IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Love and Marriage

samurai_sarah

15 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

To be fair, I don't think Josie has received special treatment in any of the weddings. Jill included all of her sisters, Josie wasn't in Jessa's, and Jinger needed a flower girl and her buddy Hannie is too old so naturally she went with the youngest girl.

However I do agree that we've seen plenty of instances of Josie being babied. She was a preemie and is the baby of the family, so I understand why she is treated the way she is, it's common for the youngest to be treated like a baby for longer than older siblings. But she's what, going on 7 now? They're going to have a real problem on their hands if they let the precious fragile baby treatment go on much longer.

Sometimes for 40+ years, in personal experience. :) 

I remember one of my older sisters getting furious that Dad kept insisting she take me to the bathroom at 5...in his house!  And when I balked at the invasion of privacy he agreed...and made her stand outside and wait in case I needed anything.

Almost 13 before he let me cut my own meat.  Because steak knives are sharp and I could hurt myself.  Also supervised with the stapler until junior high...

At his funeral there were several people from his work who didn't remember my name.  They knew all about me, but his kids were Name, Name, Name, and the baby.  He said he would never die as long as his baby needed him.  Turned out that was a lie.  

I can't even imagine what it would be like for Josie with Michelle as her mother.  If anyone seems to have a need to keep their youngest little it would be her.  

Agree they aren't doing her any favors but if she's lucky a bunch of her siblings won't go along with the plan...nothing like siblings who resent the hell out of special treatment to force you to grow up.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hubby thought Jinger & Jeramy caused the earthquake in NZ.:my_rolleyes:

That was really funny when they couldn't light the unity candles.

The "V" all in roses was pretty but can you just imagine what that would have cost?

2 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

The "V" all in roses was pretty but can you just imagine what that would have cost?

my first thought was they are copying Kanye 

2 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

They said it was a gift from Ms. Cindy and "many hands spent many hours making it"... so I guess nothing

6 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

They said it was a gift from Ms. Cindy and "many hands spent many hours making it"... so I guess nothing

To be fair, it's very, very common for vendors to donate things in exchange for free publicity, so I wouldn't be surprised.  And it's not like it was a sacrifice on Cindy's part or a grift from the Duggars.   After such a pretty and classy wedding that was on TV and featured in a spread in People Magazine, I'm sure there are many brides in the area who are beating down Ms. Cindy's door to get a similar arrangement...and Cindy can charge at a premium! 

Jinger got to keep out of pocket costs down and Cindy got to promote her business on national TV.  There may not have been an exchange of money, but there definitely was a fair-market exchange made.   It would, quite frankly, be foolish for Jinger to NOT negotiate for gratis services or lower rates when she will be providing everyone involved with something so incredibly valuable as national publicity across multiple mediums.  That's something most of these vendors can't buy...why wouldn't they do it for free or at cost?  

Honestly, it's the vendors that most likely come out on top in the long run.  

Just now, Georgiana said:

To be fair, it's very, very common for vendors to donate things in exchange for free publicity, so I wouldn't be surprised.  And it's not like it was a sacrifice on Cindy's part or a grift from the Duggars.   After such a pretty and classy wedding that was on TV and featured in a spread in People Magazine, I'm sure there are many brides in the area who are beating down Ms. Cindy's door to get a similar arrangement...and Cindy can charge at a premium! 

Jinger got to keep out of pocket costs down and Cindy got to promote her business on national TV.  There may not have been an exchange of money, but there definitely was a fair-market exchange made.   It would, quite frankly, be foolish for Jinger to NOT negotiate for gratis services or lower rates when she will be providing everyone involved with something so incredibly valuable as national publicity across multiple mediums.  That's something most of these vendors can't buy...why wouldn't they do it for free or at cost?  

Honestly, it's the vendors that most likely come out on top in the long run.  

I agree. I wasn't snarking, just factually responding to the question about the cost of it.

I was the baby of the family and yes, I got special treatment which was both good and bad. I grew fiercely independent because I didn't like being babied and I almost needed to prove to people that I could handle things on my own and do things my way. I moved away from the town I grew up in, went to university (first one in my family), stayed single longer and had my babies later than most of them (one brother had fertility problems and we had our children about the same age and my sister had her last baby later than me but all her other three earlier than my first). I did everything I could my way and when I had some problems and needed help and had to ask my siblings for help even if it wasn't that much I felt so bad and so much a failure for a while. I then realized that while I have needed some help, when they had small children they all let mom and dad help with babysitting, buying things for their kids and sometimes even money (one brother even had mom and dad co-sign his loan for his house). I had both my kids after mom and dad passed so no help whatsoever in that area for me so asking them for a couple of small favors really isn't a big deal. 

What was great was all the love I got, I genuinely felt loved and cared for by everyone in my family. I got a lot of attention which I guess was both good and bad. I am a person who does love being seen and heard still to this day and can take that a bit too far sometimes but I can also handle attention and since I had so much of it, it doesn't go to my head the same way. 

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I see. I was uncertain about whom you were laying your concern.

Michelle was also more stooped as she left the candlelighting to walk back to her seat. It struck me that the pretty youthful girl was still reflected in her face, while her gait was that of someone old and infirm.

Well having that many babies can take a lot out of you. Plus I'm pretty sure you lose a lot of calcium while pregnant. I'm sure Michelle is having her issues. 

Yes, she's been this way for awhile; I note it seems worse. She also has the characteristics of someone likely to develop osteoporosis anyway, like my paternal grandmother, with similar height and frame.

You guys, TLC still hasn't answered a very important question about Jinger's wedding. Did Kirk Cameron attend???? Who is going to set such a GODLY example for his daughters!?

While watching them get Josie ready I commented to my mom that she's getting too old to be a flower girl, and that probably by the next wedding it'll be Meredith. The Duggar children and grandchildren just have an age gap where right now there aren't any girls the right age for flower girl duties, and apparently the groom's side didn't have one either. So Josie, being the youngest of the too-olds, is the default. As an aside, I thought her flower girl getup with the crown thing had a bit of a nature sprite look to it that didn't fit with the rest of the wedding.

Of course, none of this changes the fact that Michelle babies Josie to a ridiculous degree. She is definitely the precious miracle baby who can do no wrong. Reminds me a bit of my brother. My mom cut his meat for him until he was eleven. To this day nobody expects him to bring anything to family potlucks or to be an active, involved participant in planning anything, even though he's now 30.

1 minute ago, Honeysuckle said:

While watching them get Josie ready I commented to my mom that she's getting too old to be a flower girl, and that probably by the next wedding it'll be Meredith. The Duggar children and grandchildren just have an age gap where right now there aren't any girls the right age for flower girl duties, and apparently the groom's side didn't have one either. So Josie, being the youngest of the too-olds, is the default. As an aside, I thought her flower girl getup with the crown thing had a bit of a nature sprite look to it that didn't fit with the rest of the wedding.

Of course, none of this changes the fact that Michelle babies Josie to a ridiculous degree. She is definitely the precious miracle baby who can do no wrong. Reminds me a bit of my brother. My mom cut his meat for him until he was eleven. To this day nobody expects him to bring anything to family potlucks or to be an active, involved participant in planning anything, even though he's now 30.

I fully expect to hear Josie demand to see the bad man fly next season.

4 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I fully expect to hear Josie demand to see the bad man fly next season.

Make him fly! Mommy! And then Michelle in her baby voice "Yes sweet Josie we'll make him fly." 

I am a middle child.  My youngest sister was, and still is, incredibly babied!  She gets the best birthday gifts and lots of babysitting. My mom is at her house constantly to help with kids and yard work.  It's bad!  Really obvious!  Other people comment on it in a joking manner so my mom gets to laugh if off.  Sigh!!  It's painful for the rest of us kids.  I vow to never be like that with my kids. 

Josie's dress was so cute, and i had just said awww look at her! to my daughter when they pulled out that crown and light -up thing. Omg. It reminded me of a tacky crown of thorns themed get-up that had lights. Ick. As for her being babied. I think it's inevitable. She is their last. She had all of her health issues. Michelle is tired and looks to be in chronic pain, which has to be a distraction from actually parenting the children. (aka, Jana's job).

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Well having that many babies can take a lot out of you. Plus I'm pretty sure you lose a lot of calcium while pregnant. I'm sure Michelle is having her issues. 

I noticed it too. She looked bent over and older than I'd ever seen her. Like the years were finally catching up. 

28 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Beautiful wedding, audience full of hateful Trump supporters. Lipstick on a pig, once again.

At least pigs can be cute and intelligent and tasty (mmm, chorizo pupusas...). Lipstick on a Donald Trump. I would say lipstick on a hippo, since they're nasty, ornery animals that kill more people than lions, but even baby hippos are cute and they play a role in the ecosystem. Donald Trump, on the other hand, is the most useless, awful waste of space that's ever come into being. And he probably tastes terrible.

Ok, just catching up. I gotta say, Jeremy tearing up as Jinger walked in was very sweet and seemed very genuine!!:tw_heart:

I'm an Only child, I didn't get by with Crap! 

I'm also the 4th oldest out of 12 on my moms side cousin wise so I was always counted on to be the "example and good influence"

I assumed Josie was babied because she was born three months early, took awhile to catch up, had some early developmental delays and health concerns. And now it's difficult for them to let go of fear and etc.

My thought now that I'm finally watching is that it was a beautiful wedding, and so much better put together than my own lol. And for me the funniest part wasn't the candle malfunction, but the struggle with the rings. I cracked up when Jinger covered Jeremy's hand and forced shoved his ring on . And her hesitation at the final TH seemed more like she caught herself thinking about sex and couldn't find a fundie approved cover up fast enough so Jeremy had to jump in :56247958035f1_32(18):

I thought both Jill and Jinger's weddings were filmed in higher definition than 19K&C/CO usually used. Did anyone else notice that? Were they able to use better lighting/cameras in church?

A couple of comments:

1) interesting that most of the music was newer stuff - by Keith & Kristen Getty, Stuart Townsend   (vs only 100+ year old hymns)

2) Jeremy's dad's charge to Jinger, how he defined being a helper as giving him counsel, pricking his conscience, etc - more of a conservative/evangelical vs. fundie view of marriage.   

3) the candles not coming out was really funny

4) I know they've created the fans and need for security with their show, but I can't help feel sorry for them needing the black privacy walls and security guards.   I wonder if they are actually able to be more anonymous outside of NWA?  

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I was told by my OB-GYN that when you're pregnant your body in going to give any nutrients it takes in to the baby first and to the mother second. If the mother isn't taking in enough nutrients, the body will take nutrients from stores in the mother's body, namely bones, and give it to the child.  Given how nutrient-poor Michelle's diet probably was for most of her pregnancies, it is no wonder her body is aged beyond her years. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived