IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Love and Marriage

samurai_sarah

Jeremy and Jinger's first kiss 
15055774_306414103085366_205428329173239518_n.jpg

Doesn't look half bad! Helps that Jeremy likely knows what he's doing.

Or was it awkward in motion?

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JuicyDuggar said:

She

Jill just had to get that aisle seat. So did Marci Dauer I noticed for a cross from them. I feel like she's scheming to to get her son hitched to a Duggar.  I guess Jana is the only left now... :pb_sad:

12 hours ago, Casserole said:

Have the Maxwells always attend Duggar weddings and just stayed quiet about it? Arkansas is quite a hike and they'd either leave the kidults behind or take them which seems like it would be cause for an *exciting* blog post from Sarah... making me think this is Steve's first Duggar Wedding so sales of the Moody Books/Scheduling system must REALLY be down if Steve ventured there... gotta find those like-minded people to buy his outdated fundie crap.

The Maxwells should be able to make it from their compound to the tth in under 6 hours. It would have been a gorgeous drive last weekend too. 

9 hours ago, JMO said:

@ClaraOswin

https://www.instagram.com/jingernicolevuolo/

It was started 8 weeks ago, she only follows the official accounts of various Duggars(including a private Jana acct)/Bates' /Seewalds and Vuolos and all the pic descriptions are appropriately Jesusy.  It looks legit.  I actually wonder if it was initially private and she made it public after the wedding. 

It's fake. None of the Duggars follow it. 

8 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I am following a lot of those people too though. Anyone can follow anyone, for the most part (unless the account is private and you have to get permission first. But even then...some of these folks will allow anyone to follow them, it seems.)

I just can't see her saying some of these captions....

"That time when @USWeekly shared our story. #usweekly #engagement"

"Thanks for photobombing dad #19kids"

And then a photo like this....clearly swiped from somewhere else and not her phone...

Also notice she doesn't tag either Ben or Jessa. Legit Duggars tag each other. This is merely a screengrab from the Tacos4Life episode. 

7 hours ago, WhyNotJulie said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with Jinger featuring Josie, since she's in her buddy team. Remember how Jessa featured Jordyn? The buddies are in birth order: Jana-Hannie, Jill-Jenny, Jessa-Jordyn, Jinger-Josie.

If anything, it's nice that each of the lost girls gets a special day of their own. Well, except Jenny.

Jenny is out of luck, as usual.

Josie is on Jana's buddy team. Hannie is Jinger's last buddy. Jubilee was going to be hers. Having Josie featured at the expense of Jenni and Jordyn makes no sense at all. 

Have to hand it to all of you FJers -- you truly broke the internetses tonight.  Wowza-wowzity-wow!  I was determined to watch and enjoy the wedding episode in its entirety before logging on for wit, wisdom, and snark.  Truly sorry for the stress caused to the mods, admins, and server-monitors/fixers tonight -- but twasn't I that dunnit this time!

Speaking of watching intently ... DH may or may not still be bound and gagged in basement closet.  I warned him ahead of time that I would be completely unavailable for audience to any of his still-ongoing-post-election-political ranting and raving.  (So over all of it from every angle.).  Anyhoo ... joke was on me because I couldn't join the community tonight for observation and snark.

A few notable points from my view ...
1. It was certainly evident that Jinger's wedding raised the bar exponentially.  I'll even forgive the lateness due to "Duggar Time."
2. That train.  That dress.  The cathedral-length train was very appropriate for the venue.
3. It was more than a little freaky to see some too familiar (to me) faces in the crowd ... people I'd forgotten from my time of forced servitude with ATI cult members 20+ years ago.  Quite jarring on the nerves, actually, and some unexpected triggering.  Definitely a "DI-versity" of all types in that audience and after-party.  *shudder*
4. Jinger can thank her lucky stars for Miss Cindi's class, elegance, influence, and labors of love.  Gorgeous all the way around.
5. Rev. Vuolo did a nice job with the ceremony.  None of the typical Gothard crap, no eleventy kids promise, no helpmeet mention, no submit or obey  (unless all was edited to be more palatable).
6. Apparently Stevehovah pointedly missed the memo re: buttoned dress shirt + proper necktie.
7. JillBilly and DRod managed quasi-appropriate behavior and did not severely disgrace themselves in an obvious manner. (Until RV + driveway at the after party. Eeeek.  Would love to know how many RodKidz Jill managed to sneak upstairs unnoticed into the dorm rooms for the night... perfect opportunity for some "sweet fellowship."  And don't think Jill wouldn't try to create #13 whilst on Duggar compound. Egads.)
8. Michelle finally had a proper MOB dress.  
9. With one exception, the music was beautifully done.  (The recessional had some noticeable weak spots and didn't seem to match.)  Overall, the pianist caressed the grand piano vs. beating it to death in a grudge match a la Erin Paine.

Just a few snarkworthy points IMHO:
1.  Stop it with the "grab your gal and smooch her in the aisle" nonsense.  Seriously. STOP. IT.  Not cute at all -- totally classless and cringeworthy.
2. Baffled by the lack of efficiency in handing suits to groomsmen.  In wedding planning/coordinating, the guys themselves are always responsible for this task -- including the purchase (or rental), fittings, and alterations.  Must've been a plotline for TLC because Jeremy doesn't seem the type to leave all of that to chance.  Equally surprising was the marked color difference for Jeremy and the guys.  First time I've seen it to that extreme.
3. The "Newsie" look for brother-ushers wasn't toooooo terribly bad, just didn't match the level of formality.  Also, why were they given cheapo "Flick-your- Bic"s for lighting candles?  
4. Josie.  Why?  The battery-lit Olympic laurel wreath crown was strange, indeed.
5. Can't recall which poster remarked ... but were Jennifer and Jordyn left out of the sister lineup?  If so, why?

Well, that's about a thousand words too many.  But I truly enjoyed the show.
And I wish Jinger and Jeremy a very Happily Ever After -- with liberty and freedom to be themselves.

4 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

9. With one exception, the music was beautifully done.  (The recessional had some noticeable weak spots and didn't seem to match.)  Overall, the pianist caressed the grand piano vs. beating it to death in a grudge match a la Erin Paine.

Erin was the pianist! I guess she's capable of things other than angry wedding marches.

4 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Have to hand it to all of you FJers -- you truly broke the internetses tonight.  Wowza-wowzity-wow!  I was determined to watch and enjoy the wedding episode in its entirety before logging on for wit, wisdom, and snark.  Truly sorry for the stress caused to the mods, admins, and server-monitors/fixers tonight -- but twasn't I that dunnit this time!

Speaking of watching intently ... DH may or may not still be bound and gagged in basement closet.  I warned him ahead of time that I would be completely unavailable for audience to any of his still-ongoing-post-election-political ranting and raving.  (So over all of it from every angle.).  Anyhoo ... joke was on me because I couldn't join the community tonight for observation and snark.

A few notable points from my view ...
1. It was certainly evident that Jinger's wedding raised the bar exponentially.  I'll even forgive the lateness due to "Duggar Time."
2. That train.  That dress.  The cathedral-length train was very appropriate for the venue.
3. It was more than a little freaky to see some too familiar (to me) faces in the crowd ... people I'd forgotten from my time of forced servitude with ATI cult members 20+ years ago.  Quite jarring on the nerves, actually, and some unexpected triggering.  Definitely a "DI-versity" of all types in that audience and after-party.  *shudder*
4. Jinger can thank her lucky stars for Miss Cindi's class, elegance, influence, and labors of love.  Gorgeous all the way around.
5. Rev. Vuolo did a nice job with the ceremony.  None of the typical Gothard crap, no eleventy kids promise, no helpmeet mention, no submit or obey  (unless all was edited to be more palatable).
6. Apparently Stevehovah pointedly missed the memo re: buttoned dress shirt + proper necktie.
7. JillBilly and DRod managed quasi-appropriate behavior and did not severely disgrace themselves in an obvious manner. (Until RV + driveway at the after party. Eeeek.  Would love to know how many RodKidz Jill managed to sneak upstairs unnoticed into the dorm rooms for the night... perfect opportunity for some "sweet fellowship."  And don't think Jill wouldn't try to create #13 whilst on Duggar compound. Egads.)
8. Michelle finally had a proper MOB dress.  

Just a few snarkworthy points IMHO:
1.  Stop it with the "grab your gal and smooch her in the aisle" nonsense.  Seriously. STOP. IT.  Not cute at all -- totally classless and cringeworthy.
2. Baffled by the lack of efficiency in handing suits to groomsmen.  In wedding planning/coordinating, the guys themselves are always responsible for this task -- including the purchase (or rental), fittings, and alterations.  Must've been a plotline for TLC because Jeremy doesn't seem the type to leave all of that to chance.  Equally surprising was the marked color difference for Jeremy and the guys.  First time I've seen it to that extreme.
3. The "Newsie" look for brother-ushers wasn't toooooo terribly bad, just didn't match the level of formality.  Also, why were they given cheapo "Flick-your- Bic"s for lighting candles?  
4. Josie.  Why?  The battery-lit Olympic laurel wreath crown was strange, indeed.
5. Can't recall which poster remarked ... but were Jennifer and Jordyn left out of the sister lineup?  If so, why?

1) if the wedding designer was Michelle's best friend I get why it was free - but hopefully we get to find out why they didn't go with Sierra - because otherwise they just drop people and no one seems to say why - 

2) the music while they lit the candles was nice

3) again I didn't like Papa V and his preaching and what he said - don't make me rewatch it 

4) the  girls not helping Jessa with that bloody train 

5) the groosmen before the wedding was way to serious and somber - Ben looked bad 

6) everything was free obviously -as Jinge kept saying to the camera how much she loved the name of the designer -

7) JB was just gross 

I do wonder how Jinger will adapt from "Duggar time" to the real world.  It's much less of an issue for Jessa and Jill, as they don't seem to have real roles, but as a pastor's wife, Jinger will have all kinds of responsibilities she'll have to deal with.  They can't rock up late for church if she hasn't done her hair, eg (and with Jeremy having the most important role, his focus won't be on helping her get out of the house).

It's another example of the Duggars messing up their kids.  I wonder how Joe adapted to college classes?  Of course, it could be that some of the kids are driven crazy by their families' pathological lateness, and may love running their own lives (that's how I was, for sure) - but it can be a hard thing to overcome, and Jinger seems to be an especially "late" person.

I thought Jinger's wedding was the best planned and the most beautifully designed, but the most awkward to watch. Maybe I'm in the minority in that opinion. But I thought it was awkward when:

1. The groomsmen walked the bridesmaids to their posts

2. The music didn't change for the bride's entrance (it's okay/interesting that it wasn't Here Comes The Bride, but odd that there was no difference in music at all)

3. Jinger kept trying to catch Jeremy's eye and look lovey-dovey , but he just looked straight at his father the whole ceremony

4. "Mutual attraction" was repeated over and over

5. They couldn't lift the candles...not their fault and kind of funny, but still pretty awkward.

6. Right after the candles they walked in a super slow circle back to the center of the stage followed by three sisters, and then stood there waiting for the music to end

7. They kissed! I know it could be argued that it was the best one so far, but I thought it looked like they were eating each other's faces tbh. I am glad that JB didn't say "you may kiss your bride"

8. Jinger's dress got caught as she walked away and Jessa had to run to fix it...lol

9. Jinger held her bouquet in one hand and her dress in the other hand as she walked out of the church so Jeremy had to awkwardly hold her elbow

10. They had to separate to get out the church doors

12 hours ago, mrspicolli said:

Found Jill!! 9c74f0a36e4de66ad2949f5ce991b84e.jpg

Damn. No mistaking those two.

Nice shot of Grandma Mary though.

19 hours ago, holynotfundie said:

So these are GORGEOUS pictures! There's just so much heart eyes about these pictures for me! Well except for the brides maids holding their bouquets down. It's like Jinger was the only one posing, and the others are just like " I'm putting my arm down and smiling.... When do we get food?" 

Wondering why Jinger's got to be so much fancier than her sisters'.  Jill was practically barefoot. The food looks better done.  TLC spend more money?

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

I do wonder how Jinger will adapt from "Duggar time" to the real world.  It's much less of an issue for Jessa and Jill, as they don't seem to have real roles, but as a pastor's wife, Jinger will have all kinds of responsibilities she'll have to deal with.  They can't rock up late for church if she hasn't done her hair, eg (and with Jeremy having the most important role, his focus won't be on helping her get out of the house).

It's another example of the Duggars messing up their kids.  I wonder how Joe adapted to college classes?  Of course, it could be that some of the kids are driven crazy by their families' pathological lateness, and may love running their own lives (that's how I was, for sure) - but it can be a hard thing to overcome, and Jinger seems to be an especially "late" person.

Joe didn't make it right? He did it for a bit and then stopped? And did anyone else think that John David actually had a personality in this episode? Joking around with Jeremy. Insisting that the hair on Jeremy's suit couldn't be from their house.  

1 hour ago, hollywood said:

HAHA it figures Jill-Rod would shove her way to the front as close to the family as possible. 

I really can't believe that woman. I know, I know. At this point I shouldn't be surprised anymore. But somehow 
I still can't process her level of tackiness. 

Jill wasn't really in the front. She was in the middle on the aisle. Directly where the the hard camera was facing. So whenever someone was coming down the aisle Jill was in the shot. Such a prime spot can't be a coincidence. 

5 minutes ago, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

Jill wasn't really in the front. She was in the middle on the aisle. Directly where the the hard camera was facing. So whenever someone was coming down the aisle Jill was in the shot. Such a prime spot can't be a coincidence. 

Remind me, did she ever have her own show? 

1 minute ago, BeccaGrim said:

Nope. Unless you count her propaganda Youtube videos

8 minutes ago, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

Nope. Unless you count her propaganda Youtube videos

Thats why I was thinking about.  Thanks.  I knew she had been on screen.  Maybe they'r trying to get TLC's attention. 

1 minute ago, BeccaGrim said:

Thats why I was thinking about.  Thanks.  I knew she had been on screen.  Maybe they'r trying to get TLC's attention. 

i think all the hangers on are trying to get TLC's attention one way or another 

even the couple who adopted who were at Ben and Jessa's were at the wedding  in last night's ep

19 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

The answer to that is only in her wildest dreams. ;) 

What the hell is it with these people and hats?  Having Marcs or was it Michael ?, wear a hat in a church is very disrespectful.   You don't wear a hat inside - especially a church!

and how did they get Boob to give up his position of giving them permission to kiss?

Notice that although Dickrick grabbed Jill to kiss her and walk her back up the aisle (let's make the sister in law's wedding about US!) that Benwit didn't smooch his wife and that Joshy didn't run and grab Anna.  He kept a low profile.   Ha

6 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Notice that although Dickrick grabbed Jill to kiss her and walk her back up the aisle (let's make the sister in law's wedding about US!) that Benwit didn't smooch his wife and that Joshy didn't run and grab Anna.  He kept a low profile.   Ha

He was just jealous that Jeremy's friend James had a better man bun than him ;) 

First time posting. Hello, everyone! I loved her dress, she is lovely, but what was up with that train? Princess of fundi-land? It was so formal. The awkwardness of the candles. Jim Boob and Michelle. 1000 no's. Derrick pulling the weird kiss thing was such a pathetic attempt at attention-grabbing. And the Joy announcement. The icing on the turd cake. 

What the hell is it with these people and hats?  Having Marcs or was it Michael ?, wear a hat in a church is very disrespectful.   You don't wear a hat inside - especially a church!

and how did they get Boob to give up his position of giving them permission to kiss?

Good question; how did they keep Jim bob from making an ass out of himself? I was surprised he didn't crack any icky jokes or say anything while standing at the alter to give Jinger away. I'd like to think someone sat him down and told him to keep his giant yap shut for once.

I'd also love to know why sierra wasn't featured at all; yet jinger was shown doing family photos for her in the before episode.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived