IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Love and Marriage

samurai_sarah

I had started noticing Michelle's drooping posture with the first season of Counting on.  She and JB made their first appearance of the show and when I saw them arrive I remember think, whoa, she looks like she's aged.  Not her face but her posture.  As it has been commented, women need a lot of calcium while preggo. 4 servings of dairy a day which is equivalent to a quart of milk.  Besides the fact that she probably didn't have that extra food available while going through her first 15-16 pregnancies, she might not have been able to afford vitamins either.   And back to back pregnancies are not kind to the joints either.  Aside from her posture I thought she looked great.  This is definitely the best dress of the last 3 weddings.  

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

It's nice to see a fundie guy with some kind of emotion (HEY STEVE MAXWELL!)... So does this mean they didn't do that First Look/Help each other get ready like the rest have done?

Steve couldn't smile.  He's worried that his daughters will figure out that a young lady can find a godly young man and live happily ever after. Must sit with an air of disapproval at all times.

I don't think Jessa and Ben had a first look either, not sure about Josh and Anna.

26 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

It's nice to see a fundie guy with some kind of emotion (HEY STEVE MAXWELL!)... So does this mean they didn't do that First Look/Help each other get ready like the rest have done?

If they did a first look, I'm sure they would have shown it. In my personal opinion, seeing your partner at the altar is much more powerful than seeing them before. Not to mention I'm very superstitious, so seeing my partner before the ceremony is just out of the question!

15 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

If they did a first look, I'm sure they would have shown it. In my personal opinion, seeing your partner at the altar is much more powerful than seeing them before. Not to mention I'm very superstitious, so seeing my partner before the ceremony is just out of the question!

My husband is English, and he and his family don't believe in seeing each other the day of at all. So I said goodbye to Mr. Front Hugs around 2pm on a Thursday and didn't see him until aisle time at 5:30pm on a Friday. All sorts of feelings!

To add to the altar discussion, it isn't a place, it's an object - a table basically. 

the table in a Christian church at which the bread and wine are consecrated in communion services.

My baptist neighbor says they basically just use a rolling cart for those Sundays where they have communion.  Each church can be somewhat different though.  For instance many more liturgical churches call the seating area the nave and the raised area where the altar is placed the sanctuary where other churches call both areas together the sanctuary. 

Mr Alba and I didn't do a first look at all. We didn't want our guests to have to wait ages for food, so we did all our couples photos before the ceremony. We met in the lobby of the hotel and drove together to meet the photographer :pb_lol:

19 hours ago, danni9242 said:

The wedding planner as mechelle's friend made sure she had a decent dress.

But she forgot to make sure Mechelle wore decent shoes! She wore her fugly black orthopaedic shoes.

@Ralar The brief glimpse of shoes at the ceremony looked different than the ones she showed up.  I think she did wear black heals.  It's hard to tell though.

On 16 november 2016 at 5:43 AM, eleanora3 said:

And the full wedding invitation...all courtesy of tumblr

15032112_306420519751391_6690716325378968432_n.jpg

Oh God I HATE the custom to refer to a married straight couple as Mr & Mrs Hisname!! It makes the woman invisible. :my_angry: 

44 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Interestingly, at Jewish weddings, the bride and groom ALWAYS see one another before the ceremony. There are several parts to a Jewish wedding: 

First, the Ketubah (wedding contract) is signed.

The second ceremony requires the groom to place the veil over the bride's face.  In the Torah, Jacob was fooled by Laban and married Leah, the older sister, rather than his intended -- Rachel, because she arrives at the chuppah already veiled.  So, our tradition has the groom place the veil on the bride immediately prior to the ceremony. That way he's sure he's marrying the correct person and not a stand-in.

Third comes the chuppah ceremony, which most think of as "the wedding ceremony."

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:59 AM, eleanora3 said:

Erin was the pianist! I guess she's capable of things other than angry wedding marches.

Are you sure?  When I saw the pianist she was not only playing the piano but singing as well.  (Particularly during the song while Jinger & Jeremy were [trying] to light their unity candle).  And she didn't look like Erin Bates to me.

14 hours ago, kinphilly said:

A couple of comments:

1) interesting that most of the music was newer stuff - by Keith & Kristen Getty, Stuart Townsend   (vs only 100+ year old hymns)

Speaking of the music, does anyone know the name of the song which was being performed while Jinger & Jeremy were [trying] to light their unity candle?  The very end of it had the words "Hallelujah we sing, Hallelujah we sing, Hallelujah we sing."  But I tried looking up the names given above (Keith & Kristen Getty, Stuart Townsend) and couldn't find anything that seemed to fit.

I only saw the first top part of that wedding invite at first while scrolling.  the names and the curved part at the top.  It looked a lot like a tombstone.....

42 minutes ago, Queen said:

Oh God I HATE the custom to refer to a married straight couple as Mr & Mrs Hisname!! It makes the woman invisible. :my_angry: 

I do to! Our pastor referred to us as Joker and Harley Quinn, thank God. No Mrs Joker Quinn :pb_lol: 

That was definitely not Erin on the piano.  Similar playing styles but different voice and she looked older and had brown hair. 

54 minutes ago, Queen said:

Agreed. However, I find it much more enraging that many "mainstream" people still do this and think nothing of it. I mean, for fundies this is just par for the course. But it's still fairly common among non-fundies too. I don't understand how you can possibly not see how demeaning this is for women. "Tradition," my ass!

17 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I do to! Our pastor referred to us as Joker and Harley Quinn, thank God. No Mrs Joker Quinn :pb_lol: 

I'm tempted do the opposite of what these patriarchy-lovers do. Hence, from now on Jinger and Jeremy are Mrs and Mr Jinger Duggar. 

And Boob is of course Mr Michelle Hermaidenname! :D 

37 minutes ago, Dept. of Redundancy Dept. said:

Are you sure?  When I saw the pianist she was not only playing the piano but singing as well.  (Particularly during the song while Jinger & Jeremy were [trying] to light their unity candle).  And she didn't look like Erin Bates to me.

10 minutes ago, JMO said:

That was definitely not Erin on the piano.  Similar playing styles but different voice and she looked older and had brown hair. 

Here's the glimpse we get of the pianist - I was pretty sure that was her, no?

erinbates.png

Erin may have played the initial music (the banging away had seemed her style anyways) but at the end one of the women behind her was playing and singing.  I have an ancient computer and can't give a picture.  So, I guess we are both right.  :my_biggrin:

How do the Duggars know the Maxwells? Have the Maxwells ever been associated with Gothard's former group? Do they go to Big Sandy?

Has any Duggar ever attended a Maxwell nuptial?

1 hour ago, Ralar said:
1 hour ago, Ralar said:

But she forgot to make sure Mechelle wore decent shoes! She wore her fugly black orthopaedic shoes.

She potentially suggested shoes M said she couldn't wear?

24 minutes ago, Queen said:

I'm tempted do the opposite of what these patriarchy-lovers do. Hence, from now on Jinger and Jeremy are Mrs and Mr Jinger Duggar. 

And Boob is of course Mr Michelle Hermaidenname! :D 

Mr Michelle Ruark?

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

How do the Duggars know the Maxwells?

It's a small Fundie world.  The Maxwell's chore chart was front and central product placement on the show.  The Duggars mentioned Managers of the Home in 20 and Counting.  JB wrote a foreword to Buying a House Debt-free.  Steve thinks Duggar is Godly even though he allows his family to be shown on The Beast.

Have the Maxwells ever been associated with Gothard's former group?

They sold their products through IBLP/ATI.  Steve seems to have marketed to most Fundie groups.  They belong to the Church of Stevehovah though.  We believe that Steve thinks IBLP doesn't shelter children enough.  

Do they go to Big Sandy?

I very much doubt it.  Far too much like FUN.  And competition.  The Maxwells have (or used to have) their own conferences.

Has any Duggar ever attended a Maxwell nuptial?

Not to my knowledge.

We do have a whole Maxwell subforum, you know. :)

8 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It's a small Fundie world.  The Maxwell's chore chart was front and central product placement on the show.  The Duggars mentioned Managers of the Home in 20 and Counting.  JB wrote a foreword to Buying a House Debt-free.  Steve thinks Duggar is Godly even though he allows his family to be shown on The Beast.

They sold their products through IBLP/ATI.  Steve seems to have marketed to most Fundie groups.  They belong to the Church of Stevehovah though.  We believe that Steve thinks IBLP doesn't shelter children enough.  

I very much doubt it.  Far too much like FUN.  And competition.  The Maxwells have (or used to have) their own conferences.

Not to my knowledge.

We do have a whole Maxwell subforum, you know. :)

I love how the enmeshment spills over between families.  This whole culture is just so icky.

And it floors me that perfectholysaintisolationiststevemaxwell can overlook the Joshley and molestation incidents and still hang with the Duggars.  No morals.  No shame.  

I guess since I grew up Catholic, I always treated any church the same as I treated my home church. Basically, the Eucharist in a Catholic church is left in the tabernacle. If the Presence Light is on, you genuflect to the Presence of God, and behave as if you are at Mass or other services: respectfully, quietly, reverently.

So no running up the aisle, yelling, or playing in a Catholic church, ever, and no hat wearing by males. Yarmulkes are ok.

I am THAT girl who genuflected when I went to a Lutheran church with my friend, and I always cross myself when the Trinity is invoked, no matter where  I am. I'm SO obvious.

Anyway, it's interesting to me that it's a building any time church isn't in session in other places.

13 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

And it floors me that perfectholysaintisolationiststevemaxwell can overlook the Joshley and molestation incidents and still hang with the Duggars.  No morals.  No shame.  

But don't you know as he (pretended he) repented all is hunky dory again?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived