IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Love and Marriage

samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Yes, there was a segment where they were leading some kind of group at a church.    It wasn't a actual Sunday morning church service but  he was in a church wearing a hat.   I remember commenting on here at the time but can't find the reference. 

The best I can come up with is http://www.enstarz.com/articles/154400/20160416/jessa-duggar-update-husband-ben-seewald-criticized-being-rude-church.htm

To overly generalize, "higher" churches tend to believe the actual building/space is sacred (all through the week) and "lower" churches see it as just a building when the church isn't in session as a church ... so a random Tuesday evening meeting wouldn't demand more respect than running into CVS.  

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all of those dozenteen pregnancies, I think Mee,s bones must be like that scene in the 2nd Harry Potter movie.  The one where Gildiroy Lockhart "heals" Harry,s broken arm.  His arm just sort of flops around all bone less and limp.  Sorry Michelle, but your bones will turn to dust sooner rather than later.

ok...I'm reading this and it sounds so mean, but that scene really sticks in my mind.  Lol

hey ummm where can i see the full episode of this wedding online...cuz i can't find it and it doesn't seem to be coming back on tlc anytime soon...

also that talk about your nutrients during pregnancy totally creeped me out 

6 hours ago, WhyNotJulie said:

The question isn't who the account follows, but rather, who follows the account.

I'm pretty certain the real Jinger Vuolo instagram will be followed by all the various duggars & friends.

As a pastor's wife, I wonder if she or Jeremy will even HAVE Instagram accounts. It seems like they are channeling their  (or some Duggar boy's) energies into the new blog. That seems more "pastor-ish" to me.  Time will tell, but I think they are going "old skool" communication to get their message out there. Jeremy is zealous, but he doesn't strike me as an attention whore. Plus, with ads, they've monetized the blog, so it's less of a distraction to go there, rather than also checking out Facebook and Instagram accounts as well. So far, the family is directing attention to the blog anyway, so they don't really need the accounts that I think they feel may be extraneous and distracting. Let's see what happens when Jinger gets knocked up/has baby. They may throw all their ideals out the window. There will certainly be a People spread for cash. 

18 minutes ago, naatashamaru said:

Ha, sorry to creep you out. My doctor was relaying the info as a way to encourage me to take care of myself -- basically, your body will take care of the baby, but you need to also make sure you're taking care of yourself, and eating well, so you come out of this healthy.

I adore my daughter, and am glad I had her, but there is a lot about pregnancy that makes you feel like a host to an alien leech.

On 11/15/2016 at 6:16 PM, WhyNotJulie said:

Are we 100% sure about this? I thought Jana was only taking care of Josie because she had the highest needs & Jana was the oldest / most responsible. 

There's more evidence that it does go in birth order -  James is Jill's, Justin is Jessa's... Jinger would then have Jackson, which means Hannie would go back up to Jana's, we know Jenny is Jill's, Jordyn is Jessa's, etc.

I didn't watch 19KaC but I've seen YouTube clips. I stumbled on one that featured a teenaged Jana caring for a sick and vomiting Hannie. I have to give Jana props for that, she is a natural and was so caring with poor Hannie. Michelle? No where to be found. I also saw the Josie seizure clip. Jana in charge. So maybe they did switch. 

6 minutes ago, sparklymagie said:

Ha, sorry to creep you out. My doctor was relaying the info as a way to encourage me to take care of myself -- basically, your body will take care of the baby, but you need to also make sure you're taking care of yourself, and eating well, so you come out of this healthy.

I adore my daughter, and am glad I had her, but there is a lot about pregnancy that makes you feel like a host to an alien leech.

leech sounds about right.  pregnancy is so draining and hard on your body.

but i'm pretty sure tater tots and white bread pizza bring a full complement of daily nutritional needs.

This article (not all leghumpery - it has some snark)  has an interesting quote from Jackson, of all people, that confirms that it was Jana's turn for a buddy when Josie was born. So, buddy teams don't necessarily go by the age of the Head Buddy, otherwise, Jubilee would have gone to Jill. And this system was intact at least back to Jackson. 

Okay, it's a second-hand quote from Mechelle, but even without a cute Jackson quote, Jana was going to get Josie, regardless. Jackson may or may not have said this, and if he didn't, it's Mechelle's typical passive-aggressive way of getting a point across. 

When Josie was born, Jackson came to me after things calmed down with the hospital birth and said, “Mama, Josie – she’s going to be on my buddy team, isn’t she?” I hadn’t thought about it yet. “Well, it’s our turn to get another buddy,” he said. “And she’s got a dimple just like me. That means she’s on our team.”

https://www.bustle.com/articles/43100-19-kids-countings-buddy-system-keeps-the-duggars-running-like-a-well-oiled-machine

i just watched their wedding episode. jinger really did look absolutely beautiful.

i think my favourite part of it was when jeremy saw jinger.

vlcsnap-2016-11-18-00h01m35s901.png

Someone can surely get a better screen cap than this (terrible YouTube vid). I know people have pointed out Steve Maxwell before - you can also see Teri and possibly Jesse next to him - but I was struck by his utterly cold expression as Josie walked past him as flower girl, while all around him are smiling or looking engaged.

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 12.33.52 AM.png

Also - I'm very amused by the fact that the Rodriguii were only three rows in front of them. Please let them have talked to each other. Please. 

I can't even remember exactly when it was - I think it was after the candle, but while they were waiting on the song to end.  There were a few times where Jeremy looked at her, that I felt like he was going to get emotional all over again.  He looked at with her so much love, that I find myself having far more high hopes for them (at least him not being an abusive a-hole in the basic terms - spiritual abuse not included), than I did before. 

Love isn't the only thing a marriage needs, but it seems like these two have it, so it's a start.
Now if they can keep mutual respect, as high on the totem pole as "mutual attraction", then I'll be ecstatic ;)

11 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

I can't even remember exactly when it was - I think it was after the candle, but while they were waiting on the song to end.  There were a few times where Jeremy looked at her, that I felt like he was going to get emotional all over again.  He looked at with her so much love, that I find myself having far more high hopes for them (at least him not being an abusive a-hole in the basic terms - spiritual abuse not included), than I did before. 

Love isn't the only thing a marriage needs, but it seems like these two have it, so it's a start.
Now if they can keep mutual respect, as high on the totem pole as "mutual attraction", then I'll be ecstatic ;)

i noticed that too and took a screencap to share.

vlcsnap-2016-11-18-00h16m29s493.png

17 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Someone can surely get a better screen cap than this (terrible YouTube vid). I know people have pointed out Steve Maxwell before - you can also see Teri and possibly Jesse next to him - but I was struck by his utterly cold expression as Josie walked past him as flower girl, while all around him are smiling or looking engaged.

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 12.33.52 AM.png

Also - I'm very amused by the fact that the Rodriguii were only three rows in front of them. Please let them have talked to each other. Please. 

The one in front of Maxhell, is that Joy's so-not-fiance-yet's father?
He could be the same man, who's on the Fort Rock Family Camp-page, couldn't he?

10 hours ago, naatashamaru said:

hey ummm where can i see the full episode of this wedding online...cuz i can't find it and it doesn't seem to be coming back on tlc anytime soon...

It's against FJ rules to post links to illegal streaming sites. Just an FYI, and the answer is no, youtube is fine.

I think it's interesting that we never heard from Jeremy's siblings.  They were both in the wedding, but unlike Derrick and Ben who's siblings made remarks or comments for the show, and were actively featured, Chuck and Valerie did not. I'm not surprised but I think it says a lot about the family that Jeremy is coming from.

Maybe we will see more of Jeremy's siblings in the planning of the wedding episodes in January?

I am a non practicing Catholic . My church had an "altar" and not a "stage" as it is referred to by the Duggars. Is stage the common word for what I would regard as an altar in Baptist churches? Just asking.

7 minutes ago, HWest said:

I am a non practicing Catholic . My church had an "altar" and not a "stage" as it is referred to by the Duggars. Is stage the common word for what I would regard as an altar in Baptist churches? Just asking.

In my church we call it an altar only during a service. All other times its a stage.  Basically if the pulpit ( where the Pastor preaches from) is on the stage then it's an altar.  If the pulpit is removed  (and it is for a wedding in our church) then its a stage...

Thanks for the clarification about "stage" and "altar".  I don't think we had a removable pulpit in my church but even if we did it would still be an altar.  Interesting. I learn something new here all the time.  

Hey just FYI as an aside in terms of the hat discussion going on, in Judaism we have to keep our heads covered. Or at least the men do. Some women do, too. Its considered to be a constant reminder that God is above.

My younger sister not only got the "youngest child" treatment, but she also had encephalitis as a child and almost died.  My older sister and I (while very grateful that my sister recovered), found it very hard to deal with the preferential treatment she received while we were growing up.  Also very obvious and frequently commented upon when we were kids.  I do think it did not serve her well as she became an adult though, but that could just be "older sister" talk.

Now I recognize how frightening the whole thing must have been for my mother and can somewhat empathize with her behaviour.

My parents must never got the baby memo, I was never favored despite being the youngest. I actually think they paid more attention to my older siblings because I was the "low maintenance" one. 

It's nice to see a fundie guy with some kind of emotion (HEY STEVE MAXWELL!)... So does this mean they didn't do that First Look/Help each other get ready like the rest have done?

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

My parents must never got the baby memo, I was never favored despite being the youngest. I actually think they paid more attention to my older siblings because I was the "low maintenance" one. 

Same! I was the baby, but my older brother is a 31 year old man child. He didn't get a job after college because he didn't want to, so my dad paid for his gas because he had no money! I was in high school at the time working a job and had to pay for my own gas and expenses because i had money :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):  i'll never understand rewarding bad behavior ! my brother has a little bit of resentment towards me for being "successful" , but I guess it's the independence that got me there.

1 hour ago, HWest said:

Thanks for the clarification about "stage" and "altar".  I don't think we had a removable pulpit in my church but even if we did it would still be an altar.  Interesting. I learn something new here all the time.  

The altar is always an altar in my church, no matter what's going on up there. Never heard of this stage stuff. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived