a fan of his and I get that TLC doesn't want him to appear on the show but come on, he is a brother of the bride. Anna did not divorce him, the family did not shun him. Of course he was going to attend that wedding! Did anyone really expect him not to be there? Why act like he wasn't invited?  It was right to not let him be a groomsman or anything but this? I think this brings even more attention to him. 

I'm really not seeing the Marcus The Human Face Shield thing. It looks to me like a little boy couldn't see past the adults in front of him, so his father picked him up and held him above the crowd. That's it.

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Couldn't Anna have just thrown his belongings on the front lawn and told him to get lost months or years ago?

51 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Couldn't Anna have just thrown his belongings on the front lawn and told him to get lost months or years ago?

She would never do something like that. But, I wish she would. 

53 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

And set it all ablaze while standing there giving him the finger? I hope there is a parallel universe where this actually happened. 

3 hours ago, alba said:

I'm really not seeing the Marcus The Human Face Shield thing. It looks to me like a little boy couldn't see past the adults in front of him, so his father picked him up and held him above the crowd. That's it.

Yeah that's what I think too. I'm sure that Marcus wanted to see what was going on and Josh just picked him up. TLC was careful with the angles,they wouldn't have made it so Josh had to use Marcus as a shield. 

14 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I like cultural shows of emotion. Not genuinely easily faked. Lack of physical affection as a child would have left me craving it. To each her own, its not right or wrong either way.

Definitely to each her own. I'd say you're in the majority! And that's totally okay. But I like to stand up for the few like me who despise hugs from anyone other than children and my significant other. And, of course, nothing is "genuinely" faked. Then it wouldn't be fake. ;) But it takes less effort to hug someone than to set a good example, listen to and support them, and love them in an active way. That's my point. Maybe we should be judging the Duggars on those things even more than whether or how they hug. To me, Jim Bob seemed fake with his showy, tearful gushing at Jinger's wedding. To me (and I'm in the minority here), Michelle SEEMED more of a calming , positive presence in comparison (I know, ridiculous). Those nuances are all so arguable. But there are many things about the Duggars that are NOT arguable to any reasonable person. Those are the things I personally like to focus on.

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Yeah that's what I think too. I'm sure that Marcus wanted to see what was going on and Josh just picked him up. TLC was careful with the angles,they wouldn't have made it so Josh had to use Marcus as a shield. 

You would be very surprised to see what creative things video people come up with to remove something from the shot. Clearly they couldn't tell Joshley not to attend, but TLC also didn't want to blur his face, so they might have suggested to him if he was to sit near the front like he was, he should try to cover his face in anyway possible.

And now for something totally different.......I looked up Valerie Vuolo on FB just to see if I could find her and maybe see some candid photos of her, BINGO! She actually is a pretty young woman and if just a tiny bit of this family rubs off on Jinger it will be the greatest thing. Valerie appears to be a social person and an accomplished violinist. There is a picture of her and her mom, Mrs. Vuolo, in a gold sequin tunic with black skinny slacks and black heels playing violins. Jeremy has to be accustomed to this type of dressing with his Mom and sister so maybe Jinger will break out a little more in the future. Also, I would think they must be back home now so I am impatiently awaiting a picture or two back in Texas.

My husband wanted to know if jer & Jinger caused the earthquake in New Zealand.:my_rolleyes:

5 hours ago, luxfilia said:

Definitely to each her own. I'd say you're in the majority! And that's totally okay. But I like to stand up for the few like me who despise hugs from anyone other than children and my significant other. And, of course, nothing is "genuinely" faked. Then it wouldn't be fake. ;) But it takes less effort to hug someone than to set a good example, listen to and support them, and love them in an active way. That's my point. Maybe we should be judging the Duggars on those things even more than whether or how they hug. To me, Jim Bob seemed fake with his showy, tearful gushing at Jinger's wedding. To me (and I'm in the minority here), Michelle SEEMED more of a calming , positive presence in comparison (I know, ridiculous). Those nuances are all so arguable. But there are many things about the Duggars that are NOT arguable to any reasonable person. Those are the things I personally like to focus on.

What I meant is that we tend to know when affection is fake when it's directed toward us. Didn't word that well. Why do you think Boob was fake? He was giving up control of one of his fair quiver maidens, and Jinger had given him that sappy handkerchief. He has always been more emotive, remember when one of the little girls got her head stuck in the stairwell? It was Boob who comforted her and told the others to stop laughing. Jchelle stood there like a doofus. Pardon me while I vomit, I cannot stand Boob or anything he stands for, but fair is fair.

I don't think hugging and sound parenting are mutually exclusive, nor that it even matters about the effort involved.

Michelle is hardly a calming presence. She has been fake and stilted since the early specials. Cold too. It's possible to emanate some degree of warmth toward your own children even if you are not touchy-feely like me. She doesn't seem connected at all.

Anyone looking at my posts knows that snarking on appearance and children is not my thing (but for Jill Rodriguez...).

I definitely focus on harmful beliefs and practices so we agree about that. This is what holds the board together since we are all so different. 

2 hours ago, sansan said:

I would think they must be back home now so I am impatiently awaiting a picture or two back in Texas.

We're sure to get an update on Monday for their first 'Monthiversary'.  

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

We're sure to get an update on Monday for their first 'Monthiversary'.  

with a heart somewhere in the middle with a V on it just for the sake of it and if we are really lucky -a bible quote :D

As long as its not a pregnancy announcement, I wouldn't mind an update. Tbh I just want to see if she's finally cooled down the "Baaaaaaaaaabe" thing

1 hour ago, nst said:

with a heart somewhere in the middle with a V on it just for the sake of it and if we are really lucky -a bible quote :D

My Gawd, I actually pictured that in my mind as I read it. What's happening to me!

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

I really hope we don't get an update. I kinda like them laying low.  Maybe they won't be fame whores. 

I think when you agree to have your wedding and honeymoon filmed for a reality show you are already a famewhore. Both of them. There is no reasonable explanation other than you want the fame and money. 

5 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I think when you agree to have your wedding and honeymoon filmed for a reality show you are already a famewhore. Both of them. There is no reasonable explanation other than you want the fame and money. 

Or you didn't have a choice in the matter. Do you really think Boob would have allowed Jinger to marry off camera with the show up in the air?  I don't think they had much choice. 

5 hours ago, nst said:

Nah, no Bible quotes necessary, I can make up my own. I like pictures that strangers take and post better than posed pictures. It catches them (any of them really) in real life situations. 

7 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Or you didn't have a choice in the matter. Do you really think Boob would have allowed Jinger to marry off camera with the show up in the air?  I don't think they had much choice. 

Yeah, I always figured when the guys ask JB if they can ask the daughter to court that wedding filmed by TLC is one of the stipulations you have to agree to before he gives you permission 

50 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Yeah, I always figured when the guys ask JB if they can ask the daughter to court that wedding filmed by TLC is one of the stipulations you have to agree to before he gives you permission 

That's one main reason I can think of why Jana and John-David are still single; I imagine they've had opportunities, but needing to choose between them and TLC.

3 hours ago, Casserole said:

Can you imagine being in love with someone and the only way to progress the relationship is to agree to film it all?  I think right now is the first choices they have had since they started courting. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived